Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
rphud
GrandBob

How 'bout them Bees

A pleasure to watch lately, especially Charlie McAvoy from what I have seen. And unfortunately Bergeron looks to be nearing the end of his career. Not sure he up to the long grind, but it is a shortened season. Have to see what he has left in the tank at playoff time.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
Hookedagain

It is nice to watch as they keep adding to the win column. Some are nail biters but some how pull it off in the 3rd. (or O.T.). I usually get tickets from a friend but this virus is killing that. Let hope it continues.
Hookedagain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I have been seeing quite a bit of Chara and Krug playing in their new teams' games. While Chara has had a larger impact on his new team, I think the Bruins miss Krug's playmaking more... They are also leaning on Marchand, Tuukka, and Pasta too much too often, too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have been seeing quite a bit of Chara and Krug playing in their new teams' games. While Chara has had a larger impact on his new team, I think the Bruins miss Krug's playmaking more... They are also leaning on Marchand, Tuukka, and Pasta too much too often, too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs.
Yeah, very true but better than trying to watch the Celtics. Pathetic is the only appropriate word.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #5
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
better than trying to watch the Celtics. Pathetic is the only appropriate word.
Pathetic?????? You're being way too kind Paul.... I wanted to throw up during last night's game, total blow-out... the final score doesn't do justice to the beating they got. High School vs. Pro's.... I hope that wasn't retaliation to Wyc, Danny & Brad asking them to step the hell up!!! From one extreme to the next.

Quote:
... too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs...
That seems to happen way too often with the Bruins.... Unfortunately, it's not basketball, you're not going to score multiple goals in the last 2 minutes......albeit they did that a few games ago, pushing it into OT, which was exciting...but those are far and few.

What do the Sox have in store for us??? Time will tell...

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #6
Hookedagain

It was tough to watch until the end for sure. Absolutely no back checking at all, soft in the offensive zone as well. They couldn't hold the puck in the zone for more than a few seconds and quality shots were nonexistent. Is it baseball season yet?
Hookedagain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #7
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
It was tough to watch until the end for sure. Absolutely no back checking at all, soft in the offensive zone as well. They couldn't hold the puck in the zone for more than a few seconds and quality shots were nonexistent. Is it baseball season yet?
If you're talking about last night's game.... wtf???
Was that 4 goals in like 4 minutes? Seems like the Islanders have their number this season... I felt bad for Halak last night, a few of those were on the Defense...allowing guys in/near the crease for too long, rebounds, etc... hurtful to watch it was.

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:42 PM   #8
redlite

Good win tonite
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote