Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 05-26-2023, 06:34 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Memorial Day Weekend Plans

Last touches on mom's house before the open house tomorrow.

This weekend, please keep those in mind that gave their everything in the service of this country.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Continue to chase two boat wiring gremlins and push the reassembly after tank replacement over the finish line... Caulked deck seams last evening. Return rod dryer to Saltyric after new epoxying my go to live bait rod. Call the kids from the local boat cleaning service to do final cleaning as I had won a detailing!
Getting next-to-last of my Snowbird houses ready to hand back to returning owners. Last house is getting prepped for estate sale as both passed last fall. Pick up a pair of outdoor deck rockers I bought from the estate.

Get out and attend your town's Memorial Day events and celebrations...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70663747855__6A04F6A9-53C9-46BB-A4A7-EEE410B429F4.JPG (686.2 KB, 10 views)

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:16 PM   #3
Hookedagain

Most of the plans we had were cancelled as my MIL had a stroke last night. I am still planning a little early morning fishing but I will be supporting the bride most of the weekend. Thank you to all who gave so much for our freedom!
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:04 PM   #4
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Working mornings all 3 days but I am NOT working the mowing detail Sunday. Huge family cookout at my nieces. I got 100 little necks from my main man "CLAMMER"!

Last edited by piemma; 05-27-2023 at 01:47 AM..

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:42 PM   #5
Guppy
User

Gym yard fish x 3

Thanks for serving vets and GB those that gave it all….
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:47 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Golf tourney tomorrow, working on eagle commission Sunday, neighborhood party Monday. Thanks to all who served and a special thanks to those that made the ultimate sacrifice.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 05:21 PM   #7
wdmso

Fishing early Am than iam done until Tuesday
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
rphud
GrandBob

Working, but maybe not as much as originally scheduled. Might find time to get together with fam (a.k.a. grand daughter) before work again on Tuesday. Get ready for CT state lax playoffs with my boys!
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 09:38 AM   #9
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
Working, but maybe not as much as originally scheduled. Might find time to get together with fam (a.k.a. grand daughter) before work again on Tuesday. Get ready for CT state lax playoffs with my boys!
You are making sales calls on Memorial day weekend? That's dedication.

Old 05-27-2023, 01:37 PM   #10
rphud
GrandBob

no sales calls this weekend, managing gangs of pissed of tradesmen getting work done during a shutdown. Scaffolding, pipe fitting and electricians that do not want to be here this weekend. What could go wrong?
Old 05-28-2023, 01:10 AM   #11
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
no sales calls this weekend, managing gangs of pissed of tradesmen getting work done during a shutdown. Scaffolding, pipe fitting and electricians that do not want to be here this weekend. What could go wrong?

Old 05-28-2023, 10:12 AM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

We killed ourselves yesterday getting the house in summer mode outside and a lot of planting. Just took WAY more energy and time than it used to... Both of us are resting today, with minor activities being watering new plantings and putting boat cover away for summer.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:37 AM   #13
rphud
GrandBob

14 hours and 19097 steps later Saturday was done so we could stay home Sunday. Chillin and grillin and a nice cigar. Watch D1 lax finals this afternoon followed by pre-states high school lax practice this evening. Starting to get organized and packed for a small island surrounded by large fish end of the week with the boys and the Trolls.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:40 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Most of the plans we had were cancelled as my MIL had a stroke last night. I am still planning a little early morning fishing but I will be supporting the bride most of the weekend. Thank you to all who gave so much for our freedom!

Good luck, bud ~!

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:14 PM   #15
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I'm A little late I've been busy,

Friday was our 39th anniversary, I left work early, spent time with my wife and 3rd grandchild George and removed the pool cover then got the filter running, we went out to dinner after George went home

Saturday I woke up to the pool filter spraying water and the backyard flooded, so I turned the breaker off and got coffee, after I found that pressure built up in the filter and it was spraying at the seam. I took it all apart and cleaned it like it was brand new. I then went to the pool store and got the supplies we needed and got it running again took a nap on the outside furniture then watched hockey and basketball

Sunday I went out and vacuumed and scrubbed the pool we had a cookout and my son and his family came over

Monday I just cleaned around the pool backyard and rapped up the pool cover now I'm going to watch hockey and basketball

I hope everyone had a good weekend and Hookedagain I hope everything turns out ok for your MIL

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote