Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-22-2022, 09:55 AM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you call it snarky...it's actually satire...you just aren't man enough to handle it

sat·ire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
An unsubtle self-satire in the form of a post.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 11:01 AM   #122
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If I say I hate Trump and I hope he goes to prison, and you guys keep calling me a rabid Trump supporter, again that's on you, not on me.

"Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie"

In 2016 a small number of congressional democrats spread the same exact lie, and tried unsuccessfully to steal that election. You actually said that was OK, because they didn't write anything down. That was your reasoning as to why it was OK. Your words, not mine. If it's OK when democrats do it, why is it wrong when others do it? You'll dismiss that as whatboutism, because you know you can't defend the obvious hypocrisy. I'm not saying the 2 events are identical, but in both cases, the losing party made allegations about cheating to try and change the outcome of the election. You defend it when democrats do it. Stacy Abrams did the same exact thing, and she has full democrats support to run for governor of GA.

"You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump"

When did I say that? Who are you getting this from? What you're after, is saying the democrat is always right, and the republican is always wrong, no exceptions, not ever, never ever. Because you can't think.

"The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power."

And leaders of the left are after what, exactly? It's all about power, it's all both sides care about. You're saying the leaders on the left aren't motivated by a desire to win? Tell that to Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas, who have been treated so respectfully by the leaders of the left.

Gimme a break.

"Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well"

I agree for legislative branch, I disagree for judges.
Jim not answering my question and instead digging into his favorite whataboutism, anyone surprised?
Old 07-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #123
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
An unsubtle self-satire in the form of a post.
I can see people at parties excusing themselves to walk away as Scott throws out his snarky one liners, thinking they are funny and timely. Once away and with other’s friends, I can image the conversation, can you believe that clown, I couldn’t listen another minute to his crap.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:09 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim not answering my question and instead digging into his favorite whataboutism, anyone surprised?
i said i hope trump
goes to prison. what question didn’t i answer?

and of course when i point out your naked hypocrisy, you dismiss it as what about ism.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:28 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i said i hope trump
goes to prison. what question didn’t i answer?

and of course when i point out your naked hypocrisy, you dismiss it as what about ism.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”.
Remember when our president cared about the rule of law, surrounded himself with staff of high integrity, and exited his office after 8 years with 0 criminal indictments, 0 criminal convictions and 0 prison sentences?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Remember when our president cared about the rule of law, surrounded himself with staff of high integrity, and exited his office after 8 years with 0 criminal indictments, 0 criminal convictions and 0 prison sentences?
i also remember Bush 43 being a decent guy. didn’t stop your side from stacking him
jon stop, calling him
a racist, a nazi, a moron, etc.

Trump just made it easier for the smearing to take place

Stop pretending liberals can be complimentary about decent republicans. they can’t. not unless said republican hates trump i guess.

Bush, MvCain, and Romney were decent guys, but we’re painted as evil.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:54 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i also remember Bush 43 being a decent guy. didn’t stop your side from stacking him
jon stop, calling him
a racist, a nazi, a moron, etc.

Trump just made it easier for the smearing to take place

Stop pretending liberals can be complimentary about decent republicans. they can’t. not unless said republican hates trump i guess.

Bush, MvCain, and Romney were decent guys, but we’re painted as evil.
Gibberish
Poor victim

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 12:52 PM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gibberish
Poor victim
i’m curious, you’re denying that Bushnwas called a nazi, a racist, and an imbecile? You’re denying Romney was attacked for carrying women’s resumes in a notebook? denying that Mc Cain was portrayed as a senile old racist?
Old 07-22-2022, 01:07 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

I have no doubt that someone did, but your recitation of right wing tropes is Tuckerish at best.
What should the penalty for getting an abortion be?
Old 07-22-2022, 01:15 PM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
I have no doubt that someone did, but your recitation of right wing tropes is Tuckerish at best.
What should the penalty for getting an abortion be?
states can decide what the punishment should be.

if someone slaughtered you because your existence was inconvenient for them, what punishment would you think was appropriate?

I’d like to see you answer that.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:41 PM   #131
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
states can decide what the punishment should be.

if someone slaughtered you because your existence was inconvenient for them, what punishment would you think was appropriate?

I’d like to see you answer that.
Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-22-2022, 01:55 PM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?
you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:10 PM   #133
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

At least one of the nut jobs has been convicted, I hope Bannon gets the max sentence to send a message.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #134
wdmso

Quote:
At least one of the nut jobs has been convicted, I hope Bannon gets the max sentence to send a message.
Conservatives and the MAGA cult now have turned on the judiciary and even trial by jury

One GOP member called his conviction a dog and pony show

Another comment from the usual fascists NEWSMAX contributors

After Trump is back in 2024, he should show absolutely no mercy for the dems and totally annihilate them, legally, or course.

