Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Perry Is Finished.

Since Perry's hunting camp even tho it was his fathers prior to had the "N" word on the entrance and painted over his run for President is over.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
EarnedStripes44

Good riddance
Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Raven

thinking of him as President
was a scary proposition at Best

plus he wanted US military to go
down to mexico and play DEA.

I can see them involved doing it in the USA
which will come to pass......... in due time

but not down there...
no one can be trusted
talk about...."and heads will roll"
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Jim in CT

This rock thing would not amount to much, I don't think. Perry torpedoed his candidacy when he said that anyone opposed to offering discounted college tuition to children of illegals "doesn't have a heart". THAT doomed his candidacy. Most conservatives are adamantly opposed to offering financial incentives to reward criminal behavior, and that doesn't make us heartless, it just means that we are not stupid.

Romney will soon seperate himself from the pack, he'll win the nomination. If he's smart enough to pick Marco Rubio as his VP, then Obama will have no chance of an electoral college victory unless the economy improves, and no one is predicting that.

This election will come down to 2 things, and only 2 things. (1) How well will Obama do with independent voters in the states that are up for grabs (FL, NC, VA, PA, OH, CO, NV, NH). Right now, Obama is polling miserably with independents. And (2), which side will have a more enthusiastic turnout on election day? Right now, all the enthisiasm is with the tea party, and from where I sit, the libs are really coming unglued. It could well be a rout. And I can hear Obama's concession speech now..."I guess America wasn't really ready to give a black man a chance to do his job..."
Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Fly Rod

Rubio said today, read my lips, " I will not take a vice president seat nor president."
Old 10-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Rubio said today, read my lips, " I will not take a vice president seat nor president."
I saw that. I'm not worried. They almost always deny interest in a higher job, although I admit that they don't usually deny it as emphatically as Rubio did (they usually leave themselves a little wiggle room). The convention is a year from now, if he gets asked, he'll have no choice. He's the most important Republican in the country, because he (1) gives them a lock on Florida, and (2) gives them a foothold into the Hispanic vote, and THAT is the key for the future of the GOP.

Unless Obama is a lock for re-election (which can only happen if the economy improves), Rubio will most likely be the VP.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I can hear Obama's concession speech now..."I guess America wasn't really ready to give a black man a chance to do his job..."

OCD?

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

OCD?
Nope, I don't have OCD. But I pay attention. The only thing Obama has had going for him, his whole life, is that he made people want to get out of his way because he's black.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
zimmy

Quote:
Nope, I don't have OCD. But I pay attention. The only thing Obama has had going for him, his whole life, is that he made people want to get out of his way because he's black.
same true about Herman Cain, I suppose? Oh no I guess not, Obama has that whole president thing going for him....

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
same true about Herman Cain, I suppose? Oh no I guess not, Obama has that whole president thing going for him....
Herman Cain grew up in the segregated south, and had a fantastic career resurrecting failed businesses.

Obama? What did he do, exactly, before getting elected president?

Zimmy, you cannot beat me, and here's why. I don't blindly support one side or the other. My opinions are based on compassion, common sense, logic, and an accurate knowledge of historical fact.

I can tell you, with compelling support, why I believe what I believe. All you can do is sling arrows, because liberal ideology necessarily requires the suspension of compassion, common sense, logic, and knowledge of historical fact. Liberal ideology is based on moral relativism, the belief that nothing is anyone's fault, and blaming rich whitey for everything.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
if Cain didnt do his job - shareholders, boards, clients, etc would have thrown him out. Money is color blind. He earned his keep.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Joe

What's up the idea that a CEO would make a good president? CEO's have no experience working in the public sector. Presidents should come from patrician families with a history of public service and should have spent their most of their working lives in the public sector or the military.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
What's up the idea that a CEO would make a good president? CEO's have no experience working in the public sector. Presidents should come from patrician families with a history of public service and should have spent their most of their working lives in the public sector or the military.
Really
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
zimmy

Quote:
I don't blindly support one side or the other. My opinions are based on compassion, common sense, logic, and an accurate knowledge of historical fact.
In your opinion...
I would argue your statement about Obama getting where he is because people got out of his way because he as black shows quite the opposite.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-13-2011 at 11:58 AM..

Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
What's up with the idea that a CEO would make a good president? CEO's have no experience working in the public sector. Presidents should come from patrician families with a history of public service and should have spent their most of their working lives in the public sector or the military.
Kinda sounds like a vote for Romney. .

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
In your opinion...
I would argue your statement about Obama getting where he is because people got out of his way because he as black shows quite the opposite.
Zimmy, instead of telling me I'm stupid, HOW ABOUT TRYING TO SUPPORT WHAT YOU SAY WITH SOME FACTS.

I say Obama got where he is because he's black. He started in the IL state senate, where he set records for voting "present", because he didn't have the courage to stick his neck out. He spent 2 undistinguished years in the US Senate, where he did absolutely nothing of any consequence. That makes him qualified to be president?

Telling me I'm stupid is pretty easy. Trying to show that I'm wrong is a lot harder, when you're dealing with someone who values common sense, logic, compassion, and truth.

Good luck.