Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

The AZ Republican Party’s executive committee, late last night, censuring Rusty Bowers, the AZ House Speaker, who testified to J6 committee about the pressure effort to overturn 2020 election.

Chair Kelli Ward: “[Bowers] is no longer a Republican in good standing…”

To be clear: The Arizona Republican Party is censuring the Speaker of the Arizona House for telling the truth, under oath (has a single thing he said even been challenged?). The Arizona GOP appears to believe that to be "a Republican in good standing" you should lie under oath.

Because ethics and honesty don’t matter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #92
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so how much gerrymandering is ok?
I don't recall you ever saying that gerrymandering was bad so how much gerrymandering is ok?
Old 07-20-2022, 01:55 PM   #93
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The AZ Republican Party’s executive committee, late last night, censuring Rusty Bowers, the AZ House Speaker, who testified to J6 committee about the pressure effort to overturn 2020 election.

Chair Kelli Ward: “[Bowers] is no longer a Republican in good standing…”

To be clear: The Arizona Republican Party is censuring the Speaker of the Arizona House for telling the truth, under oath (has a single thing he said even been challenged?). The Arizona GOP appears to believe that to be "a Republican in good standing" you should lie under oath.

Because ethics and honesty don’t matter.
I guess he is a RINO
Old 07-20-2022, 02:11 PM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

A guy named Rafael having to go by Ted, a woman named Nimrata having to go by Nikki, and a guy named Piyush having to go by Bobby tells you quite a lot about the Republican party and it’s voters
Old 07-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #95
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Everyone got their dvr’s set, RR is still waiting for the civil war, Scott and Dad are primed and ready to get all snarkying after Pete and Wayne gets into the recap and Jim is digging into his whataboutism library to spin the narrative. All good fun I’m ready with popcorn.
Old 07-21-2022, 06:19 PM   #96
wdmso

I wish people would stop saying Trump did nothing for 187 minutes and start saying 3hrs 7 minutes

Ps Bob enjoy your pop corn lol

Last edited by wdmso; 07-21-2022 at 06:35 PM..
Old 07-21-2022, 07:29 PM   #97
wdmso

It seems Rino’s are no longer endangered species. They are all now in the GOP or have testified against Trump LOL
Old 07-22-2022, 05:56 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

CHENEY: “The damn has begun to break. Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”
Old 07-22-2022, 06:08 AM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
CHENEY: “The damn has begun to break. Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”
she better hurry, she’s likely about to get fired by her constituents in November.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:10 AM   #100
scottw

Quote:
CHENEY: “ Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”
at least they are keeping very busy with important stuff...
Old 07-22-2022, 07:07 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
she better hurry, she’s likely about to get fired by her constituents in November.
After listening to the poor victims chorus that it’s a dog and pony show that is partisan blah blah blah
I think the Republican Party needs to go the way of the Whigs.

Country over party.

Hats off to Liz Cheney.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 07:10 AM   #102
wdmso

Quote:
Don’t say much about her constituents does it!
Old 07-22-2022, 07:15 AM   #103
wdmso

Guess what’s absent from Jim and Scott’s comments . Anything to do with Actual testimony concerning the 3 hr black hole of inactivity by the commander and chief . But Biden mentioned cancer you have thought he started WW3
Old 07-22-2022, 07:29 AM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
at least they are keeping very busy with important stuff...
It is

“Character matters. Truth matters. If we don’t adhere to these ideals, our great experiment, our shining beacon on a hill, will not endure.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
horrible people...all of them
Old 07-22-2022, 07:54 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

A White House security official testified that Pence’s secret service detail thought they were going to die and started saying goodbye to loved ones.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
so unless everyone does exactly what you want them to do, “that doesn’t say much” about them?

that’s not arrogant, no sir.

i’m sure her constituents are all broken up that you don’t like them.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
Guess what’s absent from Jim and Scott’s comments . Anything to do with Actual testimony concerning the 3 hr black hole of inactivity by the commander and chief . But Biden mentioned cancer you have thought he started WW3
what’s absent, is oxygen to your brain.

i’ve said a million times that trumps actions should render him
ineligible from ever running for
anything again.

it’s amazing that you try to paint me
as some rabid trump apologist. i guess that’s easier than responding to what i’m actually saying.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #109
scottw

Quote:

they are conditioned to constantly lob charges of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, sedition, traitor etc...etc.......it begins and ends every thought with them....it's pretty effed up
Old 07-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #110
scottw

Quote:

“Character matters. Truth matters. If we don’t adhere to these ideals, our great experiment, our shining beacon on a hill, will not endure.”

size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
is this what Nancy said when questioned about her and hubby's remarkable, uncanny ability to trade stocks ?
Old 07-22-2022, 08:41 AM   #111
PaulS

One of the things I watched with interest was Trump taking 1 hour to come up with a 3 min. video. Reading off the teleprompter, refusing to say some words, couldn't pronounce some words, stuttering, slapping the podium, etc. etc.

