Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-09-2023, 07:26 AM   #121
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’ve said plenty, but, like I said, see my above post. Trump broke a lot of brains here, and unless you’re shrieking to the skies above about him, anything else is treated as white noise.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
go enjoy your borscht. Das Vadanya.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:28 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
sprinkling of assumption and innuendo……..and of course your usual dose of deranged lunacy

That fits your post to a T .

You should change your name to the Vagueness Dad

Biden+Balloon=Russian Sympathizer

Just like Jim you think this song is about you…. Lol
who were we supposed to think it was about? you responded to his post about the balloon, you actually quoted his post, and somehow changed course to russia and ukraine and gop bashing.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:30 AM   #123
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
go enjoy your borscht. Das Vadanya.
Na Zdorovie

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-09-2023, 07:51 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Na Zdorovie
my middle son and his boy scout troop did a camping -
/ ski trip to northern VT last weekend in the frigid cold. they had a really nice cabin with a wood stove so they were fine. great stuff. Zero screen time.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:07 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

In a scene that looks straight out of the Soviet Union, Ron DeSantis sat yesterday at a desk flanked by several guests, where for an hour, he proposed new ways to crack down on media outlets freedom by weakening their legal protections. Behind him, a giant “TRUTH”, (Pravda) sign.
'DeSantis repeatedly decried First Amendment protections granted to US media outlets and brainstormed ways to weaken them.

He described the press as the country’s “leading purveyors of disinformation...'

The GOP has gone full authoritarian.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:15 AM   #126
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
if you ever post about anything other than ukraine, did you know that means you’re rooting for putin?

i
Ukraine is sooooo thankful Trump didn’t win or he would have done everything in his power to slow, stop or vastly reduce any aid in his distain for Ukraine and nato.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #127
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In a scene that looks straight out of the Soviet Union, Ron DeSantis sat yesterday at a desk flanked by several guests, where for an hour, he proposed new ways to crack down on media outlets freedom by weakening their legal protections. Behind him, a giant “TRUTH”, (Pravda) sign.
'DeSantis repeatedly decried First Amendment protections granted to US media outlets and brainstormed ways to weaken them.

He described the press as the country’s “leading purveyors of disinformation...'

The GOP has gone full authoritarian.
It's been 27 months since President Biden won the 2020 election.

But that election continues to haunt officials in the Philadelphia suburb of Delaware County, Pa., who are still dealing with lawsuits alleging election fraud, despite no substantial evidence, and ongoing criticism from some local residents during public meetings.

the GOPQ is a festering infected wound on our nation .. who won't seek or accept treatment ... amputation is starting to be the only solution But the Rons and the Trumps of the world these festering and infected are their base and they want their votes ... so they will continue to pour whatever lies they believe back to them while taking their money
Old 02-09-2023, 08:23 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Ukraine is sooooo thankful Trump didn’t win or he would have done everything in his power to slow, stop or vastly reduce any aid in his distain for Ukraine and nato.
everything is about Trump.

I be can’t help but notice that Putin move while Trump was in power. Maybe that’s just a coincidence, and maybe it’s not.

I kept hearing how much more stable things would be with Biden in there. Are China and Russia being better neighbors now? If so, I’m sorry I don’t see it. One night argue that they’re taking advantage of the overwhelming weakness projected by our frail Alzheimer’s patient we have now. You have to give Biden sincere kudos for low unemployment. But on the global front, i’m not sure he’s striking fear in the heart of our adversaries.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:42 AM   #129
wdmso

Quote:
who were we supposed to think it was about? you responded to his post about the balloon, you actually quoted his post, and somehow changed course to russia and ukraine and gop bashing.
your party is a disease and have been since Trump ..

and when you support that party it's hard to wash the sink off ..

and of course you missed the entire Point that conservatives are upset over a balloon and Biden then they are about the chinese who sent it .

And the Party willing to kowtow to Russian aka Putin's aggression in Ukraine

GOP base warms to giving Russia some of Ukraine’s territory

A Washington Post-ABC News poll, for instance, shows half of Republicans now say we’re doing “too much” for Ukraine. That’s up from 18 percent in April 2022.

More strikingly, an NBC News poll last week showed 63 percent of Republicans opposed “providing more funding and weapons to Ukraine,

A Fox News poll released last week showed Democrats thought Ukraine was winning the war by a 2-to-1 margin, 61 percent to 26 percent. But Republicans were split, with 43 percent saying Russia was winning and 42 percent saying Ukraine was winning. It’s the second poll since the 2022 election that suggests Republicans are more likely than Democrats to view Russia as winning the war.

why Jim? it's not about the Money thats a red herring, or is it once again they refuse to Back a democratic POTUS before the 2024 election afraid giving him a win if Ukraine succeeds ... like i said cowards

But but OMG a chinese Balloon !

Good by Taiwan the Republicans won't help you But they'll Blame Biden for not doing anything
Old 02-09-2023, 08:48 AM   #130
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
my middle son and his boy scout troop did a camping -
/ ski trip to northern VT last weekend in the frigid cold. they had a really nice cabin with a wood stove so they were fine. great stuff. Zero screen time.
Gotta do it in a tent or snow shelter, separates the men from the boys.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:58 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gotta do it in a tent or snow shelter, separates the men from the boys.
they’ve done that in winter. for that particular weekend, real walls and a wood stove weren’t a bad thing.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:06 AM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
your party is a disease and have been since Trump ..
But your brain isn't broke.

Your party's house of representatives had 1 person out of 200+, think that babies born alive are human beings.

Your party sees no downside to men being in a bathroom with little girls, or with male prisoners saying "I am female" and being moved to a women's prison.

Your party says the border is secure.

Your party says the police are what's wrong with American cities.

Your party's senate majority leader called for violence against 2 specific SCOTUS justices because he didn't like the way they decided a case.

These are core tenants of your party. I'm not pointing to one crazy extremist jerk, though yoru side has plenty of those (Ihan Omar, Adam Schiff, Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren...)

I can't stand Trump. But he's the only republican in the country who could have beaten Hilary, he re-shaped the Supreme Court for a generation. And he made you, and many others, crazy.

Unfortunately, at this point Trump is doing more harm than good for the GOP (wasn't always the case, but it is now). After 2024, he'll be in the rear view mirror and you'll need another lightning rod to distract attention away from your side's unpopular policies.

My side is led by a very unpopular person. Your side embraces policies that Americans don't like. Polls show that both of those things are true. One of those things will fix itself in 2 years. One won't.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:24 AM   #133
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I be can’t help but notice that Putin move while Trump was in power. Maybe that’s just a coincidence, and maybe it’s not.

I kept hearing how much more stable things would be with Biden in there. Are China and Russia being better neighbors now? If so, I’m sorry I don’t see it. One night argue that they’re taking advantage of the overwhelming weakness projected by our frail Alzheimer’s patient we have now. You have to give Biden sincere kudos for low unemployment. But on the global front, i’m not sure he’s striking fear in the heart of our adversaries.
You are a funny man, is it your expert opinion that suddenly under Biden relationships with Russia and China have changed for the worse? Short term memory loss Jim is a sign, you better go get checked out. You forgetting Russia and China have been bad actors forever?
Old 02-09-2023, 09:28 AM   #134
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Your party's house of representatives had 1 person out of 200+, think that babies born alive are human beings.

Your party sees no downside to men being in a bathroom with little girls, or with male prisoners saying "I am female" and being moved to a women's prison.

Your party says the border is secure.

Your party's senate majority leader called for violence against 2 specific SCOTUS justices because he didn't like the way they decided a case.

These are core tenants of your party. I'm not pointing to one crazy extremist jerk, though yoru side has plenty of those (Ihan Omar, Adam Schiff, Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren...)

I can't stand Trump. But he's the only republican in the country who could have beaten Hilary, he re-shaped the Supreme Court for a generation. And he made you, and many others, crazy.

Unfortunately, at this point Trump is doing more harm than good for the GOP (wasn't always the case, but it is now). After 2024, he'll be in the rear view mirror and you'll need another lightning rod to distract attention away from your side's unpopular policies.

My side is led by a very unpopular person. Your side embraces policies that Americans don't like. Polls show that both of those things are true. One of those things will fix itself in 2 years. One won't.
No Jim that’s what Fox tells to to believe that’s the belief and stance of ALL democrats, you are so predictable, do you have a big word document saved where you can quickly copy and paste your greatest hits from? If not it would certainly save you some typing.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:46 AM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

If Trump were in office, the West likely would have splintered instead of unifying to isolate Russia, making Putin’s aggression far less costly.

Our ability to control things in this world is and should be dependent on our allies.

A twittering lying blowhard for a leader didn’t work, most Americans saw that.

As it is for a relatively small investment, matched by our allies, Russia has decimated much of their military muscle and their economy.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2023, 10:08 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
No Jim that’s what Fox tells to to believe that’s the belief and stance of ALL democrats, you are so predictable, do you have a big word document saved where you can quickly copy and paste your greatest hits from? If not it would certainly save you some typing.
so 200+ house democrats didn’t vote against a bill that would require care for babies who survive abortion? that was a fake headline?

The biden administration is t saying the border is secure? all the videos of them doing so, are doctored videos that foxnews fabricated?

democrats haven’t thrown cops under the bus since ferguson MO? hands up don’t shoot, defund the police, those aren’t really being repeated by democrats?

democrats aren’t advocating for unisex locker rooms and bathrooms? foxnews is making that up?

Bob, 1% of the country watches fox news in a good day. It’s not accurate that foxnews isnt the only reason why democrats don’t win unanimously.

your brain is simply broke.

Yeah i’m the predictable party parrot, who isn’t voting for trump in 2024 under any circumstances

None of you can admit your side doesn’t walk on water.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:15 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If Trump were in office, the West likely would have splintered instead of unifying to isolate Russia, making Putin’s aggression far less costly.

Our ability to control things in this world is and should be dependent on our allies.

A twittering lying blowhard for a leader didn’t work, most Americans saw that.

As it is for a relatively small investment, matched by our allies, Russia has decimated much of their military muscle and their economy.
trump got more countries to fork over $$ to nato, didn’t he?

no way of knowing if russia would have even invaded if trump had won. Trump didn’t help russia in Syria. you’re wildly speculating, and to the surprise of no one, your speculation is to the left of Karl Marx

if Trumps leadership didnt work, why were things so peaceful and prosperous than? why did a record number of americans respond to Gallup that they were better off.

Trump didn’t lose because his policies failed. He lost because he has taken the concept of personal like ability to cosmic new lows.

People liked his policies. The test of that will be in the next election where he’s not the nominee. might not be until 2028.

If the lefty agenda is what americans want, why isn’t Biden lolling better? People like him personally way more than trump,,but he’s way underwater. Why? Why have republicans long controlled a majority of state legislatures and governorships

Funny how none of you ever, ever respond to that. Because you know you can’t.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:03 AM   #138
PaulS

How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:08 AM   #139
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
they’ve done that in winter. for that particular weekend, real walls and a wood stove weren’t a bad thing.
I know, I was just joking. I certainly wouldn’t sleep outside in -15

Old 02-09-2023, 11:52 AM   #140
wdmso

Quote:

More of your projections

their called Transgender your bathroom crimes are a myth more men rape women in Bathroom than transgender's

Your party says the border is secure. its the same as under trump more GOP lies that it isn't. funny Fox hasn't run a border story since the midterms why is that?

More Liying jim I am shocked policing has and have the same issues did under all previous administration but fan boys like yourself don't want to admit their a problem

Your party's senate majority leader called for violence against 2 specific SCOTUS justices because he didn't like the way they decided a case. Back to your favorites hits again . PS you have a twisted definition of violence

Jim keep thinking your Party is for All Americans their only for those whom will support all their hate a bigotry

its not Hard Just look at the GOP members leading their so Called hearings and their Titles

"We have a government that now I believe is targeting the very people it is supposed to serve," subcommittee chair Rep. Jim Jordan said Tuesday. "We plan on, as a Republican majority, holding them accountable."

funny GYM using Accountable in a sentence

Jim Jordan Refuses to Cooperate With Jan. 6 Panel

: 56 percent of Americans said the panel is "just an attempt to score political points"

the other 44% are MAGATARDS who don't believe in anything unless its not True and still think Trump won LOL

Like I said jim you can spew all your right wing talking points . what's comical there all cultural grievances ...

Democratic policies benefit all Americans
Old 02-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #141
wdmso

Quote:
so 200+ house democrats didn’t vote against a bill that would require care for babies who survive abortion? that was a fake headline?

babies dont survive abortion and doctors dont just let them die if 1 a million survives it's just not a thing except in your echo chamber

The biden administration is t saying the border is secure? all the videos of them doing so, are doctored videos that foxnews fabricated?

Catching migrants and migrants turning themselves in doesn't equal the border is not secure ..
1,951 mile U.S.-Mexico border is the busiest in the world. Each year the our southern border allows in more than 300 million people, approximately 90 million cars, and 4.3 million truck crossings. Since the implementation of NAFTA, the number of commercial vehicles crossing the border has increased by 41 percent.democrats haven’t thrown cops under the bus since ferguson MO? hands up don’t shoot, defund the police, those aren’t really being repeated by democrats?

but fentanyl is coming in via migrants LOL more echo chamber

democrats aren’t advocating for unisex locker rooms and bathrooms? foxnews is making that up? only republicans are afraid of unisex bathrooms it rather Victorian FYI No link between trans-inclusive policies and bathroom safety but again dont let the facts get in yourway

Bob, 1% of the country watches fox news in a good day. It’s not accurate that foxnews isnt the only reason why democrats don’t win unanimously.

but that 99% are all Conservatives
foxnews isn't the only reason why democrats don’t win unanimously. no GOP gerrymandering and the electoral college are the reasons
your brain is simply broke.

Yeah i’m the predictable party parrot, who isn’t voting for trump in 2024 under any circumstances

None of you can admit your side doesn’t walk on water.
None of you can admit your side doesn’t walk on water

of course not Biden was not ordained By God Like Trump just ask republicans

Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Ga.) on Dec. 18 said Jesus was afforded more due process rights under Pontius Pilate than President Trump has been afforded.

in an interview with Fox News, former energy secretary Rick Perry
praised Trump as “God’s chosen one”

Trump has embraced the belief himself, tweeting quotes from conservatives comparing him to the “second coming of God” and even proclaiming “I am the chosen one” and looking toward the heavens

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s (now former) press secretary, telling television preacher Pat Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network: “I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times, and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:24 PM   #142
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.
She knows those who support her are not interested in Facts or the Truth they just want her to own the libs while here state reaming at the bottom of most indexes

Median Income 49th in health care 48 in crime and 41 in education
$26,315

and found this Odd in Fiscal Stability they rank 14th?

but their priority Arkansas House Passes Bill Restricting 'Adult' Performances

you cant make this stuff up
Old 02-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #143
Jim in CT

do only the wealthy can complain about government waste. very inclusive.

no one is asking the feds to stop helping people
paul. It’s waste. And if a republican were to get elected potus, maybe the republican politicians would stop caring about wasteful
spending. That doesn’t mean it’s not a legitimate issue.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #144
detbuch

Quote:
Jim clearly you don’t understand that laws are not written to address every eventuality

No, just the eventualities to which the laws apply.

So you want a judge to rule on what’s written ? It makes no sense

It makes perfect sense to rule on the written law.

All judges. Originalist or not always include their interpretations of the law into their decisions.

To think otherwise is just absurd.

The judges are not constantly "interpreting" the law as if it were some foreign language that needs to be translated into English. They "interpret" how the law applies to the case in hand.
An originalist interprets how the original text applies to the case.
A non-originalist, applies considerations other than the text to the case, and may have to resort to redefining the original meanings of the text in order to justify a decision or "interpretation."

The problem arises when Judges only use their personal beliefs and perceptions as the main ingredient in their decisions.
That's sort of like being a little bit, or sort of, pregnant. The main ingredient in a pregnancy itself is the fetus, or zygote, or baby. Any other ingredient, such as a man can become a woman and so can become pregnant, is a fiction used to create a new being, to transform humanity

The main ingredient in SCOTUS judicial interpretation is the text of the law. Anything else is a fiction which, if accepted, transforms the Constitution into a new being, a new law.

Progressives use "personal beliefs and perceptions" as a fictional means to avoid or subvert the "main ingredient"--the original text--to create new law. To legislate from the bench.

Here's the perfect illustration of Progressive adjudication that changes constitutional law, that transforms the Constitution from a written law into a jumble of fluid words that can merely be a "legal" excuse to do as you wish--Wickard v. Filburn (1942). To briefly summarize, the Roosevelt administration thought that keeping prices up during the Depression would help to shorten it (which turned out to be wrong and actually stupid). So they allotted a quota system for production. Only so much wheat, e.g., was allowed per producer, to be grown. A small farmer, Rosco Filburn, grew more than his allowed share, the vast majority of which was used to feed his own livestock. He was thus fined by the Federal Government for excess growth, so he fought it and lost the case.

He was prosecuted under the Agricultural Adjustment Act which was supposedly made valid by the Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution. To make it brief, essentially, the ICC was previously established by Chief Justice Marshall as being limited, AS WRITTEN IN THE TEXT OF THE CONSTITUTION, to commerce with foreign nations, among (between) the states, and with the Indian tribes. In spite of the fact that commerce as defined at the time meant actual business between buyers and sellers, and in spite of the fact that Filburn did not even sell his "excess" wheat but used it himself, and that it did not cross state borders, the Progressively packed court decided that, "Even if activity be local and though it may not be regarded as commerce, it may still, whatever its nature, be reached by Congress if it exerts a substantial economic effect on interstate commerce."

In other words, even though Filburn did not sell his wheat in interstate commerce, he did consume it on his own farm. Had he not grown the wheat himself, he would have had to buy it. And even though the monetary value of the small amount of wheat in question would not affect the price of wheat, it would, in the aggregate, have a substantial effect if there were many others who grew wheat on their own property, for their own consumption.

So, by this "interpretation" of the original textual words "commerce" and "interstate" in the Constitution, and this "interpretation" of to whom the clause was specifically directed (with foreign nations, among [between] the states, and with the Indian tribes), by these interpretations the Federal Congress was given an expansion of regulatory power that affects nearly every aspect of our lives. That is, nearly everything we do can have a claim to having an affect on commerce. And "commerce" can be anything a judge or Congress says it is. And "interstate" can also mean "intrastate" or just be meaningless so the Clause need no longer be referred to or named the Interstate Commerce Clause, but just referred to as the Commerce Clause.

The once Constitutionaly limited Interstate Commerce Clause has become the primary source of federal power.

And by the host of Progressively interpreted SCOTUS decisions that followed, the power of the states, and of the people, has diminished.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-10-2023 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-09-2023, 02:46 PM   #145
PaulS

Quote:
do only the wealthy can complain about government waste. very inclusive. No idea what tangent you're trying to go off to.

no one is asking the feds to stop helping people
paul. It’s waste. And if a republican were to get elected potus, maybe the republican politicians would stop caring about wasteful
spending. That doesn’t mean it’s not a legitimate issue.
She didn't say anything about waste.

If she had any type of upbringing she would do the decent thing and tell the "bureaucratic tyrants" she is showing such distain for to keep their money and not send it to Ark.

