Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-23-2022, 06:56 PM   #61
scottw

7/23/22

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-still...-polls-1727393

the recession probably in't going to help.....

guess that Taco comment didn't go over too well....

NEW LOW: Biden approval rating hits all-time low, only 19% support among Hispanics, poll shows
President Biden's approval rating hit an all-time low of 31%

should start calling him "NEW LOW" Brandon

"NEW LOW BRANDON"
"NEW LOW BRANDON"

Old 07-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
7/23/22

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-still...-polls-1727393

the recession probably in't going to help.....

guess that Taco comment didn't go over too well....

NEW LOW: Biden approval rating hits all-time low, only 19% support among Hispanics, poll shows
President Biden's approval rating hit an all-time low of 31%

should start calling him "NEW LOW" Brandon

"NEW LOW BRANDON"
"NEW LOW BRANDON"

19% among hispanics.

adios, muchacho!!

the recession is SURE to help!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-23-2022 at 08:27 PM..
Old 07-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso said texas has the most. so every other state is doing worse. but they only state he calls out, is the state that buses wind the most, because it’s texas.

makes all kinds of sense.
You really receive compensation for your skill with numbers?

Texas is a big state in size and population

It produces a lot of carbon per capita

It actually does more than most for renewables

It takes planning and intent to excel at renewables.

The future is not carbon based energy and failure to realize that puts us behind.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-23-2022, 08:22 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You really receive compensation for your skill with numbers?

Texas is a big state in size and population

It produces a lot of carbon per capita

It actually does more than most for renewables

It takes planning and intent to excel at renewables.

The future is not carbon based energy and failure to realize that puts us behind.
actually, he said TX had the largest percentage of wind if any state, not the highest absolute amount. So size has zero to do with it. he ranked percentage, not absolute production.

Any other stupidity you want to add? or are we good? sufficiently bitch slapped?
Old 07-24-2022, 03:00 AM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
you say texas is too cheap and profit driven to expand its wind. you said in the same breath that they use more wind than any other state. So why aren’t you even more critical
of all the other 49 states that use wind even less than TX does? aren’t those states even more cheap and profit driven than TX?

Talk about wanting to have it both ways.
To bad Texas isn’t as redundant as. You are. Which your usual false equivalences.. ps get back to me when other states Fail like Texas grid has repeatedly.. you really should take some current history lessons .. it might help your blindness
Old 07-24-2022, 03:23 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
To bad Texas isn’t as redundant as. You are. Which your usual false equivalences.. ps get back to me when other states Fail like Texas grid has repeatedly.. you really should take some current history lessons .. it might help your blindness
you said TX has the highest % of wind, yet you criticized them for
not doing enough.

if you’re right that TX had the highest %, that necessarily means that CT and MA have a lower % from wind. But you won’t criticize them.

That’s some serious logic wayne.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:54 AM   #67
scottw

Quote:
wdmso said texas has the most. so every other state is doing worse. but they only state he calls out, is the state that buses wind the most, because it’s texas.

makes all kinds of sense.
he thinks a state that had no windmills and then adds a windmill therefore increasing it's wind production by 100% is better than one whose % increase is much lower because they have so many existing windmills...particularly if it's Texas or Florida because he hates Texas and Florida.....he's an idiot

June 7, 2022

HOUSTON — Texas leads the nation in wind power generation. It makes up about 20% of the state's energy usage.

Daniel Cohan, an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Rice University, said that's because of a major push made several years ago toward identifying competitive, renewable energy zones.

"The state got all sides together and made a plan with about $7 billion of investments in transmission lines, more than any other state was going at the time," Cohan said. "So the wind boom we've had was made possible by that foresight and innovative program."

So, how are the wind and solar farms helping to keep the lights on in Texas?

"If it hadn't been for the tremendous growth we've had, especially in solar the past few years, we would have already been experiencing rolling blackouts even with that heat wave we got in May and really can't imagine how the grid would handle this week's heat wave," Cohan said.

CNBC CLIMATE
Texas led the country in new renewable energy projects last year
PUBLISHED FRI, FEB 18 2022

July 15 2022 LA TIMES California landfills are filling up with toxic solar panels
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...cycling-danger

Last edited by scottw; 07-24-2022 at 06:36 AM..
Old 07-24-2022, 05:00 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

The usual suspects are attacking wind again...
who is attacking wind?...I love wind and solar, I spent May off the grid...solar was my source of electricity, I'm investigating a small, portable wind turbine because wind is persistent where I go in the spring and I love being off the grid..I'd be buying the new Subaru ev this fall if it wasn't the first year for it and I'd like to see better range....probably next year.....I hope they put a wall of wind turbines around Nantucket

I wonder how many electric vehicles pete, wayne, gs and paul drive currently...
Old 07-24-2022, 08:16 AM   #69
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
who is attacking wind?...I love wind and solar, I spent May off the grid...solar was my source of electricity, I'm investigating a small, portable wind turbine because wind is persistent where I go in the spring and I love being off the grid..I'd be buying the new Subaru ev this fall if it wasn't the first year for it and I'd like to see better range....probably next year.....I hope they put a wall of wind turbines around Nantucket

Take a RAV hybrid for a ride. 40+ MPG and 450mile range on mine. Good compromise until the next vehicle/ev for me.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-24-2022, 08:48 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Take a RAV hybrid for a ride. 40+ MPG and 450mile range on mine. Good compromise until the next vehicle/ev for me.
I like that but I need a Subaru for my Bernie Sanders bumper sticker....
Old 07-24-2022, 09:25 AM   #71
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I like that but I need a Subaru for my Bernie Sanders bumper sticker....
Don’t forget, you’ll need one of these too..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-24-2022, 09:41 AM   #72
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

With his long hair and kombucha he’s basically there Kev, he’s just in liberal denial….

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-24-2022, 02:39 PM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
you said TX has the highest % of wind, yet you criticized them for
not doing enough.

if you’re right that TX had the highest %, that necessarily means that CT and MA have a lower % from wind. But you won’t criticize them.

That’s some serious logic wayne.
You don’t follow to well do you? you can’t understand spending money on redundancy over all isn’t the the same thing as just building some wind farms .. to bad you can’t show we’re I criticized Texas wind

It’s the Texas government blaming renewables for their grid problems not me.. like I said you’re short on history .
Old 07-24-2022, 02:40 PM   #74
wdmso

Quote:

better crank up those solar panels and propellers...

Spoken like a true believer
Old 07-24-2022, 04:00 PM   #75
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

I've got that right next to this.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	59
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	69043  
Old 07-24-2022, 05:36 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
actually, he said TX had the largest percentage of wind if any state, not the highest absolute amount. So size has zero to do with it. he ranked percentage, not absolute production.

Any other stupidity you want to add? or are we good? sufficiently bitch slapped?
Actually Bitch, I posted
“Meanwhile in reality, Texas is the leading producer of wind power in the U.S. at 33 megawatts.”
Go twiddle your twat

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-24-2022, 06:19 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually Bitch, I posted
“Meanwhile in reality, Texas is the leading producer of wind power in the U.S. at 33 megawatts.”
Go twiddle your twat
i was responding to him. he said TX was the leading state i. terms of percentage, then criticized TX for not doing more. Somehow, he can’t criticize the other 49 states that are behind TX.

again, that’s some serious logic. about as logical
as saying the democrats are poised to win the midterms.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #78
wdmso

Quote:
i was responding to him. he said TX was the leading state i. terms of percentage, then criticized TX for not doing more. Somehow, he can’t criticize the other 49 states that are behind TX.

again, that’s some serious logic. about as logical
as saying the democrats are poised to win the midterms.
You just can’t help yourself

“was responding to him. he said TX was the leading state i. terms of percentage, then criticized TX for not doing more. “

Yes Jim I criticized them to do more in redundancies in their Grid

Not that they have wind power !
Lol.

Gov. Greg Abbott and other Republicans blamed green energy for Texas’ power woes. But the state runs on fossil fuels.

Abbott said in an interview with Sean Hannity in the middle of a crisis that “the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America.” Ignoring that experts and officials agreed that a disruption in energy powered by fossil fuels was the biggest culprit behind Texas' outages

Republican politicians blamed wind turbines, which account for over 20 percent of the state’s electricity.

I guess this is just Republicans being Honest to their voters
Old 07-25-2022, 03:51 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
You just can’t help yourself

“was responding to him. he said TX was the leading state i. terms of percentage, then criticized TX for not doing more. “

Yes Jim I criticized them to do more in redundancies in their Grid

Not that they have wind power !
Lol.

Gov. Greg Abbott and other Republicans blamed green energy for Texas’ power woes. But the state runs on fossil fuels.

Abbott said in an interview with Sean Hannity in the middle of a crisis that “the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America.” Ignoring that experts and officials agreed that a disruption in energy powered by fossil fuels was the biggest culprit behind Texas' outages

Republican politicians blamed wind turbines, which account for over 20 percent of the state’s electricity.

I guess this is just Republicans being Honest to their voters
read the polls on where people prioritize the environment. tell
me which partys agenda is more in line with what americans are concerned about. i’ll
wait for you tell me which.

you want to convince people
we need to make sacrifices for the environment, tell the climate czar to stop flying in a private jet.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:13 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
read the polls on where people prioritize the environment. tell
me which partys agenda is more in line with what americans are concerned about. i’ll
wait for you tell me which.

you want to convince people
we need to make sacrifices for the environment, tell the climate czar to stop flying in a private jet.

And we move the goal posts yet again !

Next you’ll be complaining the Biden uses Air Force 1. So he’s a hypocrite

Which partys agenda is more in line with what americans are concerned about..

Of course you think it’s Republicans your brainwashed and gullible

House Republicans are planning to bombard Joe Biden’s administration with investigations next year, from Hunter Biden to the border to the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

including Democrats’ formation of the Jan. 6 select committee. But the party’s highest-profile targets are those with the potential to politically bruise the president ahead of 2024: his son’s business dealings, Afghanistan, the origins of the coronavirus,

And some conservatives in the conference are pushing for investigations into debunked 2020 election fraud claims,

If you can’t get to 60 in the Senate, you can make it a real issue … going into the next election,” he said.

Yep they are looking out for what concerns the American people..

Sounds more like a campaign Aid

And what can they pass if the can’t override. Biden’s veto. Nothing and they won’t even try . And we all know why their cowards and American 1st is just a campaign ad

Last edited by wdmso; 07-25-2022 at 05:18 PM..
Old 07-25-2022, 05:45 PM   #81
Jim in CT

wdmso, biden needs to be on air force 1. kerry doesn’t. i dont care if kerry flies private, but if he chooses to do so, i don’t want to hear him lecture me about reducing my carbon footprint. lead by example, have you ever heard that phrase before?

if he can fly private, so can anyone
else.

how is he not being a huge hypocrite?
Old 07-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:

And what can they pass if the can’t override. Biden’s veto.
so you’re saying Biden will
just be an obstructionist? and that’s ok?

did you see walmart’s earnings report? they cut their guidance because people are finally spending less. not good if walmart is the canary in the coal
mine.

they reduced their full year earnings per share estimate, by about 10%. Big drop for a huge retailer.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:56 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wdmso, biden needs to be on air force 1. kerry doesn’t. i dont care if kerry flies private, but if he chooses to do so, i don’t want to hear him lecture me about reducing my carbon footprint. lead by example, have you ever heard that phrase before?

if he can fly private, so can anyone
else.

how is he not being a huge hypocrite?
So does lead by example only work for those you oppose?
You said that leaders you like don’t have to be examples of moral leadership, but ones you don’t are required to?
Clown

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2022, 09:25 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
So does lead by example only work for those you oppose?
You said that leaders you like don’t have to be examples of moral leadership, but ones you don’t are required to?
Clown
Trump wasn’t elected to be the moral behavior czar, if he was, he’d have no business acting as he does. .

Kerry is the climate czar, yet voluntarily chooses to leave a massive carbon footprint, just for his own luxury and excessive convenience.

A president being a jerk, and a climate czar leaving a huge carbon footprint, don’t seem to be the same thing.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-25-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Old 07-25-2022, 09:53 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump wasn’t elected to be the moral behavior czar, if he was, he’d have no business acting as he does. .

Kerry is the climate czar, yet voluntarily chooses to leave a massive carbon footprint, just for his own luxury and excessive convenience.

A president being a jerk, and a climate czar leaving a huge carbon footprint, don’t seem to be the same thing.
Yea morals don’t count

If we had a functioning democracy, our politicians would impose a new super-tax on private jet users, but instead, the entire cost of a private jet can be used as a tax deduction, while teachers can only deduct $250 for school supplies on their taxes.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-26-2022, 05:31 AM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yea morals don’t count

If we had a functioning democracy, our politicians would impose a new super-tax on private jet users, but instead, the entire cost of a private jet can be used as a tax deduction, while teachers can only deduct $250 for school supplies on their taxes.
“morals don’t count”

How come they don’t count with the Clintons?

I don’t care about morals in my president. I care that he gets the job done. Morals are nice in a distant executive, but not vital. I’d rather have a pr*ck who gets the job done ( Clinton, Trump) than a nice guy who can’t do anything right.

morals only matter to you, when a republican is in charge.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:37 AM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

What the “conservatives” taught young adults at Churning Point

Lowlights from TPUSA's Student Action Summit

- “My pronoun is kiss my ass”
- "I have never been an escort for Senator Ted Cruz"
- "Nobody wants to impregnate you if you look like a thumb"
- "We have to defeat the climate crisis hoax"
Old 07-26-2022, 05:47 AM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
What the “conservatives” taught young adults at Churning Point

Lowlights from TPUSA's Student Action Summit

- “My pronoun is kiss my ass”
- "I have never been an escort for Senator Ted Cruz"
- "Nobody wants to impregnate you if you look like a thumb"
- "We have to defeat the climate crisis hoax"
you insulted TDFs daughters. So as always, it’s ok when you are crass, bad when conservatives are. Must be very convenient.

Biden : Republicans want to put blacks back in chains.

it’s ok when liberals
lie.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:00 AM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
“morals don’t count”

How come they don’t count with the Clintons?

I don’t care about morals in my president. I care that he gets the job done. Morals are nice in a distant executive, but not vital. I’d rather have a pr*ck who gets the job done ( Clinton, Trump) than a nice guy who can’t do anything right.

morals only matter to you, when a republican is in charge.
When your equivalence is between a blowjob and a self-coup by a thrice married man credibly accused of multiple sex crimes and you’re adamant that you hold the high moral ground.

No wonder Marge three toe, Rapey McForehead, Louie Gomhert, Ron Johnson and “Bobbin” Boebert are leading MAGA stars

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-26-2022, 06:04 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you insulted TDFs daughters. So as always, it’s ok when you are crass, bad when conservatives are. Must be very convenient.

Biden : Republicans want to put blacks back in chains.

it’s ok when liberals
lie.

Do you identify as a teenage girl or just act like one?

Lets Go Darwin