Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

SECRET service

The U.S. Secret Service has determined it has no new texts to provide Congress relevant to its Jan. 6 investigation, and that any other texts its agents exchanged around the time of the 2021 attack on the Capitol were purged.

"There were no relevant texts in the batch of deleted texts we never examined" isn't the defense the Secret Service thinks it is.

The Secret Service was asked to preserve all records on January 16, again on Jan 25, and then the Secret Service went ahead with their mass deletions on Jan 27?

Don’t start with the “Secret Service was sloppy” nonsense. There are two possibilities. Either they broke the law violating their responsibility to preserve records. Or they obstructed justice. And let’s be honest, their behavior suggests the latter.

Aside from the vanished Secret Service records, what other crucial evidence potentially revealing Presidential and Executive Branch misbehavior during period around January 6, 2021, has somehow “disappeared?” And who is to blame for the “disappearance?”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-21-2022, 08:49 PM   #2
wdmso

The mission of the U.S. Secret Service Cyber Fraud Task Forces (CFTF) is to prevent, detect, and mitigate complex cyber-enabled financial crimes, with the ultimate goal of arresting and convicting the most harmful perpetrators.

But they deleted messages I am no conspiracy nut but that’s awfully convenient
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-22-2022, 05:20 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

The investigation into the Secret Service’s deleted text messages is now a CRIMINAL investigation by the Department of Homeland Security.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:36 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But they deleted messages I am no conspiracy nut but that’s awfully convenient

I heard they got advice from hillary.....
Old 07-22-2022, 05:59 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

I know all those folks who were outraged by Hillary Clinton’s destruction of emails will be enraged by the Secret Service’s (arguably illegal) failure to preserve texts. No doubt, they will call for hearings, firings, and prosecution. Right?
Old 07-22-2022, 06:09 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I know all those folks who were outraged by Hillary Clinton’s destruction of emails will be enraged by the Secret Service’s (arguably illegal) failure to preserve texts. No doubt, they will call for hearings, firings, and prosecution. Right?
definitely
Old 07-22-2022, 08:04 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Among the 24 USSS personnel whose texts for Jan 5 and 6 are missing are Robert Engel, the member of the Trump protective detail who was in the presidential car when Trump angrily wanted to be taken to the Capitol, and James Murray, the USSS head.

To put this in perspective: There are 3,200 special agents in the Secret Service. Just so happens that in this agency-wide migration these two high-level officials had their texts erased.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:31 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Among the 24 USSS personnel whose texts for Jan 5 and 6 are missing are Robert Engel, the member of the Trump protective detail who was in the presidential car when Trump angrily wanted to be taken to the Capitol, and James Murray, the USSS head.

To put this in perspective: There are 3,200 special agents in the Secret Service. Just so happens that in this agency-wide migration these two high-level officials had their texts erased.
I heard trump hijacked a helicopter and tried to fly it into the Capitol but AOC stopped him.....
Old 07-22-2022, 09:09 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard trump hijacked a helicopter and tried to fly it into the Capitol but AOC stopped him.....
You hear lots of things

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

The situation at the Secret Service is bad enough I think someone will personally retain counsel and blow it up. A lot are guilty but someone won't want to go down the drain with them.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

OK, Secret Service phones were wiped. So were those of Homeland Security. Now reportedly the same with the Pentagon.
You think anyone will have to explain what was going on here?
Old 08-02-2022, 10:31 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

DoD, DHS, & USSS all had:

1) the same exact technical issue,

2) at the same time,

3) purely among senior leaders, and

4) all correlated to the country’s second violent transfer of power?

The coup’s main leaders, propagandists, & principal beneficiaries remain at large.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:57 PM   #13
wdmso

In a 2013 report, which was never publicly released, investigators said they did “not believe” Joseph V. Cuffari’s explanation for why he failed to inform his supervisors — against federal rules — about his testimony in a lawsuit brought by a federal prisoner. The report raises new questions about Cuffari's vetting after President Donald Trump appointed him to the position.

Seems Honestly is not his Strength
Now me know why Trump appointed Him