Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #571
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump called in from the White House to an informal meeting of Pennsylvania lawmakers, repeating baseless claims about the election being "rigged."

"This election has to be turned around," Trump said, though the election results have already been certified in a number of key states, including Pennsylvania, and the formal transition process to the incoming Biden

Yea Jim just like 2016.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're making fun of my recollection of history?

Have democrats not been saying since November 2016, that Russia played a role in Trumps win? What's the evidence of that, exactly?

And did democrats not spend years trying to undo that election? Various witch hunts? Tax returns, russian collusion, quid pro quo? Endless claims that he was an illegitimate president? Democrats and media talking heads didn't call him illegitimate for the whole term?

Instead of simply saying my recollection of history is wrong, why not go a bit further and show us? What did I say, which didn't happen?
Old 11-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #572
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You're making fun of my recollection of history?

Have democrats not been saying since November 2016, that Russia played a role in Trumps win? What's the evidence of that, exactly?

And did democrats not spend years trying to undo that election? Various witch hunts? Tax returns, russian collusion, quid pro quo? Endless claims that he was an illegitimate president? Democrats and media talking heads didn't call him illegitimate for the whole term?

Instead of simply saying my recollection of history is wrong, why not go a bit further and show us? What did I say, which didn't happen?
Jim buy a dictionary and look up fraud then influenced

Your getting more desperate in every post
Old 11-25-2020, 09:55 PM   #573
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, when “winning the internet and owning the libs” is dependent on belief and support of a corrupt demagogue, you’re in a tough spot.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #574
wdmso

More than 91,500 people were hospitalized with the virus on Saturday, with 18,000 in intensive care units. That's according to data compiled by the COVID Tracking Project, which collects and analyzes data from across the United States. Over 6,000 patients were on ventilators.

And Trumps Golfing And claiming election fraud ,, Saw he has golfed a 5th of his time in office

But his base was outraged when the black guy golfed
Old 11-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #575
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More than 91,500 people were hospitalized with the virus on Saturday, with 18,000 in intensive care units. That's according to data compiled by the COVID Tracking Project, which collects and analyzes data from across the United States. Over 6,000 patients were on ventilators.

And Trumps Golfing And claiming election fraud ,, Saw he has golfed a 5th of his time in office

But his base was outraged when the black guy golfed
what do you suppose biden would have done if potus, to improve those numbers?

guy keep saying trump blew it, but can’t give any specifics. meaning, you don’t know why you’re saying it.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #576
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

guy keep saying trump blew it, but can’t give any specifics. meaning, you don’t know why you’re saying it.
But everyone has and all you do is recite Tweety’s gaslighting

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #577
wdmso

Quote:

Jim he didn’t even attempt to care that COVID was a problem ... isn’t that enough , and he still doesn’t
Old 11-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #578
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim is going down with the ship, defending the indefensible and convinced nobody could have done more. I’d say nobody could have done worse, not a single candidate on either side, which is why this country kicked his sorry good for nothing arse to the curb.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:47 PM   #579
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim is going down with the ship, defending the indefensible and convinced nobody could have done more. I’d say nobody could have done worse, not a single candidate on either side, which is why this country kicked his sorry good for nothing arse to the curb.
i didn’t defend trump. i merely asked for an example. only a group of guys who all share unsupported beliefs would criticize me for asking for an example.

“i’d say nobody could have done worse.”

ok. then tell me what you suspect biden would have done better, exactly? last spring we were shut down, everyone was wearing masks, we worked to ramp up testing and vaccines and protective gear.

give me specifics? accurate specifics if it’s not too much to ask?

i think trumps tone was waaay to casual early on, but in practical terms, i don’t see that it mattered much. the policies he enacted indicate plenty of urgency. enough so that cuomo and newsom each praised trump for helping their states.

GS, what would you say about cuomos policy of forcing nursing homes to admit covid positive patients? long after we all knew that it targeted the elderly?

or pelosi and diblasio saying in late february that it was safe to go out in crowded public places?

lemme guess, trump made them
do it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-29-2020 at 11:03 PM..
Old 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #580
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh no Jim evidence this virus was in the US long before it was public, there goes that default travel ban argument and now Barr has called the election final, you going to be OK?
Old 12-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #581
wdmso

RI opening field hospitals US hits nearly 2,600 COVID-19 deaths in one day -- the highest since April

Let me guess it’s just more testing , and these deaths are the Flu
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #582
wdmso

Republicans Make Up 70% Of The Members Of Congress Who Have Tested Positive For Covid-19 Hummm?
Old 12-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #583
Pete F.
Canceled

A record 3,157 Americans died yesterday from covid-19, meaning that more than 1 out of 100 of our pandemic fatalities occurred in those 24 hours.

