Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
Wee Hooker

Best cart for a T140?

I've always carried or just plain dragged my SINKS around but the weight of the new T140 along with it's exposed rudder have me thinking I need a better solution. Wondering which cart you guys preffer for dragging / launching your Tarpons. Is there one that works well and stows onboard? Should I get one that goes in the scuppers or a filding stap on style?
Any and all advice appreciated.
Wee Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
hulkyj61
The one that got away

There are a few out there, I like the paddleboy one with the straps and largeg tires for the sand. I think i have the air yedo or heavy lifter, i just know it has inflatable tires and works great. http://paddleboy.com/pages/center.html

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
hulkyj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #3
hooked

Make one. I've got a T120 and made a cart of PVC & large mower wheels. The width is sized for the grooves in the hull and it fits in the tankwell behind the crate. Cost about $35. It's not great for soft sand but works great on everything else. I'll get a picture and post it tomorrow if it would help.

The first one I made used the scuppers but didn't want to risk damaging the plastic. Several guys had issues with leaks on some of the first 120s sold.

Last edited by hooked; 05-15-2006 at 12:48 AM..
hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
toddonbi

get one with big tires and as much width as you can get, tipping stinks- I forget the name of it but i got mine at KFS.

toddonbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
hooked

These wheels are not for soft sand. I don't know if the 140 has the same channels in the hull or the same tankwell width. This is sized for my 120.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (66.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (67.8 KB, 15 views)
hooked is offline   Reply With Quote