Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Mr. Sandman

Bruins game

Splurged on a few prime seats on the red line to yesterday's game against the caps. What a game! Took the kid and a couple of his hockey buddies and their dads. One of them caught a puck! It was great to see the players within a few feet. Kids had a blast and were thrilled with the action. You gotta love Lucic, this 19 year old guy has the Boston bruin spirit big time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	086.sm.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	26291  
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
kippy
Got Necco's?

Hey Jim, that's great you got to see them win. I went to the game Thursday against the Leafs..8-2 loss. At least the seats were free..

HAMMER TIME!
kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Lets hope they pick it up and play well in the playoffs.
I went to a Providence Bruins late last week with my kids, good take for short $
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
ThomCat

Nice to see that the Bruins can still generate all this attention.Where have you gone O'Rielly, Schmatz, Wensink, Sheppard, McNab, Jonathan, Park, etc., etc, .............

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Mr. Sandman

I like today's team. They don't have a superstars (crosby's ovechkins, etc) but we have a good number of players with above average nhl skills IMO. And the new "kids" are playing with heart. When the chemistry clicks it is like magic and they can (and have) beat anyone, and some of the newer players show tremendous drive. When it doesn't click, well, we saw what happens...they get crushed.
They know what they have to do.

I would've like to see them make a trade for a superstar but doubt anyone would agree with me. I would like the see them trade Tim Thomas for a big name offivensive player. I know Thomas is loved but we have good goal tending beyond him and since he is rated so highly and other teams need good goalies...it could buy us someone special in the goal scoring position ....but that is just me.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
teaser
Wave Jumper

Mr. Sandman do you mean you'd rather see them get rid of Tim Thomas because he's having it tough right now or is it because you think Manny Fernandez isn't worth what Tim Thomas is for trade value?

I think they should definately gid rid of Manny because he's got nothing left in him after he blew his knees out again and another one that should absolutely go is Ferrence ... he just plain sucks. If there is a critical turnover in a game you don't have to look very far to see it was his doing.

I like the B's overall even though they're a young team and getting a superstar isn't going to really make a drastic change for them, they just need to get the more experienced players to knuckle down and get back to basics and build off that like before when they were doing good.

Alex Auld is absolutely the best goaltender they have but we can probably say goodbye to him after this year because he's a free agent and Boston already has 2 tenders on contract and they're still looking at Rask for the future.

But I do still miss "The Big Bad Bruins" and I know we'll never see that era again. Ah, the memories ...

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Fishin' Blues

I was at the Thursday night game vs. The Tampa Lightning. If they don't start putting the puck in the net, they're going nowhere fast. The won 6 in a row a few weeks ago, but they blew all their momentum by losing 6 of their last seven.

Their lack of depth is a major concern. Chara gets hurt and misses some time and the look like the worst team in the league.

Their only saving grace is that the team trying to catch them, The Buffalo Sabres, are playing like crap as well.

Joe Thornton would look great on this team.
Fishin' Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #8
HOCKEYCOACH
f/v Fin-ish Work?

They didn't look bad today, Tim Thomas included. Think tim needed some rest after the blow-outs. Nice to see them stay in a game and comeback for win.
HOCKEYCOACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
Fishin' Blues

That was a BIG win yesterday.

If they take care of the Caps today, they'll look a lot better for the playoffs.
Fishin' Blues is offline   Reply With Quote