Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They said they were "temporarily" suspending the use of horses at that location. I would imagine horses are very effective in some terrain but this doesn't look to be it. I didn't think they were whipping immigrants but some of photos did look really bad. Also, we know the really racist horses are in El Paso.

Most of the vaccines require two doses, I think we're not expecting many of them to be around for a second shot in three weeks.
"I would imagine horses are very effective in some terrain but this doesn't look to be it."

I have no ability to tell law enforcement why the topography there is or isn't conducive to equines, I'm sure you have experience which qualifies you to offer an opinion.

In any event, the reports I saw on the ban, said absolutely notihng about the "terrain", and everything about the appalling whipping that has been taking place. Jen Psaki, who is really having a week, specifically called out images that included a border agent grabbing a criminals shirt (should we execute that agent without trial, I mean he's a monster!) "horrible and horrific".

So we have no idea why you went directly to terrain. You're offering justification that not even the administration is using.

"I think we're not expecting many of them to be around for a second shot in three weeks."

Based on what?
Old 09-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“show me one outrage post”.

i just made a post criticizing trump, today. i’m sorry if you can’t read.

“another example of making comparisons where no such comparison exists.”

Are you ok in the head, seriously? YOU are the one who brought trumps media relationship into this, not me. Whats wrong with you!

Jim: even the liberal
media is saying Biden is being uncooperative.

WDMSO: you never complained when trump did it.

Jim: i’ll do it now, trump treated the media inappropriately

WDMSO: show me where you criticized trump. also, you’re comparing things that arent the same.

See how amazingly stupid that sounds?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim when Biden calls the press the enemy of the people then we can compare apples to apples until then please keep yourself entertained on how horrible Biden is to the press as if you ever cared about the press until today
Old 09-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Also, watched the video. He looked tired but not falling asleep. Answers were pretty lucid. I get tired at times as well.
Old men getting tired oh the horror..

The right will keep pushing the sleepy joe until they find another lie to sell to their gullible followers
Old 09-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Old men getting tired oh the horror..

The right will keep pushing the sleepy joe until they find another lie to sell to their gullible followers
try to follow…

“the right” didnt create this story. the entire press corps complained, including many on “the left.”

still confused?
Old 09-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
I have no ability to tell law enforcement why the topography there is or isn't conducive to equines, I'm sure you have experience which qualifies you to offer an opinion.
Years of watching cowboy movies and a little common sense.

Quote:
In any event, the reports I saw on the ban, said absolutely notihng about the "terrain", and everything about the appalling whipping that has been taking place. Jen Psaki, who is really having a week, specifically called out images that included a border agent grabbing a criminals shirt (should we execute that agent without trial, I mean he's a monster!) "horrible and horrific".
The photos were really bad.

Quote:
Based on what?
I don't know, like, the 8 flights a day back to Haiti?
Old 09-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:

I don't know, like, the 8 flights a day back to Haiti?
so all the people here illegally, are waiting for the first available flight home? the millions of illegal
mexicans, are still
waiting for that first available flight.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would imagine horses are very effective in some terrain but this doesn't look to be it.
Horses in NY City = Good
Horses in Texas = Bad

Makes total sense

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

:
were the horses being racist? what did the horses have to do with it?

i saw a lot of westerns too, pretty sure some took place in southern texas, meaning maybe it’s not that inhospitable to horses. in any event, nobody except you is saying the terrain had anything to do with it.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
try to follow…

“the right” didnt create this story. the entire press corps complained, including many on “the left.”

still confused?
Seem you are confused they the us press corps are upset because they didn’t get to ask a question .. not that Bided was snoring

What nothing about about the press in the enemy or the people … but but Biden
Old 09-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #40
wdmso

Quote:

i saw a lot of westerns too, pretty sure some took place in southern texas, meaning maybe it’s not that inhospitable to horses. in any event, nobody except you is saying the terrain had anything to do with it.
Jim during all the immigrants invasions and caravans the right enjoy claiming are happening across the southern border . Have you ever seen horses used to chase people back to Mexico? And are those horses and officers trained in crowd control with their Animals? It’s actually a thing
Old 09-23-2021, 05:27 PM   #41
spence

Quote:

Pete, why TF are you still talking about racist horses?
Old 09-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:

He looked tired but not falling asleep.
just resting his eyes....
Old 09-23-2021, 05:48 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim during all the immigrants invasions and caravans the right enjoy claiming are happening across the southern border . Have you ever seen horses used to chase people back to Mexico? And are those horses and officers trained in crowd control with their Animals? It’s actually a thing
“the right enjoy claiming.”

so they’re not actually happening?

