Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #61
PaulS

If you look on Icelandic Air there are some amazing deals right now flights including hotels.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:03 PM   #62
Clammer

I have a friend that went there …….bus tours …...ride down the rode ..pull over ..take photos ………..ride a couple of miles ……..do the same thing ………..……...and again ……..a lot of photos of the same thing

what for supper [lamb] what,s for supper tonight ////[lamb[

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:05 AM   #63
Guppy
User

Checked out flight cost to San Diego 2_3 weeks ago for the end of this month,,, was less than $300,,,, now it’s over five.... WTF

Couldn’t pull the trigger not knowing covid shot schedule...
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:10 PM   #64
fishgolf

Wife and I flying to Az next week. Got 2 round trip 1st class tickets for less then the price of one from the last time we went a couple years ago. Good deal. Can't wait to go next week! Got them in early Feb.
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:39 AM   #65
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Rentals are tough these days. Had to go to AZ a month ago and a Ford Fiesta was $115 per day, the Mustang was $130, so went for the latter.

Taxes were insane.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:59 PM   #66
fishgolf

I saw that. We were going to rent a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, but it was $1650. We got a Tahoe for $800 instead. Not bad for 10 days (relatively speaking).
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:23 PM   #67
Gobi

Got J&J last week. I think hammer hands touched bone with the dang needle, but other than a sore shoulder, I'm happy to report no problems! If this is what it takes to get rid of the GD masks, I'm all in.
Gobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #68
beamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
Got J&J last week. I think hammer hands touched bone with the dang needle, but other than a sore shoulder, I'm happy to report no problems! If this is what it takes to get rid of the GD masks, I'm all in.
I don’t think the masks are going away for a long long time. Even after all are vaccinated.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #69
Nebe

Quote:
I had to take a nap every afternoon for 3 days after I got the j&J shot. It wiped me out.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #70
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I had to take a nap every afternoon for 3 days after I got the j&J shot. It wiped me out.
Sure it wasn’t the IPA’s?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #71
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Sure it wasn’t the IPA’s?
Nope. It was the 5G chip in the vaccine
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #72
JohnR

Quote:

The jab was almost painless. The feeling lousy for 3 days wasn't.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #73
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Second Pfizer yesterday. Sore arm, but not as sore as first, and no headache, yet.... Taking Dani for her first today.

So I am fully vaccinated and at least a month earlier than I had expected to be, back in January when they first began. Here's to having more of the "herd immunity" in place by the time schools and colleges are ready to resume in late summer. Getting kids back into schools is the only way we are going to see the economy back in full gear.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:05 PM   #74
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Thankful we got the pfizer no issues on the first, second coming up the 23rd.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #75
Gobi

I guess everyone reacts differently and it appears that I was lucky. Looks like my body didn't mind the 5G chip.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #76
Gobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
I don’t think the masks are going away for a long long time. Even after all are vaccinated.
Jeez, I hope you're wrong. I really want to get to a place where we're not wearing masks at work.

Wonder what would happen if work said that vaccinated employees didn't have to wear masks? What would other employees think? I figure the State (RI) would have a problem with it...

Anyone not having to wear a mask at work if you work inside with other people?
Old 04-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #77
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Jeez, I hope you're wrong. I really want to get to a place where we're not wearing masks at work.

Wonder what would happen if work said that vaccinated employees didn't have to wear masks? What would other employees think? I figure the State (RI) would have a problem with it...

Anyone not having to wear a mask at work if you work inside with other people?
I've gone the longest period of time in my adult life without catching a cold. It's almost like, the steps you take to avoid covid are effective against other viruses, too.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #78
Gobi

Haha. Yep, I agree, however might that be that almost everyone that's sick stays home and therefore doesn't infect others? Masks are porous and don't stop viruses, right? Not that I'm a virologist or slept at a Holiday Inn last night... just an opinion.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:52 PM   #79
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Wife got JJ last week and felt horrible for 36 Hours. My 20 year old Daughter got both Moderna’s and felt horrible for 2 days but had already had Covid so that may be reason. I’m getting 2nd Pfizer next Sunday.
I have worked a normal 40 hour week the whole time with 23 guys and no one has worn a mask. I did have to quarantine when my daughter home from college got covid but other than that I am surprised we have been very lucky at work.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #80
Gobi

Good luck w/ the 2nd dose, Professor!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #81
Rockfish9

I got the 1st dose of Phizer Friday, never even felt the shot, hardest part was the sitting in "jail" waiting to leave, spent the rest of my day roto tilling the garden and doing lawn work.. had Chinese and mai Tai's for dinner...Saturday up at 5 and slammed home the rest of the yard work, even found the time to get some brewing supplies from Jaspers home brew and Met my Daughter in law and her husband at the Rusty can in Byfield after her Phizer shot on Saturday had a lamb pastrami sandwich and River walk IPA.. highly recommend both...
Felt awesome Sunday and brewed a batch of decadence Stout.
Round 2 may 1st.
I must complement the system, for something that the state and government has had their sticky little fingers in, the system is a well oiled machine, I preregistered, got a text, replied to the link, picked my day and time frame, ( this did take 3 tries. which I will writhe off as the shear volume when the slots opend up) once it went through the rest was chills play, showed u at the double tree IN Danvers 5 minutes before my appointment, showed my appointment confirmation and ID, at that moment one of the many tables raised a card, it was my turn, that fast, I sat down, answered a few questions while she rubbed the alcohol she then said all set.. I never felt a thing...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #82
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I've gone the longest period of time in my adult life without catching a cold. It's almost like, the steps you take to avoid covid are effective against other viruses, too.
also , I think in general, people have tightened up their hygiene habits, washing hands more and not touching their face..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #83
PaulS

I read that the influenza strain(s) and the strains that cause the common cold start in the Southern Hemisphere and then come here. S. Hemisphere had a lot fewer cases last year than normal. Drs. predicated that we would have less influenza this past winter bc of that.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:23 AM   #84
JohnR

Hey - I know the news going around the pause on the J&J Vaccine (this is the one I got on St Paddys) and this is giving pause to people.

Keep in mind 6 people out of 7 million suffered this, with one sever and one fatal. If those 7 million did not get the vaccine thousands probably would have died or become severely compromised by the actual COVID disease.

If you are offered it, take it.

In the meantime this is just going to drive overall hesitancy to people taking the vaccine.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #85
Moses

Me - Received both Moderna shots - 1st no problems, 2nd wiped me out for 24hrs starting ~15hrs after shot (groggy, chills, aches).

Dad (89 yrs old) - received both Moderna shots, no problems.

Wife - single shot J&J 4 weeks ago and no problems.

Son #2 - 1 Pfizer, no problems, second one schedule for next week.

===========

Concerning masks, I truly hate wearing them. But since I travel US, Canada and UK/Ireland for business, I think I'll wear them on planes for the foreseeable future, mandate or not.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #86
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Hey - I know the news going around the pause on the J&J Vaccine (this is the one I got on St Paddys) and this is giving pause to people.

Keep in mind 6 people out of 7 million suffered this, with one sever and one fatal. If those 7 million did not get the vaccine thousands probably would have died or become severely compromised by the actual COVID disease.

If you are offered it, take it.

In the meantime this is just going to drive overall hesitancy to people taking the vaccine.
It seems that all 6 were women under the age of 50. Blood clots are also a known side effect of birth control pills, and many women are also prescribed them to help regulate their periods. I'm wondering whether the 6 were also taking contraceptive pills?

Interesting to note also that most of the clotting cases with the AstraZeneca were also in women under 50, although far from exclusively.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #87
wdmso

Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday sore arm as expected today just feeling Groggy like i had to much to drink the night before
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:02 AM   #88
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
It seems that all 6 were women under the age of 50. Blood clots are also a known side effect of birth control pills, and many women are also prescribed them to help regulate their periods. I'm wondering whether the 6 were also taking contraceptive pills?

Interesting to note also that most of the clotting cases with the AstraZeneca were also in women under 50, although far from exclusively.

This is what I have heard as well.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #89
beamie

I feel like I went fishing and got skunked

Had an appt at the Hynes last week that I had to cancel because my vaccinated wife popped pos. Turned out to be false but o had to cancel under the cdc protocol

Got a Walgreens appt for yesterday. They cancelled because of the pause

Got a new Walgreens appt for Friday. They have already canceled this.

Still on the Hynes appt list but no openings yet.

Can’t win. Errrrrrrrr
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:32 AM   #90
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Keep checking the CVS site. Especially 11pm-midnight. So I have been told a week ago....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote