Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Get RICH by quiting:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-are...ts-of-smoking/

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
bart
Red Eye Jedi

I'm on day 2. Desperate to quit... I can't believe how much I smoke now. I'm honestly scared for my health and I'm only 32. Any words of encouragement, ball busting, tough love, whatever would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rob
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #3
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Exclamation

Its not going to be easy Bart but hang in there, find something to take the edge off go for a walk, go for a run, rig some eels pretty much anything to keep your mind occupied.

Wash, wax and detail your own vehicle, that's a big one because if you're a smoker as soon as that seat belt goes on you're reaching for a cig. You'll be less prone to fire one up in your vehicle if it does'nt smell like an ashtray and you think to yourself: Crap I worked on this 3-4 hours no sense in turning it into an ashtray in 7 minutes.

4 yrs zero nicotine July 28th 2015, when I quit they were $7.68 a pack.

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
bart
Red Eye Jedi

That's great advice about cleaning my car. It's pretty much using reverse psychology...I like that.

Congrats and thanks, Vic
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
Mugz

Bart,

Today is Day 20 for me. Was a smoker for 20+ years....quitting is easy, I've done it a thousand times. I would quit for a week (with no cheating) knowing in the back of my mind that I would go back to smoking....to only relapse and feel like an idiot for torturing myself for a week!! Then the depression would kick in, kicking myself in the arse for relapsing after doing so good for a weeks time.
I had a health scare and I'm 44....I will never smoke another butt again. The 2 weeks waiting for test results were brutal....I was literally planning my funeral and feeling selfish and stupid for putting my family through the "unknown news" as well. The results came back negative....all is good. But, I got the swift kick in the arse I needed I guess. Quit before you have to go through it...
I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if something WAS seriously wrong with me though....and that doesn't mean there still can't be something that happens down the road....damage is done.
I found that the nicotine gum at CVS helped...AND TIME. I also found it was more mental this time for me....different than any other time I tried to quit. As they say..."You have to WANT to quit."
Good Luck....it does get easier and easier. By the way, my truck is ash and smoke smell free....and to tell you the truth I pat myself on the back OFTEN....it's a good feeling.
Mugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Yup people can get rich by not smoking......X smokers did not need that money when smoking to pay bills....putting that money away till it builds enough to start seeing a financial adviser and start investing....does not take much to start investing...

Congratulations to those that have continued not to smoke....keep up the good work.......

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote