Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
Jim in CT

CBP admits agents never whipped Haitian immigrants

Will anyone in the left apologize for the way these guys were smeared?

President Biden? Will he correct the record? he went on and i. about the racist injustice of whipping these poor folks.

Duke lacrosse case, officer wilson, the covington catholic kids, UVA rape case, Kyle Rittenhouse, and in, and on, and on.

It’s dangerous to be in a position where The Narrative will benefit from calling you a loathsome racist.

Paul is saying people move to FL because it’s essentially one big Klan rally.

When you know you can’t even pretend to say that your guy’’s results aren’t a disaster, you fall back in calling everyone a racist. For small-minded insecure people, that’s easier than just admitting your side blew it.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
PaulS

Did I say that or was in jest. But I forgot I was dealing with angry Jim. I bet if I wanted I could keep you up until midnight tonight just by continuing to post but alas you remind me of the Doctor Who treated a friend's son many years ago. My friend's son asked the doctor a question and he ignored him and when my friend's wife asked him why he is not answering the 5-year-olds question he said because he'll just ask another one. When that happens with you and people just stop responding to you you claim they don't have an answer. In fact it's they get tired of dealing with angry Jim
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Did I say that or was in jest. But I forgot I was dealing with angry Jim. I bet if I wanted I could keep you up until midnight tonight just by continuing to post but alas you remind me of the Doctor Who treated a friend's son many years ago. My friend's son asked the doctor a question and he ignored him and when my friend's wife asked him why he is not answering the 5-year-olds question he said because he'll just ask another one. When that happens with you and people just stop responding to you you claim they don't have an answer. In fact it's they get tired of dealing with angry Jim
you’ve said it at least 5 times, i can’t read minds.

you’re calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist. but i’m
angry.

lobbing baseless insults is what weak people do who know they’re losing, Paul. Just sayin’. It’s all you’ve got right now.

you can stop responding any time. It’s a free country. Who’s stopping you?
Old 07-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
wdmso

Jim and fox left out this part
Of the
report released Friday , found the agents did not strike the migrants, but did use unnecessary force.

Their headline and all other right wing sites are selling more victim hood. Because they weren’t seen as hero’s

And upset they still may get discipline .

No accountability for Jan 6th ring leaders no accountability for refusing legal subpoenas no accountability for the officer who stood still as children were gunned down or an unarmed man gunned down shot 60 times..

The party of law and order focuses on Hunters Biden claiming all his wrong doing . While useing a lop top that’s been in multiple peoples hands with an agenda that’s not Truth .. this is what a witch hunt looks like .. all for the base not the For the benefit of the Republic
Old 07-09-2022, 08:38 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim and fox left out this part
Of the
report released Friday , found the agents did not strike the migrants, but did use unnecessary force.

Their headline and all other right wing sites are selling more victim hood. Because they weren’t seen as hero’s

And upset they still may get discipline .

No accountability for Jan 6th ring leaders no accountability for refusing legal subpoenas no accountability for the officer who stood still as children were gunned down or an unarmed man gunned down shot 60 times..

The party of law and order focuses on Hunters Biden claiming all his wrong doing . While useing a lop top that’s been in multiple peoples hands with an agenda that’s not Truth .. this is what a witch hunt looks like .. all for the base not the For the benefit of the Republic
i post about cops. you go right to january 6. isn’t that what about-ism?

But it’s ok when YOU do it.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i post about cops. you go right to january 6. isn’t that what about-ism?

But it’s ok when YOU do it.
Are you that simple? It was about accountability ..

Zsomething Republicans are afraid of if it involves those I groups I listed to include those involved in Jan 6th

Laws don’t apply to republicans but the sure demand they apply to everyone else
Old 07-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you that simple? It was about accountability ..

Zsomething Republicans are afraid of if it involves those I groups I listed to include those involved in Jan 6th

Laws don’t apply to republicans but the sure demand they apply to everyone else
so whataboutism is ok when you do it.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:24 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

President Biden? Will he correct the record? he went on and i. about the racist injustice of whipping these poor folks.

Duke lacrosse case, officer wilson, the covington catholic kids, UVA rape case, Kyle Rittenhouse, and in, and on, and on.

It’s dangerous to be in a position where The Narrative will benefit from calling you a loathsome racist.

When you know you can’t even pretend to say that your guy’’s results aren’t a disaster, you fall back in calling everyone a racist. For small-minded insecure people, that’s easier than just admitting your side blew it.
An iron rule of the Trump era is that people who want to distract from what is indisputably true and damning like to focus on unimportant details or contrived disputes—they do it every single time

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
so whataboutism is ok when you do it.

First Amendment advocates respond to a new Arizona law limiting recording of police

The law, which was signed on Wednesday by Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, states that people can be charged with a misdemeanor if they record police from less than 8 feet away after getting a verbal warning, as they are conducting law enforcement activity like arrests, questioning suspicious individuals, and handling those who are emotionally disturbed.

another example of Republicans trying to hold others accountable while trying to shield what they see as their personal enforcement Units

yep more whataboutism
Old 07-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #10
wdmso

yep Jim keep thinking thats what happened..

not sure why you defend bad behaviour .. or push back against police accountability as they were smeared

Seems you a ken Paxton texas AG and avid law breaker are on the same page

it's really unfortunate that these border agents who've given their lives to securing our border and defending Americans [sic]," he added. "And here they are being punished; they should be rewarded."

no surprise seeing He thinks laws don't apply to him either

even the BBC headline

US border agents' horseback charge on Haiti migrants 'unnecessary'

In its findings released on Friday, CBP did not recommend any of its officers be fired but acknowledged "failures to make good decisions at multiple levels of the organisation".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62102019

its telling you haven't started a thread on the Cops shooting an unarmed black man in Ohio 60 times , let me guess you think they to are victims of a Bias media and cop haters
Old 07-10-2022, 04:02 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

yep Jim keep thinking thats what happened..

not sure why you defend bad behaviour .. or push back against police accountability as they were smeared

Seems you a ken Paxton texas AG and avid law breaker are on the same page

it's really unfortunate that these border agents who've given their lives to securing our border and defending Americans [sic]," he added. "And here they are being punished; they should be rewarded."

no surprise seeing He thinks laws don't apply to him either

even the BBC headline

US border agents' horseback charge on Haiti migrants 'unnecessary'

In its findings released on Friday, CBP did not recommend any of its officers be fired but acknowledged "failures to make good decisions at multiple levels of the organisation".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62102019

its telling you haven't started a thread on the Cops shooting an unarmed black man in Ohio 60 times , let me guess you think they to are victims of a Bias media and cop haters
wayne, has a powerful, prominent democrat ever done anything immoral?
Old 07-10-2022, 05:10 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, has a powerful, prominent democrat ever done anything immoral?
Stay on topic

And get back to me when you find a current democrat AG under several active criminal indictments Who was re elected by a base who ignore such things ..
Old 07-10-2022, 08:48 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim has a prominent Trumplican ever been driven by moral imperatives to do anything positive for the American people?
Or do they just adopt victomhood because they have no rational alternative?
Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Stay on topic

And get back to me when you find a current democrat AG under several active criminal indictments Who was re elected by a base who ignore such things ..
“stay on topic”

from the guy who’s response to everything, is but trump!
Old 07-11-2022, 09:44 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
“stay on topic”

from the guy who’s response to everything, is but trump!
Odd how your fascination with with wrong doing and outrage over the most simplistic topics . Never involve the actual real threats to our nation . From those you support and would vote for again . No matter the evidence of their lies and deceit .

Gas prices are down like 25 cents good job numbers and the GOP is stuck on Hunters laptop and brown people invasion. When there’s been no change of border policy since the election..

Current restrictions at the U.S. border have not changed: single adults and families encountered at the Southwest Border will continue to be expelled, where appropriate, under Title 42,” said CBP Commissioner Chris Magnus. “As temperatures start to rise in the summer, human smugglers will continue to exploit vulnerable populations and recklessly endanger the lives of migrants for financial gain.

June 6th 2022

But to the gullible faithful it’s all a lie by the media and the government

That’s the response to everything factual
Old 07-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Odd how your fascination with with wrong doing and outrage over the most simplistic topics . Never involve the actual real threats to our nation . From those you support and would vote for again . No matter the evidence of their lies and deceit .

Gas prices are down like 25 cents good job numbers and the GOP is stuck on Hunters laptop and brown people invasion. When there’s been no change of border policy since the election..

Current restrictions at the U.S. border have not changed: single adults and families encountered at the Southwest Border will continue to be expelled, where appropriate, under Title 42,” said CBP Commissioner Chris Magnus. “As temperatures start to rise in the summer, human smugglers will continue to exploit vulnerable populations and recklessly endanger the lives of migrants for financial gain.

June 6th 2022

But to the gullible faithful it’s all a lie by the media and the government

That’s the response to everything factual
so going in national tv and saying that cops were whipping black people when they didnt, and not apologizing, is no biggie.

you don’t think this is a reason why there’s so much violence against cops?

fortunately it doesn’t matter what you think. it matters what america thinks, and they’ll make their voices heard in a few months. i like my sides chances. how about you?

your whole party and the entire media, is demonizing cops, who then have a target on their backs.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

"Why do Republicans hate police officers?" he asked. "Why won't Republicans stand up for police officers and stand up for cops when they're getting the hell beaten out of them? In Congress, they love yapping about how they support the blue when they go on the House floor, but when police officers are getting eviscerated, getting brutalized, when they're getting beaten to death, suddenly, they love the rioters, they love the thugs, they love the people that are beating them up and beating them to death."

"These Republicans who are calling these people tourists, these Republicans that don't want to get to the truth," he continued. "They don't want to really understand why police officers were brutalized that day, the same liars who said that they love cops, they're the ones that are stopping everybody who is responsible for the beating of and the eventual death of these police officers."

"They're stopping justice from happening," he added. "So they don't love cops. -- they hate cops if cops are actually doing their job and trying to stop their party from not being able to steal an election."
Old 07-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Albuquerque SWAT team raids house looking for an alleged robbery suspect. Using nuisance Flashbangs to get the suspect out ignited and engulfed the home in flames. After the fire, police find the body of a 14-year-old boy. He was not the suspect.
The police attacked the wrong house, flash-banged it, burned it up, stopped firefighters from putting out fire, then found out they burned alive a 14 year old child who was in home.
But if you criticize them for this, then you're personally responsible for any subsequent increase in crime anywhere in America, because how can cops possibly be expected to do their jobs if any of them are criticized, ever?
Old 07-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Yeah, except it was the right house and they caught the suspect fleeing out the back while fire fighters were extinguishing the fire.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/apd-o...wat-operation/

“The suspect reportedly exited the home as Albuquerque Fire Rescue was extinguishing the fire. He was taken into custody and then transported to a local hospital for burn injuries.”

Little details that completely change the narrative, not a surprise
Old 07-11-2022, 12:06 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Albuquerque SWAT team raids house looking for an alleged robbery suspect. Using nuisance Flashbangs to get the suspect out ignited and engulfed the home in flames. After the fire, police find the body of a 14-year-old boy. He was not the suspect.
The police attacked the wrong house, flash-banged it, burned it up, stopped firefighters from putting out fire, then found out they burned alive a 14 year old child who was in home.
But if you criticize them for this, then you're personally responsible for any subsequent increase in crime anywhere in America, because how can cops possibly be expected to do their jobs if any of them are criticized, ever?
you’re hearing voices, cuckoo. i didn’t say cops are above question. but after all. the times your side has jumped to conclusions and humiliated themselves ( duke lacrosse, nick sandman, ,officer darren wilson) why not wait until the facts are in before saying cops are racist killers?

shouldn’t we be sure we have the story straight, before we ruin someone’s life? is that too much to ask?
Old 07-11-2022, 12:14 PM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
you’re hearing voices, cuckoo. i didn’t say cops are above question. but after all. the times your side has jumped to conclusions and humiliated themselves ( duke lacrosse, nick sandman, ,officer darren wilson) why not wait until the facts are in before saying cops are racist killers?

shouldn’t we be sure we have the story straight, before we ruin someone’s life? is that too much to ask?
How about every person who has been convicted bc a prosecuter or police lied or withheld evidence and now many years later are being let go bc of DNA. Are those most liberal also?
Old 07-11-2022, 12:19 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yeah, except it was the right house and they caught the suspect fleeing out the back while fire fighters were extinguishing the fire.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/apd-o...wat-operation/

“The suspect reportedly exited the home as Albuquerque Fire Rescue was extinguishing the fire. He was taken into custody and then transported to a local hospital for burn injuries.”

Little details that completely change the narrative, not a surprise
You can’t always trust the little details released by police

Meanwhile, the family that lived in the house is now homeless – and says they were innocent victims in all of this.

KOB 4 spoke with a woman whose sister and her family lived there. She said the people involved in the SWAT standoff weren’t related to her family and did not live there, but were acquaintances of her nephew who stopped by to pick up a bike. Now, she’s questioning how police and the SWAT team handled the situation.

The family is also blaming police for starting the fire, claiming flash bang grenades ignited it.

Police confirmed that multiple “munitions” were used at the scene – they’re used in SWAT situations to get suspects to surrender. They are working with AFR to determine if one caused the fire.

And after the police initially claimed the target of the raid was wanted for robbery and other violent crimes, it turns out the warrants were for a probation violation.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-11-2022, 12:26 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

A SWAT team is by function a killer team, so why do PD’s keep using them in non lethal situations? Once again, no deescalation, just the opposite, resulting in a dead kid, homeless family and a lawsuit the city will lose costing taxpayers millions.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-11-2022, 04:13 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
so going in national tv and saying that cops were whipping black people when they didnt, and not apologizing, is no biggie. they used excessive force Jim with their horses so because they didn't hit them with the reins its ok got it

you don’t think this is a reason why there’s so much violence against cops?

Shocking another conservative Lie .. Policing is a dangerous job during al capone days and still is in 2022 but of course criticisms are seen as violence

fortunately it doesn’t matter what you think. it matters what america thinks, and they’ll make their voices heard in a few months. i like my sides chances. how about you? still living the fantasy that somehow these mind terms are different than what happens historically... and will it be fraud if your big red wave never materializes

your whole party and the entire media, is demonizing cops, who then have a target on their backs. more radicalized nonsense from the party wishing to use the police against their political enemies and the public

many conservative commentators and organizations have pushed a pro-police, law-and-order narrative. Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) declared, “The president should use the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military forces to these cities to support local law enforcement many of them reflexively defend the police, and see them as the armed servants of the state?

Militarization of the police goes back to the Reagan-era war on drugs when one program informally began giving surplus military equipment from the Pentagon to police departments across the U.S. The initiative, known as ​​the 1033 program, was formally implemented when Congress passed a law in the 1990s.

Post 9/11, the Department of Homeland Security enabled anti-terror grants that police departments across the U.S. could tap into to purchase new military-grade equipment such as armored trucks, ballistics gear and armored personnel carriers. These grants provide even more than the Pentagon surplus program

Departments that received military gear were supposed to use it to prevent terror attacks, but instead, Balko says officers often ended up using the equipment for everyday policing duties. When police officers dress, train or are armed like a military soldier, he says some officers will start to see themselves as such.

and we see this daily in America

yet House Republicans began Tuesday morning by calling the upcoming inaugural hearing of the chamber’s investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol a “sham” and a “political charade

this was their response to police testimony

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said he was “booked in all these different meetings.”

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) told reporters he was tied up with a committee hearing.

Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), who rose to her position after her predecessor was sacked for criticizing Trump’s role in the attack, declined to say whether she watched.

Rep. Matthew M. Rosendale (R-Mont.) said he did watch — but only the opening statement from Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) “I was quite disappointed,” he told ABC News.

they only want to support police when it suits them classic
Old 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #25
wdmso

still waiting on our resident Cop can do no wrong Fans. have to say about shooting an unarmed man 60 times while he ran away from them
Old 07-11-2022, 05:21 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
still waiting on our resident Cop can do no wrong Fans. have to say about shooting an unarmed man 60 times while he ran away from them
i say that’s murder.

duh.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:42 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Horse Patrol investigation that was released. The thing that causes doubt is that the head of CBP, thinks a transparent & independent investigation includes not interviewing 1 single victim & redacting even the investigators’ names. How many are ex-BP?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-11-2022, 10:47 PM   #28
Jim in CT

wdmso, what do you say about how the left handled the duke lacrosse case, nick sandman, officer darren wilson, kyle rittenhouse?? any comment?
Old 07-12-2022, 05:09 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Didn’t they all become Faux Patriots and keynote speakers at CPAC?
Meanwhile you attempt to falsely paint all protesters as criminals, all Democrats as far left and teachers as groomers.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:15 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Meanwhile you attempt to falsely paint all protesters as criminals, all Democrats as far left and teachers as groomers.
when did i do any of that?

that tin foil hat gets tighter and tighter.

I taught public school. i know many many great teachers.