Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so you are saying it's ok to attack these kids because Hogg?
Funny clearly pointing out that they were not just standing still, they were actively participating is considered attacking

But what the right did to him (hogg) are not even comparable ... but keep trying
Old 01-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny clearly pointing out that they were not just standing still, they were actively participating is considered attacking

But what the right did to him (hogg) are not even comparable ... but keep trying
I'll take that as a yes
Old 01-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm guessing what both of them are saying is neither side is any better than the other.
That would be refreshing if they would actually say that.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #34
wdmso

The right lies to attack and the right lies to defend it's what they do lying is in their DNA

Currently they are after the guy and the drum and his veteran status ,,, attacking him now AS IF IT'S RELEVANT to what the video shows seeing he was last to show up?

there is a beginning a middle and end to the video ..

but conserves have decided to do what they blame the fake news of doing ... defending Christians with the section of the video that supports their argument ignoring the rest
Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

See Paul, they can't do it

Old 01-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #36
Sea Dangles

Hence,the term snowflake.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That would be refreshing if they would actually say that.
I wish I could actually say it my self but the 2 incidents are not equal

In the parkland case they were publicly attacked by many consertives pundits talk show host and the likes as being actors not even going to the school the whole 9 yards and is still happening but you get this Huckabee Sanders on Covington Media Coverage: "I've Never Seen People So Happy To Destroy A Kid's Life" aka short memories

In this case the 1st story was presented incorrectly and was followed up and corrected by all sources no one suggested they were plants or paid actors or they were there to start a problem

Huckabee Sanders on Covington Media Coverage: "I've Never Seen People So Happy To Destroy A Kid's Life"

Some have suggested they started it but have walked that back but I haven't seen these attempt to destroy a kids life .. if he goes and hangs out with Trump as a political pawn ,,, then he will truly become a victim used as a Martyr forTrump and his Base
Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #38
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I guess i missed the part on my ballot where I voted for Pundits. Is Sarah Hauckabee Sanders wrong?

Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
I wish I could actually say it my self but the 2 incidents are not equal
no one said they were and you injected Hogg...........
Old 01-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
are you ok with what happened to these children? did they deserve this? bomb threats at the school, death threats to specific

This was posted by Jim and seem a better here it adds to the poor victims fake news the right is pushing

But the right conveniently forgets David Hogg the fake actor the kids were plants the whole shooting was afake he didn’t even go to the school ... All the hate and attacking were publicly displayed by conservative in radio hosts attacking him daily Sarah Sanders but now the children of Covington poor victim was Christians were attacked brutally by the fake media

Conservatives have the shortest memories when it comes to history and what they say or do
who here, saidnthe parkland shooting was fake?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm guessing what both of them are saying is neither side is any better than the other.

Nobody looked good in the whole story.

If I was the kid, my parents would prob. paddle my behind for thinking I could stand in front of an adult like that. But I guess entitled kids now a days......

My Jesuit all boys high school would not have allowed MAGA hats either and would have moved us students away.
so because the students didn’t leave, theybare to blame. got it.

and i also went to a catholic high school, which nevernwouldnhave banned maga hats on a field trip. you’re saying when children wear that hat, they need to expect to be confronted? unreal.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

what did the kid at the center of this, Sandmann, do exactly?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
The right lies to attack and the right lies to defend it's what they do lying is in their DNA

Currently they are after the guy and the drum and his veteran status ,,, attacking him now AS IF IT'S RELEVANT to what the video shows seeing he was last to show up?

there is a beginning a middle and end to the video ..

but conserves have decided to do what they blame the fake news of doing ... defending Christians with the section of the video that supports their argument ignoring the rest
phillips got in the face of a 16 year old who was doing nothing, and told
one lie after another about what happened. then he tried to break into a catholic church during mass, to protest.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who here, saidnthe parkland shooting was fake?
Big picture Jim. .. theres is a lot said outside our little fourm that apply to both stories that's all .....
Old 01-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Big picture Jim. .. theres is a lot said outside our little fourm that apply to both stories that's all .....
ok. who anywhere, said it was fake? anyone who
matters? in this case, you have media pundits and celebrities calling those kids the worst names in the world. famous people with a real audience. you’re comparing that to some
nut denyingbthe shooting happened?

i’ll ask again, from the video, what did Sandmann donthat would
make any sane person concludemhe caused this?
Old 01-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
phillips got in the face of a 16 year old who was doing nothing, and told
one lie after another about what happened. then he tried to break into a catholic church during mass, to protest.
Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd and that he had intervened because racial tensions — primarily between the white students and the black men — were “coming to a boiling point.”

Not sure why you are conecting how others reported the event and how he reported the event as a lie ?.

You can't break into a church but not sure how this is has anything to do with the topic other than to foreward the Christianity under attack rmantra

Ps Christians don't like catholics
Old 01-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd and that he had intervened because racial tensions — primarily between the white students and the black men — were “coming to a boiling point.”

Not sure why you are conecting how others reported the event and how he reported the event as a lie ?.

You can't break into a church but not sure how this is has anything to do with the topic other than to foreward the Christianity under attack rmantra

phillips first said that the kids surrounded him and blocked his path. we know that’s bullsh*t.

phillips also said the kids were beasts and that the black hebrews were their prey. also bullsh*t.

so he didn’t clarify anyrhing until all his lies were exposed, so his clarification was phony and self serving.

and yes, you can break into a church. he tried to enter during mass to disrupt and protest, and he was stopped by security.

christianity is under attack, which is why a 16 year old kid who did nothing, is getting death threats and his school was shut down because of security concerns.

you can’t acknowlesge anything that doesn’t support the narrative.

i’ll ask you again, what should that kid have done? phillips was directly in front of him, so he couldn’t go forward. his classmates were behind him, so he couldn’t go backwards. what was he supposed to do, in order to not get death threats? he was trapped, so he stood there smiling and let this weirdo howl in his face until he got tired.

you people are unreal. we have entered a new phase of derangement. children who do nothing, get death threats because he made someone in your side look stupid.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:

you know that Catholics are Christians...right?
Old 01-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
how do you talk with someone who is capable of saying such nonsense?

wdmso, catholics are christians. catholicism is a form of christianity.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
And sunni and shia are muslim and they dont like each other

glad your as uninformed as ever
Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
how do you talk with someone who is capable of saying such nonsense?

wdmso, catholics are christians. catholicism is a form of christianity.
like i told scott I am glad your as uninformed as usual
Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #52
wdmso

seeing some here love you tube

Roman Catholics are Not Christians

ttps://

or Why We Don’t Consider Catholics to Be Christians (in as polite and simple terms possible)

https://pulpitandpen.org/2016/02/18/...erms-possible/

I wish i made this stuff up but I have not ... Not all people share these views but let's be clear but many do...
Old 01-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
And sunni and shia are muslim and they dont like each other

glad your as uninformed as ever
If you had said protestants and catholics don't like each other then this comparison would work.

Catholics are Christians

Old 01-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:

or Why We Don’t Consider Catholics to Be Christians (in as polite and simple terms possible)

I wish i made this stuff up but I have not ... Not all people share these views but let's be clear but many do...
i can find a website that says the earth is flat, doesn’t make it so.

catholics are indeed christians.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:34 AM   #55
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
If you had said protestants and catholics don't like each other then this comparison would work.

Catholics are Christians
he just ate the dice off the monopoly table
Old 01-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #56
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Open wide and say aaaah.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Just saying, nobody will ever win this argument.
from the Bulwark aka The Weekly Standard reincarnated

The scissor is a statement, an idea or a scenario that’s somehow perfectly calibrated to tear people apart — not just by generating disagreement, but by generating total incredulity that somebody could possibly disagree with your interpretation of the controversy, followed by escalating fury and paranoia and polarization, until the debate seems like a completely existential, win-or-perish fight.
It doesn’t activate until you start discussing it with somebody. At first you just think they’re an imbecile. Then they call you an imbecile, and you want to defend yourself. Crescit eundo. You notice all the little ways they’re lying to you and themselves and their audience every time they open their mouth to defend their imbecilic opinion. Then you notice how all the lies are connected, that in order to keep getting the little things like the Scissor statement wrong, they have to drag in everything else.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

The scissor is a statement.
that's all you had to say....
Old 01-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
christianity is under attack, which is why a 16 year old kid who did nothing, is getting death threats and his school was shut down because of security concerns.
Under attack by a 64 year old native american who likes to pray?

Quote:
i’ll ask you again, what should that kid have done? phillips was directly in front of him, so he couldn’t go forward. his classmates were behind him, so he couldn’t go backwards. what was he supposed to do, in order to not get death threats? he was trapped, so he stood there smiling and let this weirdo howl in his face until he got tired.
Have you noticed the disrespectful language you use to describe the man, weirdo, howl, hyena. Why don't you just come out and say it?

The kid was laughing and loose and decided to stiffen up and smugly stare Phillips down. That's a confrontational position. Perhaps he was just trying to impress his friends which high school kids often do. Regardless it was his decision.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #60
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Under attack by a 64 year old native american who likes to pray?

Have you noticed the disrespectful language you use to describe the man, weirdo, howl, hyena. Why don't you just come out and say it?

The kid was laughing and loose and decided to stiffen up and smugly stare Phillips down. That's a confrontational position. Perhaps he was just trying to impress his friends which high school kids often do. Regardless it was his decision.
spence...you need mental help