Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #1
Jim in CT

undermining democracy

saw a clip on tv just now...a montage of democrat elected officials, tv hosts, celebrities...after the 2016 election...all saying that electors should cast aside the election and not vote for trump.

someone explain how that wasn’t a plot against our democratic institutions?

answer - it’s always ok when democrats do it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-27-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 11-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
saw a clip on tv just now...a montage of democrat elected officials, tv hosts, celebrities...after the 2016 election...all saying that electors should cast aside the election and not vote for trump.

Again your clueless , so much so, you don’t have the intellectual honesty to see the Truth

clearly you missed Trump crying Fraud before during the election 1st it was mail in ballots then it was poll watchers then in was George Soros Hugo and Venezuelan, then the voting machines changed vote when that failed he call Republicans from Minnesota and Pennsylvania in an attempt to appoint electors who’ll vote for him the POTUS didnt this Jim he didn’t talk about it he did it.

But you think celebrities and TV hosts who suggested flipping electors is the same as Trump actually Trying ..

Take a history lesson please, maybe if a 3rd party tells you how f up what’s he’s trying is , maybe you’ll be able to get out of the Cult
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again your clueless , so much so, you don’t have the intellectual honesty to see the Truth

clearly you missed Trump crying Fraud before during the election 1st it was mail in ballots then it was poll watchers then in was George Soros Hugo and Venezuelan, then the voting machines changed vote when that failed he call Republicans from Minnesota and Pennsylvania in an attempt to appoint electors who’ll vote for him the POTUS didnt this Jim he didn’t talk about it he did it.

But you think celebrities and TV hosts who suggested flipping electors is the same as Trump actually Trying ..

Take a history lesson please, maybe if a 3rd party tells you how f up what’s he’s trying is , maybe you’ll be able to get out of the Cult
i’ve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that it’s awful for
trump to make claims
without evidence. how dim are you, that you still
don’t get that?

now, is it supporting our democracy or undermining our democracy, to ask electors not to vote for the winner of an election

obviously that’s undermining democracy. but you won’t admit it, you physically cannot admit it, because you can’t criticize democrats.

i take it you don’t get invited to a whole lot of MENSA picnics.

liberal=correct, conservative=wrong, every time, no exceptions. because life is that simple.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
Jim in CT

jim: isn’t it antithetical to democracy to ask electors to do the opposite of what voters chose?

WDMSO: no, because orangemanbad.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #5
wdmso

Jim Trumps President of the United States that seems to be the part your missing.

What people think who have Zero power to act on their ideas or suggestions like a conservative favorite AOC don’t concern me..

That’s seems to be the difference between you and I , and that’s fine

ps i’ve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that it’s awful for
trump to make claims,, I’d call this the 1st time
Old 11-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim Trumps President of the United States that seems to be the part your missing.

What people think who have Zero power to act on their ideas or suggestions like a conservative favorite AOC don’t concern me..

That’s seems to be the difference between you and I , and that’s fine

ps i’ve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that it’s awful for
trump to make claims,, I’d call this the 1st time
the congress people
who called for impeaching him before his first day, therefore before he had a chance to commit an impeachable offense, aren’t in a position of power?

quite the civics expert.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #7
spence

Quote:

Never heard of it, must have been a big story.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Never heard of it, must have been a big story.
you never heard any of them suggesting that back then. if true, which is doubtful, it’s a good example of your ignorance. if not true, it’s a good example of your willingness to lie about democrats behaving badly.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
you never heard any of them suggesting that back then. if true, which is doubtful, it’s a good example of your ignorance. if not true, it’s a good example of your willingness to lie about democrats behaving badly.
No, it just wasn’t a big story. Looks like mostly a handful of Bernie electors who were looking for a PR stunt because they want to move away from the electoral college. Very different situation but you’re drunk on it because you watched a “video.”
Old 11-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, it just wasn’t a big story. Looks like mostly a handful of Bernie electors who were looking for a PR stunt because they want to move away from the electoral college. Very different situation but you’re drunk on it because you watched a “video.”
liberals behaving badly is never a big story. but when conservatives do it, boy...

influential people asking the electoral college to ignore
an election, and people
in congress ( who took an oath to protect the constitution) calling for impeachment before his first day, not a big story. nope.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps someone has forgotten about the birther who called Obama’s candidacy illegitimate and after his election called for his impeachment. And then they elected him, remember there’s always a tweet
Old 11-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
liberals behaving badly is never a big story. but when conservatives do it, boy...

influential people asking the electoral college to ignore
an election, and people
in congress ( who took an oath to protect the constitution) calling for impeachment before his first day, not a big story. nope.
People were discussing impeachment early because Trump was peddling impeachable offenses.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump demands a Wis. recount, it adds to Bidens lead by 132 votes and it costs him 3 million to do it; is there any wonder he went bankrupt so many times.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Newt Gingrich 2016:

"I think the recount mania is one more example of the collapse of the Democratic Party as a realistic institution....all of the nutcakes...they're going to delegitimize themselves. They're going to end up looking silly."

Newt 2020: The more data comes out on vote anomalies that clearly are not legitimate the more it looks like 2020 may be the biggest Presidential theft since Adams and Clay robbed Andrew Jackson in 1824. State legislatures should demand recounts.

Hmmmm
Old 11-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #15
wdmso

And in Breitbart land this is the reaction to Pennsylvania Supreme Court Tosses Challenge to Vote-by-Mail Because It Came Too Late

Simply saying you had no issue until you lost. Seeing
the court ruled September 17th that post marked ballots could be counted 3 days after the election but they only see their own realities

Biden Democrat operatives in Pennsylvania and at least 4 other swing states have shattered any confidence anyone will ever have for fair elections in the United States.....Joe Biden MUST be held directly accountable for his treasonous bullshíτ!!!
Old 11-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #16
wdmso

Latest Trump on Fox telling the Host the FBI and The DOJ are MIA on the voter fraud

When asked how he will prove his claims of election fraud, Trump said, “I’m going to use 125% of my energy to do it. You need a judge that’s willing to hear a case. You need a Supreme Court that’s willing to make a real big decision based on everything.”

Still pulling authoritarian Bs and dictator lite ... with a call to judges who are loyal And still the Republican leadership remains silent puttingTrump before country so not to lose their base .. and future elections how much farther are Republicans willing to go?
Old 11-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Latest Trump on Fox telling the Host the FBI and The DOJ are MIA on the voter fraud

When asked how he will prove his claims of election fraud, Trump said, “I’m going to use 125% of my energy to do it. You need a judge that’s willing to hear a case. You need a Supreme Court that’s willing to make a real big decision based on everything.”

Still pulling authoritarian Bs and dictator lite ... with a call to judges who are loyal And still the Republican leadership remains silent puttingTrump before country so not to lose their base .. and future elections how much farther are Republicans willing to go?
right. because that’s what dictators do, they go to court and make an argument. just what hitler and pol pot did.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Yup he has a great track record in court, but when Rudy is pleading your case it’s a clown show.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yup he has a great track record in court, but when Rudy is pleading your case it’s a clown show.
missed the point completely. he has a laughable record in court. but dictators don’t hire lawyers and go to court and deal with losing, do they?

what’s dictatorial about hiring a lawyer and going to court? that’s the opposite of what a dictator would do. do none of you know what a dictator is?

i love the accusations that he’s a dictator. because any dictator would
of course let CNN and MSNBC talk about him the way they do. right?

he’s a dictator, who lets people trash him unlike any previous potus has dealt with. he’s a racist, despite denouncing racists and doing more
for blacks than any president in at least 50 years.

Democrats want to reshape the nation to help them win, adding states and packing the court. the media couldn’t be more biased, in an effort to help their preferred candidates. Big tech censors posts that are critical of democrats. but Trump is the dictator who is somehow, in ways not yet explained after four years, threatening our democracy.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-29-2020 at 05:34 PM..
Old 11-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim if all you says is true please explain to me why that is. So using your argument the majority of the media is completely left leaning, yet there is a wealth on money on the right, is it that there is no media market for their message other than Fox. Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isn’t acting like a dictator, it’s only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if all you says is true please explain to me why that is. So using your argument the majority of the media is completely left leaning, yet there is a wealth on money on the right, is it that there is no media market for their message other than Fox. Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isn’t acting like a dictator, it’s only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
“if” all i say is true? please tell
me what i said, exactly, which isn’t true?

“there is a wealth on money on the right”.

please clarify. liberals are more wealthy. liberal
strongholds are on the coasts, conservative stronghold is flyover country.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
that’s just about as ignorant as it gets.

the obama 8 years were a disaster for democrats and a windfall for republicans. during that time, the democrats lost record numbers of seats at the federal, state, and municipal level. look it up. it was a disaster for democrats.

similarly, if you’re saying this election was a home run for democrats, tell that to anyone at the dnc. it was almost, not quite, a flop. everyone was talking about big gains in the house, and senate, and in state legislatures ( very important in census years). didn’t happen.

this isn’t a liberal country, which is why you don’t see liberals making the case for liberalism ( late term abortions, green new deals, defunding police, forgiving student loans, etc.). what you hear from liberals, is that republicans are evil. that’s 90% of what you hear. never honest discussions about policy, because they know they can’t win an honest discussion about policy.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
right. because that’s what dictators do, they go to court and make an argument. just what hitler and pol pot did.
Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges

I’d say I am shocked you can’t tell the difference. But you can you just don’t care.

What American President in history has done this.

Trump Claims FBI And Justice Department May Have Helped Rig Election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-rig-election/

Last edited by wdmso; 11-29-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Old 11-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isn’t acting like a dictator, it’s only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. .
Fascinating, I mean fascinating.

IN THE SAME POST, you say Trump is an advocate for federal deregulation, and also a dictator.

You've lost your marbles. What kind of dictator, advocates for less federal regulation?

Trump wants smaller federal government control than you want, but HE'S the dictator.

Man oh man, you guys have blown a gasket.

"Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech"

Not if the CEOs are all liberals. I guess you really have your head in the sand.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:

I’d say I am shocked you can’t tell the difference. But you can you just don’t care.

Trump Claims FBI And Justice Department May Have Helped Rig Election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-rig-election/

"Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges "

And if he loses, he has said he'll leave. Not very dictatorial of him, is it.

YOU want more federal regulations than he wants, YOU want federal healthcare and more federal controls on everything. But Trump is the dictator.

If Trump is a dictator, and yet you want more powerful federal government than even he wants, doesn't that make you more of a dictator?

How can you possibly respond to that? Hold your pointer fnger horizontally, move it up and down quickly between your lips, and go "bee bee bee bee bee bee bee bee..."?

"Trump is a dictator! And he's the worst kind of dictator, the kind who wants to minimize federal control and give more liberty to individuals!"

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that is?
Old 11-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:

Al Gore did exactly that. Exactly.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald Trump accusing Bill Barr and the DOJ of trying to bring him down is proof that:

1. You are only useful to Donald Trump until you are no longer useful. At that point you are fair game to be thrown under the bus.

2. Donald is mentally unstable. Crazy may be a better word.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:18 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s so fun to wind him up!
Old 11-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s so fun to wind him up!
so how can you criticize someone for being too in favor of deregulation, and also of being a dictator?
Old 11-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Guess you’d have to pay attention
The two things you cited are not mutually exclusive