Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Mayweather vs Ortiz

How can Mayweather take credit for a win like that?
Albeit Ortiz did head butt him, Mayweather showed
his true colors.
Ref was a asleep at the switch.

Only good thing for Ortiz is the $$ from what should be a re-match.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Mayweather is now 42-0, not too far from the Rocky's record of 49-0.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
striperman36
Old Guy

Mayweather suckah punched him.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

I didn't pay the $60, but heard they hit gloves at the start of the round then mayweather went at him, if so, what did he do wrong?
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
I didn't pay the $60, but heard they hit gloves at the start of the round then mayweather went at him, if so, what did he do wrong?
Ortiz went over to apologize for the third time after the head butt, the Ref hadn't
re-started the fight, they touched gloves while Ortiz was apologizing, more of a gesture then anything,the Ref was looking away, Ortiz looked to the Ref to restart the fight, as the Ref was staring blankly away from the fighters, and Merryweather sucker punched him with 2 shots that knocked him out.
No need for any of it as Merryweather was clearly winning every round
anyway.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
fishbones

The ref mishandled it. He was looking at the time keeper and never should have taken his eyes off the fighters. It was a cheap win, but Mayweather didn't do anything wrong. I hope someone comes along and knocks his block off, but I doubt it. The only guy who could probably beat him is Pacquiao and Mayweather's scared to fight him.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
zacs
D'oh

overall, the headbutt was super dirty, i thought.
i mean, he really pushed his head up and into FM.

The KO, I thought was fine. They touched glove, and Ortiz should have been ready to fight instead of f'ing around.

I thought the post fight interview was hilarious, but it showed a lack of class by FM.

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

I've watched Larry Merchant pull crap like that for 25 years. He needs an ass kicking even at age 80. The man is shameless.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
EarnedStripes44

You might want to throw in that Ortiz was just a kid, and he paid dearly on that inexperience. Floyd is point machine and controlled the fight from the opening bell. A cheap shot... maybe... after all they did touch gloves; but he probably didn't even need to do it to win. I fear boxing may become WWF wrestling.

He should just fight Pacquiao so he can hush the naysayers once and for all. Pacquiao would probably be the fastest opponent he's faced in quite some time, but I think Floyd is a smarter fighter. He is one of the greatest defensive fighters I have seen. Hopefully he won't let the fight value appreciate too long. He's not getting any younger; and I don't know if he has the heart of a Bernard Hopkins.
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote