Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Harris says “voters got what they ordered with Biden”

Biden explicitly promised a cure for cancer. Did we get that and i missed it?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...er-europe-trip
Old 03-13-2022, 09:22 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

I think it’s the anniversary of Infrastructure week, one of many
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-13-2022, 09:24 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Must have ordered off the kids menu, comes with ice cream too
Old 03-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
wdmso

My only expectation of Biden was to win and replace scumbag Trump .

Who then tried to steal the election

And people still want him to run again?
Old 03-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden explicitly promised a cure for cancer. Did we get that and i missed it?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...er-europe-trip

Don’t forget he duped the kids into thinking he will be paying off their student loans.

Then there’s the every 4th year pretending to give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about the black community to get their votes.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-13-2022, 10:27 AM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think it’s the anniversary of Infrastructure week, one of many

No it’s bend over & grab your ankles at the gas pumps week.
Coming weeks will be take it up the ass buying groceries week as the truckers pass along their increased cost

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I’ll bet your the guy in the room who lets out the nastiest smelling fart then looks around and says “Who Farted”

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I’ll bet your the guy in the room who lets out the nastiest smelling fart then looks around and says “Who Farted”
Wow ! are you posting from a playground ?

Spoken like a true Trump cult member
Old 03-13-2022, 01:39 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Wow ! are you posting from a playground ?

Spoken like a true Trump cult member

You must be s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g on Hunters crack pipe if you really believe the stuff you post.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-13-2022, 03:30 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You must be s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g on Hunters crack pipe if you really believe the stuff you post.
Are you talking about yourself again ? seek MH help
Old 03-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

by the way, you said it was inspirational that biden
promised to cure cancer.

if the head of Sloan Kettering is trying to motivate his staff, that’s inspirational.

Biden made that promise in order to get americans to give him something. he wanted votes and power. he said that if we gave him what he wanted, THEN he would
cure cancer.

It’s the dictionary definition of exploitative.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:19 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
by the way, you said it was inspirational that biden
promised to cure cancer.

if the head of Sloan Kettering is trying to motivate his staff, that’s inspirational.

Biden made that promise in order to get americans to give him something. he wanted votes and power. he said that if we gave him what he wanted, THEN he would
cure cancer.

It’s the dictionary definition of exploitative.
Your in fantasy land , if the majority of Americans who voted for Biden was so he could cure cancer.

Unless you are calling that cancer Trump ! Then yes that’s what happened !
Old 03-15-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your in fantasy land , if the majority of Americans who voted for Biden was so he could cure cancer.

Unless you are calling that cancer Trump ! Then yes that’s what happened !
i didn’t say “the majority.”

i said biden promised to cure gravely ill people, but only if he got elected. is that exactly what he said? or am
i lying?
Old 03-16-2022, 07:17 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

I suppose Biden could have said “ We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine,”
Old 03-16-2022, 07:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
I suppose Biden could have said “ We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine,”
or you could judge him based on what he actually said.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:55 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
or you could judge him based on what he actually said.
Of course, in the past administration your ilk explained away the political speech: it's his sarcastic, joking, exaggeration............

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Of course, in the past administration your ilk explained away the political speech: it's his sarcastic, joking, exaggeration............
Not me. I said 1,000 times that Trump is a world-class jerk. I can call him exactly what he is, I have zero problem doing exactly that.

You can't do the same with Biden. When faced with a direct statement from Biden that's the worst kind of exploitative lie, all you can do is (1) pretend he said something other than what he said, or (2) pivot to Trump. What you can't do, is criticize Biden for saying it. You are incapable of it.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #18
PaulS

So we were stuck with a Pres. who thinks windmills cause cancer and a Pres. who increased funding for the NIH and NCI, and full funding for the 21st Century Cures Act and the Beau Biden Cancer Moonshot Initiative at the NCI.

"A week later, on June 18, Trump made a similarly prophetic statement during his 2020 kickoff rally in Orlando, Florida, as he listed several agenda items for a second term.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,” he said. “And we’re getting closer all the time.”

I'm one who thinks we'll never cure cancer as it is many different diseases.

Hopefully we'll see Trump honor his promise to release his taxes.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So we were stuck with a Pres. who thinks windmills cause cancer and a Pres. who increased funding for the NIH and NCI, and full funding for the 21st Century Cures Act and the Beau Biden Cancer Moonshot Initiative at the NCI.

"A week later, on June 18, Trump made a similarly prophetic statement during his 2020 kickoff rally in Orlando, Florida, as he listed several agenda items for a second term.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others,” he said. “And we’re getting closer all the time.”

I'm one who thinks we'll never cure cancer as it is many different diseases.

Hopefully we'll see Trump honor his promise to release his taxes.
And here is the difference between me, and every single one of you guys.

I can say that Trump had zero business making that promise, it's a reptilian promise to make.

You'll enthusiastically bash Trump for fleecing people, but Biden gets a complete free amnesty from every single one of you. Every. Single. One.

And saying Biden increased funding for NIH tells us absolutely nothing. We increase funding for Hartford public schools all the time, that doesn't mean the schools are improving.

Liberals have a habit of assuming that quality ALWAYS increases proportionately with the price tag. It's not so.

"Hopefully we'll see Trump honor his promise to release his taxes"

Don't hold your breath.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:31 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
And here is the difference between me, and every single one of you guys.

I can say that Trump had zero business making that promise, it's a reptilian promise to make.

You'll enthusiastically bash Trump for fleecing people, but Biden gets a complete free amnesty from every single one of you. Every. Single. One.There is no comparison bt Trump lies and Biden (or any other person). No equivalance at all.

And saying Biden increased funding for NIH tells us absolutely nothing. We increase funding for Hartford public schools all the time, that doesn't mean the schools are improving.

Liberals have a habit of assuming that quality ALWAYS increases proportionately with the price tag. It's not so.

"Hopefully we'll see Trump honor his promise to release his taxes"

Don't hold your breath.
yawn
Old 03-16-2022, 11:48 AM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
There is no comparison bt Trump lies and Biden(or any other person). No equivalance at all.
Actual equivalence, other than in math, is rare. Is there an equivalence between Biden's lies with any other person? Lesser lies don't make them any less lies. A lie is a lie is a lie . . . and Biden lies a lot, including whoppers. Biden is far more a political person, a politician, than Trump. One of the essential ingredients of party oriented politicians is the consummate ability to tell smooth lies that appear to be the truth to those who want them to be the truth--the ability to seem like "lesser" liars who essentially only fib for the good of the people.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:13 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
yawn
"There is no comparison bt Trump lies and Biden (or any other person). No equivalance at all."

In terms of frequency? Is that all that matters, Paul?

Biden told a roomfull of blacks, that "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains".

Trump probably tells more lies. Has Trump ever told one, that's more destructive to the idea of having anything that unites us? You cannot make a more dishonest, disgusting, divisive statement than that. I'm not sure it's possible.

But Biden gets a total free pass from all of you, because you like his policies. You give free passes to jerks who are democrats.

But you expect republicans to refuse to support the jerks on our side.

It's funny.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Paul, George Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, are men of far superior moral character than Trump. But the media and the left hated them too. Bush was a moron and the second coming of Hitler, McCain was a senile old racist, Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hated women.

Your side can't give a fair portrayal of any republican ("fair" meaning an honest depiction of strengths and weaknesses). You all know that a fair/honest portrayal will likely make the republican seem like the one with better policy ideas (precisely why 60% of Americans said they were better off after 4 years of Trump), so you obsess over personal moral lapses, and if there aren't sufficient true examples to demonize the republican, you invent them, calling republicans every kind of hatemonger there is.

That's exactly what led to Trump.

Bush single-handedly caused the subprime mortgage crisis, but Biden has precisely zero ownership of the mess at the southern border, surging crime, or insane inflation.

I don't think Americans are buying that horsebleep anymore.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Paul, George Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, are men of far superior moral character than Trump. But the media and the left hated them too. Bush was a moron and the second coming of Hitler, McCain was a senile old racist, Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hated women.

Your side can't give a fair portrayal of any republican ("fair" meaning an honest depiction of strengths and weaknesses). You all know that a fair/honest portrayal will likely make the republican seem like the one with better policy ideas (precisely why 60% of Americans said they were better off after 4 years of Trump), so you obsess over personal moral lapses, and if there aren't sufficient true examples to demonize the republican, you invent them, calling republicans every kind of hatemonger there is.

That's exactly what led to Trump.

Bush single-handedly caused the subprime mortgage crisis, but Biden has precisely zero ownership of the mess at the southern border, surging crime, or insane inflation.

I don't think Americans are buying that horsebleep anymore.
In 1996 Border Patrol averaged 125,000 arrests a month w/only 6,000 agents. They have nearly 20,000 today! Stop feeding the crisis narrative. The only crisis on the border is the one CBP is creating for migrants. Border Patrol is NOT overwhelmed.

Crime today is about half of what it was at its peak in the 90s

I suppose you’re claiming that the sole cause of inflation is the rescue plan act.

"why are prices so high"

Companies are on track to do a record $1 trillion in stock buybacks this year - twice as much as five years prior.

Remember that the people who set prices are swimming in record profits and using the money to enrich themselves

And blat about food prices but no one ever seems to mention that four companies control 85% of all meat Americans eat.

And yes their profits are all doing quite well right now.

(P.S. 10 poultry execs are currently under indictment for alleged price-fixing)

We are 40 years into a consistent and undeniable pattern of deficits growing under GOP leadership and shrinking under Democratic leadership.

But just keep believing

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
In 1996 Border Patrol averaged 125,000 arrests a month w/only 6,000 agents. They have nearly 20,000 today! Stop feeding the crisis narrative. The only crisis on the border is the one CBP is creating for migrants. Border Patrol is NOT overwhelmed.

Crime today is about half of what it was at its peak in the 90s

I suppose you’re claiming that the sole cause of inflation is the rescue plan act.

"why are prices so high"

Companies are on track to do a record $1 trillion in stock buybacks this year - twice as much as five years prior.

Remember that the people who set prices are swimming in record profits and using the money to enrich themselves

And blat about food prices but no one ever seems to mention that four companies control 85% of all meat Americans eat.

And yes their profits are all doing quite well right now.

(P.S. 10 poultry execs are currently under indictment for alleged price-fixing)

We are 40 years into a consistent and undeniable pattern of deficits growing under GOP leadership and shrinking under Democratic leadership.

But just keep believing
So...

You're saying illegal crossings aren't way up under Biden...

You're saying crime isn't an issue, because it's not at an all-time high.

You're saying federal spending had absolutely nothing to do with inflation. By the way, corporate profits were high under Trump too, but without the inflation.

"We are 40 years into a consistent and undeniable pattern of deficits growing under GOP leadership and shrinking under Democratic leadership."

Biden's deficits are lower than Trumps? Obama's were lower than Bush's?

Here's a chart showing deficits by year...your statement doesn't hold up.

Americans aren't buying your nonsense anymore Pete.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/amer...eficit/trends/
Old 03-17-2022, 01:16 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So...

You're saying illegal crossings aren't way up under Biden...

You're saying crime isn't an issue, because it's not at an all-time high.

You're saying federal spending had absolutely nothing to do with inflation. By the way, corporate profits were high under Trump too, but without the inflation.

"We are 40 years into a consistent and undeniable pattern of deficits growing under GOP leadership and shrinking under Democratic leadership."

Biden's deficits are lower than Trumps? Obama's were lower than Bush's?

Here's a chart showing deficits by year...your statement doesn't hold up.

Americans aren't buying your nonsense anymore Pete.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/amer...eficit/trends/
Be very afraid 😱

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-17-2022, 05:08 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Be very afraid 😱
Pete: crime is way up since Trump left, but it’s not the highest it’s ever been, therefore it’s nothing to worry about!
Old 03-17-2022, 11:56 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete: crime is way up since Trump left, but it’s not the highest it’s ever been, therefore it’s nothing to worry about!
Oddly enough, the states with the worst crime rates are republican

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-17-2022, 11:59 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oddly enough, the states with the worst crime rates are republican
Sure! Zero crime in any of the liberal-run cities - NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore...

Pete: Crime isn't an issue! And if it is, the republicans did it!
Old 03-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:

Sure! Zero crime in any of the liberal-run cities - NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore...

Pete: Crime isn't an issue!
3/14/2022

Amazon will move 1,800 workers from downtown Seattle offices because of rampant crime in woke bastion where City Council has cut police budget by $36million since 2019