Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re saying one cannot like trumps policies but dislike him personally?

you’re insane.

58% of americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump, an all time record. and that was during a pandemic. That was an alltime record. an all tome record, is not an ambiguous result.

how do you explain that poll? enjoy’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4747228002

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump lost

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-16-2022, 08:56 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Virginia's new Republican governor, who banned critical race theory in schools, is launching a tip line for parents to report their kids' teachers

He said parents can report public-school teachers if they believe they're "behaving objectionably."

Gotto love the GOP facts need not apply all you need is a feeling

Youngkin banned the teaching of "inherently divisive concepts" on his first day in office. The order didn't define "divisive concepts, amazing
The party of big government and executive control

Limiting the power of local school districts, Virginia Gov. Youngkin signs law barring school mask mandates.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-17-2022, 05:31 AM   #93
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The party of big government and executive control

Limiting the power of local school districts, Virginia Gov. Youngkin signs law barring school mask mandates.
yes, barring mandates is good, nothing is stopping anyone from wearing masks, double masking, double masking and wearing gloves or from parents masking their children if they have concerns
Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yes, barring mandates is good, nothing is stopping anyone from wearing masks, double masking, double masking and wearing gloves or from parents masking their children if they have concerns
Yes, for the benevolent authoritarian, mandates are freedom, liberty is oppression.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, for the benevolent authoritarian, mandates are freedom, liberty is oppression.
All 3 Republicans running for Michigan Attorney General just stated that they oppose the ruling in Griswold v Connecticut which outlawed prosecuting married couples for using contraception.

You read that right.

We spent 20 years fighting the Taliban and they were here hiding under rocks all along. Good luck Michigan.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2022, 11:15 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
All 3 Republicans running for Michigan Attorney General just stated that they oppose the ruling in Griswold v Connecticut which outlawed prosecuting married couples for using contraception.

You read that right.

We spent 20 years fighting the Taliban and they were here hiding under rocks all along. Good luck Michigan.
You quote verbatim, without quotation marks nor attribution, a one-sided, uncomprehensive tweet by hyperpartisan, hyperauthoritarion Democrat Mich. AG Dana Nessel and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
Old 02-19-2022, 05:01 AM   #97
scottw

Quote:

quote verbatim, without quotation marks, nor attribution, one-sided, uncomprehensive , hyperpartisan, and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
that's our pete all day every day...
Old 02-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

BREAKING: Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares accepted multiple large campaign donations during this past month of session, which is illegal under Virginia law.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You quote verbatim, without quotation marks nor attribution, a one-sided, uncomprehensive tweet by hyperpartisan, hyperauthoritarion Democrat Mich. AG Dana Nessel and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
Are you denying what they said or just spinning

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Are you denying what they said or just spinning
Neither denying nor affirming. The devil is in the details. What is it in or about the ruling that they oppose, and why?
Old 02-21-2022, 07:10 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

In case you aren't following along, Florida Republicans —#^&having pushed through a ban on rape & incest victims getting abortions —#^&are now coming after birth control:
Old 02-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
In case you aren't following along, Florida Republicans —#^&having pushed through a ban on rape & incest victims getting abortions —#^&are now coming after birth control:
Sounds like it's time for one of your "poor victims" type memes.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #103
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Pro choice about masking and vaccines, but if your a women your rights to choose are going backwards, seems the GOP is loosing touch with how many women vote and are pro choice.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #104
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pro choice about masking and vaccines, but if your a women your rights to choose are going backwards, seems the GOP is loosing touch with how many women vote and are pro choice.
then it should help you in November and you should be happy...
Old 02-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #105
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
then it should help you in November and you should be happy...
Only if they are smart and acknowledge how important the mid term races at all levels are, but as we all know the mid terms are historically not kind to the incumbent party.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:00 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:
Only if they are smart and acknowledge how important the mid term races at all levels are, but as we all know the mid terms are historically not kind to the incumbent party.
oh that's right...most Americans are stupid...we learned that the other day

it's going to be much worse than "not kind"
Old 02-22-2022, 08:19 AM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
i’m about to destroy that stupid argument.Ready?

Do you believe women have the right to choose to hurt others?

No you don’t. We all agree no one has that right.

So the abortion issue has absolutely zero to do with a woman’s right to choose. It’s about one thing and one thing only…is the unborn a person?

Because if you beiueves it was a person, you’d also be opposed to abortion.

your side can’t frame this debate honestly for one second. So you pretend it’s about enslaving women, because that’s easier for you to defend.

you and i both agree that women can choose whatever they want as long as they don’t harm someone else. The abortion debate, then, only comes down to whether or not the unborn baby represents “someone else.”

would it kill you to be honest for a fraction of a second?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
From a good friend who moved to FL 2 years ago...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FL.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	68754  
Old 02-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #109
scottw

I wonder if leftists would support mandated pregnancy protection and a mandatory abortion vaccine...but I don't want to give them any ideas
Old 02-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #110
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i’m about to destroy that stupid argument.Ready?

Do you believe women have the right to choose to hurt others?

No you don’t. We all agree no one has that right.

So the abortion issue has absolutely zero to do with a woman’s right to choose. It’s about one thing and one thing only…is the unborn a person?

Because if you beiueves it was a person, you’d also be opposed to abortion.

your side can’t frame this debate honestly for one second. So you pretend it’s about enslaving women, because that’s easier for you to defend.

you and i both agree that women can choose whatever they want as long as they don’t harm someone else. The abortion debate, then, only comes down to whether or not the unborn baby represents “someone else.”

would it kill you to be honest for a fraction of a second?
You are entitled to your opinion, but row wade proved your opinion isn’t held by the majority, so that argument is a fail.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
The ban is only after the unborn baby is past 15 weeks of development. You forgot to mention that. That's kind of a lot of time, isn't it?

If you believe the unborn baby is a human being, that belief would not depend upon the circumstances of conception.

I think getting an abortion after one had consensual sex (the vast majority of abortions) and getting an abortion after being raped, are not morally equivalent. Those are two very different situations. But if you believe life begins at conception, it's totally consistent to not offer an exception for rape. Many people believe the baby is a human being, period, and that abortion is infanticide regardless of the circumstances of conception.

What are they doing with birth control?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #112
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, but row wade proved your opinion isn’t held by the majority, so that argument is a fail.
complete, cowardly dodge.

You said it's about enslaving women, It's not. And you know it.

"row wade proved your opinion isn’t held by the majority"

What in Gods name are you talking about? Roe wasn't decided by a national referendum. It was decided by 9 unelected judges.

And I completely agree that my position isn't a majority. Being unpopular, and being a failure, aren't exactly the same thing.

Anyway, I tried to engage you like an adult, but you dodged because I had a valid point.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:12 AM   #113
scottw

Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion, but row wade proved your opinion isn’t held by the majority,
how exactly?
Old 02-22-2022, 09:16 AM   #114
scottw

Quote:

but row wade proved....
and...good grief....
Old 02-22-2022, 10:15 AM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:
if your a women your rights to choose are going backwards, seems the GOP is loosing touch with how many women vote and are pro choice.
"if your a women your rights to choose are going backwards"

Only in states where voters chose to elect conservatives.

GS, that's how democracy works. Where did liberals get the idea, that "democracy" means liberals get their way every single time?

"seems the GOP is loosing touch with how many women vote"

Seems that a meaningful number of suburban women are less concerned with abortion rights at the moment, and more concerned with their schools, which they pay for, turning into liberal, woke sh*tholes. If you don't believe me, drive to the Virginia capital and see if you can find Governor McAuliffe.

If you're right, democrats will clean up in November.

Watch what happens with Hispanic voters in November. They are moving right.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

A month into his term, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s job approval is mixed, while support for his signature policy proposals is low.

Those are the findings of the annual State of the Commonwealth Poll, conducted by the Wason Center for Civic Leadership at Christopher Newport University.

Youngkin’s approval ratings, and respondents’ opinions on the direction of the commonwealth, are a muddle: 41% of respondents said they approve of the job Youngkin is doing, while 43% disapprove, and 16% said they don’t know. The differences were pretty well split among partisan lines, with 80% of Republican voters saying Virginia is heading in the right direction, compared to 22% of Democrats and 45% of independents.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #117
Jim in CT

Quote:
A month into his term, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s job approval is mixed, while support for his signature policy proposals is low.

Those are the findings of the annual State of the Commonwealth Poll, conducted by the Wason Center for Civic Leadership at Christopher Newport University.

Youngkin’s approval ratings, and respondents’ opinions on the direction of the commonwealth, are a muddle: 41% of respondents said they approve of the job Youngkin is doing, while 43% disapprove, and 16% said they don’t know. The differences were pretty well split among partisan lines, with 80% of Republican voters saying Virginia is heading in the right direction, compared to 22% of Democrats and 45% of independents.
"A month into his term, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s job approval is mixed,"

A year into Biden's term, Biden's approval ratings are not mixed, not ambiguous in any way.

Yet you desperately avoid talking about that, and think that Youngkins approval one month in, is relevant.

You are hysterical.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:40 PM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
complete, cowardly dodge.

You said it's about enslaving women, It's not. And you know it.

"row wade proved your opinion isn’t held by the majority"

What in Gods name are you talking about? Roe wasn't decided by a national referendum. It was decided by 9 unelected judges.

And I completely agree that my position isn't a majority. Being unpopular, and being a failure, aren't exactly the same thing.

Anyway, I tried to engage you like an adult, but you dodged because I had a valid point.
I keep forgetting how very important it is to make sure all my words are chosen carefully because you and others are not always able to get the full meaning or the gist of every post, I should have clearly stated the movement leading up to Row vs Wade proved a large majority of women want to choose what is right for them, not some holier than thou churchgoer telling her what is right and wrong.

But hey thanks for the lesson in the courts, I'm just amazed at what I can learn reading your post, too funny you assuming that's what I meant.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:24 PM   #119
Jim in CT

Quote:
I keep forgetting how very important it is to make sure all my words are chosen carefully because you and others are not always able to get the full meaning or the gist of every post, I should have clearly stated the movement leading up to Row vs Wade proved a large majority of women want to choose what is right for them, not some holier than thou churchgoer telling her what is right and wrong.

But hey thanks for the lesson in the courts, I'm just amazed at what I can learn reading your post, too funny you assuming that's what I meant.
you completely lied about my sides stance, and i pointed it out. sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:26 PM   #120
Jim in CT

Quote:
I women want to choose what is right for them, not some holier than thou churchgoer telling her what is right and wrong.
why does your side then flip flop on letting them choose vaccines and masks?

in those cases, do they need some holier than thou liberal telling them what is right and wrong?

the rights stance is consistent ( women can do what they want, as long as they don’t harm someone else). the left is flip flopping depending on the specific issue.