Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Does anyone find this ironic?

That they Chinese have this problem but they are allowed to dump cheap products etc and trade cheap goods with the US....and Penn is moving manufacturing over there?

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/...&w=APO&coview=
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
5/0
Eels

Im not surprised at all that Penn is moving it's production over Sea's.
It's all about the almighty dollar!That's the bottom line.

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
Billybob

This "migration" issue drives me nuts.Yep, it's about the almighty dollar but it's pretty shortsighted IMO.First of all, China has serious problems with lousy roads, docks,electrical system - some of the new migrated western manufacturers have to shut down some days because they don't have the power! And it's a communist country - you don't even own the land that you're building your billion dollar plant on, they could throw your arse out someday.
But, WTF is our government and corporate bigwigs thinking? Without a manufacturing base HERE - it all collapses.America and the rest of the western world are the biggest consumers of these cheap goods.
So, Billybob's factory closes and he's out of a job - he doesn't buy anymore Big Macs, he can't even go to the doctor cause he can't afford it, he certainly isn't gonna buy a Penn reel, or a Plasma TV. So now, this wonderful service economy collapses cuz there's noone who can afford to be served.
So who's gonna buy all this great, neat, hi-tech, made in a brand new Chinese plant crap? Well, lets see - who's working, oh yeah the Chinese and there's billions of em! Oops - wait a minute, they only make .25 friggen yuans an hour they don't even have drinking water -they're not buying any ipods today .
So it all collapses, the very same corporate genius' who chased the cheap labor fired their customers in the process.But, it worked long enough for them.

Pisses me off.
Billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

I talked to the Penn rep at the MSBA show and asked him about the subject. He just looked at my sneakers and asked "where do you think those were made?"

I just walked away.

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
TunaCell

What I always found to be ironic are the American flag pins with "MADE IN CHINA" stamped on the back

-Brendan
TunaCell is offline   Reply With Quote