Thank goodness that wasn't Biden or microsoft would have to add some servers to handle all the increased interweb traffic today.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #112
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
One of the things I watched with interest was Trump taking 1 hour to come up with a 3 min. video. Reading off the teleprompter, refusing to say some words, couldn't pronounce some words, stuttering, slapping the podium, etc. etc.

Thank goodness that wasn't Biden or microsoft would have to add some servers to handle all the increased interweb traffic today.
biden has it written for him in big letters with explicit directions and presumably practices a little beforehand and still effs it up
Old 07-22-2022, 09:02 AM   #113
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
biden has it written for him in big letters with explicit directions and presumably practices a little beforehand and still effs it up
I actually had (que the snarky comments) written on the bottom but the icon to make the text smaller wasn't there so I deleted it. I should have figured you wouldn't need any prompting.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #114
PaulS

I did get a laugh at Josh Hawley running through the halls.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:05 AM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Being wasted on benzos and adderall, basically a speedball, prob makes it hard to read….and be a decent person apparently

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 09:07 AM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I did get a laugh at Josh Hawley running through the halls.
Josh Hawley runs like a gelding but that’s not really a surprise.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 09:16 AM   #117
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
what’s absent, is oxygen to your brain.

i’ve said a million times that trumps actions should render him
ineligible from ever running for
anything again.

as some rabid trump apologist. i guess that’s easier than responding to what i’m actually saying.
It’s not just about Trump Jim, or is that all your going to hang your I’ve said it a million times hat on? Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie and incite the mob, are they allowed to run again under Jim’s rules? What about those running today that are still spouting the big lie nonsense, should they not be running, lots of Trump mini me’s out there. Nothing to say about the leaders of your party condemning the 6th as an insurrection, Trumps failure to act as wrong, a year later signing different tunes. You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump, well if you can’t see the forest for the trees Jim, you could be missing the bigger picture. The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power. If it takes bending and now breaking the rules and keeping access to the voting process limited and likely to produce the results they want, it will continue.

Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well, IMHO life long appointments and terms is a major problem for the political arena now.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #118
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It’s not just about Trump Jim, or is that all your going to hang your I’ve said it a million times hat on? Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie and incite the mob, are they allowed to run again under Jim’s rules? What about those running today that are still spouting the big lie nonsense, should they not be running, lots of Trump mini me’s out there. Nothing to say about the leaders of your party condemning the 6th as an insurrection, Trumps failure to act as wrong, a year later signing different tunes. You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump, well if you can’t see the forest for the trees Jim, you could be missing the bigger picture. The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power. If it takes bending and now breaking the rules and keeping access to the voting process limited and likely to produce the results they want, it will continue.

Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well, IMHO life long appointments and terms is a major problem for the political arena now.
If I say I hate Trump and I hope he goes to prison, and you guys keep calling me a rabid Trump supporter, again that's on you, not on me.

"Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie"

In 2016 a small number of congressional democrats spread the same exact lie, and tried unsuccessfully to steal that election. You actually said that was OK, because they didn't write anything down. That was your reasoning as to why it was OK. Your words, not mine. If it's OK when democrats do it, why is it wrong when others do it? You'll dismiss that as whatboutism, because you know you can't defend the obvious hypocrisy. I'm not saying the 2 events are identical, but in both cases, the losing party made allegations about cheating to try and change the outcome of the election. You defend it when democrats do it. Stacy Abrams did the same exact thing, and she has full democrats support to run for governor of GA.

"You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump"

When did I say that? Who are you getting this from? What you're after, is saying the democrat is always right, and the republican is always wrong, no exceptions, not ever, never ever. Because you can't think.

"The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power."

And leaders of the left are after what, exactly? It's all about power, it's all both sides care about. You're saying the leaders on the left aren't motivated by a desire to win? Tell that to Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas, who have been treated so respectfully by the leaders of the left.

Gimme a break.

"Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well"

I agree for legislative branch, I disagree for judges.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #119
scottw

Quote:
I actually had (que the snarky comments) written on the bottom but the icon to make the text smaller wasn't there so I deleted it. I should have figured you wouldn't need any prompting.
you call it snarky...it's actually satire...you just aren't man enough to handle it

sat·ire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:42 AM   #120
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

"The year was 1995, and the case was U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton. With assistance from USTL, the citizens of 23 states had just passed laws putting term limits on their members of Congress. That meant just under half of all congressmen were term-limited, and Congress would soon be forced to propose a term limits amendment applying to everyone.

The Court decided, in a 5-4 split decision, that citizens are not allowed to term limit their own members of Congress using state laws.

They threw out 23 states’ term limits laws in one day.

Justice John Paul Stevens delivered the opinion of the court. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote a concurring opinion.

Justice Scalia disagreed, ruling for term limits as part of the dissenting minority. Justice Clarence Thomas wrote a dissenting opinion."