Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The answer from the politicians passing these laws

It’s what our gerrymander constituents want .

T
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Please explain how a governor benefits from gerrymandering. A governor wins a statewide election. Do you know what "statewide" means?
Old 03-15-2022, 07:46 AM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
The answer from the politicians passing these laws

It’s what our gerrymander constituents want .

They called it leadership when it’s just playing to the Mob

These same people will be ok with camps …. to house these deviants
! If that’s what their constituents want !

All the pieces are in place , They just need Trump back in office.

Because they know he will willingly destroy whatever they want and He’s the key
"These same people will be ok with camps …. to house these deviants "

Who is saying they want camps?

"They just need Trump back in office. Because they know he will willingly destroy whatever they want"

What, exactly, did Trump destroy during his term at the behest of the right wing mob?

Wayne, are liberals more tolerant of differing opinions? What happens to Christian bakers who would rather not participate in a gay wedding for religious reasons? Does the left say "we respect your right to religious freedom"? Or does the left try to force them out of business?

Conservative speakers are regularly hounded from college campuses. Does it ever happen to liberal speakers?

Plenty of close-mindedness on your side too. But you'll never, ever admit it, despite endless video evidence.

The left describes everyone not on the left, as a hatemonger. Hilarys deplorable a speech was the single greatest example of liberal
tolerance and willingness to embrace differing ideas. In November, we'll see how America feels about that. Trumps not on the ballot in november, neither is january 6. it’s a referendum on biden’s first two years, and unless something changes ( which it easily can), it’s going to be a disaster for democrats.

Won’t be a permanent disaster, if the gop takes control they’ll screw it all up too, and the pendulum will
swing back.

But it’s shaping up to be a real shellacking. i’m sure you don’t see it that way.

And the vast majority of america doesn’t watch fox. they are coming to these conclusions on their own. They see how rapidly things have deteriorated since Pudding Brain took office. Ever since rhe Afghanistan withdrawal, it’s been one disaster after another, except for the stock market and jobs.

america knows Putin didn’t cause the overall inflation. they know biden’s lying.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-15-2022 at 07:52 AM..
Old 03-15-2022, 08:01 AM   #153
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"These same people will be ok with camps …. to house these deviants "

Who is saying they want camps?

"They just need Trump back in office. Because they know he will willingly destroy whatever they want"

What, exactly, did Trump destroy during his term at the behest of the right wing mob?

Wayne, are liberals more tolerant of differing opinions? What happens to Christian bakers who would rather not participate in a gay wedding for religious reasons? Does the left say "we respect your right to religious freedom"? Or does the left try to force them out of business?

Conservative speakers are regularly hounded from college campuses. Does it ever happen to liberal speakers?

Plenty of close-mindedness on your side too. But you'll never, ever admit it, despite endless video evidence.

The left describes everyone not on the left, as a hatemonger. Hilarys deplorable a speech was the single greatest example of liberal
tolerance and willingness to embrace differing ideas. In November, we'll see how America feels about that. Trumps not on the ballot in november, neither is january 6. it’s a referendum on biden’s first two years, and unless something changes ( which it easily can), it’s going to be a disaster for democrats.

Won’t be a permanent disaster, if the gop takes control they’ll screw it all up too, and the pendulum will
swing back.

But it’s shaping up to be a real shellacking. i’m sure you don’t see it that way.

And the vast majority of america doesn’t watch fox. they are coming to these conclusions on their own. They see how rapidly things have deteriorated since Pudding Brain took office. Ever since rhe Afghanistan withdrawal, it’s been one disaster after another, except for the stock market and jobs.

america knows Putin didn’t cause the overall inflation. Only you and Republicans are suggesting that’s what he is saying that’s the actual lie they know biden’s lying.

Conservative lawmakers across the U.S. have unleashed a wave of state legislation attempting to restrict access to abortions and to gender-affirming medical care for transgender youth by allowing lawsuits to be filed against anyone who helps them.

But now there's a new twist in what appears to be a broader Republican strategy: Representatives in multiple states are pushing bills that would attempt to limit what residents can and can't do even beyond state lines.

