Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Information and actual facts. From police and investigators

Or are the police in on it to make the GOP look bad?

It isn’t that hard
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
for the 4th time now, tell us why it’s wrong for Du up to assume political motivations when that hasn’t been established, but totally ok when everyone to the left does it with this case

“information and actual facts” s a tad vague. If the police have concluded Mr Pelosi was attacked purely for political reasons, can you share a link to that? I can’t don’t it anywhere.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #32
scottw

Quote:

Some people need to do some reading

if you read enough you almost learn the difference between there, their and they're by osmosis....weird....
Old 11-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
for the 4th time now, tell us why it’s wrong for Du up to assume political motivations when that hasn’t been established, but totally ok when everyone to the left does it with this case

“information and actual facts” s a tad vague. If the police have concluded Mr Pelosi was attacked purely for political reasons, can you share a link to that? I can’t don’t it anywhere.
It seems political but then maybe Depage wanted to find out where Nancy got her hair done????

Under questioning, Mr DePape allegedly told San Francisco police officers that he wanted to hold Ms Pelosi hostage, interrogate her, and injure her if she "lied".

"DePape articulated [that] he viewed Nancy as the 'leader of the pack' of lies told by the Democratic Party," the FBI's complaint says. "If Nancy were to tell DePape the 'truth,' he would let her go, and if she 'lied,'he was going to break 'her kneecaps'....

"DePape also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other members of Congress there were consequences to actions."

He allegedly added that he wanted to use Ms Pelosi to lure in another person, though the FBI document does not say who.

When Mr DePape realised that Mr Pelosi had called the police, he allegedly decided to stand his ground. "DePape explained that he did not leave after Pelosi’s call because, much like the American founding fathers with the British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender," the FBI said.

The FBI agent concluded: "The facts of the investigation to date reveal that DePape was prepared to detain and injure Speaker Pelosi when he entered the Pelosi residence in the early morning of October 28, 2022. DePape had zip ties, tape, rope, and at least one hammer with him that morning."

Ms Jenkins likewise said: "It appears, based on his statements and comments that were made in that house during his encounter with Mr Pelosi, that this was politically motivated.
Old 11-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m pretty sure the whole thing was staged by the left, just wait Green and other nut jobs will probably claim soon this is just more deep state tactics.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Likely Depape will headline the next CPAC along with the rest of the “victims”.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It seems political but then maybe Depage wanted to find out where Nancy got her hair done????

Under questioning, Mr DePape allegedly told San Francisco police officers that he wanted to hold Ms Pelosi hostage, interrogate her, and injure her if she "lied".

"DePape articulated [that] he viewed Nancy as the 'leader of the pack' of lies told by the Democratic Party," the FBI's complaint says. "If Nancy were to tell DePape the 'truth,' he would let her go, and if she 'lied,'he was going to break 'her kneecaps'....

"DePape also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other members of Congress there were consequences to actions."

He allegedly added that he wanted to use Ms Pelosi to lure in another person, though the FBI document does not say who.

When Mr DePape realised that Mr Pelosi had called the police, he allegedly decided to stand his ground. "DePape explained that he did not leave after Pelosi’s call because, much like the American founding fathers with the British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender," the FBI said.

The FBI agent concluded: "The facts of the investigation to date reveal that DePape was prepared to detain and injure Speaker Pelosi when he entered the Pelosi residence in the early morning of October 28, 2022. DePape had zip ties, tape, rope, and at least one hammer with him that morning."

Ms Jenkins likewise said: "It appears, based on his statements and comments that were made in that house during his encounter with Mr Pelosi, that this was politically motivated.
"It seems political"

I agree 100%, the most likely motive is political. But WDMSO said in Rubio's volunteer's case, unless the police established that, Rubio shouldn't be saying it. I'm asking why it's OK in one case and not the other.

The guy is also an illegal immigrant with BLM flags. Doesn't exactly sound like the president of the local Mega Maga fan club to me.

The guy is a nutjob, the GOP is exactly as responsible for this as Bernie Sanders is responsible for Steve Scalise, and as Chuck Schumer is for the half azzed attempt on Kavanaugh.

The left has a well-established pattern of jumping to politically-convenient conclusions, and running with politically-convenient narratives, over the last few years. Many have been proven to be spectacularly wrong.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

It seems political.... "It appears, based on his statements and comments that were made in that house during his encounter with Mr Pelosi, that this was politically motivated.
I'm pretty sure Nancy is a politician....
Old 11-02-2022, 05:56 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Just a few examples

https://youtu.be/Mw9OQ8s5dZ8
Old 11-02-2022, 07:32 AM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
"It seems political"

But WDMSO said in Rubio's volunteer's case, unless the police established that, Rubio shouldn't be saying it. I'm asking why it's OK in one case and not the other.
Don't know what he said but the difference is that in Rubio's case the guy never said he was attacked for political reasons until after Rubio claimed that even though Rubio had no evidence it was.

The guy in Pelosi's case made political statements immediately to the police.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:34 AM   #40
PaulS

Veteran Republican strategist Doug Heye said that he and other senior figures in the party deserve to be blames for the attack on Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

In an interview on MSNBC Tuesday, Heye said that for years strategists such as himself had cast Pelosi as a villain, and ushered in the extreme rhetoric that had swept the GOP.

He discussed a Washington Post op-ed, in which he described how he pushed the slogan "Fire Nancy Pelosi" in 2010, harnessing personal animosity against her to motivate the successful GOP effort to retake the House.

"I think we have original sin here," Heye said, and went on to address how some Republicans at the time promoted racist "birther" conspiracy theories, questioning the citizenship of President Barack Obama.

"Part of that is our language towards Barack Obama, Michelle Obama for that matter as well, and the questioning of citizenship and religion, and so forth. And then also, obviously, with Donald Trump in what alternately culminated in Jan. 6. I think Republicans should be more mindful of that," he said.

I'm scared of what's going to happen next," he said.

Police say David DePape broke into the Pelosi's home in San Francisco on Friday, and attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer. Prosecutors say they believe the attack was politically motivated, and reports say DePape had posted support for far-right conspiracy theories on a blog.

Some Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, have pushed conspiracy theories about the attack, while others, including his son, Donald Trump Jr, have joked about it.

Heye is the former communications director of the RNC, and served in a senior communications role for Eric Cantor, who succeeded Pelosi as House speaker after the 2010 midterms.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
paul, that then means your side is responsible for the targeting of kavanaugh, shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game, and the countless ambushes of cops since democrats determined they could win elections by falsely portraying them
as racist assassins

I agree 100% that we would all benefit from turning the temperature down. But cut the crap that it’s anywhere near one sided.

Stacey Abrams said in a debate this week that all the sheriffs in GA are “good ole boys” who target blacks. Because they endorsed her opponent.

Chuck Schumer specifically called out Kavanaugh by name, and threatened him. Very shortly after,,a lunatic showed up to assassinate him at home. But that’s not worth mentioning. It’s only problematic when republicans do it?
the targeting of kavanaugh, shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game, and the countless ambushes of cops since democrats determined they could win elections by falsely portraying them
as racist assassins

you live in a fantasy and are in complete denial that your parties Rhetoric is part of their Daily message year after year..

then try to tie together incidents that happened years apart and think you are showing causation

the right has weak hand on the kavanaugh being targeted By Dems

now protesters are threats and of course 911 records show man accused in plot to kill Kavanaugh called police on himself

On wednesday “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,” Schumer said, turning to look at the Supreme Court building.

on thursday “I should not have used the words I used,” he said. “They didn’t come out the way I intended,” he explained, and added “my point was that there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices stripped away at a woman’s right to choose.”

“I shouldn’t have used the words I did, but in no way was I making a threat, I never, never would do such a thing.”
then he issued an apology

shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game

On June 14, 2017, a mass shooting occurred during a practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in Alexandria, Virginia, where six people were shot, including U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol police officer Crystal Griner, congressional aide Zack Barth, and lobbyist Matt Mika, by 66-year-old James Hodgkinson. A ten-minute shootout took place between Hodgkinson and officers from the Capitol and Alexandria Police before officers shot Hodgkinson, who died from his wounds later that day at the George Washington University Hospital.[7][8] Scalise and Mika were taken to nearby hospitals where they underwent surgery.[9]

Hodgkinson was a left-wing political activist[10][11] from Belleville, Illinois, The Virginia Attorney General concluded Hodgkinson's attack was "an act of terrorism... fueled by rage against Republican legislators".[12] Scalise was the first sitting member of Congress to have been shot since Arizona Representative Gabby Giffords was shot in 2011.[13]

In a 2021 report, the FBI classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, and the perpetrator of the shooting as a "domestic violent extremist" with a "personalized violent ideology.

again Jim where the violent rhetoric from the Dems its not here

I am Guessing you forgo

tOn January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords and 18 others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people were killed, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Giffords's staffers; and a 9-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green.[7][8][9][10][11] Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner", in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people.[8][9]

Guess what we find right wing rhetoric
Following the shooting, American and international politicians expressed grief and condemnations. Gun control advocates pushed for increased restrictions on the sale of firearms and ammunition, specifically high-capacity magazines.[18] Some commentators criticized the use of harsh political rhetoric in the United States, with a number blaming the political right wing for the shooting. In particular, Sarah Palin was criticized for a poster by her political action committee that featured stylized crosshairs on an electoral map which included Giffords. Palin rejected claims that she bore any responsibility for the shooting.

Giffords on Palin's Crosshairs Map: "There Are Consequences to That Action" Gabrielle Giffords Warned of the Dangers of Palin's Crosshairs Map
Months before she was shot by a crazed gunman, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords warned of the dangers of Sarah Palin's rhetoric.

And another of Jim and his Right wing media biggest lie

the countless ambushes of cops which I have show via data from actual police sites which clearly show it doesn't exist

and also in Jim myopic view of the world police accountability By anyone is violent rhetoric toward police .. who should never be questioned ..
Old 11-02-2022, 08:53 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
the targeting of kavanaugh, shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game, and the countless ambushes of cops since democrats determined they could win elections by falsely portraying them
as racist assassins

you live in a fantasy and are in complete denial that your parties Rhetoric is part of their Daily message year after year..

then try to tie together incidents that happened years apart and think you are showing causation

the right has weak hand on the kavanaugh being targeted By Dems

now protesters are threats and of course 911 records show man accused in plot to kill Kavanaugh called police on himself

On wednesday “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,” Schumer said, turning to look at the Supreme Court building.

on thursday “I should not have used the words I used,” he said. “They didn’t come out the way I intended,” he explained, and added “my point was that there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices stripped away at a woman’s right to choose.”

“I shouldn’t have used the words I did, but in no way was I making a threat, I never, never would do such a thing.”
then he issued an apology

shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game

On June 14, 2017, a mass shooting occurred during a practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in Alexandria, Virginia, where six people were shot, including U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol police officer Crystal Griner, congressional aide Zack Barth, and lobbyist Matt Mika, by 66-year-old James Hodgkinson. A ten-minute shootout took place between Hodgkinson and officers from the Capitol and Alexandria Police before officers shot Hodgkinson, who died from his wounds later that day at the George Washington University Hospital.[7][8] Scalise and Mika were taken to nearby hospitals where they underwent surgery.[9]

Hodgkinson was a left-wing political activist[10][11] from Belleville, Illinois, The Virginia Attorney General concluded Hodgkinson's attack was "an act of terrorism... fueled by rage against Republican legislators".[12] Scalise was the first sitting member of Congress to have been shot since Arizona Representative Gabby Giffords was shot in 2011.[13]

In a 2021 report, the FBI classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, and the perpetrator of the shooting as a "domestic violent extremist" with a "personalized violent ideology.

again Jim where the violent rhetoric from the Dems its not here

I am Guessing you forgo

tOn January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords and 18 others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people were killed, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Giffords's staffers; and a 9-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green.[7][8][9][10][11] Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner", in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people.[8][9]

Guess what we find right wing rhetoric
Following the shooting, American and international politicians expressed grief and condemnations. Gun control advocates pushed for increased restrictions on the sale of firearms and ammunition, specifically high-capacity magazines.[18] Some commentators criticized the use of harsh political rhetoric in the United States, with a number blaming the political right wing for the shooting. In particular, Sarah Palin was criticized for a poster by her political action committee that featured stylized crosshairs on an electoral map which included Giffords. Palin rejected claims that she bore any responsibility for the shooting.

Giffords on Palin's Crosshairs Map: "There Are Consequences to That Action" Gabrielle Giffords Warned of the Dangers of Palin's Crosshairs Map
Months before she was shot by a crazed gunman, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords warned of the dangers of Sarah Palin's rhetoric.

And another of Jim and his Right wing media biggest lie

the countless ambushes of cops which I have show via data from actual police sites which clearly show it doesn't exist

and also in Jim myopic view of the world police accountability By anyone is violent rhetoric toward police .. who should never be questioned ..
"you live in a fantasy and are in complete denial that your parties Rhetoric is part of their Daily message year after year.."

I agree with that, I'm not in denial. We would do well to done it down. You are the one in denial, you'll deny your side also does it all day long, every single day.

Conservatives are a threat to democracy, we hate blacks, hate women, hate gays, hate latinos, blah blah blah. All day, every day, non stop.

"then try to tie together incidents that happened years apart and think you are showing causation "

Ambushes of cops (random ambushes) are not happening "years apart".

Antifa riots do not happen "years apart" from each other.

So whos in denial? The one who immediately concedes there's dangerous rhetoric on his own side? Or the one who denied there's dangerous rhetoric on his own side?

SO you point to the shooting of Giffords, and connect it to the attack on Pelosi. But those attacks were years apart. So as always, its wrong if I provide examples that are years apart, but totally fine when you do it.

How do you not see, that you are incapable of holding your side to any standards?

You have only one demand of the left - that they win. That's all that matters.

You might want to turn the TV off next week.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

How do you not see, that you are incapable of holding your side to any standards?
I’m going to go with Lead Paint

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
referring to lead paint is always funny.

i have 4 brothers. The 3 oldest had one bedroom, me and the youngest had the other bedroom. the older 3 are liberal to the point of almost being communists. I tell them all the time that my parents used lead paint in their room. i find it hilarious, them not so much.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #45
wdmso

Thad funny as if you hold your side to any standards

Here’s the latest version of Republicans standards

Trump lawyers saw Clarence Thomas as key to stop Biden electoral count, emails show

In an email from Chesebro to Eastman and several others sent on Dec. 31, 2020, Chesebro argued that Thomas would “end up being key” to asking the high court to overturn then-President-elect Joe Biden’s win in contested states, and that they should “frame things so that Thomas could be the one to issue some sort of stay or other circuit justice opinion saying Georgia is in legitimate doubt.”

Your other problem Jim you want people to apply your version of standards. Bitching isn’t holding people to a standard

Not voting for them is ..

And you are on the Record saying you’d vote for Trump again showing who’s house had the lead paint
Old 11-02-2022, 02:32 PM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That funny coming from someone who stands for nothing but bitches about everything ..

You’re more like Trump than you lead on.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #47
wdmso

Here are some standards for ya

White evangelical Protestants are the only major religious group in which a majority of adherents say they view Trump favorably (63%), roughly similar to the share in 2021 (67%),” the survey finds. Likewise, 54 percent believe in the “big lie” of a stolen election, compared with 28 percent of all Americans.

