Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Send a message via AIM to Homerun04
Quote:
From what I hear he's a lot like Clammer
Now THAT is something we can agree upon......

"You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give"
Homerun04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

My Dad always told me, never discuss religion and politics,,,,,now here they are in the same thread!

RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
stormfish

*Big Claps*

Wow, this is thread is becoming really interesting and fun to read. What a great way to pass through work... So the arguements are here are as, the Jews were possessed by Satan therefore sending Jesus back home. So if we're not to blame the Jews then blame Satan because it is for he who possessed them to sin.

Let me try to apply this to politics...

Let's say terrorists in general are possessed by the Satan so when they terrorize, then they aren't to blame because it is for Satan who possessed them. The same can be applied to psychotic murderers I guess...

eyh, what a Load of b#ll!

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfish
Let me try to apply this to politics...

Let's say terrorists in general are possessed by the Satan so when they terrorize, then they aren't to blame because it is for Satan who possessed them. The same can be applied to psychotic murderers I guess...
No, there's a big difference...

The root cause of Jesus' death is part of an allegory meant to provide a moral lesson. Note: I don't take a literal interpretation of the Bible.

And our legal system is heavily influenced by elements of Biblical inspired morality that's detached from the dogma of the Bible.

This isn't to argue moral relativisim, but I can't compare spiritual teaching with reality in a literal sense.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #5
stormfish

I know spence... I was being outta the element as usual. So, bottomline the Romans are responsible for the killing of Jesus because they carried it out according to Jimmy. But the Jews helped the Romans make the decision because they fear Jesus' power, so they must be made accountable right? I'll give a better example...

Hypothetically, a wife conspiracize with her boyfriend to wack her husband because she fear the consequence of the revelation of her affair. She is to blame to right? If so, then the same can be said for the Jews... (According to the Bible)

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfish
Hypothetically, a wife conspiracize with her boyfriend to wack her husband because she fear the consequence of the revelation of her affair. She is to blame to right? If so, then the same can be said for the Jews... (According to the Bible)
It depends on your "moral reference frame" to be honest.

Under Roman law I'd wager they had the legal and moral authority to kill just about anyone if the powers that be saw fit.

In the end, they made the decision that killing Jesus was better than the potential social unrest he potentially would deliver if alive. This was their decision.

Certianly Jewish teaching would have forbid murder I'd think, but they seem to have found a loophole in the system.

You could draw a loose parallel to capitol punishment today. As a group we've decided that some are a such a threat to society they must be put to death...yet is there guilt among the jury?

I'd think the answer depends on the person.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote