Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-16-2019, 07:03 AM   #1
wdmso

Trump Warns of Epic Stock Market Crash If He's Not Re-Elected. But but Biden. politicized cancer. Really Jim your. Lost in you bias.. you clearly own no mirrors
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump Warns of Epic Stock Market Crash If He's Not Re-Elected. But but Biden. politicized cancer. Really Jim your. Lost in you bias.. you clearly own no mirrors
i asked a question, you didn’t answer. how come?

i agree with trump that ifnthe dems
control the oval
office and congress, there will
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. But it’s also true that under his leadership, the economy is booming. there’s no evidence that joe biden is any kind of important piece to curing cancer. i’ve said many times that Trump is a scumbag.

Now how about you answer the very simple question i asked?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. But it’s also true that under his leadership, the economy is booming. there’s no evidence that joe biden is any kind of important piece to curing cancer. i’ve said many times that Trump is a scumbag.

He dodged my question also. No answers, just blame.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
When your beliefs render you unable to answer such a simple question, it's time for some new beliefs.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
love it a question from the person who feels people in lower income brackets are clingers and have things they shouldn't due to their status

What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

to bad your question has nothing to do with anything I wrote or suggested it was about corporate America Tactics
Old 06-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Quote:
love it a question from the person who feels people in lower income brackets are clingers and have things they shouldn't due to their status

What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

to bad your question has nothing to do with anything I wrote or suggested it was about corporate America Tactics
Again with the struggle known as reading comprehension . I never said they should not have these things. Where do you come up with this? Try being honest with yourself.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:

control the oval
be a dip. he should

you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question... I clearly gave you your answer but as usual when the answer doesn't support your view you claim it wasn't answered

My quote " biden statement was positive hopeful but maybe unrealistic ..." .... you twisted his statement it into some else (were) is the key word you skip

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. what a lame minimization of what he said

to bad you can't apply the same standards and vigour to what people with R next to their names say as you do if there is a D near their name
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question... I clearly gave you your answer but as usual when the answer doesn't support your view you claim it wasn't answered

My quote " biden statement was positive hopeful but maybe unrealistic ..." .... you twisted his statement it into some else (were) is the key word you skip

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. what a lame minimization of what he said

to bad you can't apply the same standards and vigour to what people with R next to their names say as you do if there is a D near their name
"you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question"

Here's what I posted...

WDMSO, Biden very specifically politicized curing cancer, and he clearly did so for his own benefit. Is that true or false?

You see that thing, the "?" at the end of my post? That's a question mark. Means I asked a question...
Old 06-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
"you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question"

Here's what I posted...

WDMSO, Biden very specifically politicized curing cancer, and he clearly did so for his own benefit. Is that true or false?

You see that thing, the "?" at the end of my post? That's a question mark. Means I asked a question...
Jim did you get a new Dog whistle for fathers day... True or false questions are for you to support your view on things

2016, Biden headed the "Cancer Moonshot" program during the Obama administration in a renewed effort to find a cure for cancer. He also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative after leaving office.

yep so in your mind he's politized cancer but Facts and actions he's been trying to assist in finding a cure for a long time
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
The right dosen't understand how corporate America is in the game to limit choice

After a bewildering search of the shelf where eyecare products were located, reading the directions and use listed on all the different brands and varieties within brands of eye drops, and comparing prices, I wondered if those that I wound up buying were the best at the best price. I've had the same experience with a lot of, maybe most of, the things I buy. I have found that choice and variety of stuff has gotten larger over the years.

funnel business in their direction via merger and hostile take over.

Every now and then you read about a "hostile" takeover, but the market for stuff to buy still seems to grow. I do notice that larger corporations handle government regulations more easily than smaller businesses do. Seems like a cozy relationship big corps. have with big government. They seem to grow together, almost like a very solid polygamy of central government expanding its girth as it's fed by its many fat corporate wives.

Look at ATM cards hailed as great they were all free but like airlines once they saw they could charge for a seat or a bag or a hotel could charge for parking they all charge for the honor of using their product ....

Hey, gotta pay for the growing staff of workers who manage the credit dept. 24/7.

but some dinosaurs see iPhones and internet as luxury items that poor people have no business owning completely ignoring the world around them .. connectivity is a nessicity in today's world ..

Yeah, I really feel bad now that you've pointed out how poor people are not connected with the rest of the world. I didn't realize that they were so isolated. Maybe because I'm a dinosaur who doesn't have an iPhone and feel satisfyingly connected to those who I want to be connected with.

40hr work week once paid the Bill's not anymore the federal min wage hasn't risen in 10 years .

