Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #61
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Inspector General refers a whistleblower complaint as urgent and it’s meaningless?

Who has TDS again?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Funny that the person who needed a safe space immediately following the election would dare ask this question. I hope that clarified your misunderstanding.
Oh,and PeteF is the one who referred to the investigation as meaningless.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-23-2019, 03:42 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We're maybe hours from learning the promise Trump made and to which leader, less than 24 from him calling it fake news, two days away from Republicans being "troubled," three away from the WH admitting the story is true but Trump was "joking," four from the GOP falling into line.
Mitt Romney, a little late.
If the President asked or pressured Ukraine’s president to investigate his political rival, either directly or through his personal attorney, it would be troubling in the extreme. Critical for the facts to come out.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 03:46 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Thank you for conceding it is a meaningless investigation. At least you validate it as two wrongs trying to make a right.
Just bear in mind that 49 Republicans in the house and 8 in the Senate lost their seats after spending a year defending Nixon's corruption.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #64
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Just bear in mind that 49 Republicans in the house and 8 in the Senate lost their seats after spending a year defending Nixon's corruption.
Thank you for exposing that information Pete. You are truly one of God’s soldiers.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 AM   #65
scottw

he's replying to his own posts now soooooo......that's like talking to yourself...right?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:21 AM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Deep thoughts by scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he likes to remind us that he's not very bright...
Quote:
I laugh too much for an angry person...why do you constantly tell everyone that they are angry? I think you are projecting
Quote:
that's insightful
Quote:
Not insults. “Love taps”. Some people are just wound WAY too tight
Quote:
pretty sure nobody does
Quote:
oh stop...you know I love you
Quote:
it's tough reading....
Quote:
that would be awesome
Quote:
Quote:
they are going to lock you up Peto
Quote:
geeze...I wonder why the dummycraps aren't calling for an investigation of this?
Quote:
he's replying to his own posts now soooooo......that's like talking to yourself...right?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

And then we have clever thoughts from the leader of the Trump Defense Society

Quote:
If you had written we are then you wouldn’t be in this mess. But thanks for giving the three stooges a hat trick.
Quote:
Stay tuned as PaulS is about to say something clever.
Quote:
Did he intend to say we will?
Quote:
Great to see Trump’s approval ratings surpassed Obama.
Quote:
I guess this is clever,using the PeteF. grading curve.
Quote:
I believe you have an acute case of TDS.
Quote:
I simply support our leader.
Quote:
I know you get confused easily PeteF.
Quote:
Hey Stupe,Simply.
Not simple.
Even pAul is laughing at you. In his “I will blow you” emoticon.
Quote:
Story or fable?
Quote:
Smarten up
Quote:
Good job
Another gotcha!
Quote:
He just has TDS.
Quote:
Thank you for conceding it is a meaningless investigation. At least you validate it as two wrongs trying to make a right.
Quote:
Funny that the person who needed a safe space immediately following the election would dare ask this question. I hope that clarified your misunderstanding.
Quote:
Thank you for exposing that information Pete. You are truly one of God’s soldiers.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #68
scottw

Peto...you should try to appreciate....that wile you consume thousands of words to say absolutely nothing...others can efficiently and concisely use only a few words to convey succinct messages....
Old 09-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #69
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

[QUOTE=scottw;1174612]

Pete and Dangles need to learn how to use the ignore tool....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #70
Sea Dangles

I am so grateful to have a leader putting America first. It’s super to see somebody making the USA great again.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I am so grateful to have a leader putting America first. It’s super to see somebody making the USA great again.
Proof there are "Republican" Comedians

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
I think he was being a little bit sarcastic. As for safe spaces you keep bringing this up but I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #73
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
How about, NOW, we stop all these politically driven "investigations" and get on with actually solving the real problems our Republic has.
I'm not sure how the Ukraine issue Trump has hanging over his head can be considered a "politically driven investigation."

