Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 10-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Bottle and can redeemable deposits

So “they” haven’t allowed any redemption centers to take back bottles and cans yet they still force us to pay the 5 cents. Meanwhile the cans stack up or get tossed. WTF are we supposed to do with all these? Once they reopen, if they ever do, they will be swamped by hoarders. It doesn’t make sense because they apparently have no answer. Anyone else tired of piling up nickels?

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
spence

I just put them in the recycling bin. Not worth the effort IMHO.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I guess I am out of touch
They reopened back in June
120 limit
Not sure about now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
redlite

Hahaha
I just called around yesterday to find somewhere to return them as well. I have prob $300 in empties (u do the math on how many cans and bottles that is) under my deck that I am dreading dealing with. I got a couple of fishin buddies around town and the shop that crush beer more than fish and save the empties for my kids. They get all the return money. Gonna pay for their colleges one empty can at a time
Let me know if u find anywhere that will allow more than 120 cans at a time
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #5
Jimbo

Gave up finding a redemption place that was working/accepting. Now I go to the Yarmouth dump and put the garbage bag full in the bin that the money goes to the food pantry and Y-D band.

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish. ~Herbert Hoover
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #6
Rockfish9

we dont drink soda or any thing in a deposit bottle , so we are lucky there., I'm brewing my own beer so I am my own redemption center... you are right though Bruce, it's going to be a XXXX show when/if they ever allow returns to happen.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't drink soda either, but the wife and kids do and somehow we get the in-laws cans too.

Jimbo, that is GREAT!

I just asked the kids and they said some places like big liquor stores are open, I think it is best to count them yourself first and I'm not sure they take bottles.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Gave up finding a redemption place that was working/accepting. Now I go to the Yarmouth dump and put the garbage bag full in the bin that the money goes to the food pantry and Y-D band.

We do very few cans,,,
We were DY band parents for many years, great group..
I still have a son in the band even at my age... he’s the music teacher... LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #9
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I don't drink soda either, but the wife and kids do and somehow we get the in-laws cans too.

Jimbo, that is GREAT!

I just asked the kids and they said some places like big liquor stores are open, I think it is best to count them yourself first and I'm not sure they take bottles.
It was my thought fro. The beginning that the whole bottle bill was meant to extract more money from consumers..I was wrong, but it sure looks like a scam in progress now..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:30 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

It used to be that every group supporting kids went on bottle drives and collected bottles
Of course then things cost half as much
I haven’t seen a bottle drive in years
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:06 PM   #11
fishbones

I don’t have many but we collect cans at work and my boss takes them and puts the money towards rescuing dogs. Prior to working there I used to just throw them in my recycling bin.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote