Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The Eagle Has Landed

My chainsaw carving skills are getting a tad better and while I've sold a few pieces to friends, I know I've not been getting what I might and certainly not paying for my time. This piece I might not even sell as it's my first attempt at an eagle, well actually my first attempt failed to look the part and became a red tailed hawk. A carving in Lee Mass I've corresponded with has given me some direction on pricing with the basic starting point at $100/ft then adding on if involved or in this case maybe it requires more painting and sealing. Since we have our own craftsman on this site from glass blowers and cabinet makers, to custom plug builders, what do you think about $325 if I decide to sell?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	67381   Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	67382  
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
PaulS

I have no artistic talent but think you did a great job
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
Jenn

Its looks awesome! If youre getting Berkshires pricing at $325 its probably doable if selling to that crowd....I'm not sure you would get that "all day long" but your time and effort is worth it....Im no expert but I would say someone looking for that specifically would probably pay it. My comparison is my neighbor bought a wooden american flag for $300 and he is middle class means a lot to him...so he felt it worth it...I agreed on craftmanship..expect when it arrived it had shoddy workmanship and finish on edges,,,,,pissed him off and I agreed it was weak for that price point. long run he bought half price for better finish work. Moral of the story....people will pay for quality work if its a piece that means something to them....but wont be happy if they get a shoddy half finished piece. Art doesnt need to be perfect and thats ok. sending out a piece with a finished and polished front and not finished side that visible wont cut it.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote