Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #31
fishgolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Shore
Posts: 134
I'm 64. Up and fishing this morning at 5:00. Home and breakfast. Hit balls at 10:00. Home, nap/shower. Time for lunch. Played golf in the heat yesterday and lost 3 or 4 pounds. Can't wait for the plover patrols to disappear. Tons of bunker/pogies off the beach so have to get the kayak out there soon. (not to mention whales, sharks, porpoises, stripers, ospreys and people)
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #32
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
WITH me the heat takes care of that . … only fished 3 times in July & none in August ,,,,,,,,,Did I say my body physically can,t handle the heat

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 4,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgolf View Post
I'm 64. Up and fishing this morning at 5:00. Home and breakfast. Hit balls at 10:00. Home, nap/shower. Time for lunch. Played golf in the heat yesterday and lost 3 or 4 pounds. Can't wait for the plover patrols to disappear. Tons of bunker/pogies off the beach so have to get the kayak out there soon. (not to mention whales, sharks, porpoises, stripers, ospreys and people)
I played Monday and today, I hate this heat, but sweating out 3-4 lbs every round makes room for a nice number of IPA’s at the end of the round.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #34
fishgolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Shore
Posts: 134
Thumbs up


That is so true!
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #35
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 8,630
Blog Entries: 2
Golfed today. Brutal heat. My day off as tomorrow is a full day trimming trees.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #36
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,093
God, I remember my Block Island days. Crushing on pink danny's at black rock, pulling Paulie from the surf without his gear while fighting a 50, watching Oak drop large fish after fish in the wash, hemorrhaging all over Nebe's BnB, reading a draft of DZ's book while deer ticks crawl all over me...

Good times.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #37
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
I ONLY FISHED FOR FISH A FEW TIMES @ BI , But when I worked on the MISTY .. when we had a day off . which was like 1 in 12 days I would fish @ Ballards for old woman with flappy tits from Conn & NY …………… But it was well worth the sacrifice I made >>>>>>>> No wonder I was 20 or 21 & had to get a real job so I could asked my father-inlaw to marry his daughter ………. yep & the 63 coupe was for paid for ><><
no

No regrets in the life style I lived because now its exciting as a funeral & [right] now I have awesome memories .

& my awesome daughter who has been dealt a tuff deck of cards is getting married tomorrow in NEWPORT ……….I,m really excited to walk with her again down the isle .&&&&&&&& yes I put a order thru SWE .w seeing I have to drive right by it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> as always ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #38
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
I ONLY FISHED FOR FISH A FEW TIMES @ BI , But when I worked on the MISTY .. when we had a day off . which was like 1 in 12 days I would fish @ Ballards for old woman with flappy tits from Conn & NY …………… But it was well worth the sacrifice I made >>>>>>>> No wonder I was 20 or 21 & had to get a real job so I could asked my father-inlaw to marry his daughter ………. yep & the 63 coupe was for paid for ><><
no

No regrets in the life style I lived because now its exciting as a funeral & [right] now I have awesome memories .

& my awesome daughter who has been dealt a tuff deck of cards is getting married tomorrow in NEWPORT ……….I,m really excited to walk with her again down the isle .&&&&&&&& yes I put a order thru SWE .w seeing I have to drive right by it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> as always ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE
Congrats Clammer!! Hey I saw your sister yesterday. Have a great wedding tomorrow!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #39
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
I know .she was really impressed on your new place & excited for you guys ;;
Thankyou .I will

BTW . remember when you were doing startup fundraisers for your business ……… there was something for $80.00 ………………………. I donated & you sent it to me ,I have no clue what it was .I never opened it ..It wasn,t about the item .It was about helping a friend ><<>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #40
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,444
That's great Mike! I wish your daughter well with her new marriage

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:14 AM   #41
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
I know .she was really impressed on your new place & excited for you guys ;;
Thankyou .I will

BTW . remember when you were doing startup fundraisers for your business ……… there was something for $80.00 ………………………. I donated & you sent it to me ,I have no clue what it was .I never opened it ..It wasn,t about the item .It was about helping a friend ><<>
It was a collection orb... which is a block island glass float that has a flattened bottom and a hole on the side of the top to allow you to put what ever you want in there. Sea glass, bent fish hooks, etc.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #42
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
thanks good to know.…..a real ,unopened collectors item for when your more famous than you already are ><><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:48 AM   #43
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,451
Great news, Mike. Best wishes to her on her next chapter. And to you. You have been there for your family through all the trials life has thrown at you.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #44
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
thanks Ross , behind all this crazy #^&#^&#^&#^& .I,ve tried >

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #45
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 8,630
Blog Entries: 2
Hey congrats Mike. You didn't tell me last week???? I bet you forgot.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #46
RickBomba
Mikey Likes Bald Men
iTrader: (0)
 
RickBomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: At Sea
Posts: 3,875
Same.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #47
chris L
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
chris L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: in a structure with a roof
Posts: 5,981
Alright Mike
Hope it was a beautiful wedding . Congrats to her for starting a new chapter .
My oldest is doing it in November at a Lake here in Ct . I will be fishing in a tux .
So I am taking the wedding party to the block at the 1661 inn the first week of November for a breather ( me fishing ) from the wedding planning .

Eben
We will all be on the hunt for orbs . Everyone thinks that's such a cool thing you do with them . promotes outdoors and togetherness and fun .

they call me clem
clem smith jones
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #48
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
WOW cHRIS ….. time goes by …….

its been quite a while .I think ya Mom,s wake /

just going to BI will be great …….. ya a great dad .you long haired /#^&#^&#^&#^&ed / up $%^&*()
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0974.JPG (78.6 KB, 50 views)

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #49
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris L View Post
Alright Mike
Hope it was a beautiful wedding . Congrats to her for starting a new chapter .
My oldest is doing it in November at a Lake here in Ct . I will be fishing in a tux .
So I am taking the wedding party to the block at the 1661 inn the first week of November for a breather ( me fishing ) from the wedding planning .

Eben
We will all be on the hunt for orbs . Everyone thinks that's such a cool thing you do with them . promotes outdoors and togetherness and fun .
Good luck ! They are hard to find but they are out there. I just went out yesterday.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #50
chris L
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
chris L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: in a structure with a roof
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
WOW cHRIS ….. time goes by …….

its been quite a while .I think ya Mom,s wake /

just going to BI will be great …….. ya a great dad .you long haired /#^&#^&#^&#^&ed / up $%^&*()
Hey Mike
That's an old picture ! No stache , no T100 and that young lady is now 24 and getting married .

they call me clem
clem smith jones
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #51
chris L
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
chris L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: in a structure with a roof
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Good luck ! They are hard to find but they are out there. I just went out yesterday.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I am going to think like Eben , Outside the box

they call me clem
clem smith jones
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #52
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 10,656
Chris , yep everything is getting old …………...a couple of more months & it will be 18 years on this site ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #53
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris L View Post
Alright Mike

So I am taking the wedding party to the block at the 1661 inn the first week of November for a breather ( me fishing ) from the wedding planning .

E
Chris - I'll be out there (BI) from Nov 4-11.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #54
chris L
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
chris L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: in a structure with a roof
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Chris - I'll be out there (BI) from Nov 4-11.
I will be there for the weekend 2-4 not the week . I hope we both catch the fish just right .

they call me clem
clem smith jones
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #55
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris L View Post
I will be there for the weekend 2-4 not the week . I hope we both catch the fish just right .
When the time gets closer let me know what you're driving. Keep in touch.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #56
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 8,630
Blog Entries: 2

You never know DZ.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #57
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post

You never know DZ.
My invite stands if you want to come out Paul.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #58
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 8,630
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
My invite stands if you want to come out Paul.
I know Dennis, thanks. I'm working on it. Have several family/work related issues to work thru.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #59
fishrick
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
fishrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Hampton, CT
Posts: 961
I like the reference to making big plans, then cancelling and having a beer. I used to think when I retired, I would hit it every day, but find myself steering away from late nights and try to fit in two trips a week, and a little golf with the wife. Its better, not having a strict timetable, but twice a week is good, until the albies get here!!! AND, there is so much other to do at home, keeping the place neat, maintenance, some archery practice every day and the gym 3x per week to get ready for the fall trips. I guess I am lucky, but wish my body would keep up with my ambitions!

Last edited by fishrick; 08-22-2018 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: add
fishrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #60
Rockfish9
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Rockfish9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Reading Mass/Newburyport/merrimack river
Posts: 3,125
Made it every night this week.. full intentions of fishing tonight as well.. looking foreword to fishing every night next week as I will be on vacation...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com