Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It sad that the "right" has lost so "much" of its "morals" that people now make "excuses" for people's lies.
think of it as a football game...the left team has succeeded in getting away with favorable calls throughout the first half...chop blocks, mugging receivers, late hits on the quarterback all seemingly go unnoticed by the officials...so in the second half right team decides to play the style of play that the left team has established with the help of those who are supposed to be officiating, in fact, some of those officiating are tired of the less than admirable tactics from the left team and realize that they are incorrigible so they resist the urge to reach for their flags ....the coaches and players on the left team sideline scream with incredulity with each infraction not understanding why penalties are not being called.. though before halftime they were filled with glee each time they benefited from a non-call .....it's not that the right team has lost morals or is simply making excuses...it's that they've likely resolved to playing by the established rules in order to stand a chance at the end....the cognitive dissonance that you and many on the left are experiencing is not due to the fact that the right is not outraged(there is outrage if you choose to look but tempered probably thanks to years of being ignored and impugned...desensitized perhaps....or call it more "tolerant" you could say maybe ambivalence).... you are frustrated that you can't hold the two sides to different standards in order to maintain an advantage....this can be quite maddening apparently

"just win baby"

Last edited by scottw; 12-08-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
think of it as a football game...the left team has succeeded in getting away with favorable calls throughout the first half...chop blocks, mugging receivers, late hits on the quarterback all seemingly go unnoticed by the officials...so in the second half right team decides to play the style of play that the left team has established with the help of those who are supposed to be officiating, in fact, some of those officiating are tired of the less than admirable tactics from the left team and realize that they are incorrigible so they resist the urge to reach for their flags ....the coaches and players on the left team sideline scream with incredulity with each infraction not understanding why penalties are not being called.. though before halftime they were filled with glee each time they benefited from a non-call .....it's not that the right team has lost morals or is simply making excuses...it's that they've likely resolved to playing by the established rules in order to stand a chance at the end....the cognitive dissonance that you and many on the left are experiencing is not due to the fact that the right is not outraged(there is outrage if you choose to look but tempered probably thanks to years of being ignored and impugned...desensitized perhaps....or call it more "tolerant" you could say maybe ambivalence).... you are frustrated that you can't hold the two sides to different standards in order to maintain an advantage....this can be quite maddening apparently

"just win baby"
Good post. We nominated goody-two-shoes in 08 and 12, it didn't work. The media said John McCain fathered his adopted daughter in an affair, and they said Romney was a heartless tycoon. So there is no benefit to nominating a man of integrity, except for the better treatment you get on Foxnews.

Sometimes you need someone who will elbow back. Enter Mr Trump.

It's also worth noting that Trump's ethical lapses (there are many) are not applicable to everyone else in the party. All things considered, I find the air quite tolerable on our side.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

It's also worth noting that Trump's ethical lapses (there are many) are not applicable to everyone else in the party. All things considered, I find the air quite tolerable on our side.
Of course his ethical lapses are not applicable to anyone else. Most people recognize that. However you find something you don't like about a Democrat and you apply that to everybody. By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president. Glad you like the air up there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:

By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president.

gets stranger by the post
Old 12-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
gets stranger by the post
Put your critical thinking cap on.

And tell us again how his lies are not a big deal.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Put your critical thinking cap on.

And tell us again how his lies are not a big deal.
which one exactly?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
which one exactly?
Any of them. Do only some lies concern you?
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Of course his ethical lapses are not applicable to anyone else. Most people recognize that. However you find something you don't like about a Democrat and you apply that to everybody. By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president. Glad you like the air up there.
Yesterday you accused the entire "right" of losing so "much" of its "morals" because some have defended Trump (which, I guess, you think is immoral). Yet you think, I guess, that it is wrong to apply to all Democrats something that is not nice about one Democrat.

And now you're implying, I guess, that there is some not nice thing about Trump which is connected to, or inspires a love for, the Confederacy. And that, a mirror image of applying to everybody what is about one person, you now apply to one person (Trump) something pertaining to a whole segment of people.

Aside from your hypocrisy, would you be speaking code, or blowing a dog whistle, implying, or actually saying, that Trump is a racist? Or that he actually does not love America nor does not want to make it great, but actually hankers to the greatness of the Confederate States? Or something like that?

That's the kind of fake news that the Democrats constantly propagate. And have been doing for many years. That's why their outrage over trump seems fake to me. Is he different now than all the years before he ran for President? How come there wasn't this constant barrage of "news" about what a racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful person he was all those years? How come he was actually a celebrity? Befriended by the "left" even more than by the "right"?

That's why it's about politics--his audacity to run against the left and their anointed next-in-line. That's why the Democrat rage over certain fake news is fake rage to me. They've disseminated so much fake news over the decades that it seems to flow effortlessly out of their every orifice.

Scottw's football analogy explains a lot of what passes over you. Probably, Democrat fake tactics have been so pervasive and unchecked by the very media which approved and fed into it with its own fakery that it has been accepted as a norm, was normalized to the point where it wasn't noticed as anything peculiar. Certainly, it was never alluded to as fake news. Even though much of it was.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-08-2016 at 06:25 PM..