Like I said camps are not and impossibility
Old 03-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
Conservative lawmakers across the U.S. have unleashed a wave of state legislation attempting to restrict access to abortions and to gender-affirming medical care for transgender youth by allowing lawsuits to be filed against anyone who helps them.

But now there's a new twist in what appears to be a broader Republican strategy: Representatives in multiple states are pushing bills that would attempt to limit what residents can and can't do even beyond state lines.

Like I said camps are not and impossibility
"Only you and Republicans are suggesting that’s what he is saying that’s the actual lie"

Oh, it's a Republican lie that Biden is blaming Putin for inflation?

Here, all the Republicans at NBC support my claim that Biden is telling this lie...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...as-ncna1291691

"Conservative lawmakers across the U.S. have unleashed a wave of state legislation attempting to restrict access to abortions "

And if people didn't want that, they'd elect liberals instead of conservatives. That's how democracy works, Wayne. You don't get what you want every single time. Why is it such a shock to you, still, that not everyone is exactly like you?

"Representatives in multiple states are pushing bills that would attempt to limit what residents can and can't do even beyond state lines."

Not sure what you mean, can you share a link?

"Like I said camps are not and impossibility"

No, that's not what you said. You said Republicans want camps. You lied.

I think my view on the sexual stuff is what most republicans share. I think people can, and should, do whatever they want, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. People's sexual preferences are absolutely none of my business. But I'd like it if we kept that to ourselves, don't shove it in my face at every turn. I don't want to have to see a gay pride parade any more than I want to see a parade of Chippendales dancers or Hooters waitresses. And don't tell a baker he must participate in a gay wedding if it violates his religious beliefs. Do whatever males you happy, but please leave me out of it. I don't shove my sexuality in anyone else's face, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

And no sexuality, whether it be heterosexuality or any other kind, needs to be in an elementary school. Let kids be kids for the brief time they are kids.

None of that is hateful, no matter how you try to spin it. I was in favor of gay marriage when Hilary and Obama were adamantly opposed.

Liberals would do well to grasp that tolerance is a two-way street. Liberals think "tolerance" means everyone has to tolerate them, but they aren't always willing to show it to others.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:15 PM   #155
wdmso

Quote:
"Only you and Republicans are suggesting that’s what he is saying that’s the actual lie"

Oh, it's a Republican lie that Biden is blaming Putin for inflation?

Here, all the Republicans at NBC support my claim that Biden is telling this lie...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...as-ncna1291691

"Conservative lawmakers across the U.S. have unleashed a wave of state legislation attempting to restrict access to abortions "

And if people didn't want that, they'd elect liberals instead of conservatives. That's how democracy works, Wayne. You don't get what you want every single time. Why is it such a shock to you, still, that not everyone is exactly like you?

"Representatives in multiple states are pushing bills that would attempt to limit what residents can and can't do even beyond state lines."

Not sure what you mean, can you share a link?

"Like I said camps are not and impossibility"

No, that's not what you said. You said Republicans want camps. You lied.

I think my view on the sexual stuff is what most republicans share. I think people can, and should, do whatever they want, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. People's sexual preferences are absolutely none of my business. But I'd like it if we kept that to ourselves, don't shove it in my face at every turn. I don't want to have to see a gay pride parade any more than I want to see a parade of Chippendales dancers or Hooters waitresses. And don't tell a baker he must participate in a gay wedding if it violates his religious beliefs. Do whatever males you happy, but please leave me out of it. I don't shove my sexuality in anyone else's face, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

And no sexuality, whether it be heterosexuality or any other kind, needs to be in an elementary school. Let kids be kids for the brief time they are kids.

None of that is hateful, no matter how you try to spin it. I was in favor of gay marriage when Hilary and Obama were adamantly opposed.

Liberals would do well to grasp that tolerance is a two-way street. Liberals think "tolerance" means everyone has to tolerate them, but they aren't always willing to show it to others.
So in a nut shell you support these Republicans who wish to criminalize what people do outside their states

If these actions are so supported as you suggest why are they never on the ballot in theses states ?
Old 03-15-2022, 03:21 PM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
So in a nut shell you support these Republicans who wish to criminalize what people do outside their states

If these actions are so supported as you suggest why are they never on the ballot in theses states ?
i asked you to explain the laws that would criminalize what people
do outside their state, because i honestly have no idea what you’re referring to.

wdmso, there probably isn’t a politician who i agree with 100% of the time. not one. i don’t expect to.

do you ever disagree with liberals
on anything? ever?
Old 03-15-2022, 06:17 PM   #157
scottw

Quote:

i asked you to explain the laws that would criminalize what people
do outside their state, because i honestly have no idea what you’re referring to.

just say yes...because in his mind, he's going to believe you said yes.... and then argue as though you did.... regardless...
Old 03-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #158
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

......like playing chess with a pigeon
Old 03-15-2022, 09:29 PM   #159
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
......like playing chess with a pigeon
Nearly sprayed my computer screen with what I was drinking . . . that was funny.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #160
wdmso

asked you to explain the laws that would criminalize what people

A google search would tell you everything you need to know
But you won’t

Here is some other proposed bills

Recently in Missouri, a state representative introduced a measure that would let people sue anyone they suspect of helping a resident get an abortion in another state.

More than 1,500 miles away, an Idaho bill seeking to ban gender-affirming care for youth would have made it a felony to help a child access care outside the state

It’s not a hard choice you agree or you disagree what details would make these OK?

Clearly these bills haven’t been put into law . But just their submission sends up red flags
Old 03-16-2022, 09:04 AM   #161
scottw

Quote:

gender-affirming care

this sends up red flags....
Old 03-16-2022, 09:06 AM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
asked you to explain the laws that would criminalize what people

A google search would tell you everything you need to know
But you won’t

Here is some other proposed bills

Recently in Missouri, a state representative introduced a measure that would let people sue anyone they suspect of helping a resident get an abortion in another state.

More than 1,500 miles away, an Idaho bill seeking to ban gender-affirming care for youth would have made it a felony to help a child access care outside the state

It’s not a hard choice you agree or you disagree what details would make these OK?

Clearly these bills haven’t been put into law . But just their submission sends up red flags
Sounds like there are a couple of conservative nutjobs out there, which we already knew. There's no way those laws can be constitutional.

I can fill the servers here with comparable examples of blatant unconstitutionality from the left, but you won't care, or ever admit it exists.

WDMSO, there are plenty of bad people and crazy people on both sides. Not just one side.

You ignore everything negative the left does, and ignore everything positive the right does. That must be a very soothing and reassuring approach for you to take, but it doesn't result in a meaningful comparison.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #163
scottw

Quote:

Sounds like there are a couple of conservative nutjobs out there, which we already knew.

at least a couple

no elected democrap nutjobs though
Old 03-16-2022, 10:39 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
at least a couple

no elected democrap nutjobs though
nope! the gop has the monopoly on imperfections.

Hank Johnson, US democrat congressman from GA, said he was concerned about building a base in Guam because it might cause Guam to tip over. He literally said that. He thinks Guam is a frisbee floating on the surface. But it’s incorrect and even racist to say he’s a stunningly stupid person.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:57 PM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

Someone elected a guy to the highest office in the land who wanted to nuke hurricanes, rake the forest, water bomb Norte Dame, thinks Putin is a genius, need I go on???
Old 03-16-2022, 01:24 PM   #166
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Someone elected a guy to the highest office in the land who wanted to nuke hurricanes, rake the forest, water bomb Norte Dame, thinks Putin is a genius, need I go on???
No. More nonsense is not helpful.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:15 PM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Replaced with an Alzheimers patient. Big improvement.

60% of americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump. Let's see how many say that bout Biden.

Saying Putin is smart, isn't the same thing as saying hes a good person.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:24 PM   #168
wdmso

Mississippi Governor Signs Law Limiting Race in Lessons
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves signed a bill Monday to limit how race can be discussed in classrooms, and it became law immediately.

the march to fascism continues
Old 03-16-2022, 04:55 PM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
Mississippi Governor Signs Law Limiting Race in Lessons
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves signed a bill Monday to limit how race can be discussed in classrooms, and it became law immediately.

the march to fascism continues
it’s fascist to prevent public teachers from making students feel guilty about their skin color…