Yeah . . . I can remember, years ago, when some wives, after the kids were raised, started getting part time jobs in order to buy a few more things than their neighbors, and to keep busy after child rearing duties were gone . . . yeah, somehow after that, more and more started to do that, not because they had to, but to be financially better off . . . and how, somehow, the more the expendable income a household had, the more stuff there appeared on the market, and the more the stuff became obsolete at a quicker pace . . . funny how markets expand when consumer buying power does . . . and how what was once a luxury becomes a "necessity" . . . and how even the poor folks are deprived when they don't have the new "necessities." But there seems to still be a lot of dinosaurs where only the dad works and the family somehow is happy even when dreadfully deprived of all the good new things that have to be updated every year or two.

But I can see how it is necessary to keep raising the minimum wage so that the poor folks can keep buying iPhones . . . so they can stay connected to the world. Seems, the way things are going, and how everyone is deprived if they only work 40 hours and such--seems like the minimum wage should be raised every year. Maybe every six months. Can't you imagine how if we constantly raised it, like every month maybe, we could all eventually get to be a one percenter? Hah! Then we wouldn't need the politicians to give us stuff anymore. I don't think they'd like that. Nah . . . I think they'd need us to keep needing them. Maybe that's why they don't want to raise the minimum wage too much.

But I do notice that McDonalds is using more machines. They even have kiosk computers to right away place an order so you don't have to wait in line. And they don't need as many order takers. Wow, it would be fantastic to watch robots receive the messages and do all the preparations and shoot the orders to the paying counter.

No telling what the price of hamburgers might become, or the price of everything else . . . it's that strange thing about how when expendable income raises, so do prices.

Even in this economy why do you think that is.. corporate Americas deep pocket and politics
Yeah . . . we're really suffering. It's a wonder millions and millions keep wanting to come here. Maybe they haven't heard about our corporations.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-17-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 03:41 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Hmmmm, I assume this is acceptable.
President Trump has promised to cure cancer, eradicate AIDS, and ensure that American astronauts land on Mars if he wins a second term. “We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases—including cancer and others and we’re getting closer all the time,” Trump said to a cheering crowd at his rally in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday night. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close. We will lay the foundation for landing American astronauts on the surface of Mars.”
Old 06-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
President Trump has promised to cure cancer, eradicate AIDS, and ensure that American astronauts land on Mars if he wins a second term. “We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases—including cancer and others and we’re getting closer all the time,” Trump said to a cheering crowd at his rally in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday night. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close. We will lay the foundation for landing American astronauts on the surface of Mars.”
that's awesome
Old 06-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Damn him for giving hope to terminal cancer patients, AIDS patience AND kids who want to go to Mars.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
You're misunderstanding. It is different bc Trump built miles of new wa...ah Trump made other nations respect....ah Trump brought back clean coa… ah Trump wiped out the defi….ah Trump tells it like it....ah..

Nevermind.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:50 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lives
Old 06-19-2019, 04:56 AM   #16
scottw

I wonder if Pete can keep this up for another 4+ years
Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #17
Rmarsh

Quote:
Yes he is. I voted for him and will vote for him again.
Immigration is my #1 issue....I work in a trade that imo has been ruined...overrun with illegals, working for lower wages, doing substandard work, no insurances, rude and disrespectful....got to watch your tools or they will help themselves.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #19
scottw

^^^ that's gonna leave a mark
Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Pete, when i claimed
biden said some outlandish and offensive things, you called me “bizarre” for suggesting biden said those things. so i posted videos of biden saying exactly what i claimed he said. Did you miss those videos? i didn’t see you comment on them.

again, it would be nice to have a set of rules
applied consistently to presidents of both parties. both sides engage in this hypocrisy, but Trump hatred has taken that hypocrisy to new heights.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

again, it would be nice to have a set of rules
applied consistently to presidents of both parties. both sides engage in this hypocrisy, but Trump has taken that hypocrisy to new heights.
Fixed it for you

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
wdmso

Jim. Just saw a clip of Trump at a campaign rally Monday Stating were going to fix cancer ... spin that.

At the president's official re-election kickoff event on Tuesday, Don Jr. mocked Joe Biden over his cancer moonshot. And the crowd went wild. !!!! And a mere few hours later President Trump said 'we' will come up with a cure for many diseases, including cancer.

What reality does his supporters live in ??
I
Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim. Just saw a clip of Trump at a campaign rally Monday Stating were going to fix cancer ... spin that.

At the president's official re-election kickoff event on Tuesday, Don Jr. mocked Joe Biden over his cancer moonshot. And the crowd went wild. !!!! And a mere few hours later President Trump said 'we' will come up with a cure for many diseases, including cancer.

