Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You're in the wrong thread, so tell me did you work hard to be this much of a moron, or are you the product of a combination of enthusiastic inbreeding and a mother who spent her pregnancy huffing paint thinner while servicing her other clients in a truckstop bathroom?
i know i’m on a different thread, but you keep
ignoring the other one, so uncovering more bases.

When i ask you to explain the inconsistency in your view of putting kids in cages, and all you can do is call me a moron, i’ve won.

you just can’t ever admit that a liberal was wrong or a conservative was right. You’re physically incapable of it. And i’m the moron.

So tell us, what’s the maximum number of times you can put kids in cages, before you forfeit your Noble Peace Prize and stand trial
at Nuremberg, anyway?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-28-2020, 06:11 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

You're like a dog with a pull toy, go read the other threads..........

I'm not going to spend the time to put up the documents on the difference between the previous admins and this one.

He'll be gone soon, he's backed up to the sea right now.

"If you lie to the court, there are penalties for that."

Former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann explains the possible downsides for the White House if it pursues the claim of executive privilege

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-28-2020, 06:32 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're like a dog with a pull toy, go read the other threads..........

I'm not going to spend the time to put up the documents on the difference between the previous admins and this one.

He'll be gone soon, he's backed up to the sea right now.

"If you lie to the court, there are penalties for that."

Former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann explains the possible downsides for the White House if it pursues the claim of executive privilege
i read the other threads. Nowhere did you state what the maximum number of allowable cagings is, before one becomes a
monster.

i’ll just assume
that you don’t have an answer, but you know it’s one more than obama did.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #94
Sea Dangles

Pete is acting trapped. I have to admit that it makes me smile.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i read the other threads. Nowhere did you state what the maximum number of allowable cagings is, before one becomes a
monster.

i’ll just assume
that you don’t have an answer, but you know it’s one more than obama did.
It’s choosing to take ALL the children from the parents, every single one that’s the problem.
You’ve said before that they deserve it. Shouldn’t have brought their children.
Go chase your tail........

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s choosing to take ALL the children from the parents, every single one that’s the problem.
You’ve said before that they deserve it. Shouldn’t have brought their children.
Go chase your tail........
again, it’s ok to take some, or
most, but not all?

Makes all kinds of sense.

I’m chasing nothing. I’m leading you around by the nose.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The trial has started 3 days into the Trial the murder weapon has been found and ballistics match the weapon ...

Republicans think that because it wasnt found by the (House) prior to the Senate its not relevant

But somehow hunter Biden is

Again I have no illusions the Senate will not remove him... But I guess the American people and the historical record should be denied this new information from a 1st hand witness,,

And republicans beating the Drum of let the voters decide and overturning an election BS , Yet they dont want to present anything that may damage the POTUS how upstanding putting Trump before the Voters ..
There was no crime. Ukraine received the money . . . before the due date . . . there was no victim . . . there was no quo. Does Bolton's, excerpt dispute that?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:50 AM   #98
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The bank robber leaves the bank without money, no crime he can go free, just because you repeat it like the lame arguments his defense put forward, doesn’t make what he did not an impeachable offense.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The bank robber leaves the bank without money, no crime he can go free, just because you repeat it like the lame arguments his defense put forward, doesn’t make what he did not an impeachable offense.
Your silly analogy notwithstanding, Trump did not commit a crime. He did not, as you would have it, bribe anybody. Zelensky denies any attempt to bribe him. There was no victim. Ukraine got the money on time (and more substantial military aid than the previous administration gave Ukraine). That is not a lame argument. it is a fact.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:20 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Your silly analogy notwithstanding, Trump did not commit a crime. He did not, as you would have it, bribe anybody. Zelensky denies any attempt to bribe him. There was no victim. Ukraine got the money on time (and more substantial military aid than the previous administration gave Ukraine). That is not a lame argument. it is a fact.
but it’s a fact that doesn’t help liberals. and they can’t process such facts.

Trump is, literally, their North Star. Everything they see and hear is processed through an algorithm that asks the question “how does this make Trump look bad?”. It’s their entire being. WDMSO literally said, there are no facts which make democrats look bad or make republicans look good. Literally, not one single fact. It’s not easy to talk with these people.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:02 AM   #101
wdmso

Republican Senator states In An interview he want to read Boltons book transcript

So he can determine if Bolton would be a relevance witness

What an Amazing position to hold
Old 01-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #102
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I know crazy to think you would want to hear from a first hand witness, the VERY thing the right has been bitching about since this all started, be careful what you wish for Moscow Mitch.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #103
PaulS

Quote:
There was no crime. Ukraine received the money . . . before the due date . . . there was no victim . . . there was no quo. Does Bolton's, excerpt dispute that?
The money was released once they got caught and they knew the scam was up.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know crazy to think you would want to hear from a first hand witness, the VERY thing the right has been bitching about since this all started, be careful what you wish for Moscow Mitch.
so do you concede that the house voted to impeach, without having a single first hand witness to the alleged crimes?
Old 01-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #105
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The money was released once they got caught and they knew the scam was up.
That is pure speculation.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #106
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but it’s a fact that doesn’t help liberals. and they can’t process such facts.

Trump is, literally, their North Star. Everything they see and hear is processed through an algorithm that asks the question “how does this make Trump look bad?”. It’s their entire being. WDMSO literally said, there are no facts which make democrats look bad or make republicans look good. Literally, not one single fact. It’s not easy to talk with these people.
Again you cant read. (What Truths hurt Democrats , what truths benefit Trump haven't heard any . Was an response to your statement . here it is , Obviously, you’re only interested in the truth that helps democrats. ) But you read it as a statement of evidence that you twist in your head to have a secret meaning . All Outside the topic of the impeachment and Bolton
You do this a lot bring things from a non related threads and try to make them apply

You dwell in the conservative world of conspiracy and innuendo
Old 01-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #107
wdmso

Quote:
So many speculations in this case or coincidences I agree
Old 01-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #108
PaulS

Quote:
No, any reasonable person would recognize that when the Trump admin. saw other people now knew about the holdup and they then unfroze the $ w/in a day or 2 it was bc they got caught. I don't believe they ever gave any explanation for releasing the $.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Easy way to cure what you call "speculation"

Release the documents, everything in government has a paper trail.

Let the witnesses testify, lots of career staff had their hands on this.

Obstruction works, until the light reaches the evidence.

You may like not like John Bolton’s principles, but he’s very principled. He’s also smart. And he just loves a good fight. He's not planning to lose.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2020, 10:22 AM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
Easy way to cure what you call "speculation"

Release the documents, everything in government has a paper trail.

Let the witnesses testify, lots of career staff had their hands on this.

Obstruction works, until the light reaches the evidence.

You may like not like John Bolton’s principles, but he’s very principled. He’s also smart. And he just loves a good fight. He's not planning to lose.
If it requires all of this, then impeachment should not happen without it. You don't impeach to get evidence. You impeach because you have it. And it should not happen because of speculation.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #111
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
If it requires all of this, then impeachment should not happen without it. You don't impeach to get evidence. You impeach because you have it. And it should not happen because of speculation.
Plenty of evidence, boy the streets would be full of criminals and murders if they all needed to be caught with the bloody knife in the victims house.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Plenty of evidence, boy the streets would be full of criminals and murders if they all needed to be caught with the bloody knife in the victims house.
There isn't enough room in our prisons to house all the people that some others speculated committed a crime.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Congressional oversight is the duty of our elected representatives.
They requested the documents.
Floridaman refused to provide any.
Zero

But plenty will come out, most of it has been requested under FOIA and some has already been delivered.
It will all reach the light, a great deal of it prior to election day.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #114
Sea Dangles

Merry Impeachmas!
Old 01-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
Congressional oversight is the duty of our elected representatives.
They requested the documents.
Floridaman refused to provide any.
Zero

But plenty will come out, most of it has been requested under FOIA and some has already been delivered.
It will all reach the light, a great deal of it prior to election day.
OK. And if that all discovers a real reason for impeachment, then that would be the proper time for it.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No, any reasonable person would recognize that when the Trump admin. saw other people now knew about the holdup and they then unfroze the $ w/in a day or 2 it was bc they got caught. I don't believe they ever gave any explanation for releasing the $.
The holdup was not a secret that needed to be "caught." It was not illegal. Whether you like it or not, or if you believe your version of a "reasonable" person would think it was a crime, that is irrelevant. Whether or not you or your "reasonable" person didn't think there was any reason to delay the money, that is irrelevant. Trump had concerns about corruption. It his state of mind, not yours nor your "reasonable" person's state of mind that matters.

Imposing your speculative narrative on Trumps action is not a valid reason to impeach him.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Rumor has it, that Friday after the vote if it does not call for witnesses, John Bolton will release what would have been his opening statement.

Because revenge is a dish best served cold.

And Bolton is very politically astute.

We will see, at the very least it would make great campaign material against Floridaman and the Trumplicans.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #118
Sea Dangles

🍔
Old 01-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
🍔

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #120
Sea Dangles

🍔🤡