Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Torture, even that like was done to John McCain seems far more humane than killing them on the battlefield.
And McCain, who suffered it, is very anti-torture, no?

Lovely how we JUST found out that waterboarding helped in the last round of interrogation...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Lovely how we JUST found out that waterboarding helped in the last round of interrogation...
So says #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney. Unfortunately the report isn't quite that conclusive.

-spence
Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So says #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney. Unfortunately the report isn't quite that conclusive.

-spence
The reports are classified. Well at least they were classified. Now anything and everything is subject to release. The Pelosi's of the world don't care one bit about our national security , to them it's just politics as usual.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The reports are classified. Well at least they were classified. Now anything and everything is subject to release. The Pelosi's of the world don't care one bit about our national security , to them it's just politics as usual.
A lot of this report was redacted.

The pro-torture crowd will say that because EIT's were used at any time on some key terrorists, that the harsh methods are justified, regardless of when information was obtained or how credible it was.

This is the clever word game that Cheney has been playing in interviews this week.

Quite the contrary though, I'd note that the inspector who compiled the report states clearly that they couldn't determine if EIT's specifically were responsible for gaining any information.

An interesting note in the report is that KSM told the Red Cross he made a lot of stuff up just to get them to stop using the harsher methods, and that he tried to only give information he believed we already knew.

The net is we will probably never know for sure.

-spence
Old 08-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

While suddenly on the moral high ground investigation, can someone tell me

why there was no investigation into the bomb down Gaddafi's chimney,

which put him on ice for quite awhile, Clinton's bombing of the Sudan aspirin factory and

the recent asasination of one of al qaeda's top 5 leaders?

Makes a few dunkings, sleep deprivation and verbal threats child's play compared to the above.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
While suddenly on the moral high ground investigation, can someone tell me

why there was no investigation into the bomb down Gaddafi's chimney,

which put him on ice for quite awhile, Clinton's bombing of the Sudan aspirin factory and

the recent asasination of one of al qaeda's top 5 leaders?

Makes a few dunkings, sleep deprivation and verbal threats child's play compared to the above.
I'm sure some might say there's room to argue the legality of such actions under US Law and International conventions. I'd note that Clinton has taken a ton of heat for his "illegal" use of force in the Balkans, primarily by the GOP.

...but that's not really the point.

There's a big difference between how you treat someone at arms length vs a person who's under your "control".

-spence
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

There's a big difference between how you treat someone at arms length vs a person who's under your "control".

-spence
Ya mean there's a difference between killing with a knife or killing
with a rocket ?

Only difference is the guy who gets bombed never knows what hit him.
They're both dead.

" Choose Life "