What the chances 99% are Republicans
Old 11-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here are some standards for ya

White evangelical Protestants are the only major religious group in which a majority of adherents say they view Trump favorably (63%), roughly similar to the share in 2021 (67%),” the survey finds. Likewise, 54 percent believe in the “big lie” of a stolen election, compared with 28 percent of all Americans.

What the chances 99% are Republicans
you’re speculating that a group that likes trump, is largely republican.

That’s brilliant. You really should be working at the FBI headquarters.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #49
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
That funny coming from someone who stands for nothing but bitches about everything ..

You’re more like Trump than you lead on.
Actually I stand for plenty, and really don’t bitch about much here.

You’re just wrong…..again…..as usual.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-02-2022, 05:47 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Reading the state court filing in the Pelosi case, Paul Pelosi's courage and presence of mind in dealing with an attacker right in front of him stands in stark contrast to how some cowards in Congress responded to their own supporters attacking the Capitol on January 6
Old 11-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #51
scottw

brandon's insane rambling tonight makes it pretty clear that the democraps are screwed next week
Old 11-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
brandon's insane rambling tonight makes it pretty clear that the democraps are screwed next week
“it’s gonna take a few days to determine the results of the elections. and if you don’t accept the results we communicate, you’re a threat to democracy.”

sounds fair.

Yawol, herr oberst…
Old 11-03-2022, 03:19 AM   #53
scottw

brandon and his presidency are a complete disaster(and about to get worse)....apparently his only supporters are similarly mentally challenged, over-the-hill leftist loons

he sounds like a guys who knows he's about to spend the next two years getting impeached

you don't even have to cherry pick polls at this point..
5 very scary numbers for Democrats in the new CNN poll https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/polit...ons/index.html

....I hope they roll brandon out there every night till the elections....
Old 11-03-2022, 05:01 AM   #54
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

My favorite part was “another “this is about the economy, stupid” election”

Pretty much says it all
Old 11-03-2022, 06:00 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
brandon and his presidency are a complete disaster(and about to get worse)....apparently his only supporters are similarly mentally challenged, over-the-hill leftist loons

he sounds like a guys who knows he's about to spend the next two years getting impeached

you don't even have to cherry pick polls at this point..
5 very scary numbers for Democrats in the new CNN poll https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/polit...ons/index.html

....I hope they roll brandon out there every night till the elections....
But Crist is leading Desantis! or should i say, Death-santis, ha ha ha. Desantis is so concerned, that he’s campaigning for Zeldin in NY!
Old 11-03-2022, 07:00 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

I didn’t see Biden’s speech, but MAGA is pretty pissed about it. Must’ve been good then.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:08 AM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Biden speeches are always a ray of sunshine
Old 11-03-2022, 07:21 AM   #58
wdmso

if you don’t accept the results we communicate, you’re a threat to democracy.”

Wow Jim you speak that as if that’s not what you’re kind of republicans have. Been spewing Since Trump lost..

You are in the you know what
Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 AM   #59
wdmso

Quote:
you’re speculating that a group that likes trump, is largely republican.

That’s brilliant. You really should be working at the FBI headquarters.

Guess you missed the evangelical part

Your denial is breath taking
More gop standards

RNC votes to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger over work with Jan. 6 panel

For putting country before party aka telling the truth

That’s some standards
Old 11-03-2022, 07:38 AM   #60
wdmso

The case with the mid terms is not Republicans may flip the house

The historical pattern is clear, and ominous for Joe Biden and Democrats this year: The president’s party usually does poorly in midterm elections.V

yet Where’s the Red wave the rights been bragging about

Even with all the doom and gloom being spread by Republicans. It clearly tighter and that makes them uncomfortable..

And the usual suspects are trying to spin this midterms it to some water shed moment.. it’s fun to watch