Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
House to vote on impeachment

The Committee on Rules will meet on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:

H. Res. ___ — Directing certain committees to continue their ongoing investigations as part of the existing House of Representatives inquiry into whether sufficient grounds exist for the House of Representatives to exercise its Constitutional power to impeach Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America, and for other purposes. [Original Jurisdiction Markup]
Created: Oct 28, 2019

So since the House is going to vote on the impeachment inquiry and start public hearings, the two things Trumplicans have been asking for, I assume they’ll stop carping about the unfairness and secrecy of this whole thing.

Or will they now claim it's a public spectacle and an attempt to smear the President.

Or will they start calling for interviews to be done behind closed doors?


"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,814
I understand it's not a vote to authorize impeachment it is a vote on a resolution asserting their right to conduct an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,

seeing Republicans have made up new standards when it comes to impeachment
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,061
😮
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I understand it's not a vote to authorize impeachment it is a vote on a resolution asserting their right to conduct an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,

seeing Republicans have made up new standards when it comes to impeachment
obama asked a russian official to postpone missile talks to help him get re-elected. and he didn’t get impeached.

senate democrats sent a letter to ukraine asking them
to investigate Manafort and Trump, their political rivals, and they didn’t get impeached

all kinds of evidence that Biden engaged in a quid pro quo with ukraine, which, in addition to possibly achieving legitimate policy goals, also possibly benefitted his druggie son tremendously. Biden didn’t get impeached.

So who has different standards for what’s impeachable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #5
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
obama asked a russian official to postpone missile talks to help him get re-elected. and he didn’t get impeached.

senate democrats sent a letter to ukraine asking them
to investigate Manafort and Trump, their political rivals, and they didn’t get impeached

all kinds of evidence that Biden engaged in a quid pro quo with ukraine, which, in addition to possibly achieving legitimate policy goals, also possibly benefitted his druggie son tremendously. Biden didn’t get impeached.

So who has different standards for what’s impeachable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
None of them are POTUS not sure how you cant see the difference..

And you dont need a vote to have an impeachment hearing . Unless your a republican now its a thing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
None of them are POTUS not sure how you cant see the difference..

And you dont need a vote to have an impeachment hearing . Unless your a republican now its a thing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Obama wasn't potus? Wow I need to re-read my history...

And if what Trump did was wrong, by what logic is it OK for a VP or a senator to do it.

You are desperately trying to convince yourself of something you know isn't true, that was a laughable argument.

Trump will get impeached in the house, nothing will happen in the Senate. Meanwhile the IG and Durham investigations will also come out, and it will get even uglier if that's possible.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
obama asked a russian official to postpone missile talks to help him get re-elected. and he didn’t get impeached.

senate democrats sent a letter to ukraine asking them
to investigate Manafort and Trump, their political rivals, and they didn’t get impeached

all kinds of evidence that Biden engaged in a quid pro quo with ukraine, which, in addition to possibly achieving legitimate policy goals, also possibly benefitted his druggie son tremendously. Biden didn’t get impeached.

So who has different standards for what’s impeachable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If this is the mindset of an informed voter I'm afraid we're doomed as a Country.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obama wasn't potus? Wow I need to re-read my history....
Maybe he was running around sky-screaming "NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #9
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,061
Love seeing the butt hurt flakes spiraling out of control.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If this is the mindset of an informed voter I'm afraid we're doomed as a Country.
vague insults from a little
twerp who can never criticize his own side or compliment the other side. bleating of the sheep spence, that’s 90% of what you do. what did i stay exactly, that was wrong?

from a guy who literally couldn’t bring himself
to showup here for weeks after the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Love seeing the butt hurt flakes spiraling out of control.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
going to get a lot worse. a lot worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
vague insults from a little
twerp who can never criticize his own side or compliment the other side. bleating of the sheep spence, that’s 90% of what you do. what did i stay exactly, that was wrong?
You have pretty much all of it wrong. You are fact intolerant.

Quit with the stupid insults. I think you're better than that and you'll never be as big of a prick as your mentor SD.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:07 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You have pretty much all of it wrong. You are fact intolerant.

Quit with the stupid insults. I think you're better than that and you'll never be as big of a prick as your mentor SD.
you called me misinformed, then have the sack to ask
me to drop the insults.

i have it all wrong? i’ll go slowly...

(1)did obama, or did he not, ask
a russian official to postpone missile talks until after his reelection, because in obama’s words, he’s have more flexibility to work with the Russians, after his last election, therefore after he was answerable?

(2) did three democrats in the us senate ask ukraine to
investigate their political opponents, or did they not?

(3) did biden, or did he not, brag about withholding ukrainian aid if they didn’t fire a prosecutor, at a time when his son had a lucrative job for which his qualifications were questionable, at a ukrainian company known to be corrupt?

all of that is wrong? no truth there?

have you thought about where you’ll hide in 2020 if it doesn’t go your way?

i’m not even a little bit of a
prick. but i’ll call your crap when
you lob it at me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #14
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
So, let’s break this down:

1. Trumplicans oppose the whistleblower because it wasn’t a first-hand account. NOW they oppose a first-hand account.

2. Trumplicans demanded a vote on impeachment inquiry. NOW they oppose the vote on the impeachment inquiry.

They’re desperate.

Just to put a cherry on top here, Graham was among the 1st to spearhead the idea that the whistleblower couldn’t be trusted cuz the account was hearsay. Now that someone on the call has come forward he says this is no different than Dems asking Ukraine to cooperate with Mueller.

Just flailing aren’t they, like jumpers without chutes.

The big question: “Is the Memorandum of Telecomm a complete and accurate record of the conversation?”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:38 AM   #15
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,061
Oh no. 🙈
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:48 AM   #16
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
vague insults from a little
twerp who can never criticize his own side or compliment the other side. bleating of the sheep spence, that’s 90% of what you do. what did i stay exactly, that was wrong?

from a guy who literally couldn’t bring himself
to showup here for weeks after the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #17
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
How many more Never Trumpers will be allowed to testify about a perfectly appropriate phone call when all anyone has to do is READ THE TRANSCRIPT! I knew people were listening in on the call (why would I say something inappropriate?), which was fine with me, but why so many?
8:47 AM · Oct 29, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Good idea, here's some quotes

:
Zelensky: we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the US for defense purposes.
DJT: I would like you to do us a favor though...
DJT: Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man...I would like him to call you...

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #18
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,061
Jiminy crickets
🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #19
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jiminy crickets
🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
🍑🤡
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #20
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you called me misinformed, then have the sack to ask
me to drop the insults.

i have it all wrong? i’ll go slowly...

(1)did obama, or did he not, ask
a russian official to postpone missile talks until after his reelection, because in obama’s words, he’s have more flexibility to work with the Russians, after his last election, therefore after he was answerable?

(2) did three democrats in the us senate ask ukraine to
investigate their political opponents, or did they not?

(3) did biden, or did he not, brag about withholding ukrainian aid if they didn’t fire a prosecutor, at a time when his son had a lucrative job for which his qualifications were questionable, at a ukrainian company known to be corrupt?

all of that is wrong? no truth there?

have you thought about where you’ll hide in 2020 if it doesn’t go your way?

i’m not even a little bit of a
prick. but i’ll call your crap when
you lob it at me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim they are all irrelevant to the topic and what Trump did .. with hold aid . Unless a foreign goverment gave him dirt on a political opponent..

None of your examples are remotely the same no matter how you insist their the same ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #21
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,814
House GOP Leader Says Ukraine Expert 'Is Wrong' About Trump Call

Shocking ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim they are all irrelevant to the topic and what Trump did .. with hold aid . Unless a foreign goverment gave him dirt on a political opponent..

None of your examples are remotely the same no matter how you insist their the same ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it’s very easy to say “‘those aren’t the same.”. please
explain the specific differences. i assume there’s a reason you didn’t do that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #23
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
Gordon Sondland Desperately Tries to Unscrew Himself By Telling the Truth

EU Amb. Gordon Sondland now tells Congress that there was a quid pro quo involved with Ukraine after previously denying it, Wall Street Journal reports.

The prospect of perjury charges seemed to concentrate his mind wonderfully.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #24
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
A growing number of Republicans are privately warning of increasing fears of a total wipeout in 2020: House, Senate, and White House.

But not Donnie, or is he just putting on a brave front?

Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party. Our Polls show that it is going to be just the opposite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #25
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A growing number of Republicans are privately warning of increasing fears of a total wipeout in 2020: House, Senate, and White House.

But not Donnie, or is he just putting on a brave front?

Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party. Our Polls show that it is going to be just the opposite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!
which republicans are worried
about a wipeout? funny how you automatically assume their opinions are valid.

One of the libs here started a thread recently, where Moody’s analytics firm, with a good record of predicting presidential races, says a trump reelection is likely. how do you know that nervous republicans are more credible?

i think it’s you, not trump, who is putting on a brave face, desperately trying to convince yourself of something you don’t actually believe.

if the economy holds and if he inks a good deal with china, and if the democrat candidate isn’t named Joe Biden, he’ll probably get re-elected.

when you exist in a bubble, and you get all facts from sources that agree with you, and you never listen with an open mind to anything that anyone else has to say, it’s very easy to believe that everyone is exactly like you, and that the election will go your way.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-29-2019 at 12:30 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #26
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you called me misinformed, then have the sack to ask
me to drop the insults.

i have it all wrong? i’ll go slowly...

(1)did obama, or did he not, ask
a russian official to postpone missile talks until after his reelection, because in obama’s words, he’s have more flexibility to work with the Russians, after his last election, therefore after he was answerable?

What's the illegal action? Starting negotiations after an election is not illegal.
Obama was quoted the following day saying he wasn’t trying to “hide the ball,” and would carry through with negotiations with Russia. In May 2016, after nearly a decade of planning (and over the continued objections of Russia), the NATO missile defense system in Europe was finally launched.


(2) did three democrats in the us senate ask ukraine to
investigate their political opponents, or did they not?

The three senators sent this public letter https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/m...estigation.pdf asking the Ukrainian Prosecutor General to answer some questions regarding interference and cooperation with the ongoing Mueller investigation.

(3) did biden, or did he not, brag about withholding ukrainian aid if they didn’t fire a prosecutor, at a time when his son had a lucrative job for which his qualifications were questionable, at a ukrainian company known to be corrupt?

He absolutely bragged about it as he should have. But you missed the facts to push another fairy tale.
Ukraine has long struggled to combat corruption, and anti-graft efforts scaled up in the wake of the 2014 Ukrainian revolution that toppled then-President Viktor Yanukovych.
Paul Manafort spent from 2004 to 2014 as a consultant to Ukraine's Party of Regions and its standardbearer, Viktor Yanukovych.
In 2014, then-Vice President Biden’s son Hunter joined the board of Burisma Holdings, a large private Ukrainian gas firm. Also in 2014, the firm’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky (the former Ukrainian ecology minister and a political ally of Yanukovych), came under investigation for corrupt business dealings. In 2015, Viktor Shokin was appointed to the role of prosecutor general and thus assumed control over the investigation into Zlochevsky and his businesses.

Following cries from observers about Shokin’s own ineptitude and corruption and pressure from Vice President Biden, among others, Shokin was fired in 2016. Shokin’s firing drew praise from Western observers, including from the European Union’s envoy to Ukraine, who noted that the firing of Shokin “creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office” and expressed “hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office ... becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust.”

Notably, Ukraine’s then-Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko stated in May 2019 that he was aware of no evidence of criminal wrongdoing by Hunter Biden. The New York Times reports that “no evidence has surfaced to support” President Trump’s allegations that the former vice president sought to dismiss Shokin in order to help his son.


all of that is wrong? no truth there?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
All good false narratives have connections to the truth, but the dots don't connect.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
All good false narratives have connections to the truth, but the dots don't connect.
"What's the illegal action?

I didn't say there was an illegal action. I said it's an example of Obama asking a foreign power for a favor which would help him get reelected (obviously,Obama didn't want the voters to know his intentions regarding Russian missiles until after his election was behind him). Does that sound familiar, sound like any part of why Trump is being impeached? If it's OK for Obama to ask for a favor which would benefit him politically, why can't Trump do it?

"Obama was quoted the following day saying he wasn’t trying to “hide the ball,”"

And if you're going to believe what Obama says in a prepared statement after he got caught on a hot mic and take his word for it, we can take Trump at his word.

"The three senators sent this public letter https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/m...estigation.pdf asking the Ukrainian Prosecutor General to answer some questions regarding interference and cooperation with the ongoing Mueller investigation. "

In other words, they asked a foreign power to assist/investigate in getting dirt on a political rival. Does that sound familiar, sound like any part of why Trump is being impeached? If it's OK for senate democrats to ask a foreign power to assist in the investigation of a political rival, why isn't it OK for Trump to do it?

As to Biden, your response completely ignored the evidence that Biden's family, namely his son, personally benefitted from Biden's actions as VP. You dodged that issue completely. But if Biden can use the leverage of a quid pro quo to benefit his son, why can't Trump do the same to benefit himself? I'm not saying the prosecutor didn't deserve to be fired, I'm saying someone else should have pressured them to do it, someone whose son didn't have a lot at risk.

None of this will matter. He's probably getting impeached in the house, obviously not convicted in they Senate, and the voters can decide if the impeachment was legit or a sham based on previous similar actions that were OK at the time, and which you defend today.

Then the IG and Durham reports will come out, which you have already made up your mind are a sham, and which most conservatives have already made up their minds is legit.

I go where facts and common sense take me. In this case, I can make a very compelling case that Trump is being held to a different standard than Obama, senate democrats, and Biden. I don't believe that because I want it to be true (that's what you and Spence do), I believe it because the facts suggest it's true. If Trump in fact committed an impeachable offense, I'd be happy to see him impeached, I like Pence a lot better. Nicer guy, more truly conservative.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #28
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"What's the illegal action?

I didn't say there was an illegal action. I said it's an example of Obama asking a foreign power for a favor which would help him get reelected (obviously,Obama didn't want the voters to know his intentions regarding Russian missiles until after his election was behind him). Does that sound familiar, sound like any part of why Trump is being impeached? If it's OK for Obama to ask for a favor which would benefit him politically, why can't Trump do it?
Because it is a violation of his oath of office, to ask a foreign government for assistance in his election.

"Obama was quoted the following day saying he wasn’t trying to “hide the ball,”"

And if you're going to believe what Obama says in a prepared statement after he got caught on a hot mic and take his word for it, we can take Trump at his word.

"The three senators sent this public letter https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/m...estigation.pdf asking the Ukrainian Prosecutor General to answer some questions regarding interference and cooperation with the ongoing Mueller investigation. "

In other words, they asked a foreign power to assist/investigate in getting dirt on a political rival. Does that sound familiar, sound like any part of why Trump is being impeached? If it's OK for senate democrats to ask a foreign power to assist in the investigation of a political rival, why isn't it OK for Trump to do it?

I guess it would have been ok if instead of sending an official letter as members of Congress, they had asked Rudy to do it for them with the assistance of a couple hirelings of Russian Oligarchs

As to Biden, your response completely ignored the evidence that Biden's family, namely his son, personally benefitted from Biden's actions as VP. You dodged that issue completely. But if Biden can use the leverage of a quid pro quo to benefit his son, why can't Trump do the same to benefit himself? I'm not saying the prosecutor didn't deserve to be fired, I'm saying someone else should have pressured them to do it, someone whose son didn't have a lot at risk.

What evidence is there that Hunter Biden's hiring was in exchange for anything? As far as pressure goes, lot's of other organizations wanted the corruption in Ukraine stopped, Biden was chosen to be the spokesman for the USA.

None of this will matter. He's probably getting impeached in the house, obviously not convicted in they Senate, and the voters can decide if the impeachment was legit or a sham based on previous similar actions that were OK at the time, and which you defend today.

Then the IG and Durham reports will come out, which you have already made up your mind are a sham, and which most conservatives have already made up their minds is legit.

I go where facts and common sense take me. In this case, I can make a very compelling case that Trump is being held to a different standard than Obama, senate democrats, and Biden. I don't believe that because I want it to be true (that's what you and Spence do), I believe it because the facts suggest it's true. If Trump in fact committed an impeachable offense, I'd be happy to see him impeached, I like Pence a lot better. Nicer guy, more truly conservative.
Kelley told Trump that if he hired a yes-man, he would be impeached.
There are plenty of people in this administration that know the truth and it is starting to open up.
Sondland is next, he will recant his testimony and I expect, admit that Trump told him to say there is no quid pro quo.
This is not the Trump Organization, it's the US government and it is hard to hide the underhanded BS like Trump did for years in his business. There's a reason he was party to thousands of lawsuits, in fact if you google "party to thousands of lawsuits" guess who is number one.
Things in Trumpland will crash fast, until weeks before his resignation Republicans stood firmly behind Nixon.

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Kelley told Trump that if he hired a yes-man, he would be impeached.
There are plenty of people in this administration that know the truth and it is starting to open up.
Sondland is next, he will recant his testimony and I expect, admit that Trump told him to say there is no quid pro quo.
This is not the Trump Organization, it's the US government and it is hard to hide the underhanded BS like Trump did for years in his business. There's a reason he was party to thousands of lawsuits, in fact if you google "party to thousands of lawsuits" guess who is number one.
Things in Trumpland will crash fast, until weeks before his resignation Republicans stood firmly behind Nixon.
"Because it is a violation of his oath of office, to ask a foreign government for assistance in his election"

You mean it's a violationwhen Trump did it, not when Obama did it.

"I guess it would have been ok if instead of sending an official letter as members of Congress, they had asked Rudy to do it for them with the assistance of a couple hirelings of Russian Oligarchs "

Huh? Now you're saying what Trump did was wrong, because he didn't use official letterhead to make the request? Sure, that makes sense...You're talking absolute gibberish now.

"What evidence is there that Hunter Biden's hiring was in exchange for anything?"

So there's nothing to see, that Hunter got a very lucrative job on the board of a ukranian energy company. And he got that job not because his father was the Executive branch's point person in Ukraine, but because he was the most qualified for that job., based on getting kicked out of the Navy for drug use. And all the stories that the prosecutor was getting ready to look at this energy company are unfounded. They must be unfounded, because if it was legitimate, it would hurt the Bidens.

"Kelley told Trump that if he hired a yes-man, he would be impeached."

I love General Kelly.

"Things in Trumpland will crash fast"

You say so.

And let me take a wild guess. You predict that the IG report and Durhams report on the possible wrongdoings in the origins of the Russian probe, will be a nothingburger. The fact that Durham is a very accomplished prosecutor, and had this changed to a criminal probe, means nothing, that's just Trump being vindictive, it's not humanly possible that the Obama DOJ was acting as hired security for the Clinton campaign. You already know it's impossible, even though nothing in the investigations has been released. Do I have that right?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #30
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,061
PeteF will be getting his dinner soon enough🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com