Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
Guppy
User

Traffic

The week of the fourth is always a tough traffic week for us but this year it’s completely off the wall,,,,, never ever remember it being this bad...

It’s total grid lock and the last thing I’d do is try and launch das boat.

Getting stuff done around the house though... and the beer consumption has increased....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:26 AM   #2
Rmarsh

My wife asked if we could take the boat out on the 4th......tried to explain to her that it would be a complete clusterfluck especially at the boat ramp. So we stayed home and had a great day to BBQ and relax.
Yesterday the ramp wasn't to busy but the fog kept us from going very far offshore. Obviously weekdays are better and I have saved up lots of vacation time.....for when the funny fish move into BBay.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
Jimbo

Guess I owe my brothers a slight apology for the excuses they give me. For the past week I've been trying to get them to drive from the bridge in West Dennis over to our dad's in S. Yarmouth to check on things maybe get something done over there. I guess when they said the traffic was backed up from the bridge back past the Harwich line and all the side roads were backed up, too, they were telling the truth. Could be worse, could be in Central NJ in unbearable heat, bad air and high pollen, house sitting (my wife's) boxer pup who takes every opportunity he finds to destroy a nice couch and several rugs.

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish. ~Herbert Hoover
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
Guppy
User

It aint pretty
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote