Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2021, 09:04 AM   #61
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Back to the topic

Republicans kick and scream “voter fraud” until they win an election.

Virginia confirmed that.

Show me the last time the counting of ballots was stopped in the middle of the night, windows were covered so the counters couldn’t keep an eye on, postal workers caught bringing cases of filled in ballots over state lines………..
And a republican won 🤔

Your hate for the other side blinds you.

Also
You seem to be an expert on rape & sexual assault.
You talking from experience 🤔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Show me the last time the counting of ballots was stopped in the middle of the night, windows were covered so the counters couldn’t keep an eye on, postal workers caught bringing cases of filled in ballots over state lines………..
And a republican won 🤔

Also
congratulations to the "you lost, get over it" crowd from 2016, now enjoying their 366th consecutive day of not getting over losing in 2020

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2021, 10:31 AM   #63
Jim in CT

AOC says they lost in VA because they were too moderate, not radical
enough.

this is precisely the reaction that every republican was hoping for.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #64
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
congratulations to the "you lost, get over it" crowd from 2016, now enjoying their 366th consecutive day of not getting over losing in 2020

You didn’t answer either question
Old 11-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And a republican won 🤔

After a year of investigation, zero proof has been found of any chicanery in the 2020 presidential election with the exception of several Republicans who filled out ballots for their dead relatives
You just keep believing
I heard that yesterday there were hundreds of people in Texas waiting for JFK jr and Trump to show up so that he could be president again, didn't miss it did you?

Also
I know a few investigators, in fact one was asking about a charter captain who raped a stripper he picked up at the Glass Slipper.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2021, 01:41 PM   #66
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
I know a few investigators, in fact one was asking about a charter captain who raped a stripper he picked up at the Glass Slipper.

What the #^&#^&#^&#^& is the Glass Slipper & who’s the captain ?
Old 11-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Of course bias doesn't exist, we are all color blind and society should take no responsibility at all.

The Dems made a mistake when CRT was adopted as an issue by Trumplicans, of not saying Society does not bear ALL responsibility for the current status of black americans but we do need to help our fellow americans help themselves and to do that we need to look at history honestly, not hiding the bad parts.

One of the often cited black economists, Glen Loury wrote:
What we call “race” is mainly a social, and only indirectly a biological, phenomenon. The persistence across generations of racial differentiation between large groups of people, in an open society where individuals live in proximity to one another, provides irrefutable indirect evidence of a profound separation between the racially defined networks of social affiliation within that society. There would be no races in the steady state of any dynamic social system unless, on a daily basis and with regard to their most intimate affairs, people paid assiduous attention to the boundaries separating themselves from racially distinct others. Over time, race would cease to exist unless people chose to act in a manner so as biologically to reproduce the variety of phenotypic expression that constitutes the substance of racial distinction.

How should we think about the persistence of racial inequality in America? To deny the relevance of behavioral patterns among some black families and communities is folly. To wash one’s hands of their problems because of such cultural and behavioral impediments is profoundly unjust. There are no easy answers, but I suggest that the view here is worth considering as a way to account for, and then respond to, an enduring dilemma that confronts and frustrates us still.

Take the poor central-city dwellers who make up perhaps a quarter of the African-American population. The dysfunctional behavior of many in this population does account for much of their failure to progress—and conservatives’ demand for greater personal responsibility is necessary and proper. Yet, confronted with the despair, violence, and self-destructive behavior of so many people, it seems morally superficial in the extreme to argue, as many conservatives do, that “those people should just get their acts together; if they did, like many of the poor immigrants, we would not have such a horrific problem in our cities.” To the contrary, any morally astute response to the social pathology of American history’s losers would have to conclude that, while we cannot change our ignoble past, we must not be indifferent to contemporary suffering issuing directly from that past. Their culture may be implicated in their difficulties, but so is our culture complicit in their troubles; we bear collective responsibility for the form and texture of our social relations.

While we cannot ignore the behavioral problems of the so-called black underclass, we should discuss and react to those problems as if we were talking about our own children, neighbors, and friends. It will require adjusting ways of thinking on both sides of the racial divide. Achieving a well-ordered society, where all members are embraced as being among us, should be the goal. Our failure to do so is an American tragedy. It is a national, not merely a communal, disgrace. Changing the definition of the American “we” is a first step toward rectifying the relational discrimination that afflicts our society, and it is the best path forward in reducing racial inequality.
Don't know when Loury said this, but I do know that he has gone through two or three evolutions of thought on the subject of racial inequality, from "liberal" to "conservative" to wavering between the two to much closer to "conservative" in his present iteration. Your citation seems closer to his wavering period. He has evolved since then to his current pragmatic view that "those people should just get their acts together" view. Whatever little merit he sees in some concepts of CRT, on the whole he considers it a fraud and of no help in actually solving the racial divide. In fact, he has come to the conclusion that stuff like CRT will cripple the endeavors of blacks to rise from the bottom.

Here is one of those hour long videos with him giving his opinion on solving the problems as opposed to the gestures and misguided leftist theories which will not only retard progress, but set back that which has been made. You can't make an intelligent detailed argument about it in just ten minutes. Since you have quoted him in this post and therefor giving him the creds to be listened to, I dare you to watch the whole thing and then discuss it:

Old 11-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Sorry
I’m not watching videos
Boring and a pain to analyze
Old 11-04-2021, 09:28 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What the #^&#^&#^&#^& is the Glass Slipper & who’s the captain ?
Hard telling, know any charter captains?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2021, 09:42 PM   #70
detbuch

Quote:
Sorry
I’m not watching videos
Easy painless way out. Stay stupid. But thanks for torturing the rest of us with your lengthy really interesting links and cut and pastes. We're, unlike you, suckers to take the time to thoughtfully and agonizingly respond.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:30 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry
I’m not watching videos
in other words, you know he’s got you and you don’t want to discuss it anymore.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
in other words, you know he’s got you and you don’t want to discuss it anymore.
anticipate a very lengthy cut and paste unrelated to anything
Old 11-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Easy painless way out. Stay stupid. But thanks for torturing the rest of us with your lengthy really interesting links and cut and pastes. We're, unlike you, suckers to take the time to thoughtfully and agonizingly respond.
Transcripts of videos are less than 10 pages and readable in a fraction of the length of the video
Assuming people can read

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
Transcripts of videos are less than 10 pages and readable in a fraction of the length of the video
Assuming people can read
For someone who seems to be so insistent that we must know the "truth" that he must daily spread it on the forum and insist that we must listen to it, you sure are resistant to seriously considering or even listening to those who see the truth differently from you. Good way to stay stupid.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah yes, the truth is found watching YouTube
You do realize that the YouTube algorithm, picks things that reinforce your viewing.
So you’re fed more of the baloney you watch until it’s the great majority of what you see, makes it true.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:14 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Ah yes, the truth is found watching YouTube
You do realize that the YouTube algorithm, picks things that reinforce your viewing.
So you’re fed more of the baloney you watch until it’s the great majority of what you see, makes it true.
Well, you use YouTube a lot. Anyway, YouTube's algorithm may have a large task with me since I'm interested in a variety things and opinions. I sometimes get a chuckle when after watching a couple of videos, the next time in I get a bunch of like minded to be listed. So I'll pick a contrary topic to get a bunch of that ilk to be algorithmed my way next time. Then switch back. Heh, heh . . . just for fun . . . and for a different perspective.

Anyway I get the other "side" in droves from you and the other anti Trumpers, et al.

But, more to the point, I don't search for topics just by browsing YouTube. I more often use search engines like Google or Bing (which also have algorithms, Google being oriented more toward the politically Progressive).