Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 02-22-2023, 06:14 PM   #31
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I’m on my second scotch, are joking? :-)

I remember doing let in lead on asphalt roof cement… old school baby!

Line um with metal….
Yes I was joking. I’ll probably use green white pine. Make them very simply. When they rot out down the road, I’ll just make new ones. It’s just a barn after all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 07:21 PM   #32
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Yes I was joking. I’ll probably use green white pine. Make them very simply. When they rot out down the road, I’ll just make new ones. It’s just a barn after all.
Awesome, if you want any help, I know an old guy…
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:00 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well contractor replaced the gasket today and determined one hinge isn’t functioning correctly, so brand new and requires a new gasket and now hinge.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:23 PM   #34
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well contractor replaced the gasket today and determined one hinge isn’t functioning correctly, so brand new and requires a new gasket and now hinge.
not their fault.
All components suffering from tempermental temperature fluctuation outside of engineering. Specs made from substandard recycled metals combined with delays due to extended exposure to uncontrolled temperatures during transport from factory when it was locked in a shipping cargo from China cause no one wanted to work to unload such cargo when it arrived.
So get ready for that bill to pay everyone along the food chain blaming some one else. And COVID is not some one u can blame Or punch in the face for stupidity.
Hopefully the new stuff isn't as bad as the old.
I am fighting dry rotted/ f'd up door gaskets on brand new doors on 2 jobs right now.
That's my explanations why......
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:17 AM   #35
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

I built trough gutters for my house.....had to remove them eventually ... they were just filling with pine needles constantly.....left way too many trees close to the house when I built......kept them on the family room addition since we use that side exit exclusively.
Full discloser......i replaced the rough sawn pine troughs with PVC this time.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:41 PM   #36
clambo

Andersen

On a clients house i was asked to install Provia doors. As I looked at them I saw the sills were flawed. Provia sent new sills , I then installed the new sills and job done. A few months I get a call from Renewal by Andersen, they got my number from Provia. I then agreed to meet with Andersen people to look at a Provia that was having issues. I thought it was weird that they asked if I had signage on my truck and if I could remove it. After telling them no he wanted to meet me there and drive me to the site. After waiting for 45 min I called him and he said oh I forgot to call you to cancel. WTF. I went to the house and looked at the door. If you looked at the door facing the outside the right jamb was plumb, The left side was out 3/4 of an inch! the installer had to drill a new hole for the passive door bolt at the top as it didn't line up. You could see outside! I asked what she paid for the door(DBBL 3'0 with side lights.) $ 9500.00 No scruples no quality They suck! She sued them! I wouldn't let them install a dog house.

Last edited by clambo; 03-07-2023 at 03:50 PM..
clambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:36 PM   #37
clambo

windows

I am a retired contractor and as a rule always used grace ice and water at all windows. Grace around all edges, install window and then grace over flange and it sticks together. Never had a leak. Back in the day windows were wood and we put a spline around opening. For all you youngins out there a spline was a 6 in. strip of felt paper. Then they made window flashing rolls of Grace thank god. Also we used red rosin paper before house wrap. I guess I am a dinosaur that loves to fish!
clambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:36 PM   #38
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambo View Post
I am a retired contractor and as a rule always used grace ice and water at all windows. Grace around all edges, install window and then grace over flange and it sticks together. Never had a leak. Back in the day windows were wood and we put a spline around opening. For all you youngins out there a spline was a 6 in. strip of felt paper. Then they made window flashing rolls of Grace thank god. Also we used red rosin paper before house wrap. I guess I am a dinosaur that loves to fish!
That was before dinosaurs….. ;-) tons of great new products out there that makes life easier on tradesmen for sure…. almost makes me want to go back to work…. Well, not really…. LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:46 PM   #39
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambo View Post
Zip flashing tape. $32 a roll at the depot. Greatest stuff in the world. Fixes everything from windows to rust holes on vechiles to holes in clothes. Sticks to everything and even Survives thru dryer for years.
My equilvelent to grandpapy's duct tape. The do it all solution.
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote