Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-10-2021, 08:22 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Your little heroes mother drove him across state lines with a gun.

When Kyle told the cops he had just shot someone, the officer ultimately tells him to “Go home! Go home! Go home!”

He did.

Is that what it’s like for people like KyleRittenhouse in America?
Explain further how white privilege doesn’t exist
Clown
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i said he was very stupid. from that, you interpret he’s my hero.

you don’t get invited to too many MENSA picnics, do you?
Old 11-10-2021, 08:25 PM   #32
Jim in CT

can one of the liberals here, comment on the notion spread by the left, that Rittenhouses actions are the acts of a white suoremacist? He shot theee whites people.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:41 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
can one of the liberals here, comment on the notion spread by the left, that Rittenhouses actions are the acts of a white suoremacist? He shot theee whites people.
You were fed that by who?
I would surmise that it may have been said by A talking head on TV
Then amplified by right wing media

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

When Kyle told the cops he had just shot someone, the officer ultimately tells him to “Go home! Go home! Go home!”

He did.

Clown
Well Mr Mensa?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2021, 08:57 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well Mr Mensa?
you’re responding to your own posts now? that’s not weird.

investigate the cop who told him that. but that summer, we kind of stopped enforcing laws. rioters allowed to riot, looters slowed to loot, arsonists allowed to burn buildings. liberals are the ones willing to forget about the law when there’s political capital to gain.

Duh.

If there was white orivilege, he would t be facing BS charges that could imprison him for life.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:19 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re responding to your own posts now? that’s not weird.

investigate the cop who told him that. but that summer, we kind of stopped enforcing laws. rioters allowed to riot, looters slowed to loot, arsonists allowed to burn buildings. liberals are the ones willing to forget about the law when there’s political capital to gain.

Duh.

If there was white orivilege, he would t be facing BS charges that could imprison him for life.
I’ll never catch up to you in posts, little girl

Nobody was not enforcing laws, that’s why cops were all around when Kyle Rittenhouse was walking around with a gun, though they failed to ask him any questions.
Wonder why

Just what would you suggest an appropriate response from law enforcement to rioters would be?
Would that same response have been appropriate on January 6th?

Two people are dead and one misguided kids life’s all f’d up

You’re blaming it on liberals, I suppose they bought him a gun and drove him there

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ll never catch up to you in posts, little girl
no surprise, since you were banned from starting them. did you ever ask yourself why that happened? how deranged and obsessed you are?
Old 11-10-2021, 09:41 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Your little heroes mother drove him across state lines with a gun.

He did.

Clown
There's not enough information in that little sketch to determine anything about "white privilege," but it's skimpy enough to jump to a conclusion if you want to.

I remember being on Jury in Detroit several years ago in a trial of a small group of black teens in a black neighborhood just outside of Grosse Pointe who had observed a white man in a Cadillac coming from the direction of Grosse Pointe daily passing through their neighborhood down that street always at about the same time. They decided to place a fallen tree across the road around that time to block him. When he stopped and got out of the car to remove the tree they jumped him, beat him up, and the upshot was that he died as a result of their attack.

We, the jury, were given the facts, then, I can't remember, either the trial commenced awhile or just after it did, the judge, a famous black judge in Detroit at the time, put a halt and ordered us back into the jury room where we waited to find out what was up. After some time, the Judge came in, smiling, and informing us that we were not going to go through the inconvenience of a trial. That he had made the decision, because of the unjust racist conditions that the teens had experienced all their lives they could not be truly culpable, that they did not understand the gravity of what they had done. And he had given them a good stern lecture on how what they did was wrong and that they could ruin their lives and spend the rest of their life in prison if they continued down that path. He was convinced that they understood and told them if they did not change and if they ever did such a thing again, he would see to it that they would spend the rest of their lives in prison. And he released them.

He was obviously pleased with how he handled it and happily gave us the news, probably thinking we would understand and be satisfied and happy as well that we could go home.

It was a long time ago, and I've forgotten the details and my account is probably not accurate in the details. But I remember that I felt something was not right. That, though the judge was right that I would be glad not to go through a trial, I didn't feel that justice had been served. But, apparently, he being a longstanding and important judge, there must have been a valid reason for what he did.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
no surprise, since you were banned from starting them. did you ever ask yourself why that happened? how deranged and obsessed you are?
Poor victim
Ranting in a new thread daily about the horrible things Tucker tells you are happening to you.
Life in white suburbia that bad?
If these last few years have taught us anything, it’s that entitled folks like you are a lot easier to turn into domestic terrorists than those that have faced actual adversity and oppression. The comforts of consumerism have bred such contempt and lack of empathy in so many Americans.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim
Ranting in a new thread daily about the horrible things Tucker tells you are happening to you.
If these last few years have taught us anything, it’s that entitled folks like you are a lot easier to turn into domestic terrorists than those that have faced actual adversity and oppression. The comforts of consumerism have bred such contempt and lack of empathy in so many Americans.
Good luck with all of that!
Old 11-11-2021, 05:56 PM   #41
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Poor victim

You by chance have any “Empathy” for all the business owners losing everything because their businesses are being looted & or burnt to the ground 🤔
I’m going to go out on a limb & guess you are also all for defunding the police !
Old 11-11-2021, 06:31 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You by chance have any “Empathy” for all the business owners losing everything because their businesses are being looted & or burnt to the ground 🤔
I’m going to go out on a limb & guess you are also all for defunding the police !
Has no bearing on whether wittenhouse (Emmy winner for crocodile tears) is guilty. Personally I feel for any small business owners who get caught in the middle of political protests, it’s been happening to many businesses for decades, due to where these protests have to happen to have any impact, it’s collateral damage and unfortunate.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #43
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Has no bearing on whether wittenhouse (Emmy winner for crocodile tears) is guilty. Personally I feel for any small business owners who get caught in the middle of political protests, it’s been happening to many businesses for decades, due to where these protests have to happen to have any impact, it’s collateral damage and unfortunate.

That bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
If my business is there and they are trying to burn it down I’m unloading till there are no bullets left.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
That bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.
If my business is there and they are trying to burn it down I’m unloading till there are no bullets left.
Well there are 13 Republicans who voted with the Democratics, hope you have another clip, I know you believe those evil Democratics stole the election
Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No it has no bearing. but if elected leaders did their damn job and put down those riots, Rittenhouse wouldn’t have felt the need to be a vigilante. again, that also has no bearing i. whether or not he’s guilty.

What does have bearing, is the videos showing very clearly, that any reasonable person would have felt threatened by what the three people were doing who he shot. that does have some bearing.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The video in this article does a nice job of a reconstruction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-down-crying/

So an underage kid carrying illegally is marching down the street like he's the boss, a guy with mental health issues throws a bag at him and even though he's armed with a semi automatic rifle he's so afraid he shoots him several times and then sprints away. The other people think he's an active shooter and try to intervene so he take them out as well.

This is lunacy, not self defense. Immature kid making very bad decisions needs to have some consequences.
you also left out that the guy said he was going to kill Rittenhouse.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:05 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:
you also left out that the guy said he was going to kill Rittenhouse.
the left and media lied and mischaracterized this entire thing as they've done with so many other things...they will continue to deny...it's a sickness
Old 11-12-2021, 05:08 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

This is lunacy, not self defense. Immature kid making very bad decisions needs to have some consequences.

the self-defense expert said it was self-defense...are you a self-defense expert?

criminals and lunatics running around attacking people that are not threatening them need to have some consequences....oooops....they did
Old 11-12-2021, 07:11 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the left and media lied and mischaracterized this entire thing as they've done with so many other things...they will continue to deny...it's a sickness
it’s actually a well
coordinated plot, i think. but in 2016, that led to trump. who knows what it might lead to in 2022 and 2024.

spence, if someone points a loaded handgun at your forehead from 3 feet away, is it self defense?

if someone is smashing you in the neck and head with a skateboard, are you at risk of serious injury?

and if someone said they’re going to kill you and then tried to wrestle your gun away from you, there’s no argument for self defense?

we all know exactly what tune you’d be singing if rittenhouse was a black
kid who shot some of the january 6 rioters.

the reality of what happened here, isn’t even close to the way it was portrayed by democrats and the media. Not even close. There’s no such thing as “news” anymore. It was spun deliberately for political
reasons, and tney do that, because it works in lemmings like….well, you know who they are.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:06 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
And Derek Chauvin was just doing his Job…

But only the left and the media. Lie and mischaracterize things

More evidence right wing brainwashing is working
Old 11-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But only the left and the media. Lie and mischaracterize things

More evidence right wing brainwashing is working
what’s the longest you can go, before you respond to something that nobody said?

are you even aware of how often you do it? or what it means that you do it constantly?

One guy he shot, was pointing a gun at his head from a few feet away.

Another guy he shot, told Rittenhousebhebwas going to kill him, then friend to wrestle his gun away from him.

The third guy, was beating him in the head and neck with a skateboard.

Does that make Rittenhouse the skinhead murdered that your side desperately wants him to be?

you know you can’t win the facts of this case, so you go to a case where the facts are on your side. But the facts won’t always be in your side wayne. sorry to break it to you. sometimes the facts paint the conservative issue in a favorable light.

but like spence, you can’t accept that. not once, not ever. the left has to win every single time.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
No it has no bearing. but if elected leaders did their damn job and put down those riots, Rittenhouse wouldn’t have felt the need to be a vigilante. again, that also has no bearing i. whether or not he’s guilty.

What does have bearing, is the videos showing very clearly, that any reasonable person would have felt threatened by what the three people were doing who he shot. that does have some bearing.
Here we go agin if liberals should have crushed these riots like Trump wanted to do

Rittenhouse The poor underage AR carrying child influenced by right wing heroism and the usual MAGA nonsense

He Wouldn’t have become the Victim that he is ..,

Thats not a rational argument that’s a partisan argument

What this case does show
That open carry laws seem to benefit the person who shoots 1st then yells self defense
Old 11-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here we go agin if liberals should have crushed these riots like Trump wanted to do

Rittenhouse The poor underage AR carrying child influenced by right wing heroism and the usual MAGA nonsense

He Wouldn’t have become the Victim that he is ..,

Thats not a rational argument that’s a partisan argument

What this case does show
That open carry laws seem to benefit the person who shoots 1st then yells self defense
i didn’t say “liberals”, I said elected officials. once again, you lie.

i have said here, i also give trump a big fat F for not sending in the military to put down the riots. once the governors refuse to keep peace, it’s his job to do so. and he failed
miserably.

Are you ever honest for ten consecutive seconds?

I don’t know or care what party these mayors are. what i care about, is that they allowed this to happen.

I’ve also said it was insane for a 17 year old to drive there. But sorry to break it to you, even stupid teenagers have the right to self defense.

i’m stating the facts of this particular case. If the facts of the case happen to make one political
party look dishonest and crazy, that’s not my fault, it’s the fault of the liars and incompetents. Interesting that you can never criticize them, but always blame the people
who merely point out the truth.

but you’re not about truth. your about supporting liberalism.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Let’s see, if the kid didn’t break the law nothing would have happened.
Those killed that day were only 2 of the 40 killed each day with a gun in this country.
No problem here

Are you in trouble?

Caught in sexual molestation?
Accidentally murdered someone? Or two?
Is your promotion to SCOTUS in jeopardy?

We can help!
We are Tears R Us
We coach instant crying for Republicans
Find us at Four Seasons Total Acting
Old 11-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Those killed that day were only 2 of the 40 killed each day with a gun in this country.
No problem here

Are you in trouble?

Caught in sexual molestation?
Accidentally murdered someone? Or two?
Is your promotion to SCOTUS in jeopardy?

We can help!
We are Tears R Us
We coach instant crying for Republicans
Find us at Four Seasons Total Acting
defending yourself isn’t breaking the law.

Pete, what would your tell a. haines owner who pays his taxes and is a good citizen. whose business is burning to the ground because of something he had absolutely nothing to do with, and the cops and firemen he’s oYing won’t help because their elected bosses are too afraid of the political
optics to enforce the law? what would you say to that business owner? “suck it up, cupcake?”

he’s supposed to watch his entire life burn down for something he had absolutely no part in?
Old 11-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #56
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

criminals and lunatics running around attacking people that are not threatening them need to have some consequences....oooops....they did

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:

we are determining that right now...doesn't look good for the prosecutor that brought the charges
Old 11-12-2021, 09:20 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:

isn't he in jail?
Old 11-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #59
Raider Ronnie

For all of the apologist here that say he shouldn’t have been there, then tell me who the hell SHOULD have been there ???
Where are the police stopping the thugs from starting the fires ???
Where’s the military ???
I’m pretty sure this had been going on for a few days prior and plenty of businesses were torched to the ground before this kid showed up.
Unlike most on this forum this kid had balls doing what he did !
This #^&#^&#^&#^&ing country, courts & politicians are making it so criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #60
scottw

the left and media are now attacking the judge....these people need better safe spaces...maybe put some funding for that in build back better