Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-31-2022, 08:19 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Paul Pelosi attack

I hadnt seen much coverage of this, i didn’t want to watch all
the liberals blaming the gop. which of course they’re doing.

Man oh man would it be sweet if the body cam footage got released before the midterms.

The guy is a right wing zealot, despite being an illegal alien who has BLM flags on the bus he lives in, a professional nudist, whatever the hell that means.

He’s obviously the poster boy for the GOP.

if this guy was hitting Mr Pelosi and yelling “the gop told
me to do this”, we’d have seen the body cam footage.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-31-2022 at 08:39 PM..
Old 10-31-2022, 09:39 PM   #2
spence

Thinking of trying out for Penthouse Forums Jim?
Old 11-01-2022, 04:41 AM   #3
scottw

pretty amusing that Spence's mind wanders to penthouse forum....is that still a thing?

I think there was some early confusion because people heard Mr. Pelosi was hammered and nobody was surprised given recent events....I hope the FBI doesn't investigate me for that...I hope Mr Pelosi will recover and I'm amazed that the Pelosi's have two high end refrigerators full of designer ice cream and an elevator in their mansion but no security system....I wonder if they have solar panels?

I heard the guy also dresses his boy as a girl or the other way around...so definitely a Mega MAGA assailant

watching the SF DA yesterday was amusing....she appeared to be thinking, as she read her version of events..."nobody is ever going to believe this nonsense"

and then of course, at the end, she felt the need to lecture the nation on civility, as she stood in the middle of her crime, drug ridden city where people poop on the streets......

SFGATE
Oct. 4, 2022 "Homicides saw the largest year-over-year percent increase of any crime in the city, increasing 20% since this time last year, and there have been multiple headline-grabbing shootings in recent weeks. Robberies were up 5.6%, while larceny theft, a category that includes retail theft, was up 4.5%, representing the majority of crimes reported to the police."
Old 11-01-2022, 05:45 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Thinking of trying out for Penthouse Forums Jim?
i don’t immediately buy into crazy conspiracy theories. i’d like to know how he got into the home of the speaker of the house. And i’d like to see the body cam footage. Again if the video showed him saying trump ordered him to do it, we’d have seen that video.

lots of people on your side are saying it’s the GOPs fault, which it could be. Or it could be something else. I’d like to know the facts. I can’t help but notice that the left isn’t demanding to see the body cam video, not demanding factual details. They seem content running with their assumptions that it’s rhe gop’s fault. But somehow it’s not the democrats fault what happened to Steve Scalise or what almost happened to brett kavanaugh after Schumer said he deserved to reap the whirlwind. That’s very convenient for the left .
Old 11-01-2022, 05:59 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

i don’t immediately buy into crazy conspiracy theories. i’d like to know how he got into the home of the speaker of the house.
two hammers apparently....

it was very odd that the DA insisted she needed to leave out many details of events but made a point of noting that when the intruder encountered Mr P he was wearing a "loosely fitting shirt and boxer shorts"...WTF?....why is that important?...wait...never mind

the media wasn't nearly as concerned when a guy tried to kill Kavanaugh and his family....I wonder if it will be ok to protest outside the Pelosi mansion going forward?
Old 11-01-2022, 06:13 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Spence,,look at these stories the media has gotten
wrong recently…Hunters laptop, border agents whipping people, Jesse Smollett, Kyle Rittenhouse, Nick Sandmann, Ferguson hands up don’t shoot, Duke lacrosse rape case…

does the media ever make mistakes that help the right?
Old 11-01-2022, 06:34 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Looks like he’s just a schizophrenic lunatic.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-01-2022, 06:59 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s a simple reason why Republicans refuse to unequivocally condemn the attack on Paul Pelosi — they’ve spent years demonizing Nancy Pelosi. To treat her and her husband with basic decency would piss off their supporters.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:04 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There’s a simple reason why Republicans refuse to unequivocally condemn the attack on Paul Pelosi — they’ve spent years demonizing Nancy Pelosi. To treat her and her husband with basic decency would piss off their supporters.
Exactly. Although some have condemn the attack.

The attack wasn't based on policy votes (abortion, taxes, etc) it was based on a lie propagated by most of the R party, from the top on down. So while he was crazy, there is a direct line bt who was and is telling the lies and crazy one's belief the election was stolen and that Pelosi was a part of it..
Old 11-01-2022, 07:13 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Exactly. Although some have condemn the attack.

The attack wasn't based on policy votes (abortion, taxes, etc) it was based on a lie propagated by most of the R party, from the top on down. So while he was crazy, there is a direct line bt who was and is telling the lies and crazy one's belief the election was stolen and that Pelosi was a part of it..
Exactly? can you name a single meaningful republican who hasn’t condemned it when asked?

how do you know what the attack was based on? does that “direct line” not also apply to the shooting of Steve Scalise and the guy who wanted to kill Kavanaugh right after Schumer threatened him by name? or does that line only appt to the right?
Old 11-01-2022, 07:19 AM   #11
Jim in CT

when rand paul was savagely beaten ( 6 broken ribs, part of his lung had to be removed), Pelosis daughter said the attacker was “right”, and MSNBC said it was their “favorite story” at the time. look those up, that happened.

But now you’re clutching your pearls at the republican reaction?

what prominent republicans refused to condemn it. Trump, for whatever it’s worth, said it was “terrible”, is that not a condemnation?

Can the same standard ever be applied to all of us?
Old 11-01-2022, 07:54 AM   #12
wdmso

can you name a single meaningful republican who hasn’t condemned it when asked?

You should be a circus Contortionist
Old 11-01-2022, 07:56 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
I hadnt seen much coverage of this, i didn’t want to watch all
the liberals blaming the gop. which of course they’re doing.

Man oh man would it be sweet if the body cam footage got released before the midterms.

The guy is a right wing zealot, despite being an illegal alien who has BLM flags on the bus he lives in, a professional nudist, whatever the hell that means.

He’s obviously the poster boy for the GOP.

if this guy was hitting Mr Pelosi and yelling “the gop told
me to do this”, we’d have seen the body cam footage.

of course not is it get a 1min blip on FOX
Old 11-01-2022, 08:14 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
can you name a single meaningful republican who hasn’t condemned it when asked?

You should be a circus Contortionist
please show me some footage of influential republicans who didn’t condemn the attack. if there are any, they should be ashamed. but i see you don’t care about those who celebrated the attack on Rand Paul, yiujwonr comment on that. Why is that wayne?
Old 11-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
of course not is it get a 1min blip on FOX
anyone got their gibberish —> english translator handy?
Old 11-01-2022, 08:16 AM   #16
scottw

this is the most bizarre break-in ever...I suspect it will get more bizarre
Old 11-01-2022, 08:23 AM   #17
wdmso

when rand paul was savagely beaten ( 6 broken ribs, part of his lung had to be removed),

jim loves to lie

what actually happened

Rene Boucher broke several of the senator’s ribs when he tackled him while Paul was doing yard work at his home in Kentucky in 2017.

of course in Jims world both incidents are the same

Donald Trump Jr posts 'Paul Pelosi Halloween costume' image mocking hammer attack on House Speaker's husband

Let's hear another Lie that Trump Jr isn't a meaningful republican

Jan 6th and now the Pelose attack and Republicans response is always the same

Republicans blame ‘both sides’ for political violence after Paul Pelosi attack

on Sunday, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, called the attack on Paul Pelosi “disgusting.”

He then shifted the discussion to reports that Republicans have been vulnerable to politically motivated attacks, too. “We had a door knocker in Florida that was attacked,” he said, referring to a recent attack on a Republican canvasser that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) claimed was politically motivated. Police have not backed up that assertion. “I mean, this stuff has to stop.”

On CBS’s “Face the Nation,” host Margaret Brennan questioned Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) about his Twitter post last week of a video of him firing a gun at a shooting range with the hashtag #FirePelosi.

defended the imagery, saying he was touting the Second Amendment rather than promoting violence.

He also returned to arguing about both sides when asked about armed people in Arizona staking out ballot drop boxes.

Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, said Sunday it was “unfair” for Democrats to link Republicans’ inflammatory rhetoric toward their political opponents to the attack on Paul Pelosi.

“I think this is a deranged individual,” McDaniel cited an attack in July against New York GOP gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin at a campaign event, and falsely claimed that President Biden “didn’t talk about the assassination attempt against” Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh,

Wow still calling the man who called the police on himself an assassination attempt .. WOW ! Trump was right if they think that's what an assassination attempt looks like .

Donald Trump declared in February that he loved "the poorly educated." And people with less formal education — generally less than a college degree — loved him back
Old 11-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
when rand paul was savagely beaten ( 6 broken ribs, part of his lung had to be removed),

jim loves to lie

what actually happened

Rene Boucher broke several of the senator’s ribs when he tackled him while Paul was doing yard work at his home in Kentucky in 2017.

of course in Jims world both incidents are the same

Donald Trump Jr posts 'Paul Pelosi Halloween costume' image mocking hammer attack on House Speaker's husband

Let's hear another Lie that Trump Jr isn't a meaningful republican

Jan 6th and now the Pelose attack and Republicans response is always the same

Republicans blame ‘both sides’ for political violence after Paul Pelosi attack

on Sunday, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, called the attack on Paul Pelosi “disgusting.”

He then shifted the discussion to reports that Republicans have been vulnerable to politically motivated attacks, too. “We had a door knocker in Florida that was attacked,” he said, referring to a recent attack on a Republican canvasser that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) claimed was politically motivated. Police have not backed up that assertion. “I mean, this stuff has to stop.”

On CBS’s “Face the Nation,” host Margaret Brennan questioned Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) about his Twitter post last week of a video of him firing a gun at a shooting range with the hashtag #FirePelosi.

defended the imagery, saying he was touting the Second Amendment rather than promoting violence.

He also returned to arguing about both sides when asked about armed people in Arizona staking out ballot drop boxes.

Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, said Sunday it was “unfair” for Democrats to link Republicans’ inflammatory rhetoric toward their political opponents to the attack on Paul Pelosi.

“I think this is a deranged individual,” McDaniel cited an attack in July against New York GOP gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin at a campaign event, and falsely claimed that President Biden “didn’t talk about the assassination attempt against” Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh,

Wow still calling the man who called the police on himself an assassination attempt .. WOW ! Trump was right if they think that's what an assassination attempt looks like .

Donald Trump declared in February that he loved "the poorly educated." And people with less formal education — generally less than a college degree — loved him back
"of course in Jims world both incidents are the same "

I never said that. In fact, I said they are different. In Paul's case, the left didn't care when some of their own celebrated what happened to Paul. With Pelosi's attack, the left demands that we all condemn the violence.

I am saying the events are different. Can I be more clear.

"Trump Jr isn't a meaningful republican"

Here's the difference between us...Trump JR is a scumbag who no one should listen to. I have absolutely no problem saying that. But you would never, ever condemn liberals who celebrated Paul's attack.

That's the difference between us. It's a big difference.

Why exactly is it wrong to point out that political violence happens to both sides? The left wing media is saying all day, every day that the right is out of control. Why isn't it perfectly appropriate to respond by pointing out that both sides do it, and it's equally wrong when either side does it? Why is that inappropriate?

We should just let liberals lie and say it only happens to them?

Your side constantly censors the truth. They never stop.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:40 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) claimed was politically motivated. Police have not backed up that assertion
So you say it's wrong for Rubio to assume the attack on his volunteer was politically motivated.

Fine.

So why is it OK for all of you to assume the attack on Mr Pelosi was politically motivated? The police haven't established that either.

Why is it wrong for Rubio to speculate, but totally OK for the entire left to speculate?

Please answer that question. I'll wait.

Let's summarize your position here Wayne...

(1) it's OK for you to speculate about the motives behind Mr Pelosi's attack, but wrong for Rubio to do the same exact thing.

(2) when liberals say that all political violence is done by the right, the right should not disprove that by pointing to irrefutable cases of left wing political violence. The right should just take those accusations and shut about it, so that we can paint democrats in the most favorable way possible. That matters more than truth.

Do I have that right Wayne? Does that seem fair and balanced to you?
Old 11-01-2022, 08:40 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
please show me some footage of influential republicans who didn’t condemn the attack. if there are any, they should be ashamed. but i see you don’t care about those who celebrated the attack on Rand Paul, yiujwonr comment on that. Why is that wayne?
now it's footage!

Give it UP .... Jim his neighbor wasn't motivated by Democratic Rhetoric..

I am sure he was motivated because Rand was a #^&#^&#^&#^& neighbor doesn't make it ok ... but it's not political violence

why am I not surprised you cant see the difference?

Rand is such a petty man

“No one deserves to be assaulted. Unlike Nancy Pelosi’s daughter who celebrated my assault, I condemn this attack and wish Mr Pelosi a speedy recovery,” the Kentucky senator tweeted on Friday.

Pelosi’s daughter who celebrated my assault

in March of 2020, Nancy Pelosi’s daughter Christine tweeted, “Rand Paul’s neighbor was right.”Yep 3 years after the Assault took place ...

Again not remotely the same! As lets say Don Jrs Tweet
Old 11-01-2022, 08:42 AM   #21
wdmso

"Trump Jr isn't a meaningful republican" and Your side constantly censors the truth. They never stop.

jim that just shows how misinformed or its just wishful thinking hard to tell which
Old 11-01-2022, 08:45 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Trump Jr isn't a meaningful republican" and Your side constantly censors the truth. They never stop.

jim that just shows how misinformed or its just wishful thinking hard to tell which
Tell us all why it's wrong for Rubio to jump to conclusions about the motives behind the attack on his volunteer, but it's totally fine for everyone on the left to speculate about the motives behind Mr Pelosi's atack.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:02 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Exactly? can you name a single meaningful republican who hasn’t condemned it when asked?

how do you know what the attack was based on? does that “direct line” not also apply to the shooting of Steve Scalise and the guy who wanted to kill Kavanaugh right after Schumer threatened him by name? or does that line only appt to the right?
When Steve Scalise was shot, Nancy Pelosi said, ‘an attack on you is an attack on us all,’
She didn’t speculate about it being a ‘tiff between gay lovers’.
Didn’t say it was staged, didn’t crack jokes or post memes.
She stood up and spoke out.
So spare me your bothsidesism bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
When Steve Scalise was shot, Nancy Pelosi said, ‘an attack on you is an attack on us all,’
She didn’t speculate about it being a ‘tiff between gay lovers’.
Didn’t say it was staged, didn’t crack jokes or post memes.
She stood up and spoke out.
So spare me your bothsidesism bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
i havent heard a republican politician say the attack was acceptable or tolerable. not a single one. they’re all condemning it.

there’s an audio i heard, purported to be a conversation from the dispatcher, stating that the person who made the call ( presumably Mr Pelosi) knew the “”Dave” who was there and that they were friends. i heard an audio of that conversation.

Has that call been debunked? it obviously could have been made up by right wing liars. Or it could be authentic. But do we know it’s not legit?

I don’t care about the motives or the details, what matters is that Mr Pelosi recovers and that the attacker gets whats coming to him. But if the left is going to claim everywhere that this is yet another example of right wing violent lunatics and that only the right wing does this, THEN you better be prepared to prove that and face questions when there are interesting holes in the details.

Why would we assume your side is getting this one right? After Ferguson, Duke lacrosse, university of VA rape case, Nick Sandmann, Kyle Rittenhouse, Jesse Smollett, border agents accused of whipping…sorry, at some point your credibility gets tainted when you get caught lying for political gain enough times.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:29 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i havent heard a republican politician say the attack was acceptable or tolerable. not a single one. they’re all condemning it.

there’s an audio i heard, purported to be a conversation from the dispatcher, stating that the person who made the call ( presumably Mr Pelosi) knew the “”Dave” who was there and that they were friends. i heard an audio of that conversation.

Has that call been debunked? it obviously could have been made up by right wing liars. Or it could be authentic. But do we know it’s not legit?

I don’t care about the motives or the details, what matters is that Mr Pelosi recovers and that the attacker gets whats coming to him. But if the left is going to claim everywhere that this is yet another example of right wing violent lunatics and that only the right wing does this, THEN you better be prepared to prove that and face questions when there are interesting holes in the details.

Why would we assume your side is getting this one right? After Ferguson, Duke lacrosse, university of VA rape case, Nick Sandmann, Kyle Rittenhouse, Jesse Smollett, border agents accused of whipping…sorry, at some point your credibility gets tainted when you get caught lying for political gain enough times.
You can’t even manage ordinary decency anymore. That’s what the GOP has become.

Remember Larry Elder, the radio host who ran for governor of California? He was a normal conservative, or seemed to be. But the mood of the right has infected him. Noting that Paul Pelosi had been arrested for a DUI a few months ago, he tweeted: “Poor Paul Pelosi. First, he’s busted for DUI and then gets attacked in his home. Hammered twice in six months.”

All of this is a garden party compared with the bilge (thank you Charlie Sykes) released into the atmosphere by Donald Trump Jr. Repeating a rumor from the fever swamps (which rumor was later retweeted by the new chief Twit), he displayed a picture of men’s underwear and a hammer, saying “Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.” The vile, baseless claim that Pelosi was in the midst of a homosexual tryst with his attacker thus became the official conservative response to a horrifying attack on an 82 year-old man and attempted attack on the speaker of the House. Doubtless it will be but a few weeks or months before the Pew Research Center releases a survey showing that 70 percent of Republicans believe that the attack on Paul Pelosi was fake or a false flag. Was Antifa responsible?

Just asking questions as your ilk does…

The DoJ is charging DePape with a federal crime, and the conspiracy theories are now TOTALLY DEBUNKED. First, he was LOOKING FOR THE SPEAKER, and Paul Pelosi DID NOT KNOW HIM.
Next, DePape was not in his underwear, and he BROKE IN through the back door. There was broken glass.
DePape said he would wait for days for the Speaker.
DePape said he would hold the Speaker hostage and BREAK HER KNEECAPS to show the world what happens when you’re the “leader of the pack of DEMOCRATIC lies”. Absolutely politically motivated.
DePape told the police that Paul was taking Nancy’s punishment.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...48106/download

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-01-2022, 09:39 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can’t even manage ordinary decency anymore. That’s what the GOP has become.

Remember Larry Elder, the radio host who ran for governor of California? He was a normal conservative, or seemed to be. But the mood of the right has infected him. Noting that Paul Pelosi had been arrested for a DUI a few months ago, he tweeted: “Poor Paul Pelosi. First, he’s busted for DUI and then gets attacked in his home. Hammered twice in six months.”

All of this is a garden party compared with the bilge (thank you Charlie Sykes) released into the atmosphere by Donald Trump Jr. Repeating a rumor from the fever swamps (which rumor was later retweeted by the new chief Twit), he displayed a picture of men’s underwear and a hammer, saying “Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.” The vile, baseless claim that Pelosi was in the midst of a homosexual tryst with his attacker thus became the official conservative response to a horrifying attack on an 82 year-old man and attempted attack on the speaker of the House. Doubtless it will be but a few weeks or months before the Pew Research Center releases a survey showing that 70 percent of Republicans believe that the attack on Paul Pelosi was fake or a false flag. Was Antifa responsible?

Just asking questions as your ilk does…

The DoJ is charging DePape with a federal crime, and the conspiracy theories are now TOTALLY DEBUNKED. First, he was LOOKING FOR THE SPEAKER, and Paul Pelosi DID NOT KNOW HIM.
Next, DePape was not in his underwear, and he BROKE IN through the back door. There was broken glass.
DePape said he would wait for days for the Speaker.
DePape said he would hold the Speaker hostage and BREAK HER KNEECAPS to show the world what happens when you’re the “leader of the pack of DEMOCRATIC lies”. Absolutely politically motivated.
DePape told the police that Paul was taking Nancy’s punishment.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...48106/download
"You can’t even manage ordinary decency anymore."

When your definition of "decent" is "let the left exploit this for our political gain, and don't you dare ask any questions", then no, I have no decency left.

For the second time, all I'd have cared about is that Mr Pelosi recovers and the attacker gets justice. But your side couldn't wait to make this a political issue, and that opens up a different can of worms. No ne cares if you don't happen to like it.

"Noting that Paul Pelosi had been arrested for a DUI a few months ago, he tweeted: “Poor Paul Pelosi. First, he’s busted for DUI and then gets attacked in his home. Hammered twice in six months.”

If that bothers you, please explain why you don't care that Pelosi's daughter said that Rand Paul's attacker was "right", and that MSNBC said that the Paul attack was their favorite story.

Tell us why that's not an obvious double standard.

Your outrage at making fun of victims of violence, is quite selective, based on partisan politics. Which means your outrage is fake, so spare me.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:46 PM   #27
wdmso

If that bothers you, please explain why you don't care that Pelosi's daughter said that Rand Paul's attacker was "right"

Jim her tweet was 2 years after the incident not 24hrs after the attack

Stop defending the indefensible

G
Old 11-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Tell us all why it's wrong for Rubio to jump to conclusions about the motives behind the attack on his volunteer, but it's totally fine for everyone on the left to speculate about the motives behind Mr Pelosi's atack.
Information and actual facts. From police and investigators

Or are the police in on it to make the GOP look bad?

It isn’t that hard
Old 11-01-2022, 01:51 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:

Stop defending the indefensible

what is he defending?
Old 11-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #30
wdmso

Some people need to do some reading

Shocking new details blow up conspiracy theories about Paul Pelosi attack

How did the break-in happen?

DePape told officers in a recorded interview last week that he broke through a glass door in the home using a hammer, according to the criminal complaint. He said Paul Pelosi was in bed at the time and “appeared surprised” by him. DePape allegedly told Paul Pelosi to wake up and that he was “looking for Nancy,” to which Paul Pelosi responded that she wasn’t there. Paul Pelosi apparently asked DePape how they could resolve the situation.

http://tribunecontentagency.com/

The unfounded idea that Pelosi knew DePape before the attack has spread widely, with some posts claiming that Pelosi called DePape his friend when speaking to 911 operators.

There is no merit to these claims, officials said.

"Mr. Pelosi did NOT know DePape," Officer Kathryn Winters of the San Francisco Police Department

During the call, Pelosi told dispatchers there was a man in his home and he did not know who the man was, according to the complaint and news reports. Pelosi said that the man — later identified as DePape — told him his name was David and identified himself as "a friend."