Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Jeffrey Epstein

This could get interesting!
Wonder how many in Hollyweird & Washington are crapping their pants 🤔
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” Donald Trump

By the time Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier and felon, was arrested on Saturday and charged with sex trafficking, he had been repeatedly accused of pedophilia and sexual abuse for more than a decade.

But Mr. Epstein — whose acquaintances include two presidents and multiple celebrities — had until then avoided federal prosecution.

Now, Mr. Epstein is expected to appear in Federal District Court in Manhattan on Monday to face charges that include sex trafficking of minors, involving multiple underage girls, between 2002 and 2005, according to two law enforcement sourcesThe charges include a claim that he routinely brought underage girls to his home on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, where he paid them hundreds of dollars in cash for massages and sexual acts, one of the sources said.The case could shed new light not only on the allegations, which span years and countries, but also on the extent to which officials who have been linked to Mr. Epstein — including, most notably, President Trump and his labor secretary, Alexander Acosta — knew about or downplayed them or let him get away with The case could shed new light not only on the allegations, which span years and countries, but also on the extent to which officials who have been linked to Mr. Epstein — including, most notably, President Trump and his labor secretary, Alexander Acosta — knew about, downplayed or let them get away with
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

When he was charged and found guilty the first time, it included some very questionable non-prosecutable agreement. Clearly, this shows current prosecutors going above and beyond to avoid a double jeopardy situation... Interesting indeed, if you like following scumbags.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

So seeing that these allegations and Epstein's Island go back a decade (long before Trump was a politician) and well into the previous decade where he was far more associated with Bill Clinton than Trump (looks at Pete's post for Clinton reference - nope).

Here is a link to Google, time frame 2009 - 2015, where this was covered a lot but fr some really strange reason, did not make the news it is going to make now.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=cd...60.Cc7RkzGtSAg

Wonder if now is the time to sacrifice a Clinton to get a Trump.

The irony will be that some of their "hates" might never have happened had they not pretzeled themselves to protect their "faves". In the meantime a lot of kids truly suffered in order to protect their "faves". Disgusting.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

It said two presidents, I had confidence that someone would say: Whatabout Bill.

Given Trump's history of using dirt to get at his opponents should make people wonder why he never brought this up when he was going after Hillary thru Bill's affairs.

Trump was interviewed by attorneys involved in the case, hung out with Epstein and Clinton, it was in the news, pretty unlikely he didn't hear of Lolita Island and it's customers.

I suppose Trump was just being a nice guy and didn't want to hurt the Clinton's marriage.

Hearsay is that Epstein wanted his "modeling" agency to be like Trumps, some people wonder what he meant by that?

Hopefully all the slime involved will be dealt with to the full extent of the law, but I don't hold a lot of hope for that. It's a pretty tangled web and goes from Acosta to Weinstein, likely not missing many letters of the alphabet.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
spence

I think the two people who have the most to lose right now are Epstien himself and Trump's labor secretary who helped him skate from most punishment the first time around.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the two people who have the most to lose right now are Epstien himself and Trump's labor secretary who helped him skate from most punishment the first time around.
and the fact that bill clinton reportedly ditched his secret service detail
to get on epstein’s private jet multiple times, tells you what?

The labor secretary has a lot to answer for, but wasn't this all brought out in his confirmation hearings? is this new information?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and the fact that bill clinton reportedly ditched his secret service detail
to get on epstein’s private jet multiple times, tells you what?
Not sure it says much of anything. Has anyone actually published the flight logs or was is just "reported?" Has anyone else on those flights confirmed no SS was there? I'm sure Clinton flew with him many times as did a lot of people. Doesn't mean Clinton was doing anything wrong.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:33 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Jeff, you can twist things into a pretzel. I think you should have been considered to replace Sarah Sanders.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Jeff still has some of Bill’s evidence on his blouse.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff still has some of Bill’s evidence on his blouse.
👍
Old 07-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jeff, you can twist things into a pretzel. I think you should have been considered to replace Sarah Sanders.....
Has anyone ever accused Clinton of wrongdoing around Epstein?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:40 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

How did Epstein make his money?
Laundering money for the Russian mob? His gf Ghislaine is the daughter of Robert Maxwell, business partner of Semion Mogilevich, the boss of bosses for the Russian mob. Likely the most powerful man in organized crime on Earth. Occam’s razor in this scenario really.
And when he started who was his pal, who pulled off a miraculous recovery from bankruptcy. Funny how it always comes back to Russia.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Has anyone ever accused Clinton of wrongdoing around Epstein?

Not before they were suicided

Kidding aside, court records from over ten years ago show WJC on Epstein's jet numerous times, including to the Islands of Misfit Deviants.

From a recent NYT article:

WJCs office states he flew with Epstein 4 times. Gawker's shows over a dozen, and a Fox story shows over 26 times.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #15
Nebe

Yawn
Old 07-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #16
Jim in CT

i keep reading that Epstein employees would
pay the young victims off. i’d
like to know who those people were, they are complicit in this, hope
they get charged.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Epstein's first job after he dropped out of Cooper Union...........hired at the Dalton School by Donald Barr, father of AG William Barr.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #18
Sea Dangles

Another bombshell from PeteF. His research is tireless and productive at the same time. Please recite more news.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
Another bombshell from PeteF. His research is tireless and productive at the same time. Please recite more news.
Far more interesting and informative than your constant boring insults.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

In 1976, Epstein joined Bear Stearns as a floor trader’s assistant, making partner in a mere four years.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

There was Epstein’s deposition in a civil case explaining in his own testimony that he had indeed been guilty of a “reg d violation” while at Bear Stearns and that he’d been asked to leave the investment firm.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

When Acosta was being interviewed for the Labor secretary job, he was asked if his involvement in the Epstein case would be a problem during his confirmation hearings.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers …

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

a piece of evidence detailed in the SDNY’s detention memo could hold a great deal of blackmail potential:

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

CDs labeled: Young [name]+[name]

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Alleged Epstein victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre claims that U.S. authorities were in possession of footage of her having sex with members of Epstein’s elite friend group. “Based on my knowledge of Epstein and his organization, as well as discussions with the FBI, it is my belief that federal prosecutors likely possess videotapes and photographic images of me as an underage girl having sex with Epstein and some of his powerful friends,” she said. Giuffre claimed that Epstein “debriefed her” after she was forced into sexual encounters so that he could possess “intimate and potentially embarrassing information” to blackmail friends into parking their money with him.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

One of his early employers in finance, Steve Hoffenberg, was convicted of running one of the largest pre-Madoff Ponzi schemes in U.S. history. According to journalist Vicky Ward, Hoffenberg brought on Epstein in 1981 after he left Bear Stearns. “He has a way of getting under your skin,” he told Ward. Hoffenberg paid Epstein $25,000 per month for his work as a consultant for Towers Financial, though Epstein had left well before Hoffenberg pleaded guilty in 1994 to defrauding investors to the tune of $450 million. For years, it appeared Epstein had no exposure in the Towers Financial case, until 2018, when shareholders filed a putative class action suit against him for his alleged role in the Ponzi scheme. In a separate New York state case in 2018, Hoffenberg reportedly detailed Epstein’s alleged involvement in the scam.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Far more interesting and informative than your constant boring insults.
OK ,if you find regurgitated old news interesting then you must be fascinated. I just try to add insight and perspective.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
I just try to add insight and perspective.
When?
Old 07-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Just another example of the rich and powerful getting away with things we run of the mill working stiffs would be doing decades behind bars. Acosta is just another slime ball added to the growing Trump “swamp”, hope Donald isn’t on an old tape at one of their parties before they had a falling out.