That’s what the MAGA horde has always wanted for the USA a hidden in false patriotism yelling American First
Old 07-22-2022, 05:13 PM   #135
scottw

Quote:
I can see people at parties excusing themselves to walk away as Scott throws out his snarky one liners, thinking they are funny and timely. Once away and with other’s friends, I can image the conversation, can you believe that clown, I couldn’t listen another minute to his crap.
I'm sure you are a real prince..
Old 07-22-2022, 11:21 PM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.
Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-23-2022, 01:51 AM   #137
scottw

Quote:

Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

Cook Report yesterday.....sounds like your only hope is trump...that's pretty ironic

"Democrats fervently hope that the reversal of Roe v. Wade, gun legislation, and the findings of the Jan. 6 committee (or some combination thereof) might galvanize their voters enough to retain at least one chamber. But data suggests that even a combination of all three is unlikely to be the antidote for their problems.

The public is exhibiting an incredibly high level of pessimism about the direction of the country thanks in part to a variety of economic indicators that are all flashing red. Inflation is running at its highest rate in more than 40 years, the National Association of Realtors reported in May that the ability of buyers to afford a home hit its lowest levels since 2006, and over half of Americans and a majority of economists are bracing for a recession in the next year or 18 months.

With those factors, along with the inability of President Biden and congressional Democrats to even remotely deliver on all they promised, there is plenty to be pessimistic about for Democrats. Midterm elections are basically report cards halfway through a president’s term, an opportunity for voters to choose between “stay the course” or “time for a change.” History shows their proclivity is to opt for a midcourse correction, if not a total reversal of what happened two years earlier. Setbacks from bad elections have enormous consequences. The composition of the U.S. Supreme Court is a prime example of that, but there are other potentially grave consequences—more on that later."

Yet there might be one silver lining for Democrats on the distant horizon. Should former President Trump decide, against the advice of nearly every Republican strategist alive, to announce his candidacy before the midterm elections in November, he might energize Democratic voters enough to minimize their losses at the margins. I am not sure it would save one or both majorities, but it certainly has the potential to have a greater impact than abortion, guns, and Jan. 6 combined.

Democrats can little afford another disastrous midterm and yet, one looks quite likely to be on the horizon. You can’t blame them for looking for any way to escape this; the question is whether Donald Trump will provide them with one."
Old 07-23-2022, 07:09 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.
yup. Kansas is going to flip blue as the democrats rout the gop in november.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:57 AM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

The new Republican platform for 2022:

“Divine horrible rape”
Old 07-23-2022, 09:00 AM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Geraldo Rivera: “Liz Cheney is a once-in-a-generation stand up hero. Unlike everyone else involved, she has put her career in peril, and stayed in the fight. History will honor her.”
Old 07-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #141
PaulS

She is a RINO
Old 07-23-2022, 10:13 AM   #142
Nebe

Quote:
Geraldo Rivera: “Liz Cheney is a once-in-a-generation stand up hero. Unlike everyone else involved, she has put her career in peril, and stayed in the fight. History will honor her.”
Presidential run material.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #143
wdmso

He made phone calls, but not to the Pentagon or the Department of Homeland Security or anyone who could help put down the riot. Instead, he called Republican senators and lobbied then to object to final certification of the electoral college vote.

Not surprised
Old 07-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled

Both WSJ and NY Post had editorials yesterday saying Trump’s bad character—as displayed by his dereliction of duty on Jan 6–is disqualifying. It’s almost enough to make you burst out laughing. I mean, who coulda predicted such behavior from Trump? There were just no clues…
Old 07-27-2022, 08:37 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Reporter: “Have you taken any precautions in case Trump tries to flee?”

Garland: “Yes, we installed a small ramp by his airplane.”
Old 07-28-2022, 05:53 AM   #146
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

He made phone calls, but not to the Pentagon or the Department of Homeland Security or anyone who could help put down the riot.
“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to and consultation with MPD, if such plans are underway," Bowser wrote in her letter, adding that MPD was “well trained and prepared to lead the way” on ensuring safety during the rally in the nation’s capital on Jan. 6.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 07-28-2022 at 06:14 AM..
Old 07-28-2022, 06:13 AM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

“Our research suggests that Trump appeals more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood.”
Old 07-28-2022, 06:27 AM   #148
scottw

Quote:
“Our research suggests that Trump appeals more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood.”
you are struggling as much as biden....
Old 07-28-2022, 06:30 AM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

“Nobody’s ever seen a president go to prison before, the ratings will be be huge.”
Old 07-28-2022, 06:32 AM   #150
scottw

Quote:
“Nobody’s ever seen a president go to prison before, the ratings will be be huge.”
CNN could use a big boost...