Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #271
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Because it makes no sense to keep going around and around. No matter what source link I can post, you will find fault with and keep referring to snopes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But you didn't post ANY sources other than Alex Jones after claiming she had ties to the "Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Islam groups".
Old 10-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #272
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you didn't post ANY sources other than Alex Jones after claiming she had ties to the "Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Islam groups".
As I said, you wouldn't accept any opinionated links because they don't align with your way of thinking. So it would just be a waste of time. I'm sure you've read sources other than snopes, but you don't agree with any of them. I only hope Hillary gets brought down at last. Have a nice day.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 10-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #273
PaulS

Lol. You have a nice day also. Gonna go fishing later. Hopefully the rain is not too bad.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:14 AM   #274
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
https://youtu.be/nKt2zaOrxD8

How about some snopes links?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:30 AM   #275
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Could you expand on your McCarthy's playbook comment? I am reading three books on McCarthy and on the Venona papers. The story they tell "debunks" the accepted narrative on McCarthy.
How is the book on the Venona papers? Been told by a few people I need to read up on that.

Lots of Active Measures going on today

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-31-2016, 08:25 AM   #276
Raven

Quote:
I only hope Hillary gets brought down at last.
Amen to that
Old 10-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #277
buckman

Somebody should check on Spence to make sure he's OK although there is the possibility the FBI has seized his devices 😂
Old 10-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #278
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Somebody should check on Spence to make sure he's OK although there is the possibility the FBI has seized his devices ��
He mentioned something about meeting some Loretta chick at the airport and taking one for the team....

He must be going to utilize some of his newly acquired Yoga skills to further the cause...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #279
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He must be going to utilize some of his newly acquired Yoga skills to further the cause...
Don't knock it till you try it.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-07-2016, 01:03 AM   #280
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
How is the book on the Venona papers? Been told by a few people I need to read up on that.

Lots of Active Measures going on today
The Venona papers prove beyond doubt the massive extent that the Soviet Union infiltrated our government during WWII. They also verified the veracity of the previous House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) chaired by Democrat Martin Dies beginning in 1938 which investigated the presence of Communist agents in various as well as very important Federal Government agencies, Cabinets, and close advisers of FDR. They also to a great extent vindicated Republican Joseph McCarthy.

What was revealed was not only that Communist agents were spies, but, probably more important, was their ability to influence U.S. government policy in the most stunning way.

Using Venona, the release of KGB files after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and FBI files (the FBi had done considerable investigation and discovery of the infiltration, but their information was not made use of by the FDR administration), it has been confirmed that not only were those named by the Dies committee and by McCarthy actually working for, or had worked for, the Soviets as spies, but, more importantly, they were able to shift policy in favor of Moscow. The deliverance of Eastern Europe into the Soviet sphere, the abandonment of Chiang Kai-shek and favoring of Mao and the Communists thus forcing China into the Communist sphere, and even the attack on Pearl Harbor, were all influenced and orchestrated by Communist agents (in those cases, Alger Hiss, Harry Dexter White, Laughlin Currie and others) who were employed in High government places as well as being close advisors to FDR. Other policies of agencies created by the New Deal, especially the Agriculture and Labor Departments, were influenced directly by Soviet agents in those and other departments.

So much of what happened then is similarly happening now. As Yogi Berra would say, deja vu all over again--politics being the motive to cover up truth. Even though Dies was a Democrat, the FDR administration, for the most part, did not for various reasons follow through on removing Communist agents from government employment. And it was denied that some close advisors to FDR were Communists (they were). But Dies was not discredited.

McCarthy, on the other hand, was a Republican. When he pointed out the Communist infiltration, and the failure to remove it, the Democrats could not abide someone from the other party being the one pointing out what was obviously true. That would make them and their Hero FDR and his New Deal look bad. So they destroyed McCarthy and created the misconceived notion of "McCarthyism" which has been used ever since as a bludgeon to discredit opponents.

The three books I am reading which lays it all out are: Stalin's Secret Agents by M. Stanton Evans and Herbert Romerstein, Blacklisted by History by M. Stanton Evans, and The Venona Secrets By Herbert Romerstein and Eric Breindel. The first one is the shortest and easiest read. The latter two are 500+ and 600+ paged tomes. They all are exceedingly well researched, indexed, and laden with notes and footnotes. The latter two having appendixes with copies of documents and the last with an extensive bibliography of sources. Scholarly and reputable works worth reading. Though I am slogging through the long ones and may skip parts in order to finish them.

What also was revealed was the improper security measures and inadequate vetting in hiring or appointing government employees--issues with which we are, arguably, dealing now with refugees, illegal immigrants, and with government employees and advisers (Huma Abedin, e.g.).

Of course, now it is no longer considered by the left a risk to employ those with Marxist leanings. And it would not be surprising if we have been infiltrated to some degree by those with Islamist leanings who have the ear of the administration, influencing it in favor of their agenda (deal with Iran, e.g.).

As you say, lots of Active Measures going on today. Hopefully, the measures don't turn out as horribly as those that shaped events and maps during WWII and its aftermath. Or, even worse for us as a country, a departure from a truly liberal and limited government and the embracing of an authoritarion one.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #281
wdmso

Trump cries foul as FBI clears Clinton

The FBI director said a fresh inquiry into the Democratic candidate's communications found nothing to change the bureau's conclusion this summer.

Donald Trump has accused the FBI of impropriety..

he loved them last week but like a spoiled child when things didn't go his way back to the real Donald..

this is what happens when you put the cart before the Horse
Old 11-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #282
BigBo

I'd wager Comey had threats made against him in order to come to that conclusion.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 11-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #283
PaulS

Quote:
I'd wager Comey had threats made against him in order to come to that conclusion.
What did they threaten him with? Sic the FBI on him?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #284
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
for every e-mail he reviews, Hillary kills a kitten.

loss of job always is an effective threat too...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #285
BigBo

Loss of job, loss of pension, any number of things. And then there's the flip side that he may have been given promises of compensation. We'll probably never know. 650k emails seems like it would take more than just under a week to comb through. Something reeks.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #286
PaulS

Quote:
Loss of job, loss of pension, any number of things. And then there's the flip side that he may have been given promises of compensation. We'll probably never know. 650k emails seems like it would take more than just under a week to comb through. Something reeks.
You can't take away his pension.

Wouldn't they have had to only look at emails from Clinton's server?

So you think he was bribed? He was paid a lot more at Bridgewater Assoc.

He went from the rights goat to a hero and now he is a goat again.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #287
Jim in CT

Quote:
Comey's brother holds the mortgage on Comey's house. Comey's brother works at the law firm that did the tax audit for the Clinton Foundation. That's being reported, anyway.

Also, we know Comey's boss is very chummy with the Clintons (did Bill Clinton name her a US Attorney when he was POTUS??? I think he may have). And the fact that the Clinton campaign said they would consider keeping Lynch on as Attorney General 5 seconds after Comey declined to indict in July, is just a coincidence, right?

It was very, very strange what Comey did recently. I'd love to know what he was thinking.

Hillary wins handily in the electoral math. 50% chance the Dems take the Senate, and THAT will be a disaster for my side. Going off to lick our wounds, big time. Not as bad as 2008, but up there.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #288
Jim in CT

Quote:
He went from the rights goat to a hero and now he is a goat again.
Paul, how exactly is that different from his relationship with the left? He was a hero, then Satan, now a hero again. You left that out. Just an oversight on your part I am sure.