Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-29-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
wdmso

paying attention to debates but ignoring Trump

Classic

Trump and Putin Share Joke About Election Meddling, Sparking New Furor

United States and Japan and a pillar of American foreign policy. On Wednesday, asked about the treaty on Fox News, Mr. Trump sneered, “If Japan is attacked, we will fight World War III.” Then he added: “But if we’re attacked, Japan doesn’t have to help us at all. They can watch it on a Sony television.” (I guess he doesn't understand the concept of scale or treaties )

or “U.S. companies can sell their equipment to Huawei,” Trump said at a news conference. “We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.”

The Trump administration has previously said Huawei is a national security issue, not a trade problem.

which is it???

And to suggest there isn't a better choice for POTUS is basic
Old 06-29-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

That was really bad. I don't like it and it concerns me a lot.

I wonder if he'll have more flexibility after the election.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
wdmso

You guys on the right love comparing things that are no where close to being the same.. it must help with rationalization Trumps our bet option. It bothers you but but Obama
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Classic

Trump and Putin Share Joke About Election Meddling, Sparking New Furor

Everyone seems to know it was a joke since it is being referred to as such. What was the joke, by the way? In the meantime, Trump puts sancions on Russia, frees up oil drilling which hurts Russia's oil profits. Warns Russia not to meddle in our elections. Puts sanctions on Russia ally Iran, pretty much crippling its economy, Puts tariffs on Russia's number one military ally China. etc. Sanctions and economic warfare. Jokes. Which is it? Both. He can walk and chew gum at the same time.

United States and Japan and a pillar of American foreign policy. On Wednesday, asked about the treaty on Fox News, Mr. Trump sneered, “If Japan is attacked, we will fight World War III.” Then he added: “But if we’re attacked, Japan doesn’t have to help us at all. They can watch it on a Sony television.” (I guess he doesn't understand the concept of scale or treaties )

More typical Trump sarc/joke. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew more about scale or treaties than you do. And he has more "expert" advisers available to him than you do. And, despite the fascist that he is made out to be, he won't stop you from expressing your ill informed opinion.

or “U.S. companies can sell their equipment to Huawei,” Trump said at a news conference. “We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.”

The Trump administration has previously said Huawei is a national security issue, not a trade problem.

which is it???

As Spence would say, it depends on the context.

And to suggest there isn't a better choice for POTUS is basic
There's always, in someone's opinion, a better choice. Trick is in finding him/her/it. And making sure that it meets all the specs required by wdmso.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-29-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
That was really bad. I don't like it and it concerns me a lot.

I wonder if he'll have more flexibility after the election.
very very bad.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey he welcomed the help once, he is just letting one of his strong man loves know, he wouldn’t object if they went for it again.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
very very bad.
It sparked furor!
Old 06-29-2019, 07:18 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Hey he welcomed the help once, he is just letting one of his strong man loves know, he wouldn’t object if they went for it again.
When he, openly, on national TV, before the world "welcomed help once," as you put it, and it was obvious to all of us who don't have TDS that he was being sarcastic, joking, not really asking for help, you guys with TDS adamantly insisted that he was really and actually "asking for Russia's help"--that he was conspiring with Russia.

But now, when he tells Putin not to meddle in the election, it is obvious to those with TDS that Trump is joking, not really telling Putin to not meddle, but somehow actually telling him to meddle.

You TDS guys have it really bad.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:18 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Blinders firmly in place as expected, history tends to repeat, especially when help comes from the top.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:32 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There's always, in someone's opinion, a better choice. Trick is in finding him/her/it. And making sure that it meets all the specs required by wdmso.
What's a joke it that's your rationalization .. that its was just a joke .. and you know this how?? Is this the line on fox or you tube ..this doesn't phase you but the communists are helping the Democrats post .. does ????
Old 06-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Blinders firmly in place as expected, history tends to repeat, especially when help comes from the top.
When can't respond rationally, Confucius say: make fortune cookie gibberish.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
What's a joke it that's your rationalization .. that its was just a joke ..

Which time are you referring to? It was joking sarcasm both times. But for TDS folks it was a joke only when it suits them. Not my rationalization. Very obviously so.

and you know this how??

It was obvious. And you know differently how??

Is this the line on fox or you tube ..

Don't watch Fox. Do you? Didn't get it from youtube either. Actually, the leftist press called this recent one a joke.

So, if you think that I have to depend on some media source to tell me how to think, does that mean you do? Or are you special?

this doesn't phase you but the communists are helping the Democrats post .. does ????
What am I supposed to be phased about? Some ill-mannered so called "journalist" tries to embarrass Trump in the middle of his conversation with Putin by yelling out if he was going to tell Putin not to meddle in our election, and so Trump sarcastically does so? I am supposed to take this as some meaningful evidence that Trump is conspiring, that he has a bromance with Putin, that he is going to betray America? Really???

And the Communists actually being in cahoots with the Democrats, NO JOKING, really and truly and openly and sincerely, and the Dems not disavowing them, doesn't phase you? And you can go on and on about Trump colluding with Russia when there is no real evidence that he is or was? And you can't say nary a peep about the undisputed aid the Commies give the Dems?
Old 06-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #13
JohnR

Quote:
You guys on the right love comparing things that are no where close to being the same.. it must help with rationalization Trumps our bet option. It bothers you but but Obama

I'm not on the right. I was and remain center left / center right on most things. I am an independent for 2 decades. I can go the last 20 years and call major issues both parties and few pluses both parties.

You can't get out of one party.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #14
wdmso

gotta love Trumps latest historical propaganda moment with Kim

Sure it was last minute .. imagine if the last POTUS pulled such a stunt conservatives would be like
Old 06-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
What am I supposed to be phased about? Some ill-mannered so called "journalist" tries to embarrass Trump in the middle of his conversation with Putin by yelling out if he was going to tell Putin not to meddle in our election, and so Trump sarcastically does so? I am supposed to take this as some meaningful evidence that Trump is conspiring, that he has a bromance with Putin, that he is going to betray America? Really???

And the Communists actually being in cahoots with the Democrats, NO JOKING, really and truly and openly and sincerely, and the Dems not disavowing them, doesn't phase you? And you can go on and on about Trump colluding with Russia when there is no real evidence that he is or was? And you can't say nary a peep about the undisputed aid the Commies give the Dems?
you need to keep your conspiracies straight your all over the map
Old 06-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Maybe the journalist asked the question we all think (well not some of course) needs to be asked repeatedly until he actually does it and not like it’s some fing joke.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
wdmso

Donald Trump joked with Vladimir Putin about getting rid of journalists

the US president lightheartedly sought common ground with Putin at the expense of the journalists around them in Osaka.
“Get rid of them. Fake news is a great term, isn’t it? You don’t have this problem in Russia but we do,” Trump said.

Twenty-six journalists have been murdered in Russia since Putin first became president

but ya its only a joke so its 100% ok for Trump supporters
Old 06-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I'm not on the right. I was and remain center left / center right on most things. I am an independent for 2 decades. I can go the last 20 years and call major issues both parties and few pluses both parties.

You can't get out of one party.
This won’t get a second look

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-30-2019, 04:09 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
you need to keep your conspiracies straight your all over the map
As is quite often the case, you make no sense. What conspiracies? What map? Are you dog whistling?

Whatever nonsense your peddling here, you haven't responded to what I said . . . of course, that's not unusual for you.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Maybe the journalist asked the question we all think (well not some of course) needs to be asked repeatedly until he actually does it and not like it’s some fing joke.
Maybe the "journalist" could choose a better time and place to belligerently shout out the question that is used as a talking point, dog whistle, mantra, to make Trump look bad.

What is Trump supposed to do, threaten Putin if he meddles in our elections? Would that have any effect? Are we going to stop meddling in other countries affairs? This sort of meddling has been going on forever and will continue forever. Trying to negotiate cooperation on various international problems with someone will not go well if it is done belligerently.

Trump's Secretary of State, has warned Russia not to meddle in our 2020 elections. Trump has not repudiated that warning. Message sent. He doesn't have to confront Putin personally about it while trying to establish a ground on which the two can manage to cooperate on other Matters.

The "journalist" was putting on a show. A show that you applaud. A stupid show.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

And that sir is why meddling shouldn’t happen, thank you for helping clarify, tip of the hat!
Old 06-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
And that sir is why meddling shouldn’t happen, thank you for helping clarify, tip of the hat!
"Shouldn't"? How do you go about eliminating meddling? You want to go to war? Slap on the wrist? Huff and puff about how mad it makes you and if you don't stop we'll do something really bad to you?

When Pompeo warned the Russians that meddling would damage our attempts at improving relations, was that too soft? Should he have included a physical threat of some kind?

Should Trump, every time he speaks to Putin, tell him to stop meddling or he'll do something really bad to Russia, even worse than what he has done such as pumping more oil to hurt Russia's main source of foreign income, creating or strengthening military alliances with Eastern European countries on Russia's border, supplying weapons to Ukraine, maintaining the Ukraine related sanctions until Crimea is returned to Ukraine, expelling Russian diplomats, sanctioning Russians who were indicted by Mueller, putting tariffs on goods from Russia's main military ally China, putting economic sanctions on Iran, one of Russia's strongest allies in the Middle East thus severely crippling its economy?

If none of that has gotten Russia's attention that we are not pleased with its actions including meddling, what exactly will? Should he do more of the same, or worse? And how will that worse affect our ability to get any kind of beneficial deal re arms, denuclearization, cooperation against terrorism, a better relation with the West in general, including economic and political?

Trump may be naïve in thinking he can "make a deal" with countries like Russia, or China, or North Korea. On the other hand, if he does walk softly but carries a really big stick, and can put enough of an economic squeeze on those big, bad, meddlers, maybe they will come to the table with an agreement in the right direction.

And maybe if the U.S. stops meddling in the affairs of other countries, we would actually have the high moral meddling ground.

And if We Americans stopped meddling in the affairs of fellow Americans in order to defeat them, such as creating fake dossiers provided by foreign entities in order to defeat an opposing presidential candidate, maybe we can talk about how meddling shouldn't happen.

Fat chance.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What am I supposed to be phased about? Some ill-mannered so called "journalist" tries to embarrass Trump in the middle of his conversation with Putin by yelling out if he was going to tell Putin not to meddle in our election, and so Trump sarcastically does so
Just what would you consider appropriate press behavior with the current administration having less press conferences than any other.
This administration started its first press conference with a lie and has been consistently lying in press conferences and all media for its term to date.
Since when is it none of the presses business what Trump says to Putin?
Perhaps another of Trump’s sarcastic jokes was how Putin doesn’t have problems with fake news, just how many Russian reporters have died since the start of Putin’s regime?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-30-2019, 11:43 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just what would you consider appropriate press behavior with the current administration having less press conferences than any other.

This administration started its first press conference with a lie and has been consistently lying in press conferences and all media for its term to date.

There has been enough discussion on this forum about who starts what when it comes to Trump, his opponents, and the press. I haven't seen many instances where Trump has been rude to the Press when they've been as nice to him as they have been with his predecessor. It seems that those who do not have TDS have been the ones on this forum to point out positives about Trump, which, apparently, the TDS folks have not heard much about in the mainstream notFox media. No doubt you believe every negative thing that has been reported or written about Trump. No doubt you haven't been privy to much notFox press that reports positive things about him. No doubt the wonderfully behaved, fair and balanced, objective press that you allow to inform you just can't find things to say about Trump other than that he is a liar and a pussy grabber. And that he obstructed justice. And that he loves Putin and conspired with him to win the election. Yada, yada, yada and the daily CNN and New York Times breathlessly reporting some new factoid or investigation, or rumor, or accusation that supposedly exposes or is about to prove what a, how did you put it, what a horror Trump is.

I can't fault you for seeing Trump as an irredeemable horror if that's the only information you get.

Right from the beginning of the Mueller investigation, there have been alternative media outlets that consistently and daily got it right. And you're beloved leftist press got it wrong. They kept getting it wrong until the very last crescendo of hope and accusation and phony innuendo bubbles were burst by Mueller's report.

That kind of consistent error, when coming out of the mouth of Trump, would be called lying. When the standard for lying applied by left wing press to Trump's words is applied to the Press, it makes the Press to be a consistent and daily liar.

Since when is it none of the presses business what Trump says to Putin?

See, by press standards for Trump lies, you're lying. Your making a straw man supposition.

Perhaps another of Trump’s sarcastic jokes was how Putin doesn’t have problems with fake news, just how many Russian reporters have died since the start of Putin’s regime?
How many American reporters have died since the start of Trump's regime? See, you're concocting a slick kind of lie that Trump is going to get American reporters killed. Well, if the tons of negative abuse heaped on Trump hasn't gotten him killed, I guess the reporters who dump it shouldn't worry.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:19 AM   #25
wdmso

Funny Trumps harder on a country with no nukes but plays buddy's with the one with them? And has more fake news and no real journalist ... but call Trump out on his comments and actions your accused of having TDS.. that's the new defense
Old 07-01-2019, 02:29 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This won’t get a second look
It was read. independent yes center left /center right? clearly not in right field like some but clearly not in center field either
Old 07-01-2019, 06:25 AM   #27
Sea Dangles

So he claims it but you dismiss the claim. He must be a Trumplican plant who is lying again because unless he is in lockstep with the radicals then surely he is the enemy.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #28
JohnR

Quote:
It was read. independent yes center left /center right? clearly not in right field like some but clearly not in center field either

Haha, from where you sit, just about everyone is in right field.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

The term “left field” suits him to a T.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Funny Trumps harder on a country with no nukes but plays buddy's with the one with them? And has more fake news and no real journalist ...

It appears that you're trying to say something here.

but call Trump out on his comments and actions your accused of having TDS.. that's the new defense
Welcome to the other side in the world of labels. Your friends in the anti-Trump media regularly cast racist, Nazi, homophobe, sexist, and various other judgmental labels on Trump. So do you. Goose/gander.