Meanwhile, a deranged Trump soothes his wounded ego by spreading insane, destructive lies about the election he lost.
And Trumplican leadership......crickets
Old 12-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #584
wdmso

Trump tweets over 400 times about the election since Election Day. Guess how many COVID tweets. 1. Saying Rudy has covid
Old 12-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #585
Pete F.
Canceled

Touched by Trump’s tweet this morning honoring the lives lost in Pearl Harbor on this date and admitting we are now losing more Americans every day than we lost in those attacks due to his lack of morals and leadership.
Just kidding, he tweeted about himself and attacked Kemp.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #586
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Left, middle or Right. pointing fingers is not going to keep you safe from the global dominators. There is more to this virus than you know.
listen to this guy and see if he makes any good points, when you put everything together that is going on you will get the picture. If you don't want to think for yourself, go ahead and continue to be a manipulated useful idiot sheep.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #587
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Left, middle or Right. pointing fingers is not going to keep you safe from the global dominators. There is more to this virus than you know.
listen to this guy and see if he makes any good points, when you put everything together that is going on you will get the picture. If you don't want to think for yourself, go ahead and continue to be a manipulated useful idiot sheep.

one sheep clearly isn’t thinking at all

Same guy who said it’s lab made in February

James Lyons-Weiler. We’ve met him once before on this blog, when he attacked a study that found that autism is primarily genetic. In brief, he’s a former scientist. (I say “former” because he has abandoned good science in favor of antivaccine pseudoscience and no longer rates that title in my estimation, given the sorts of antivaccine pseudoscience he’s published

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/jam...iracy-vaccine/
Old 12-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #588
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
So we're manipulated useful idiot sheep because we don't want to think for ourselves yet you are telling us to watch someone who will tell us how to think? 🤣
Old 12-07-2020, 09:36 PM   #589
Slipknot
Super Moderator

China is the one to watch out for, not Russia. Plenty of sheep in the world as long as everyone is using labels.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #590
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I chuckled today because during the NBC Nightly Lester Holt was talking how we can get toward Herd Immunity.

The gaslighting is actually quite amazing.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #591
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

My sister the biggest hypochondriac and anti vaccine person I know would love that, personally I will go with real science and be happy to roll up my sleeve when I can get one.

The irony is my sister who won’t even get a flu shot is always complaining about being sick.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #592
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I chuckled today because during the NBC Nightly Lester Holt was talking how we can get toward Herd Immunity.

The gaslighting is actually quite amazing.

You know the fringe groups on this are Adopting a strategy of natural herd immunity or Aka let the Virus run it’s course .. It’s criminal and it’s unethical,” we are seeing how well that’s going
Aka slipknots you tube guy the anti mask crowd anti lock down folks

And medical based professionals who clearly see that idea as. It’s criminal and it’s unethical,” and suggest herd immunity can be reached thru mass vaccination social distance and Masks reduces transmission and then Herd immunity could possible occurs I stress Could because their is no science to suggest it’s out come is certain

so how is Holt Gas lighting because I listed there are 2 distinct roads to possible herd immunity which one was he speaking

Because Republicans plan of doing nothing clearly is doing nothing to slow the spread of Covid

And this is why many area who were against Mask because it was an infringement on their Right (BS)

Are now being impacted by Covid and are saying WTF , maybe we need to re think this
Old 12-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #593
PaulS

The Pres. said:

'You develop immunity over a period of time. And I hear we're close to 15% [of Americans], I'm hearing that, and that's terrific, that's a very powerful vaccine in itself,' he told reporters on Tuesday.

280K deaths "terrific"
Old 12-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #594
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #595
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Pres. said:

'You develop immunity over a period of time. And I hear we're close to 15% [of Americans], I'm hearing that, and that's terrific, that's a very powerful vaccine in itself,' he told reporters on Tuesday.

280K deaths "terrific"
You can't assume trends from one example, but my sister in law tested positive last summer, and just tested positive again last week. She's an ER nurse. Maybe she was one in a million. Or maybe there will be no herd immunity as the strand changes slightly...
Old 12-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #596
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The Pres. said:

280K deaths "terrific"
Trump said it is “terrific” that 15 percent of the population has been infected with COVID (we were at 11.7% as of Nov. 28, per CDC). He meant that as a suggestion we’re getting towards herd immunity, which would be around 70%. So, clearly, not close and very much not terrific

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #597
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Is someone’s time out over, hey in case you miss something, you owe John’s charity of choice $100 and let your fellow “easy” money comrade Ronny know. Unless of course you are in the delusional camp thinking Trump will get a second term.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #598
PaulS

Quote:
You can't assume trends from one example, but my sister in law tested positive last summer, and just tested positive again last week. She's an ER nurse. Maybe she was one in a million. Or maybe there will be no herd immunity as the strand changes slightly...
My niece is a nurse also but in the Nicu. Brave people (along with anyone who works on the front lines). Tell her when people hear she is a nurse they say how brave they are. I tell my niece things like that all the time.

My brother knows one person who had it twice. Hopefully, there aren't that many.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #599
Jim in CT

Quote:
My niece is a nurse also but in the Nicu. Brave people (along with anyone who works on the front lines). Tell her when people hear she is a nurse they say how brave they are. I tell my niece things like that all the time.

My brother knows one person who had it twice. Hopefully, there aren't that many.
15 year old in my neighborhood also tested positive this week, he tested positive last spring as well. who
knows.

i agree with every syllable
of your post, well said. merry christmas paul!!
Old 12-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #600
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think a lot of people lump together the terms Covid 19 and Coronavirus and that causes some confusion. When you get tested they are testing for the presence of the coronavirus, not Covid 19. Covid19 is the illness that people develop from the virus. Covid 19 is from a diagnosis, not a test.

IMHO people can probably be testing positive multiple times for its presence but their immune systems fight it off pretty handily, hence the amount of asymptomatic people.

Just my 2 cents