Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
basswipe

Patriots sign Tebow!

Are you freakin' kidding me!!!

TEBOW!!!???REALLY!!!???
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

yep I just heard that
ridiculous
I don't know what they are thinking

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
wader-dad

May have talked him into being a tight end/H back. If they do and use him right the added thrill is to make the Jets look bad. That is partly behind it.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Signing Tebow is more STOOOOOPID than tuna fishing!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Yawn!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
t.orlando

Awesome........kids a smart, multi-talented winner with good character. He is not gonna replace Brady, and everyone including him knows that, but they will find something for him to do to contribute.
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
Awesome........kids a smart, multi-talented winner with good character. He is not gonna replace Brady, and everyone including him knows that, but they will find something for him to do to contribute.
Well said - In Bill We Trust
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
spence

As much as I hate to say it in a few months we're all going to be tebowing.

I think he's going to be used selectively and effectively.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #9
Raven

More power to him.....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

what tony said. IF he makes the team i'd like see him at H back, qb in flat out run plays or maybe even TE.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

He's a team player, Keeps his mouth shut, Avoids Social Media and the Limelight, does what he's told, and doesn't get in trouble off field. He's Big, Fast, and Tough....Why the hell would anybody want that on their team

I doubt very much they are paying him much and he still will have to make the team...

I don't see a down side to trying him out and see what he can bring to the table.

Plus it will be Soooo worth it to see him score a TD against that loudmouth Ryan and the Jets....because you know Belichik's ego will HAVE to make that happen

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

This team has its figurehead in Brady. Tebow brought in to be another cog, a piece of the puzzle. He has what Lombardi would be looking for.....character, smarts, and drive. Hopefully the media coverage drops off and only returns when his play merits being mentioned. I'll bet he is psyched, though.....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
yep I just heard that
ridiculous
I don't know what they are thinking
Nancy is beside herself.. she can't stand him.. thinks he's a big phony.... I told her I'll get her a Jersey if he makes the team ( in jest).. she told me she'd wear a Rothlessburger( she despises him as well) jersey before she wears a Tbow jersey...

personaly.. i think he( Belechick) just brought him in to screw with the JETS and Denver...I'll be surprised if he is still there in the regular season... but he was McDaniels pick in Denver...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
New Patriots Spiritual Mascott.
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm curious....what has this kid done to cause so many people to hate him?

He got cast off from Denver and said absolutely nothing negative on his way out the door. he spent a year in the zoo that is the Jets and sat on the bench quietly, and again was unceremoniously let go and said...nothing....not a Negative Tweet or Post...Just left.

Yet with all the thugs getting arrested, Raping women in hotels, beating their wives/girlfriends, and having multiple Baby-Mamas....people crap on this kid ...just don't get it

Granted he's not a very good QB, skills wise....but I don't see why he's so hated. He doesn't ask for any of the attention he gets....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
Saltheart

I agree TDF. The guy has been used and abused by the Jets and yet kept his mouth shut when released. I think personal integrity and character is sorely lacking in professional team sports. I am surprised he is with the Pats and if they just grabbed him to use him for publicity or to play with the Jets heads then shame on them. The guy deserves better. No I am not thinking he's a great player but he deserves to be treated better. As far as his playing goes , if he could improve just a little on his passing game I think he'd find a starting role easily. Not with the Pats but somewhere in the NFL. I wish him luck.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
This team has its figurehead in Brady. Tebow brought in to be another cog, a piece of the puzzle. He has what Lombardi would be looking for.....character, smarts, and drive. Hopefully the media coverage drops off and only returns when his play merits being mentioned. I'll bet he is psyched, though.....
Vince also looked for ability.

Between his time as a Giants assistant, and his years as HC of the Pack, he coached a #^&#^&#^&#^&load of Hall of Famers. Tebow will only get into the Hall with an admission ticket in his hand.

Let me ask you guys this---do you want to see Brady out of the line-up for one single snap, while this clown is at QB? Guy runs something like a 4.72 forty, which puts him in there with athletic offensive linemen. You want him carrying the ball on 3rd and 3, or you want Brady out there checking off 5 eligible receivers and getting the ball to one of them? Brady's numbers on short yardage 3rd and 4th down conversions are stratospheric.

H-back? TE? Can he even run a pass pattern?

He's a gimmick, and the Pats don't need gimmicks.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Maybe they know they will never get a full healthy season out of Gronkowski and figure the way Tebow runs its worth a try.
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

big if that he even makes the team, that said kid's a football player if he has anything this team will bring it out of him.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Let's see
Big
Strong
Aggressive
Smart
Hard worker
Good Athlete
Team Player
Good Human Being
Why would you want him on your team

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
Raven

pray for the Pats
go down on one knee- lol
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Vince also looked for ability.

Between his time as a Giants assistant, and his years as HC of the Pack, he coached a #^&#^&#^&#^&load of Hall of Famers. Tebow will only get into the Hall with an admission ticket in his hand.

Let me ask you guys this---do you want to see Brady out of the line-up for one single snap, while this clown is at QB? Guy runs something like a 4.72 forty, which puts him in there with athletic offensive linemen. You want him carrying the ball on 3rd and 3, or you want Brady out there checking off 5 eligible receivers and getting the ball to one of them? Brady's numbers on short yardage 3rd and 4th down conversions are stratospheric.

H-back? TE? Can he even run a pass pattern?

He's a gimmick, and the Pats don't need gimmicks.
While I respect your considerable football insight, history, and knowledge, Mike, the kid does have a Heisman... While that clearly does not translate into a HOF career in the NFL, to insinuate the kid has no ability is wrong.

As for your Brady question; if the ball isn't out of his hand in under three seconds, I would consider something else. More than three seconds and his completion stats fall off the cliff.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
While I respect your considerable football insight, history, and knowledge, Mike, the kid does have a Heisman... While that clearly does not translate into a HOF career in the NFL, to insinuate the kid has no ability is wrong.

As for your Brady question; if the ball isn't out of his hand in under three seconds, I would consider something else. More than three seconds and his completion stats fall off the cliff.
Pat Sullivan, Gary Beban, John Huarte and Eric Crouch also are Heisman QBs. Means jack.

Enjoy your gimmick.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #24
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

He must be here to break Flutie's drop kick record......
Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #25
Sea Dangles

Talking

The Pats have shown themselves as willing to take a risk on ability in the past from Dillon to Haynesworth. At this point I cheer for whoever wears the uniform and I don't consider myself as knowledgable on who can help our team as BB. This really can't even be considered a risk,financially or roster wise. If nothing else he can show his work ethic to rooks.I still remember the gimmick leading an 0-4 team to the playoffs....

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote