Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-12-2022, 08:17 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

when did i do any of that?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you didn't....but pete routinely paints with a very broad brush
Old 07-12-2022, 08:49 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, what do you say about how the left handled the duke lacrosse case, nick sandman, officer darren wilson, kyle rittenhouse?? any comment?

Jim you use examples that are years apart and fit your nonsense of that the media is bias . Mantra

The duke team was exonerated and the DA was punished for misconduct and debarred 2006

Nick incident 2019 settled a law suit And had his day in court

Wilson was never charged and hid behind qualified immunity

And Rittenhouse please! the rights boy hero. And now BPA who used excessive force

OJ was found not guilty by a jury don’t see you using him in your list of white people victims greatest hits .

You forgot Derek Chauvin, and his 22 years sentence..

But conservatives who champion those on your list have this to say

Floyd got EXACTLY the justice he deserved! Thank you for your service Officer Chauvin!

Criminal George Floyd committed suicide with drug overdose and that is a fact. His Black victims are glad he's gone.

At least you see 60 shots for what it is..

However the core of your party see it differently

Get out of the car with your hands in the air! On another note, the magazine changes done by the officers went flawless.

Cops understand what these people are like...

And my favorite

Where are the riots? Oh , thats right, you only care about dead black men when there's a presidential election to steal.

Yep from the mouths of the current GOP faithful

Last edited by wdmso; 07-14-2022 at 06:24 AM..
Old 07-13-2022, 03:10 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wdmso, what do you say about how the left handled the duke lacrosse case, nick sandman, officer darren wilson, kyle rittenhouse?? any comment?
Congratulations to every Republican and pundit who called a 10 year old rape victim a liar.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-14-2022, 06:30 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

She is 10-years old. She was raped, impregnated, refused an abortion in Ohio after Roe was overturned. Her story was reported, GOP leaders called it a hoax. The story has been confirmed. Will we see at least one apology? One display of decency, civility, anything?
Old 07-14-2022, 09:07 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
She is 10-years old. She was raped, impregnated, refused an abortion in Ohio after Roe was overturned. Her story was reported, GOP leaders called it a hoax. The story has been confirmed. Will we see at least one apology? One display of decency, civility, anything?
the people that should apologize are the doctor who violated HIPAA laws and the people who used the tragic story to further their political agenda(that would include you pete)...and the rapist should be shot but will probably just get deported
Old 07-14-2022, 12:02 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the people that should apologize are the doctor who violated HIPAA laws and the people who used the tragic story to further their political agenda(that would include you pete)...and the rapist should be shot but will probably just get deported
There’s nothing wrong if everyone ignores it, is the solution?

Re: The OH case. How will mandatory reporting laws work in states with abortion bans w/ no rape exception? Seems there’s real risk that reporting rape of a minor may trigger criminal investigations or monitoring of reporter/minor’s family to stop/punish out of state travel.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #37
wdmso

Quote:

Should the following apologize for doing what they do constantly to their viewers. LIE

Fox’s most high-profile hosts — Tucker Carlson, Jesse Watters, Laura Ingraham — suggested this week that the account of the 10-year-old rape victim was a “hoax” and “politically timed disinformation,” and claimed that the Biden administration was “lying” about the case after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan deletes tweet calling the story of a 10-year-old girl being raped 'another lie'

And HIPAA will not protect people from Republicans trying to charge them for getting abortions out of state or taking the morning after pill

federal laws will shield their reproductive health data from state law enforcement, or legal action more broadly. The answer, currently, is no.

If there’s a warrant, court order, or subpoena for the release of those medical records, then a clinic could be required to hand them over.

Republicans marching America backwards in time . Meanwhile Abortion laws in Colombia are now among the most liberal in the Americas. LOL
Old 07-14-2022, 04:11 PM   #38
scottw

try being a little bit honest....

the story was run with no corroboration and parroted by the likes of pete and the leftist and the muppet posing as president to claim that pregnant 10 year olds were now no longer able to get abortions thanks to the Supreme Court...

the timing and the release of the info by the doctor was purely political with little regard for the little girl....which is shameful

the Ohio AG has said she would have fallen under his state's exceptions and could get an abortion which means she wasn't forced to travel to Indiana..."Attorney General Dave Yost said Monday night that Ohio law would have allowed the girl to have an abortion in the state."

the Indiana AG is investigating the doctor because it doesn't appear she reported the rape as she is required to...

the Ohio doctor is being referred by her clinic for violation of HIPAA laws.....“A source familiar to the situation” said Indiana abortionist Bernard’s employer “has filed a HIPAA violation against her for sharing details about the young patient,”

Imagine thinking that not killing babies is "marching America backwards in time"...

"Bernard has even sued to block an Indiana law prohibiting dismemberment abortions."
Old 07-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
try being a little bit honest....

the story was run with no corroboration and parroted by the likes of pete and the leftist and the muppet posing as president to claim that pregnant 10 year olds were now no longer able to get abortions thanks to the Supreme Court...

the timing and the release of the info by the doctor was purely political with little regard for the little girl....which is shameful

the Ohio AG has said she would have fallen under his state's exceptions and could get an abortion which means she wasn't forced to travel to Indiana..."Attorney General Dave Yost said Monday night that Ohio law would have allowed the girl to have an abortion in the state."

the Indiana AG is investigating the doctor because it doesn't appear she reported the rape as she is required to...

the Ohio doctor is being referred by her clinic for violation of HIPAA laws.....“A source familiar to the situation” said Indiana abortionist Bernard’s employer “has filed a HIPAA violation against her for sharing details about the young patient,”

Imagine thinking that not killing babies is "marching America backwards in time"...

"Bernard has even sued to block an Indiana law prohibiting dismemberment abortions."
This photo sums up republicans faux outrage about killing babies

Ps Jesse waters never admitted he was wrong he went were right were you went Scott his immigration status..or like you he deflected about hipaa laws! As if the right cares about privacy! he went just were his viewership loves to go.. as if an American could be a child rapist … But an illegal now your talking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8ED112CD-78BB-4BCF-9B73-A1C9205FAD92.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	69028  

Last edited by wdmso; 07-14-2022 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-14-2022, 08:16 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
This photo sums up republicans faux outrage about killing babies

Ps Jesse waters never admitted he was wrong he went were right were you went Scott his immigration status..or like you he deflected about hipaa laws! As if the right cares about privacy! he went just were his viewership loves to go.. as if an American could be a child rapist … But an illegal now your talking
the photo doesn’t do that.

would you rather be in foster care, or slaughtered in the womb?

simple question.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:00 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim
What penalty do you want for abortion?

Simple question
Old 07-15-2022, 06:48 AM   #42
wdmso

National Right to Life official: 10-year-old should have had baby

She would have had the baby, and as many women who have had babies as a result of rape, we would hope that she would understand the reason and ultimately the benefit of having the child,” Bopp said

Wake people I only see one side using using her rape to forward their agenda ! The other side told you this would happen and sadly they were correct

Tyranny of the Minority
Old 07-15-2022, 06:56 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
the photo doesn’t do that.

would you rather be in foster care, or slaughtered in the womb?

simple question.
Jim unlike you I live in what’s called reality. And understand a fetus is not self aware with the ability to choose either or !

Next it will be a crime to make knuckle babies in the shower . Suggesting they should have a choice
Old 07-15-2022, 07:25 AM   #44
wdmso

Doctor told the state she performed abortion on 10-year-old girl, document shows

The release of the document comes after Indiana's attorney general said he would investigate the physician, claiming without providing evidence that she has a history of failing to report abortions as required under Indiana law.

With out evidence we see that a lot from Republicans and conservatives accuser’s

Seems Republicans AG have problems with the Truth and who seem to want to use the office against people they don’t agree with!

Wasn’t aware that was the Job of a State AG
Old 07-15-2022, 07:33 AM   #45
wdmso

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) Thursday refused to apologize for a tweet he deleted that branded as “another lie” the story about a 10-year-old Ohio girl who had to travel out of state to get an abortion after being raped.

He excuse. I was commenting on a news story,” We never questioned the child,” Jordan said.

What happened was we found out ...this heinous crime (did happen),” Jordan said. “So we deleted the tweet.”
Old 07-15-2022, 10:10 AM   #46
wdmso

from the Texas Freedom Caucus

A law firm in Texas pledged to reimburse the travel costs of employees who leave Texas to murder their unborn children. We are putting them and others on notice of the illegality and consequences of their actions

More examples Of how the Texas only respect the freedoms they agree with
Old 07-15-2022, 01:11 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim unlike you I live in what’s called reality.

this is one of the funniest things ever written here....
Old 07-15-2022, 02:10 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Will anyone in the left apologize for the way these guys were smeared?

President Biden? Will he correct the record? he went on and i. about the racist injustice of whipping these poor folks.

Duke lacrosse case, officer wilson, the covington catholic kids, UVA rape case, Kyle Rittenhouse, and in, and on, and on.
Did you see the Indiana AG vowed to investigate the Ind. Dr. suggesting the doctor may have even engaged in criminal misconduct?

Turns out the Dr. filed a terminated pregnancy report and filed the report within the required timeframe. This was determined through a routine public records request — a step the Indiana attorney general’s office could’ve taken before he started accusing the doctor of wrongdoing. I wonder if he'll apologize for smearing the Dr or does he not have to bc he is on the right?
Old 07-15-2022, 05:12 PM   #49
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
this is one of the funniest things ever written here....
He’s a regular Walter Mitty

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-15-2022, 07:13 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

I wonder if he'll apologize for smearing the Dr or does he not have to bc he is on the right?
smearing the doctor? that's funny

creating a story during the confirmation process that a Supreme Court nominee ran rape trains is smearing someone....

saying that your office will make sure all of the reporting, paperwork, HIPAA was done properly regarding a 10 year old transported across state lines for an abortion in what is now national news thanks to a couple of political activists is ....doing your job....

you can see the difference...right?
Old 07-15-2022, 10:05 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Are parents now going to need identity cards and negative pregnancy tests to cross state lines?
Old 07-16-2022, 07:56 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:

creating a story during the confirmation process that a Supreme Court nominee ran rape trains is smearing someone....

saying that your office will make sure all of the reporting, paperwork, HIPAA was done properly regarding a 10 year old transported across state lines for an abortion in what is now national news thanks to a couple of political activists is ....doing your job....

Ya Scott that’s all he was saying,and doing he was searching for the truth ..

seems your version of reality is also questionable

Try looking up what HIPAA actually means

Ps the doctor stating they preformed an abortion on a 10 year old is not a HIPAA violation

But criminal charges against people who travel outside of their state ! Is actually the real threat to privacy and HIPPA ..

But keep deflecting Your good at it
Old 07-16-2022, 04:07 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You’re wrong
1. “The people telling you the 10-year-old could get an abortion in Ohio are ignorant or lying,” White wrote, noting Ohio allowed no exceptions for rape, incest, or age of the mother. Doctors might conclude a pregnant girl so young met the statute’s exceptions for risk to the mother’s life or “serious risk of substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function,” but, he argued, it was far from clear legally, and a lawyer would be a “fool” to advise a doctor to go forward and risk the loss of their license, lawsuits, and prison.

2. “If so-called doctors are covering up child rape, they need to be prosecuted,” Watters declared, as Bernard’s photo was displayed with the label, “FAILURE TO REPORT?”

“So, is a criminal charge next and will Dr. Bernard lose her license?” he eagerly asked Rokita.

Rokita assured Watters that his office did indeed plan to burn the witch.

“We’re gathering the information, we’re gathering the evidence as we speak and we’re going to fight this to the end — including looking at her licensure, if she failed to report” the child’s abuse, the attorney general vowed. “I’m not letting it go.”

“DOC FAILED TO REPORT ABORTION OF ABUSE VICTIM,” the Fox News chyron declared Bernard guilty while her picture split the screen with Rokita.

Rokita made good on his pledge Thursday, issuing a statement declaring his office’s investigation into Bernard with potential criminal prosecution, action against her medical license, and a HIPAA violation.

The Washington Post’s Radley Balko, who frequently covers criminal justice issues, tweeted that Fox News was “either actively trying to get [Bernard] killed, or just don’t give a damn that they’re putting her in danger.”

3. Ryan Mears, the chief prosecutor for Marion County, Indiana, was highly critical of Rokita investigating Bernard when it was known that the rape had already been reported in Ohio, telling Sarnoff that the state law requires abuse to be reported, but “does not particularly state that Indiana law enforcement has to be notified.”

“It’s unfortunate that a doctor who provides legal medical treatment to a victim who needs help is now subject to this level of intimidation,” he added, which “erodes trust and the public’s confidence in institutions.”

4. Bernard did make a timely report.

On Thursday, various Indiana media outlets began posting documents they had obtained in response to public records requests, showing Barnard had filed her report on July 2, two days after the girl’s June 30 abortion (Indiana law required her to report by July 3).

Watters has yet to acknowledge that the witch hunt announced and promoted on his show was a sham.

“Bernard did no more than identify the girl’s age,” wrote Sarnoff, not her name, exact birthdate, physical description, address, date of treatment, or other identifying detail. “[I]t would be nearly impossible to identify a patient by their age alone…the sharing of an anonymized vignette about a patient’s medical treatments generally does not offend HIPAA.”

There are still unanswered questions about this case, but the witch hunts did nothing to spare the girl further suffering, nor did they alter the reality that we cannot morally or ethically demand that a 10-year-old give birth.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:

There are still unanswered questions about this case

yes, it is very sad that a doctor made this public for political reasons....
Old 07-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #55
wdmso

Ted Cruz, R-Texas, says he believes the Supreme Court was "clearly wrong" when it decided in a 2015 ruling that same-sex marriage was legal under the Constitution.

Surprise surprise who didn’t see this coming,
Old 07-17-2022, 11:13 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:

The Washington Post’s Radley Balko, who frequently covers criminal justice issues, tweeted that Fox News was “either actively trying to get [Bernard] killed, or just don’t give a damn that they’re putting her in danger.”

ummmm.....Lizzy Warren is calling for all of the abortion crisis centers in the country to be shut down for torturing pregnant women,,,,,and she sounded pretty angry so she's probably advocating violence.....well...more violence than they are already experiencing
Old 07-17-2022, 11:56 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yes, it is very sad that a doctor made this public for political reasons....
When Republicans are trying to block interstate travel for women and girls seeking reproductive healthcare, you need to believe they want a police state version of Handmaid’s Tale and vote blue.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
ummmm.....Lizzy Warren is calling for all of the abortion crisis centers in the country to be shut down for torturing pregnant women,,,,,and she sounded pretty angry so she's probably advocating violence.....well...more violence than they are already experiencing
Here is a brief look at the history of deadly violence against abortion clinics, their staff members, patients and their guests in the United States and Canada.

The First Abortion Doctor Killed: David Gunn
Dr. David Gunn was shot and killed by an opponent of abortion during a protest outside his clinic in Pensacola, Fla. His death was the first known killing of an abortion provider in the United States, according to the National Abortion Federation, an advocacy group.

The gunman, Michael F. Griffin, shot Dr. Gunn three times in the back as he approached the rear entrance of the clinic, and Mr. Griffin turned himself over to the police just moments later, telling them, “I’ve just shot Dr. Gunn.”

Mr. Griffin was convicted of the murder in March 1994 and was sentenced to life in prison.

The murder of Dr. Gunn was not the first time that Pensacola had been the site of anti-abortion violence, and it would not be the last. On Christmas Day in 1984, two doctors’ offices and a clinic were bombed by opponents of abortion who were later arrested, convicted and jailed.

I can go on for years about the domestic terrorism conducted against womens healthcare providers

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-17-2022, 12:22 PM   #59
scottw

Quote:

I can go on for years ....

I'm sure you will...
Old 07-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm sure you will...
The anti abortion killers did

George Tiller, Twice a Target, Is Killed in 2009
Dr. George Tiller, one of the few doctors in the United States who provided abortions late in pregnancy, was a frequent target of anti-abortion violence and was killed in 2009 by Scott Roeder as he stood in the foyer of his church.

A witness who was serving as an usher alongside Dr. Tiller at the church that day told the court that Mr. Roeder entered the foyer, put a gun to the doctor’s head and pulled the trigger.

At trial, Mr. Roeder admitted to killing Dr. Tiller and said he did it to protect unborn babies. He was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison. At his sentencing, he told the court that God’s judgment would ”sweep over this land like a prairie wind.”

Dr. Tiller was shot once before, in 1993, by Shelley Shannon, an anti-abortion activist who compared abortion providers to Hitler and said she believed that “justifiable force” was necessary to stop abortions.

Ms. Shannon was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the shooting of Dr. Tiller and later confessed to vandalizing and burning a string of abortion clinics in California, Nevada and Oregon.

Lets Go Darwin