Complaining about the same people you accept money is pretty classless.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:15 PM   #146
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
trump got more countries to fork over $$ to nato, didn’t he?

no way of knowing if russia would have even invaded if trump had won. Trump didn’t help russia in Syria. you’re wildly speculating, and to the surprise of no one, your speculation is to the left of Karl Marx

if Trumps leadership didnt work, why were things so peaceful and prosperous than? why did a record number of americans respond to Gallup that they were better off.

Trump didn’t lose because his policies failed. He lost because he has taken the concept of personal like ability to cosmic new lows.

People liked his policies. The test of that will be in the next election where he’s not the nominee. might not be until 2028.

If the lefty agenda is what americans want, why isn’t Biden lolling better? People like him personally way more than trump,,but he’s way underwater. Why? Why have republicans long controlled a majority of state legislatures and governorships

Funny how none of you ever, ever respond to that. Because you know you can’t.
No wild speculation, Trump sided with Putin every time it counted.
What would you expect of a man who was supported by the Russian mafia in NY and Floriduh for years, two of his three wives came from the Soviet Union and his kids are on tape saying they got all the money they need from Russia.

Throw trillions at the economy at the end of one of the longest economic expansions and things will look great but the bills come due.

Now you trust polls????

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2023, 04:32 PM   #147
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I love his “people liked his policies” mantra it’s a classic hit and I guess if by that you mean the upper crust and big business, then yeah they like them why not it was a big money grab. If the policies were that good, everyone’s doing so much better, then I doubt his caustic personality would be such a deal breaker. Trump continues to be a weight dragging the GOP down. Jim can’t seem to understand why it comes around to Trump all the time, which to me seems like an easy thing to grasp. When you bash Biden and his performance, is it any wonder we bring up the previous administration? Trump cost you the White House, Trump led a coup, he cost you the big red wave and even now he is the only one with a hat in the ring for 24.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:29 PM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
I love his “people liked his policies” mantra it’s a classic hit and I guess if by that you mean the upper crust and big business, then yeah they like them why not it was a big money grab. If the policies were that good, everyone’s doing so much better, then I doubt his caustic personality would be such a deal breaker. Trump continues to be a weight dragging the GOP down. Jim can’t seem to understand why it comes around to Trump all the time, which to me seems like an easy thing to grasp. When you bash Biden and his performance, is it any wonder we bring up the previous administration? Trump cost you the White House, Trump led a coup, he cost you the big red wave and even now he is the only one with a hat in the ring for 24.
thing is, i backed it up. Trump had the all
time record in the Gallup poll, asking if americans are better off after four years of a president.

if you put his outrageous behavior aside, he delivered. unemployment 0.1% higher than it is now, lowest black unemployment ever, tax cuts, eliminating a lot of ( what was apparently) useless regulations, criminal
justice reform ( which your side has wanted for 30 years and obama chose not to do it), low inflation, stock market records, getting public and private sector together to quickly build covid testing and vaccine, increasing funding for black colleges. He did things i hated. but overall, america liked his policies.

insulting me, doesn’t make that wrong. it just makes you look stupid. you hated him to the point your brain cracked. we get it.

this kid why you’re all terrified of desantis. smart policies without the personal baggage ( so far).
Old 02-09-2023, 05:32 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
She didn't say anything about waste.

If she had any type of upbringing she would do the decent thing and tell the "bureaucratic tyrants" she is showing such distain for to keep their money and not send it to Ark.

Complaining about the same people you accept money is pretty classless.
she doesn’t have to specify waste. only a rabid political moron would presume she’s talking about cutting things that actually help people.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:47 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor Dictim
We know Republicans would never cut anything people need and never give to the people who don’t…

“We are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight. Every day, we are told that we must partake in their rituals, salute their flags, and worship their false idols.”

Do you really think this is a path to power on the national level? Because wow.

Of course it’s all the Trumplican Party has. If they ran on their policy positions of tax cuts for the wealthy and restricting women's reproductive rights, they wouldn't have much else to talk about.