Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

ooooh yipee!

Lily Tomlin once said, no matter how cynical you are, you cannot be cynical enough.

Capitol Hill goes gaga over Brad Pitt
WASHINGTON – First of all, no, Brad Pitt is not short. Yes, he's handsome enough to stand out in any crowd. And, sorry, Angie wasn't with him.

From the moment he stepped into the Capitol on Thursday, sunglassed and goateed, Pitt's star power transformed congressional business-as-usual in a way any lawmaker or new president might envy.

Pitt's superpowers are such that he and President Barack Obama pulled off an improbably secret meeting on the same topic earlier in the day, White House spokesman Thomas F. Vietor confirmed.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was not immune to his charms. Praising Pitt for his work to rebuild New Orleans' hurricane-ravaged 9th Ward, she even allowed that meeting him affords her "bragging rights to my children and my grandchildren — a real treat for me as well."

My reaction?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
buckman

Just making sure Hollywood gets it's share of the money grab
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

I'm impressed.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
fishbones

Look at it this way. By him being there, the average IQ in the whitehouse increased by 12 points.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Raven

the people in N.O. were not helped as much as they needed.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
PaulS

I never understood the need to talk or be near celebrities. Neither party is immune. I go to the final 4 ever year and my brother and one of his friends go crazy ever time they get to talk to a big time coach.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Look at it this way. By him being there, the average IQ in the whitehouse increased by 12 points.
This is probably the highest IQ whitehouse we've had in decades. Not that this means they'll be more effective, but Obama has picked up a lot of smart people.

-spence
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Lily Tomlin once said, no matter how cynical you are, you cannot be cynical enough.

Capitol Hill goes gaga over Brad Pitt
WASHINGTON – First of all, no, Brad Pitt is not short. Yes, he's handsome enough to stand out in any crowd. And, sorry, Angie wasn't with him.

From the moment he stepped into the Capitol on Thursday, sunglassed and goateed, Pitt's star power transformed congressional business-as-usual in a way any lawmaker or new president might envy.

Pitt's superpowers are such that he and President Barack Obama pulled off an improbably secret meeting on the same topic earlier in the day, White House spokesman Thomas F. Vietor confirmed.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was not immune to his charms. Praising Pitt for his work to rebuild New Orleans' hurricane-ravaged 9th Ward, she even allowed that meeting him affords her "bragging rights to my children and my grandchildren — a real treat for me as well."

My reaction?

Sean Penn must be hugely pissed. Does everyone remember the shotgun toting pics of Penn walking through water rescuing the victims who had allready left? Penn gets dirty, contracts unknown diseases from the filthy water, and Pitt donates a couple of bucks and face time to some commercials and reaps all the rewards.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
Raven

heh heh

Sean Penn is always hugely pissed about something...

it's his natural State.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I never understood the need to talk or be near celebrities. Neither party is immune. I go to the final 4 ever year and my brother and one of his friends go crazy ever time they get to talk to a big time coach.

Did you see the Roger Clemens Congressional hearings? It was sickening the way the Republicans were gushing all over him. Honestly, it was hard for me to watch.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
maddmatt

what is obama's iq anyway? i hear so much talk about it, but does anyone really know? national secret? need to know basis? or are we just mushrooms?

"never met a bluefish i wouldn't sell"
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
what is obama's iq anyway? i hear so much talk about it, but does anyone really know? national secret? need to know basis? or are we just mushrooms?
It's the same as Bush's. for real