Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So what do you and your "friend" do? Call each other up at 6 in the morning and discuss people's posts and figure out how to respond? Or do you call up your "friend" and say do you believe what so and so said? Why can't your "friend" ask the question himself?
Don't make fun of him, imaginary friends are good for children to have.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #122
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In your opinion
Trump defined a group and then suggested they leave our society.

"Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries"

He didn't "suggest" they leave our society. He said go fix those countries' problems then come back and tell us how it is done.

The second type of xenophobia is when an entire group is not considered part of the society.
Trump did not say that Progressive Democrat Congresswomen from other countries are not a part of our society.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #123
detbuch

Quote:
Three articles all about the same woman saying the same thing. This is supposed to be a survey of "most people"?

And this woman said that she won’t go as far as to call him a misogynist, and that "he was pretty respectful of me overall."
Old 07-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #124
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Three articles all about the same woman saying the same thing. This is supposed to be a survey of "most people"?

And this woman said that she won’t go as far as to call him a misogynist, and that "he was pretty respectful of me overall."
The survey was a joke, I suppose you honestly thought I'd do a survey just for you. Keep an eye on Trump's tweets if it's close to favorable he'll post the results, though I would check his numbers they are usually a little off in his favor. Just puffery, I'm sure.

Here's a few other excerpts from Barbara Res's interviews. I have seen other former employees interviewed but I don't remember their names. I have yet to see a former employee of Trumps say he would be a great President or even a good one. Google is your friend, feel free to show that is incorrect.

But over the years, I saw him change.
“I think he’s a supreme sexist,” Res said. She won’t go as far as to call him a misogynist, however, although she freely uses another M-word: megalomaniac.

“He’s terribly sexist. He’s a womanizer for sure,” she said. “He hired me for a specific reason: Because I was really good. And he told me, and he believed this, that women had to work harder and be smarter and were willing to work harder than men, and that’s what he wanted, and he had a couple of women working for him… ‘Men are better than women,’ he said, ‘but a good woman is better than 10 men.’ I think he thought I would take it as a compliment, and I think it was intended as a compliment.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #125
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Don't make fun of him, imaginary friends are good for children to have.
Surveys say they are also good for adults. Kind of like you and Cookie Puss.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Surveys say they are also good for adults. Kind of like you and Cookie Puss.
So is your imaginary friend Hug-Me Bear or Fudgie the Whale?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #127
Sea Dangles

Thank You for acknowledging that you have political discourse with a person who calls Carvel names at others. That is more deserved than you obviously care to admit. We get it,you don’t like Trump. Do you honestly believe you are xposing him to anybody who has been paying attention? Do you hope to change some minds regarding their support for Trump? Just curious to know what motivates this obsession. Is this your form of protest?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Thank You for acknowledging that you have political discourse with a person who calls Carvel names at others. That is more deserved than you obviously care to admit. We get it,you don’t like Trump. Do you honestly believe you are xposing him to anybody who has been paying attention? Do you hope to change some minds regarding their support for Trump? Just curious to know what motivates this obsession. Is this your form of protest?
Have had
Go discuss it with your imaginary friends

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Have you taken a survey of most people?
Here’s the poll you requested
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...63499364853811

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #130
detbuch

QUOTE=Pete F.;1170418]The survey was a joke,

Then the joke was on you. We were discussing Trump being a misogynist. Res said she wouldn't call him a misogynist. Your joke sided with my point that he is not a misogynist, and certainly didn't support your contention that he is.

I suppose you honestly thought I'd do a survey just for you.

I didn't ask you to do a survey (of most people on the subject of Trump being a misogynist). I asked if you had done one. And your joke survey, of one person, would not say he is a misogynist. You got hit in the head with your joke that turned out to be a boomerang.

Here's a few other excerpts from Barbara Res's interviews. I have seen other former employees interviewed but I don't remember their names. I have yet to see a former employee of Trumps say he would be a great President or even a good one. Google is your friend, feel free to show that is incorrect.

So you want to move on to another subject. So what? Your friend google will help you find people who think he is a good President . . . some who even think he is a great one. But I'm not impressed or persuaded by popularity type polls. From what I see, when he doesn't have to battle naysayers and liars like you, he's doing a good job. Regardless of what Res says.

But over the years, I saw him change.
“I think he’s a supreme sexist,” Res said. She won’t go as far as to call him a misogynist, however, although she freely uses another M-word: megalomaniac.

“He’s terribly sexist. He’s a womanizer for sure,” she said. “He hired me for a specific reason: Because I was really good. And he told me, and he believed this, that women had to work harder and be smarter and were willing to work harder than men, and that’s what he wanted, and he had a couple of women working for him… ‘Men are better than women,’ he said, ‘but a good woman is better than 10 men.’ I think he thought I would take it as a compliment, and I think it was intended as a compliment.”[/QUOTE]

I don't know what a supreme sexist is. Trump might be one. I don't know. But he doesn't appear to be more of a womanizer (certainly not while being President) than some of the Dems most beloved Presidents. So I don't see what being a womanizer has to do with how good a job a President does.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-17-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #131
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Have had
Go discuss it with your imaginary friends
Isn’t that what we are doing?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #132
detbuch

Quote:
I didn't request a poll. And the poll of most Americans that I asked if you had done, was regarding Trump being a misogynist. This poll that you erroneously think (lied a la standards applied to Trump) I requested says that a majority of Americans think that Trump's remarks are offensive. It has no survey about him being a misogynist. Trump doesn't mind being offensive. It seems that he often intends to be so. Often, or usually, it's tit for tat. The four congresswomen in this dispute have been very offensive with comments about Trump before Trump hit back.

Of course, you don't object to offensive remarks about Trump.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-17-2019 at 10:13 PM..
Old 07-18-2019, 06:27 AM   #133
wdmso

Trump MAGA Rally Crowd Chants "Send Her Back" To Rep. Ilhan Omar. They found their new voodo doll. And its a trafecta
Old 07-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump MAGA Rally Crowd Chants "Send Her Back" To Rep. Ilhan Omar. They found their new voodo doll. And its a trafecta
she said 9/11 was some people
doing something, she cannot stand jews, she refused to condemn the antifa attack on an immigration detention facility, she slandered soldiers killed in somalia. i’d say “send her back” is over the top, but clearly she hates what the country stands for. AOC is a harmless punchline. Omar is dangerous.

you reap what you sow wayne.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #135
scottw

Jim...you speak liblish...can you translate trafecta for me please?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Jim...you speak liblish...can you translate trafecta for me please?
If I had to guess, he means she is a "trifecta" for all the bigots and hatemongers on our side - she's a woman, a Muslim, and non-white. A deplorable's jackpot, if you will.

Therefore, when I criticize her for saying 9/11 was nothing more than "some people did something", it's not possible that I could have a rational, valid reason to criticize that comment. According to liberals, the only reason why that comment bothers me, is because the person who made the comment is brown and a muslim and doesn't have a wee-wee. It's not that she said something extremely stupid and offensive, it's that I'm a bigot. Do you see?

This is the same exact logic that leads them to believe that Trump criticized these women only because of their skin color. It's also the same exact logic that led Fredo Ocasio-Cortez to claim that Pelosi only criticizes them because of their skin color.

I have often said that it must be very nice to be anointed with "victim" status by liberals. Because once you have been so anointed, you can no longer be justly criticized for anything you say or do. Never. Any criticism of you, is necessarily bigotry.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #137
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If I had to guess, he means she is a "trifecta" for all the bigots and hatemongers on our side - she's a woman, a Muslim, and non-white. A deplorable's jackpot, if you will.
3 Victim Statuses, 1 Person

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

davon haben wir nichts gewusst

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-18-2019, 09:09 AM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

If 20 high school students chanted this at a classmate how many would be expelled? If 20 employees yelled this at a colleague how many would be fired? If 20 Army soldiers aimed this at a platoon mate how many would be discharged? How much of US will accept this as a new standard?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Therefore, when I criticize her for saying 9/11 was nothing more than "some people did something", it's not possible that I could have a rational, valid reason to criticize that comment.
What you are claiming is incorrect and takes words out of context to prove your point.

Here is the full quote, perhaps you can show what is evil about this.

"Here’s the truth. For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. [The Council on American-Islamic Relations] was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why. Because that is the right you have."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #141
spence

Quote:
doing something, she cannot stand jews, she refused to condemn the antifa attack on an immigration detention facility, she slandered soldiers killed in somalia. i’d say “send her back” is over the top, but clearly she hates what the country stands for. AOC is a harmless punchline. Omar is dangerous.
And this kids is what intolerance looks like.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #142
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
jim is intolerant of anti-American communists and that's a bad thing?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
If 20 high school students chanted this at a classmate how many would be expelled? If 20 employees yelled this at a colleague how many would be fired? If 20 Army soldiers aimed this at a platoon mate how many would be discharged? How much of US will accept this as a new standard?
chanted it at an innocent classmate? or at a classmate running for student council
on the platform that 09/11 was no big deal?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
What you are claiming is incorrect and takes words out of context to prove your point.

Here is the full quote, perhaps you can show what is evil about this.

"Here’s the truth. For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. [The Council on American-Islamic Relations] was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why. Because that is the right you have."
Is that full quote less offensive? is it less dismissive of the attack?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
i didn’t say throw her in prison. i said i don’t want her writing federal
law.

this folks, is what a chronic
obama masturbator looks like.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #146
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Are you referring to the anti Semite from Somalia?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #147
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Maybe they were talking about Minnesota

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #148
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Is that full quote less offensive? is it less dismissive of the attack?
Where does this say anything close to what you claim?
What is Un-American or even out of order in this speech?
Is this different than what you would hope people would do?
Or do you think that all Muslims are terrorists?

Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege, that there is a privilege that we are given, and it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate, we should go to school, get an education, raise our children and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don’t make anyone uncomfortable — be a good Muslim. But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us. So the truth is, you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes mom and dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby, and you can’t have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human.

It doesn’t matter how good you were if you can’t have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists. And if you say something, you are sent to the principal’s office. So to me, I say, raise hell; make people uncomfortable.

Because here’s the truth — here’s the truth: For too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say, “This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it. I am going to go talk to them and ask them why.” Because that is a right you have.

... I say you can’t hate up close. You can’t hate up close. Any time you have an opportunity to go talk with someone, the chances of them hating you lessen. So that is a practice we all should adopt.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #149
PaulS

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) specifically cites the phrase "Go back to where you came from" as the type of language that could violate anti-discrimination employment laws in certain circumstances. The phrase is nearly identical to what Mr. Trump wrote in his tweets about the congresswomen: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

"Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities," the EEOC's website says. "Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, 'Go back to where you came from,' whether made by supervisors or by co-workers."
Old 07-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

you reap what you sow wayne.
Representative @IlhanMN co-sponsored a bill meant to help VICTIMS of 9/11.

The Republican Party BLOCKED the bill then told its sponsor to go back to Africa.

Trumplicans call this “patriotism.”

Lets Go Darwin