A whistle-blower did their job. The Inspector General did their job. Now it's time for Congress to do their job and lookie we have another cover up. If anyone is being political here it's the Administration.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #74
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I think he was being a little bit sarcastic. As for safe spaces you keep bringing this up but I have no idea what you're talking about.
Hyperbole Jeff?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #75
detbuch

Quote:
I'm not sure
I don't blame you. How can you be sure if all the facts are not known?
Old 09-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #76
spence

Quote:
I don't blame you. How can you be sure if all the facts are not known?
Sounds like a good reason to release the whistle blower report to Congress so they can provide oversight, just like a healthy government is intended to perform.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #77
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Sounds like a good reason to release the whistle blower report to Congress so they can provide oversight, just like a healthy government is intended to perform.
Oversight, three equal branches, treasonous speech.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

As expected, liberals spent most of the weekend screaming “IMPEACH!” over news that President Donald Trump had again done something that is likely an impeachable offense.

This time around it involves a phone call with the incoming Ukranian president, a whistleblower report regarding that phone call that a Trump appointee found to be of “urgent concern” and a blatant attempt by the president of the United States to get a foreign country to interfere in the 2020 election.

Will these libs ever just give it a rest?

Because he’s super good at doing crimes, Trump and his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, spent the weekend effectively acknowledging that they did, in fact, try to get a foreign power to launch an investigation into widely debunked allegations against Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

That’s just good presidenting right there: You know there’s a debunked scandal against your potential opponent. You know facts are stupid. So you lean on a foreign country to reincarnate a dead scandal and then let that zombie scandal eat what’s left of your supporters’ brains.

What president wouldn’t do that, aside from all presidents who came before Trump?

To make this easy for the weak-minded lefties, I’m going to detail five iron-clad reasons Trump should not be impeached for committing — and admitting to committing — an impeachable offense.

The story behind Joe Biden’s son, Ukraine and Trump’s claims »
1) Trump is pulling a reverse-Nixon, and you can’t impeach a president who pulls a reverse-Nixon.

In 1973, President Richard Nixon famously denied involvement in the Watergate cover-up by saying, “I am not a crook!” Articles of impeachment would’ve been filed against Nixon had he remained in office.

But Trump’s reverse-Nixon has him effectively saying, “I am a crook!”

On Sunday, in perfectly normal and easy-to-understand English, the president spoke about the call in which he reportedly pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to relaunch a closed investigation into Biden: “The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, was largely corruption, all of the corruption taking place, was largely the fact that we don’t want our people, like Vice President Biden and his son, creating to the corruption already in the Ukraine.”

So there it is. Did the president of the United States ask the president of a foreign country that was eagerly awaiting $250 million in U.S. aid to target a political opponent? Yes. Is that a clear attempt by Trump to use the power of his office to benefit himself and put self-interest above the interest of the nation? Heck yeah! Is the administration breaking the law and engaging in a cover-up by keeping the whistleblower report relating to this matter from congressional oversight committees? Yeppers.

But because Trump up and admitted it all — successfully pulling off the never-before-achieved reverse-Nixon — there’s no way Congress can impeach. Look it up, it’s in the Constitution. Probably.

2) Trump is having fun committing impeachable offenses, and it would be mean to stop him now.

On Sunday, New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted about the Ukraine scandal: “The president, per people close to him, is enjoying all this as it plays out.”

Clearly, Trump gets a real kick out of “triggering the libs” by mowing down the fundamental standards of our democracy and “faithfully executing the Office of President of the United States” only in the literal, murdering it sense.

Don’t take that away from him. Maybe he’s the self-proclaimed most successful president ever because he gets to commit impeachable offenses without consequence. Everyone deserves some joy in life.

3) You can’t impeach Trump for doing bad things because other people may also have done bad things, possibly.

The minute you bring up any alleged misdeed by Donald Trump, his supporters scream, “OH YEAH, WELL WHAT ABOUT THAT TIME (INSERT NAME OF EVIL LIBERAL) DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING?!?”

They will have no factual basis for their argument, but that doesn’t matter because they say it forcefully and refuse to admit they’re wrong. That, as any first-year law student will tell you, makes it true.

Biden: ‘Trump deserves to be investigated’ over Ukraine call »
For example, if I murder someone, I can just make up a story about how another person murdered someone and didn’t get charged, and that would insulate me from prosecution.

So did Trump violate his oath of office? Yes. But did Hillary Clinton violate her oath of office when she was president by allowing aliens to lure rural Americans to untoward sex parties in the basement of a pizza parlor? Absolutely.

Game. Set. Match.

4) Impeaching Trump would damage the Democrats’ carefully honed “We’re too afraid to impeach Trump” brand.

Congressional Democrats have spent the past three years not flexing their political muscles and pretending Trump is a normal political figure who can be contained by silly things like “rules” and “laws” and “basic common decency.”

Their inaction has emboldened Trump to think he can just get on the phone with a foreign leader and ask him to dig up dirt on a political opponent. Why would Democrats want to undo all the non-good they’ve done by suddenly cracking down on a lawless president? Totally off-brand.

5) Impeachment will rile up Trump’s base and divide the country, two things that are definitely not already happening.

If Democrats try to impeach President Trump, his supporters — known for their calm demeanor and openness to hearing both sides — might get angry. That would be terrible for Democrats’ chances of winning over people who think Trump — who according to the Washington Post’s fact-checker has told more than 12,000 false or misleading claims in less than 1,000 days — is a great truth-teller.

It also might divide the country by exposing the extent of Trump’s corruption and giving the truth a chance to win out.

Which would be terrible. For Donald Trump.

rhuppke@chicagotribune.com

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #79
detbuch

Quote:
Sounds like a good witch hunt. Another one.

Now that you and the Dems and the media insist on investigating abuse of power, Biden's flagrant abuse of it can be thoroughly investigated. Since that's what instigated all this.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
Sounds like a good witch hunt. Another one.

Now that you and the Dems and the media insist on investigating abuse of power, Biden's flagrant abuse of it can be thoroughly investigated. Since that's what instigated all this.
Whos the POTUS. Clearly not Biden
Old 09-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #81
spence

Quote:
I'm curious, are you being hand fed or just paid to say these things.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #82
wdmso

Mr Biden was not the only public official - in the US, among EU countries and in Ukraine - calling for Mr Shokin's removal.Mr Shokin's replacement, Yuriy Lutsenko, continued to investigate Burisima for 10 months before ending all legal proceedings.. again facts and truth can not sway the rights love for conspiracy theories .. this is why they their not intrested when Trump does what he does its true. The only conspiracy they see is everyones out to get Trump
Old 09-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Whos the POTUS. Clearly not Biden
Biden was Vice-President.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
I'm curious, are you being hand fed or just paid to say these things.
Is that all that you're curious about? You might want to elevate your perspective on who or what I am. On the other hand, that might be too strenuous. I'm OK with your low opinion of me. It's consistent with a lot of other things you say.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #85
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump being Trump, many keep forgetting why he ran in the first place and that his abuse of rules, regulations and the law is his MO throughout his life. He ran for fame and family fortune, if you think it was to make America great again, your either blind, deaf, dumb or a just a plain fool.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mr Biden was not the only public official - in the US, among EU countries and in Ukraine - calling for Mr Shokin's removal.Mr Shokin's replacement, Yuriy Lutsenko, continued to investigate Burisima for 10 months before ending all legal proceedings.. again facts and truth can not sway the rights love for conspiracy theories .. this is why they their not intrested when Trump does what he does its true. The only conspiracy they see is everyones out to get Trump
Calling for his removal is one thing. Threatening to withdraw promised money if it was not done is another.

BTW, Mr. Shokin has been interviewed about the matter, and he said that he was investigating Biden's son's actual qualifications and reasons for being hired by Burisma.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #87
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump being Trump, many keep forgetting why he ran in the first place and that his abuse of rules, regulations and the law is his MO throughout his life. He ran for fame and family fortune, if you think it was to make America great again, your either blind, deaf, dumb or a just a plain fool.
This is fair because it is just an opinion from a liberal fool. Trump keeps fighting for your rights,so enjoy them.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #88
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
This is fair because it is just an opinion from a liberal fool. Trump keeps fighting for your rights,so enjoy them.
I already pegged you, read my last sentence.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans BEFORE 10 DAYS AGO: Trump has never colluded with any foreign power and there has to be something seriously wrong with you to think otherwise

Trumplicans AFTER 10 DAYS AGO: Uh it's like the president's *job* to collude with foreign powers and if you didn't hate America you'd know it
Old 09-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #90
detbuch

Quote:
Trumplicans BEFORE 10 DAYS AGO: Trump has never colluded with any foreign power and there has to be something seriously wrong with you to think otherwise

Trumplicans AFTER 10 DAYS AGO: Uh it's like the president's *job* to collude with foreign powers and if you didn't hate America you'd know it
Has Trump and some foreign power cooperated in some illegal action?