Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2023, 02:42 PM   #181
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and kyle rittenhouse, and NicK Sandman, and Duke lacrosse, and darren wilson…throw tawana brawley in there…but only one side does this.
yep once again jim finds his common theme. hits from yesteryears
Old 01-28-2023, 02:49 PM   #182
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
yep once again jim finds his common theme. hits from yesteryears
oh, so as long as the gop doesn’t do it again this week, you’ll
say they have a clean slate?

how long before the statute of limitations runs out and we can. o longer hold this against the gop?
Old 01-28-2023, 03:00 PM   #183
PaulS

Quote:
and kyle rittenhouse, and NicK Sandman, and Duke lacrosse, and darren wilson…throw tawana brawley in there…but only one side does this.
So every time the police beat up someone it's the conservatives fault, right? How about when evidence is withheld and someone goes to jail? Is that conservatives fault also?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #184
PaulS

The deep state might have faked the video. It might have been the same guys who faked the moon landing and Kennedy's assassination.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:46 AM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So every time the police beat up someone it's the conservatives fault, right? How about when evidence is withheld and someone goes to jail? Is that conservatives fault also?
take a deep breath. nothing happens on one side every time. Wayne is the one who said that falsehoods and conspiracy theories only occur on the right. my list, debunks that.

Try to respond to what i actually said, not to something stupid i never came close to saying.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:34 AM   #186
wdmso

Quote:
take a deep breath. nothing happens on one side every time. Wayne is the one who said that falsehoods and conspiracy theories only occur on the right. my list, debunks that.

Try to respond to what i actually said, not to something stupid i never came close to saying.
none of your examples were conspiracy theories they were stories that were corrected as newer information developed

kyle rittenhouse is a white OJ he got away with Murder became a Conservative Hero

Darren Wilson what conspiracy theories were pushed here He wasn't indicted? A cop may use lethal force when he or she “reasonably believes that the action is in defense of human life, including the officer's own life” people disagrees with a verdict isn't a conspiracy

Nicholas Sandmann what conspiracy just bad reporting that was corrected then he loses lawsuits against media outlets including NYT, ABC, and Rolling Stone.. became darling of conservatives at National convention

Jim please look up what a conspiracy theory and a falseHood are, and are not the 2 are not the same .

IS Marjorie Taylor Greene, who tweeted: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

ISNT

ABC accused Nicholas of behavior constituting menacing racial intimidation of Phillips, a Native American political activist,

Last edited by wdmso; 01-29-2023 at 11:45 AM..
Old 01-29-2023, 11:48 AM   #187
Jim in CT

Quote:
none of your examples were conspiracy theories they were stories that were corrected as newer information developed

kyle rittenhouse is a white OJ he got away with Murder became a Conservative Hero

Darren Wilson what conspiracy theories were pushed here He wasn't indicted? A cop may use lethal force when he or she “reasonably believes that the action is in defense of human life, including the officer's own life” people disagrees with a verdict isn't a conspiracy

Nicholas Sandmann what conspiracy just bad reporting that was corrected then he loses lawsuits against media outlets including NYT, ABC, and Rolling Stone.. became darling of conservatives at National convention

Jim please look up what a conspiracy theory is and isn't .

IS Marjorie Taylor Greene, who tweeted: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

ISNT

ABC accused Nicholas of behavior constituting menacing racial intimidation of Phillips, a Native American political activist,
you crack us up.

with darren wilson, the bs “hands up don’t shoot”, after which he was supposedly shot anyway, was a conspiracy theory pushed by the left.

the trump/russia hoax? the lie that hunters laptop was russian disinformation? not conspiracy theories? the left wasn’t conspiring together to push ANY of those lies?

every case i cited was an example of the entire left getting it wrong, and shockingly always getting it wrong in a way that promotes liberalism. they never, ever make a collective mistake that helps the right. and that’s just a coincidence?

conspiracy theory: hi deeds of thousands of cops are in a plot to kill blacks

fact: more innocent blacks are killed every two weeks by other blacks in chicago, than the number of unarmed blacks that are killed by cops in the entire country in most years.

the left ignores the actual big problem, because talking about it honestly doesn’t help democrats win elections.

whatever you say, Columbo.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:15 PM   #188
wdmso

Quote:
you crack us up.

with darren wilson, the bs “hands up don’t shoot”, after which he was supposedly shot anyway, was a conspiracy theory pushed by the left.

No Jim that was claimed by witness again big difference

the trump/russia hoax? the lie that hunters laptop was russian disinformation? not conspiracy theories? the left wasn’t conspiring together to push ANY of those lies?

keep ignoring all the guilty pleas and convictions again you can't show the fbi telling anyone Hunters lap top was russian disinformation
stop believing GYM the FBI never claimed it was russian information
The document Jim Jordan refers to is an open letter signed by 51 intelligence experts and directors about the Hunter Biden story.

The letter stated that these former intelligence officials, based on their past experience, had serious concerns that the laptop had the potential to be linked to Russian disinformation efforts. ( notice the absence of the word were or Are Russian disinformation) We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not, and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement—just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case," the letter said. Sorry jim your fantasy exposed again

every case i cited was an example of the entire left getting it wrong, and shockingly always getting it wrong in a way that promotes liberalism. they never, ever make a collective mistake that helps the right. and that’s just a coincidence?

Jim again you dont understand the difference between Getting something wrong and a conspiracy theory

conspiracy theory: hi deeds of thousands of cops are in a plot to kill blacks

that's yours and right wing americas conspiracy to get white votes and make the police victims of liberals and you took it hook line and sinker

fact: more innocent blacks are killed every two weeks by other blacks in chicago, than the number of unarmed blacks that are killed by cops in the entire country in most years.

More deflection Conservative media for decades have painted America’s third-largest city as a national hub of gun violence and gang activity, crippled by what they see as political correctness thwarting real solutions.
Again you are showing you lack of understanding between Gang violence in the inner cities . Suggesting it justifies police killings of Blacks or some how makes it not look so bad in comparison .. is Childish and of course intellectually Dishonest

the left ignores the actual big problem, because talking about it honestly doesn’t help democrats win elections.

Still waiting on you to tell us what this Big problem is that no one is talking about honestly

whatever you say, Columbo.

Fatal Police Violence Is Structural Jim run by the Government that requires Government to fix it

How safe is Chicago? The answer depends on where you're standing.

Chicago's homicide rate isn't the highest in the country But you've told that's not True ... you look away that areas in the city are plagued by poverty, drugs and economic underinvestment,

36K illegal guns taken off Chicago streets in recent yearsIt is estimated that 60% of the guns recovered in Chicago were originally purchased out of state, with Indiana, Mississippi and Wisconsin among the top suppliers.

“The flow of illegal guns into Chicago is absolutely a problem,

But if you listen to conservatives we have no gun problem in this Nation
Old 01-29-2023, 04:33 PM   #189
Jim in CT

Quote:
Fatal Police Violence Is Structural Jim run by the Government that requires Government to fix it

How safe is Chicago? The answer depends on where you're standing.

Chicago's homicide rate isn't the highest in the country But you've told that's not True ... you look away that areas in the city are plagued by poverty, drugs and economic underinvestment,

36K illegal guns taken off Chicago streets in recent yearsIt is estimated that 60% of the guns recovered in Chicago were originally purchased out of state, with Indiana, Mississippi and Wisconsin among the top suppliers.

“The flow of illegal guns into Chicago is absolutely a problem,

But if you listen to conservatives we have no gun problem in this Nation
according to the fbi, in 2019, 9 unarmed blacks were killed by police in the us in the whole country. one is too many. But 9 is a rounding error, it’s not anywhere near being close to evidence of a structural flaw.

“illegal guns into chicago.”

spokes like a true liberal. white republicans in the suburbs are dumping guns into chicago, and the guns, not the people, are slaughtering each other.

your brain is really something. every single big problem is caused by non liberals.

a gun is an inanimate object. if we cared about each other, the existence of the gun would not matter. there are too many guns, i admit that. the other thing, which you cannot admit because it doesn’t help democrats, is that our culture is very sick, especially in our cities. talking about that, doesn’t help democrats get elected. so you deny it, just as the right denies the gun issue. but you only care about what the right denies.

you’re the most predictable person on the internet.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:51 PM   #190
Pete F.
Canceled

If guns aren’t the problem and people are the problem, why would you give the problem guns?
Old 01-29-2023, 04:55 PM   #191
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If guns aren’t the problem and people are the problem, why would you give the problem guns?
i said guns are part of the problem. we are the bigger problem. pete, no offense, i wouldn’t go anywhere near you if you had a gun. but let’s say TDF owned 500 guns. He’d never hurt anybody. The guns cannot make him do it. he could have an arsenal in his basement and i’d let my kids in his house and i wouldn’t be worried. Because the nature of the person matters way more than the presence of a gun.

i say give guns to the people for one reason - the constitution. I don’t like the idea of ignoring the parts of the constitution that we don’t happen to like. we can amend it, or else we live with it.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:56 PM   #192
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim

The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

Obviously Republicans cause the problem.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #193
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim

The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

right, right. the state of LA has a very high murder rate. Is the murder rate equally high across the state? hell no. it’s driven by new orleans where the gop controls nothing. a child blows your data out of the water.

why would you say the state government determines the murder rate across the whole state,,and not local government policies?

red states tend to be poor, and socioeconomics ( not race) drives a lot of bad things. i’d never say that republicans are morally superior to democrats, or that as a group they commit less crime. i just say they have better policy ideas. there’s plenty of good and bad people
on both sides.

it’s you and wayne who spend every day making posts about individual
republicans who behave badly. you want to claim that we’re all responsible for the bad apples on the right, but you’d never say you’re responsible for the bad apples on the left. It’s beyond stupid.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:52 PM   #194
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
right, right. the state of LA has a very high murder rate. Is the murder rate equally high across the state? hell no. it’s driven by new orleans where the gop controls nothing. a child blows your data out of the water.

why would you say the state government determines the murder rate across the whole state,,and not local government policies?

red states tend to be poor, and socioeconomics ( not race) drives a lot of bad things. i’d never say that republicans are morally superior to democrats, or that as a group they commit less crime. i just say they have better policy ideas. there’s plenty of good and bad people
on both sides.

it’s you and wayne who spend every day making posts about individual
republicans who behave badly. you want to claim that we’re all responsible for the bad apples on the right, but you’d never say you’re responsible for the bad apples on the left. It’s beyond stupid.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2023, 08:34 PM   #195
wdmso

Jim has no historical memory murders and crime have always been higher in major metropolitan cities regardless if Dem or Republican controlled

Hea Jim ever heard of Jacksonville red state Republican mayor

With a crime rate of 34 per one thousand residents, Jacksonville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 30.

List of mayors of the 50 largest cities in the United States

mayoral political parties is 36 Democrats, 11 Republicans, and 3 Independents

Jim’s just parroting right wingers with the red state crime is liberal city mayors faults . But when crimes low it’s republicans politicians that made that happen lol
Old 01-29-2023, 08:44 PM   #196
wdmso

Quote:
according to the fbi, in 2019, 9 unarmed blacks were killed by police in the us in the whole country. one is too many. But 9 is a rounding error, it’s not anywhere near being close to evidence of a structural flaw.

“illegal guns into chicago.”

spokes like a true liberal. white republicans in the suburbs are dumping guns into chicago, and the guns, not the people, are slaughtering each other.

your brain is really something. every single big problem is caused by non liberals.

a gun is an inanimate object. if we cared about each other, the existence of the gun would not matter. there are too many guns, i admit that. the other thing, which you cannot admit because it doesn’t help democrats, is that our culture is very sick, especially in our cities. talking about that, doesn’t help democrats get elected. so you deny it, just as the right denies the gun issue. but you only care about what the right denies.

you’re the most predictable person on the internet.
white republicans in the suburbs are dumping guns into chicago

Wow your imagination is working overtime

You do know 99% of illegal guns come from legal gun owners.. and most happen to be white

our culture is very sick You are correct

When culture black and white have a love affair with guns via music or

company’s first offering: the JR-15, a play on the popular AR-15 assault rifle designed to look just like its deadly cousin, but 20 percent smaller. “It fits the kids really well,”

That’s the company’s sales pitch

The problem won’t get fixed anytime soon.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:46 PM   #197
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim has no historical memory murders and crime have always been higher in major metropolitan cities regardless if Dem or Republican controlled

Hea Jim ever heard of Jacksonville red state Republican mayor

With a crime rate of 34 per one thousand residents, Jacksonville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 30.

