Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of

A buddy sent me this...I thought you would enjoy it.

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally ...you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the only school curriculum allowed to explain how we got here is evolution, but the government stops a $15 million construction project to keep a rare spider from evolving to extinction ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book, but not to vote who runs the government ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is "cute," but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested “homes”... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing and free cell phones ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the government's plan for getting people back to work is to incentivize NOT working with 99 weeks of unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can’t find work ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government ... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Sadly true.

" Choose Life "
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
Raven

you'll have to increase governmental salaries to much higher
levels to attract non idiots to office rather than only the private sector.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would add to that list .....

If you live in a country where Cannabis is falsely scheduled as a Narcotic
so you can drive the price of it up to twenty times it's actual value creating
a Black market demand of untold proportions just so you can build the largest
number of prison's to Jail the 100's of thousands of people jumping on the GOLD Rush

then... spend a trillion dollars trying to stop the flood of it into our country
You might live in a country founded by pot smoking geniuses
but run by corrupt idiots.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
FishermanTim

If you live in a state/country where the political leaders spout age-old rhetoric like "do as I say and not as I do" yet they say and do nothing at all..... You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you live in a country where the legal system protects the guilty and prosecutes the victims, where you are guilty until you can prove your innocence, where the lawyers care only about their salary and not justice (unless it will advance their political career)..THEN you definitely live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If its a "government of the people, by the people, for the people"....who are the idiots?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
If its a "government of the people, by the people, for the people"....who are the idiots?
How many years has American Idol been on the air?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Longer than Honey Boo Boo...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Clearly we are the idiots because collectively we keep voting this idiots back.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
FishermanTim

You know we are the "idiots" when you have a political discussion and topics like "American Idol" AND "Honey Boo-Boo" come up.

It's a shame that Anna Nicole Smith isn't still around to add to the mix.
I think she really set the bar for tv idiocy.

As for me, Ididn't vote for the powers that be, but I guess MY vote wouldn't have mattered anyway.......OH, wait, I remember now....I was in the hospital with a blood infection and severe renal failure that week! (true)

I still wouldn't have voted for the people that "won".

I am a legend in my own mind!