Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Van
zoom

A-Whole Plow Driver

I usually respect these guys as it is a long grueling job in weather like this. But complete disregard for others safety is NOT OK.

I had the luxury of coming to work today in this mess. 4WD Tacoma goes through it like a mountain goat. So I am only a 1/4 mile from work moving along the right lane with a car in front of me and a plow truck (blade up) to my left. In a split second he decides to make a right from the left lane and just misses the car in front of him and forces me part way into the bank. He stopped enough so I slid by with no contact. I jumped out of the the truck and approached him screaming. All traffic stopped. As I chased him, he took off like a FRIGGIN COWARD. I could not get the name off the door. I wish I could have..
My rant for the day.

Drive 10 miles to work---no problem. Until this idiot pulls a brain dead move.

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
His ass would have belonged to me!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
BigBo

Some of them think they own the road because snow is falling. If you're going from job to job, you're sharing the road. Angle the plow blade so you're not taking up the whole width of a very narrow road.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Some of them think they own the road because snow is falling. If you're going from job to job, you're sharing the road. Angle the plow blade so you're not taking up the whole width of a very narrow road.
been happenin here all week
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #5
Raven

had-em block me in once with snow
on purpose.... had just arrived....
but @ the time i was drivin a blazer
shifted into low and burst outta there
like it was nuthin... because i eat
my spinach.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
ronfish

What gripes me is the independent plow driver who does a mail box area and doesn't push the snow off the road leaving a hump about 3' out in the road or he pushes the snow out of the driveway to the opposite side of the road but doesn't clean up what falls off the plow so you end up with w speed bump in the road. Ron
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Plow drivers rule.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 AM   #8
Raven

WELL except for the non Pat's fans

they suck....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Plow drivers rule.
The one's that know what they're doing certainly do. Unfortunately, any yahoo with enough cash can buy a plow, put it on their truck and they think they can do it all.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #10
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

You know for every experience you have with a guy driving a plow. The guy in the plow probably has 50. Since I have owned a plow and I have to be out there working during some of the worst of it. I am amazed at how stupid people are when its Snowing.

College kids out in jeeps for no reason. Adults going to the store for what? People jogging in the middle of a blizzard (trying too effing hard to be that guy IMHO). The view and perspective from behind the plow is a lot more eye opening than when I was the driver going to the store etc
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #11
Van
zoom

I didn't want to start a plowman vs. people war. The ahole that cut me off had a plow on the truck, but it could have been any truck. If he thought his cahones were larger because he had a blade on the front and its his rules....than he is a total jerko__ and does not deserve the extra work. What if I was driving with young kids in the car? Its NOT OK to endanger other people. This goes for every driver.

Other than that he knew he was wrong or would not have blasted out of there that fast. Or it could have been the baseball bat I was reaching for.

That said, while clearing the driveway yesterday (and the street because Quincy was hit hardest) the "independant" plow drove by waved to me as I got out of his way. Then I said WAIT WHAT ???? The blade is up. He's just driving around getting his GPS miles to charge to my taxes and NOT DOING HIS JOB !!!

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

My wife has seen many a plow driver hitting the liquor store just before they head out....whether they are saving it for after they finish is up for debate....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #13
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Dont get me wrong I am sure the guy was an A Hole. The experience of plowing has been eye opening to say the least. Particularly in the middle of the storm. Guy was probably a complete Douche.
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
My wife has seen many a plow driver hitting the liquor store just before they head out....whether they are saving it for after they finish is up for debate....

I've had plow trucks since 1984 and have never 1 time experienced anything like that.
Not saying it may not happen but makes no difference if in a plow truck or a garbage truck, that same idiot would no doubt be drinking in the same truck during the summer.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

That said, while clearing the driveway yesterday (and the street because Quincy was hit hardest) the "independant" plow drove by waved to me as I got out of his way. Then I said WAIT WHAT ???? The blade is up. He's just driving around getting his GPS miles to charge to my taxes and NOT DOING HIS JOB !!![/QUOTE]

Van,
Trust me, you're most likely wrong.
I've been plowing streets for about 30 years ( as a matter of fact back in either 1985 or 86 plowed your neighborhood for the city of Quincy when I lived off Sea st.)
Lots of the time the end of the storm we end up driving around cleaning up what what gets thrown back into the streets, either by people shoveling out, snow falling off cars from people too lazy to clean off their cars, cars skidding of the road making a mess or whatever.
Sure there are always bad apples but a lots of the times it's not always what it looks like.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
That said, while clearing the driveway yesterday (and the street because Quincy was hit hardest) the "independant" plow drove by waved to me as I got out of his way. Then I said WAIT WHAT ???? The blade is up. He's just driving around getting his GPS miles to charge to my taxes and NOT DOING HIS JOB !!!

[/QUOTE]
Van,
Trust me, you're most likely wrong.
I've been plowing streets for about 30 years ( as a matter of fact back in either 1985 or 86 plowed your neighborhood for the city of Quincy when I lived off Sea st.)
Lots of the time the end of the storm we end up driving around cleaning up what what gets thrown back into the streets, either by people shoveling out, snow falling off cars from people too lazy to clean off their cars, cars skidding of the road making a mess or whatever.
Sure there are always bad apples but a lots of the times it's not always what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry....
Late response, I was on vacation in Islamorada where there is NO SNOW and the fishing was AWESOME..I think I'm going to retire soon down there. Lots of fishing YEAR ROUND' and warm weather.

Ron...I admit, I've been been wrong on many occasions. But the street was an absolute mess as it was still snowing, when he drove by. It would need multiple passes to get it opened up and it was not done yet. I had been using my own snowblower to clear parts of the road just so that we could maneuver cars in and out to clean the end of the driveways and so that people could get out (but for whatever reason I don't know) !!!

This is the same GC (contracted by the city) that does the street every time. I'm not saying all drivers are bad. Yes, there are always some bad apples in the mix this may be one of them.

Anyway lets just think of warmer weather, melting snow and going fishing......

~..~..~.. ><((((º>