List of mayors of the 50 largest cities in the United States

mayoral political parties is 36 Democrats, 11 Republicans, and 3 Independents

Jim’s just parroting right wingers with the red state crime is liberal city mayors faults . But when crimes low it’s republicans politicians that made that happen lol
pete was the one who distorted that not me. i never claimed
republicans have solved crime. all i claimed is that the high murder rate in LA is heavily driven by new orleans and a t the fault of the gop.

that’s what i said, and i’m right. the polls are crystal
clear on who america thinks have better ideas on crime. doesn’t mean there’s zero crime
in conservative places. you’re responding to something no one ever said. as usual.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #198
Jim in CT

Quote:

The problem won’t get fixed anytime soon.
the gop refuses to budge on guns. the democrats refuse to discuss fixing our cultural problems, our lack or humanity and family values.

Only one of those things bothers you. gee we wonder why.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #199
Pete F.
Canceled

When people are literally dying from mass shootings and police brutality in our country, but our culture just hears the loudest voices in Christianity protesting drag queens and books, we can’t expect people to believe our religion has anything to do with life conquering death.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #200
wdmso

democrats refuse to discuss fixing our cultural cultural problems, our lack or humanity and family values.

There it is again the leave it to beaver Mentality

And some how Jim your telling us. the GOP and the Christian right are holding the High Ground on Humanity and family values…. In the United States

Man you live in a fantasy . And a good soldier in the GOPs Culture war army
Old 01-30-2023, 02:14 PM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:
democrats refuse to discuss fixing our cultural cultural problems, our lack or humanity and family values.

And some how Jim your telling us. the GOP and the Christian right are holding the High Ground on Humanity and family values…. In the United States

Wayne, the gun is an inanimate object. It doesn't do anything on its own, it cannot do anything on its own. I am very sorry if that simple truth upsets you, and equally sorry if it doesn't paint your agenda in a positive light. But that's your problem,. not mine. What I said is true, and it's not an inherently partisan fact. Facts don't care about party.

Your post was long on insults, short on logic and facts.

There's much of the 1950s I'd never want to return to (mostly due to your side engaging in brutal racism and segregation). But in terms of family units, and the way we cared about each other? Light years better than today. Again, don't take my word, look at the data in terms of divorce rates, fatherlessness rates, etc...

The people who make up the GOP are as flawed as the people who make up the democrat side, it seems no matter how many times I say that, it still goes over your head, it's beyond your grasp. The policies each side supports, are not similar. Your side doesn't like the idea of requiring medical care for babies born alive. That speaks for itself, 1 of 210 democrats in the house supported that bill. One. Good luck with that.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:21 PM   #202
Jim in CT

Quote:

Montana and Wyoming lead the nation in gun ownership, but rates of gun murder per 100k residents aren't abnormally high.

If I was wrong and you were right, states with highest gun ownership would have the highest rates of gun murders, wouldn't they? But they don't. Not even close. Look at the data. Just because you'll hate the data, doesn't make it wrong.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:10 PM   #203
spence

Quote:
Montana and Wyoming lead the nation in gun ownership, but rates of gun murder per 100k residents aren't abnormally high.

If I was wrong and you were right, states with highest gun ownership would have the highest rates of gun murders, wouldn't they? But they don't. Not even close. Look at the data. Just because you'll hate the data, doesn't make it wrong.
You do realize that Wyoming and Montana are mostly empty space right?
Old 01-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #204
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You do realize that Wyoming and Montana are mostly empty space right?
I do.

You do realize that murder rates per 100k citizens (as opposed to the absolute number of murders) normalize for differences in population density, right?

Are you saying that something besides gun ownership (eg, population density, and perhaps the socioeconomics of the population) are also factors in expected murders? Not just the presence of a gun?

If so, I agree.

The prevalence of guns obviously plays a role. Our lack of humanity also plays a role. Our complete inability to deal with mental illness plays a role. Lack of dads plays an enormous role if you're talking about typical urban violence, which claims far more lives than mass shootings, but those get way more press coverage because they serve the media's lefty narrative.

Spence, we don't agree on a single thing. You name it, we disagree on it. But if you owned 25 guns, you'd never hurt anybody. The presence of a gun in your home, doesn't change the fact that you're a decent guy. Having a gun, wouldn't turn you into a sociopath. The underlying problem therefore, is us, a darkness that seems to be getting a little worse over time. That's the fire. The prevalence of guns is a fuel thrown on the fire. If it were the gun, Montana and Wyoming would lead the nation in murder rates. There's a reason why they don't. The reason might not serve your political agenda, but it's still the reason. Fewer dark souls.

There are more guns out there today than there are people, I think. And we have a constitution with a second amendment. The guns play a role, but there are other levers we can pull.

The right refuses to budge on guns. The left refuses to discuss our cultural sicknesses. So absolutely nothing gets done, and the bodies pile up. And both sides continue to elect jerks who can't compromise or be honest.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:31 PM   #205
wdmso

Quote:

I can't compete with such a simpleton who can't do any research this literally was top of my search using your words

Mississippi, Wyoming, Louisiana, Alaska, Missouri, and Alabama Have Highest Gun Death Rates in the Nation; Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and New York Have Lowest Gun Death Rates in the Nation

https://vpc.org/states-with-weak-gun...caAnwTEALw_wcB

Also Gun ownership by state Highest Rate

Montana (66.30%) of 500 thousand residents
Lowest Rate
Massachusetts (14.70%) of 7 million

which state has more Guns
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020gundeathtable.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	69514  
Old 01-30-2023, 04:33 PM   #206
wdmso

The right refuses to budge on guns. and refuses to admit Guns are our cultural sicknesses.

fixed it
Old 01-30-2023, 05:21 PM   #207
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Gun Death Rate and Gun Murder Rate are two different things.

https://www.criminalattorneycincinna...ides-by-state/

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-30-2023 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-30-2023, 05:24 PM   #208
Jim in CT

Quote:
I can't compete with such a simpleton who can't do any research this literally was top of my search using your words

Mississippi, Wyoming, Louisiana, Alaska, Missouri, and Alabama Have Highest Gun Death Rates in the Nation; Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and New York Have Lowest Gun Death Rates in the Nation

https://vpc.org/states-with-weak-gun...caAnwTEALw_wcB

Also Gun ownership by state Highest Rate

Montana (66.30%) of 500 thousand residents
Lowest Rate
Massachusetts (14.70%) of 7 million

which state has more Guns
2 sources that show gun murder rates by state, have WY much lower. Not sure where your data comes from, but it says gun deaths, which would include suicide, which are a big % of gun deaths, but aren't applicable when talking about violent crime.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-hi...ders-data-show

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...crime-us-state

Look at rates of divorce by decade, rates of fatherlessness. Any social scientist will say there's a direct correlation to violence with young boys especially. But you know better than everyone. Good for you.

"which state has more Guns "

What matters when comparing states, is ownership rates. Not the absolute number of guns, Einstein. If you took a math class you'd know that. But keep distorting the data to fit your preferred narrative.

I saw on CNN today that some of the 5 Memphis cops were hired after the city lowered its hiring guidelines to promote diversity. I'm sure that makes the victim's parents feel a lot better!

With many professions, diversity should get zero weight, competence gets 100% weight. Not a lot of short white people in the NBA, so as unimportant as that is, a meritocracy is OK. But not with cops, firefighters, doctors, teachers, etc. Makes all kinds of sense. it just makes SO MUCH sense. The town of Hamden CT just put out a proposal to lower the physical requirements to be a firefighter, sop they could hire more women. Awesome. Just so brilliant.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:04 PM   #209
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would you want to include suicide in gun statistics?
Because they increase the number.
Waiting periods decrease suicide by gun numbers.
No, it doesn’t just make other methods go up to achieve the same total.
Ask anyone who lost a family member to suicide with a gun if they think it’s violent.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:51 PM   #210
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why would you want to include suicide in gun statistics?
Because they increase the number.
Waiting periods decrease suicide by gun numbers.
No, it doesn’t just make other methods go up to achieve the same total.
Ask anyone who lost a family member to suicide with a gun if they think it’s violent.
suicide is important to discuss. it’s laughable to lump it in with murder.