What reality does his supporters live in ??
I
here’s my spin, i saw it too. i don’t like when biden makes promises he can’t keep, i dont like it when Trump does it. I hold them both to the same standard. Anything hypocritical about that?

However, from what i saw, Trump didn’t say that curing cancer was
contingent to his getting elected. he didn’t say we’d cure cancer, only if he was elected.

i liked the cancer moonshot initiative. setting lofty goals
and sharing hope, is good. telling people that they will live only if you get elected, is bad.

Here’s the reality I live in. Trump signed the “right to try” act, which gives sick people who haven’t been helped
by established treatments, the right to try experimental treatment not yet approved by the FDA. no one before trump bothered to sign what is such an obvious thing. He signed it, and it’s irrefutable fact that people are alive today because of it. Obama or bush could easily have signed that, they chose not to.

trump absolutely deserves credit for that. is he a jerk? hell yes. did he do something no one else bothered to do, to save lives? hell, yes.

what do you think?
Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
here’s my spin, i saw it too. i don’t like when biden makes promises he can’t keep, i dont like it when Trump does it. I hold them both to the same standard. Anything hypocritical about that?

However, from what i saw, Trump didn’t say that curing cancer was
contingent to his getting elected. he didn’t say we’d cure cancer, only if he was elected. Really? As usual, you try and use semantics to excuse Trump and demonize others to justify Trump's behavior. Typical Obergruppensplainer behavior.

i liked the cancer moonshot initiative. setting lofty goals
and sharing hope, is good. telling people that they will live only if you get elected, is bad.

Here’s the reality I live in. Trump signed the “right to try” act, which gives sick people who haven’t been helped
by established treatments, the right to try experimental treatment not yet approved by the FDA. no one before trump bothered to sign what is such an obvious thing. He signed it, and it’s irrefutable fact that people are alive today because of it. Obama or bush could easily have signed that, they chose not to.

trump absolutely deserves credit for that. is he a jerk? hell yes. did he do something no one else bothered to do, to save lives? hell, yes.

what do you think?

Ask your physician about Right to Try and get his opinion.

Talk about giving false hope.

Or do a little research outside of the far right media, follow the money. I bet you'll end up at CTCA.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ask your physician about Right to Try and get his opinion.

Talk about giving false hope.

Or do a little research outside of the far right media, follow the money. I bet you'll end up at CTCA.
“we’ll come up with a cure for cancer and we’re getting closer all
the time”. what trump said. not how i would have liked him to say it.

“if i’m elected...i promise we’ll cure cancer”. what biden said. there are semantic differences, you’re right!

they’re both disgusting people.

gotta get back to puttin y’all back in chains! which you denied he said, then never ever commented on it after i showed the video, because unlike me, you are physically incapable of criticizing politicians whose policies you like.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #26
Sea Dangles

Quote:
“we’ll come up with a cure for cancer and we’re getting closer all
the time”. what trump said. not how i would have liked him to say it.

“if i’m elected...i promise we’ll cure cancer”. what biden said. there are semantic differences, you’re right!

they’re both disgusting people.

gotta get back to puttin y’all back in chains! which you denied he said, then never ever commented on it after i showed the video, because unlike me, you are physically incapable of criticizing politicians whose policies you like.
PeteF is confused by truth and facts.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:

trumplican always defending trump and his base!!!#$#@!!!

trump didn't sound as dumb as biden and that has them perplexed...also, trump fills stadiums biden can't draw flies

Posted from my OBAMAPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by scottw; 06-20-2019 at 08:26 AM..
Old 06-20-2019, 08:34 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
trumplican always defending trump and his base!!!#$#@!!!

trump didn't sound as dumb as biden and that has them perplexed...also, trump fills stadiums biden can't draw flies

trump packs stadiums, biden can’t fill the atrium of an apartment complex. i still don’t see how trump could beat biden, but (1) i said thee thing about hilary and i was as foolishly wrong as everyone else, and (2) i can’t see biden getting the nomination. they’re too wrapped
up in identity politics. if the superdelegates were still around in their old form, that would help biden. the democrats are too busy looking for a transgender, orphaned, native american candidate who is in a wheelchair, someone who checks off all the “victim” boxes. they should
create one in a lab at CNN.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:

i still don’t see how trump could beat biden,

you said the same thing about hillary

Old 06-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Not as confused as the stable genius
"I’ve heard and studied the Laffer Curve for many years in the Wharton School of Finance," @realDonaldTrump (@Wharton '68) said today at the White House as he honored Art Laffer, who famously drew the curve on a napkin... in 1974