I’ve actually been to the Arizona border once and saw plenty of law enforcement on horses. I’d hilly terrain along a river, especially when not right adjacent to. a road, can be a good place to be on a horse.

If they can have cops on horses in Manhattan for gods sake, the southern border towns seem like an absolute no brained to me.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
I’ve actually been to the Arizona border once and saw plenty of law enforcement on horses. I’d hilly terrain along a river, especially when not right adjacent to. a road, can be a good place to be on a horse.
WHAT TF DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HORSES AND TERRAIN???? WHY ARE YOU BRINGING THIS UP ?????
Old 09-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
WHAT TF DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HORSES AND TERRAIN???? WHY ARE YOU BRINGING THIS UP ?????
i googled it. order patrol uses horses regularly, because much of the area isn’t accessible by roads, you see.

spence, which “terrain” do you think is more suitable for a horse, midtown manhattan ( where cops can be in horses today), or rural
southern texas, where they can’t be in horses today? in those westerns you say you saw, were more filmed in rural texas or in manhattan?

a few liberal
morons don’t know how horses work, so they equated reims with slave whips.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
i didn’t bring it up, you did. as little as i know, i know more than you, as usual.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:

Answers were pretty lucid.

as long as he's "pretty lucid" and not falling up steps....I guess we're ok
Old 09-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:

a few liberal
morons don’t know how horses work, so they equated reims with slave whips.

definitely racist cowboys riding racist horses with racist whips and racist lassos...if you disagree you are just exhibiting your latent racism
Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I've fallen up steps. Happens with dress Shoes. Hell Trump can't even walk down a ramp.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
I've fallen up steps. Happens with dress Shoes. Hell Trump can't even walk down a ramp.
yeah...not like that...
Old 09-23-2021, 06:47 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
i didn’t bring it up, you did. as little as i know, i know more than you, as usual.
Wait, so I bring up terrain. You mock it, then cite your own research that it's a factor, then declare victory. I'm willing to subsidize your therapy by the way. Maybe your BFF will even chip in.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #52
scottw

Quote:
Wait, so I bring up terrain. You mock it, then cite your own research that it's a factor, then declare victory. I'm willing to subsidize your therapy by the way. Maybe your BFF will even chip in.
wait...who is his BFF? if spence is giving money away...maybe they can both get therapy....
Old 09-23-2021, 07:26 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:

I've fallen up steps. Happens with Depends. Hell Trump can't even walk down a ramp.
fixed it...
Old 09-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #54
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Old 09-23-2021, 09:08 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, golf was good.
I see you boys entertained yourselves
Learned about horsies and cops
Not much about Haiti
Old 09-23-2021, 09:17 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

From a former border patrol agent
I have refrained from saying these things because I know they sound crazy, but I cannot just sit and say nothing. Remember some months ago when Border Patrol was so overwhelmed by unaccompanied children and the conditions were horrible? Remember how took a trip out to AZ and TX to witness for myself. Now we see the same going on in Del Rio, TX. In the beginning of the Del Rio crisis, CBP claimed Border Patrol was caught off guard. Really? Border Patrol/CBP have excellent intelligence on the movement of large groups of migrants. There is no way they did not know about this group. Now today, Fox News says Border Patrol claims they warned Biden about the group in June. So which is it? Did they know or didn’t they? What I see going on, from an intelligence and operational point of view, is CBP and Border Patrol management playing politics with migrant lives. Truthfully, they have always done this, but not on this scale. Even during the Trump administration, agents admitted to me that they were told to intentionally slow walk the processing to create the overcrowded conditions we saw that led to record in custody deaths, deaths of children. They wanted to make the border look as out of control as possible to get Trump’s harshest policies through. Now they are making the fact that we have large groups of migrants coming to our southern border worse with a variety of tactics. They want the border to look out of control to make this administration look bad on border security. Notice how they blocked most other outlets except Fox News from filming here. Notice how they just simply closed down the the crossing point Haitians were using. They had enough manpower before to do it. Last night, Mexican immigration started rounding up Haitians, forcing them on buses and sending them to Chiapas. Now the former Chief of Border Patrol sent a letter to congressional members warning of imminent terrorist threats from these crises. Something’s coming. I don’t know if it’s that some National Guard kid is going to end up shooting or some militia guy maybe, but something is going to break. This will end soon, and the Border Patrol will be onto the next catastrophe to gain political points. And frankly, I don’t think Biden understands that these people are not on his team. We are playing with people’s lives here just to score political points. These are human beings.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:06 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
From a former border patrol agent
I have refrained from saying these things because I know they sound crazy, but I cannot just sit and say nothing. Remember some months ago when Border Patrol was so overwhelmed by unaccompanied children and the conditions were horrible? Remember how took a trip out to AZ and TX to witness for myself. Now we see the same going on in Del Rio, TX. In the beginning of the Del Rio crisis, CBP claimed Border Patrol was caught off guard. Really? Border Patrol/CBP have excellent intelligence on the movement of large groups of migrants. There is no way they did not know about this group. Now today, Fox News says Border Patrol claims they warned Biden about the group in June. So which is it? Did they know or didn’t they? What I see going on, from an intelligence and operational point of view, is CBP and Border Patrol management playing politics with migrant lives. Truthfully, they have always done this, but not on this scale. Even during the Trump administration, agents admitted to me that they were told to intentionally slow walk the processing to create the overcrowded conditions we saw that led to record in custody deaths, deaths of children. They wanted to make the border look as out of control as possible to get Trump’s harshest policies through. Now they are making the fact that we have large groups of migrants coming to our southern border worse with a variety of tactics. They want the border to look out of control to make this administration look bad on border security. Notice how they blocked most other outlets except Fox News from filming here. Notice how they just simply closed down the the crossing point Haitians were using. They had enough manpower before to do it. Last night, Mexican immigration started rounding up Haitians, forcing them on buses and sending them to Chiapas. Now the former Chief of Border Patrol sent a letter to congressional members warning of imminent terrorist threats from these crises. Something’s coming. I don’t know if it’s that some National Guard kid is going to end up shooting or some militia guy maybe, but something is going to break. This will end soon, and the Border Patrol will be onto the next catastrophe to gain political points. And frankly, I don’t think Biden understands that these people are not on his team. We are playing with people’s lives here just to score political points. These are human beings.
oh...so now it's the "CBP and Border Patrol management playing politics"....ok......
Old 09-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #58
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Learned about horsies and cops
Not much about Haiti
Must be a real #^&#^&#^&#^&hole if they’re trying so hard to get out of it.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #59
wdmso

Quote:
“the right enjoy claiming.”

so they’re not actually happening?

If they can have cops on horses in Manhattan for gods sake, the southern border towns seem like an absolute no brained to me.
jim we are talking horses trained in crowd control ... NY city horses and riders are bostons they are . are border control horses trained in crowd control?? from my research I found a site who claimed they trained Border control horses called Mounted Police Training Academy

again a border control horse is not a NY city horse again making these simplistic comparisons .. I have seen boston horses in action it looked nothing like what happened at the river .... it all comes down to optics one side loves it the other hates it

Last edited by wdmso; 09-24-2021 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
jim we are talking horses trained in crowd control ... NY city horses and riders are bostons they are . are border control horses trained in crowd control?? from my research I found a site who claimed they trained Border control horses called Mounted Police Training Academy

again a border control horse is not a NY city horse again making these simplistic comparisons .. I have seen boston horses in action it looked nothing like what happened at the river .... it all comes down to optics one side loves it the other hates it
first, why did you say “the right claims” these caravans are not happening? are you saying there were t thousands and thousands of illegals camped under that bridge?

you do have a point, horses can be dangerous in large crowds ( doesn’t stop NYPD from using them in Manhattan, does it?). i didn’t see any photos or videos of anyone getting trampled. i saw horses being ridden where there were only a handful of people nearby.

If you don’t want to be confronted by law enforcement on horseback, you could always cross al legal crossing points.