Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden the devout catholic

can’t pronounce “psalm”, he pronounced it “palm”.

let’s make him a bishop, he’s obviously an awesome example of a good catholic.

either he’s senile, or isnt any kind of catholic. which is it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hit...palmist/%3famp
Old 11-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Is this a comparison to Tweety the Antichrist
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Is this a comparison to Tweety the Antichrist
here’s the difference between us. i don’t lie and claim trump us a good example of a christian or a catholic. but people here have said biden is a good catholic.

trump isn’t any kind of example of how a christian should behave, and that’s an understatement. but he’s a much better friend to christians than any democrat. his supreme court
picks make that crystal clear, all three of them told gov cuomo that the constitution doesn’t say you can suspend the first amendment during a pandemic.

there’s no such thing as a good catholic who is rabidly pro abortion and who doesn’t know how to say psalm. He’s a lying phony.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

You would know
Old 11-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
here’s the difference between us. i don’t lie and claim trump us a good example of a christian or a catholic. but people here have said biden is a good catholic.

trump isn’t any kind of example of how a christian should behave, and that’s an understatement. but he’s a much better friend to christians than any democrat. his supreme court
picks make that crystal clear, all three of them told gov cuomo that the constitution doesn’t say you can suspend the first amendment during a pandemic.

there’s no such thing as a good catholic who is rabidly pro abortion and who doesn’t know how to say psalm. He’s a lying phony.
He’s a lying phony

Yet you can’t and won’t call trump a lying phony when he attacks on our election system !,

But but Biden mispronounced psalms you’ll attack

Your a cult member no doubt
Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #6
Nebe

The guy has a speech impediment Jim. We don’t tease you for your erectile dis function problem.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The guy has a speech impediment Jim. We don’t tease you for your erectile dis function problem.
he has a stutter. he didn’t say s-s-s-psalm. he said palm.

nice try.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He’s a lying phony

Yet you can’t and won’t call trump a lying phony when he attacks on our election system !,

But but Biden mispronounced psalms you’ll attack

Your a cult member no doubt
i won’t call trump a lying phony? he’s a lying phony.

will you still say i won’t call him
that? you’re the one who can’t speak truth about his candidate. not me.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:48 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

'All lives matter, except those who perish while we work towards herd immunity.' –Trumplicans
Old 11-30-2020, 08:16 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
'All lives matter, except those who perish while we work towards herd immunity.' –Trumplicans
i’ll ask you what i keep
asking wdmso ( he can’t answer)...what specifically should trump have done, which would have reduced the deaths, based on what we knew at the time?

last spring, we were pretty well licked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what more exactly, should the feds have done?

also, as always, you big ores the point of the thread and veered to trump bashing. shocker.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
i won’t call trump a lying phony? he’s a lying phony.

will you still say i won’t call him
that? you’re the one who can’t speak truth about his candidate. not me.
And you think your a better catholic then Biden based on speaking classic

Your logic is astonishing but the right has shifted their blogs and web sites from love of Trump back to outrage , fox even brought back benghazi

Yet Trump Trying to overturn an election is acceptable

Say or pronounce the a word wrong or even worse spell it wrong and it’s a major moment here
Old 11-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And you think your a better catholic then Biden based on speaking classic

Your logic is astonishing but the right has shifted their blogs and web sites from love of Trump back to outrage , fox even brought back benghazi

Yet Trump Trying to overturn an election is acceptable

Say or pronounce the a word wrong or even worse spell it wrong and it’s a major moment here
i’m a better catholic than biden (not by much, but better), because unlike biden, i don’t go on worldwide tv and bash catholicism for being wrong, on one of the few issues over which catholics are not allowed to disagree with the church.

the belief that life begins at conception is a “binding belief” for catholics. “binding belief” means exactly what it says. there are plenty of christian faiths which are tolerant of abortion, so it begs the question why biden bothers to call himself a catholic. he’s been denied communion for years and years.

he’s pandering, he wants the catholic vote and obviously he wants the pro abortion vote. that’s how unprincipled he is. just a whore who will say absolutely anything to get a vote, like guaranteeing a cure for cancer if he gets elected.

i wonder when we can expect that, by the way? when do you think he’ll deliver on that explicit promise?

that’s the difference between us. i can call trump out for failing to
honor promises ( getting mexico to pay for a wall), you’ll never, EVER criticize a democrat for an empty campaign promise.

you go in and on that trump has no
right to make claims in court, but you have no problem with biden promising to save dying people, but only if they vote for him. that’s ok with you.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’ll ask you what i keep
asking wdmso ( he can’t answer)...what specifically should trump have done, which would have reduced the deaths, based on what we knew at the time?

last spring, we were pretty well licked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what more exactly, should the feds have done?

also, as always, you big ores the point of the thread and veered to trump bashing. shocker.
Here you go, again

He didn’t prepare. For the first three years of his administration, he failed to take steps to prepare for a long-expected pandemic by expanding the inventory of critical medical supplies in the Strategic National Stockpile, strengthening the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and bolstering other critical components of our national public health system.

He ignored warnings. For several weeks starting in early January, he ignored early warnings about the grave threat posed by the coronavirus outbreak, squandering precious time needed to implement proven measures that would have limited active community spread of the virus.

He falsely assured the public. After the first COVID-19 cases were confirmed in the U.S., he repeatedly provided false assurances to the public that the coronavirus was contained and soon would disappear.

He failed to mobilize manufacturers. Trump failed to broadly and rapidly invoke his authority under the Defense Production Act to ramp up the manufacturing of: Disposable masks, gowns, face shields and other personal protective equipment needed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus to health care workers, first responders, transportation workers and people employed in other essential occupations; Coronavirus test kits and supplies that are essential to detecting infected individuals and performing contact tracing; and
Mechanical ventilators and other medical supplies for treating COVID-19 patients.

He dragged his feet on curbing the spread of the virus. He delayed the development and implementation of federal social distancing and stay-at-home guidelines until widespread community transmission of COVID-19 was well underway.

He failed on testing. He failed to order the development and implementation of a federally funded and coordinated plan for massively scaled-up testing, community tracing and quarantining of all infected individuals and their potentially infected contacts.

He muzzled the experts. He sidelined and muzzled CDC staff who are public health experts in the management and containment of infectious disease outbreaks.

He blocked reopening guidance. For several weeks, Trump blocked the release of detailed CDC guidance for how to safely reopen businesses.

He spewed lies. At daily White House briefings for several weeks, he spewed false and misleading information as well as rosy projections about the spread of the pandemic that confused the public and undermined the efforts of state officials who have been forced to take the lead in responding to the pandemic without adequate federal support and resources.

He touted dangerous, unproven drugs and remedies. He repeatedly touted the use of the antimalarial drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as “game-changing” treatments for COVID-19 despite the risk of potentially fatal adverse effects and the lack of any sound scientific evidence supporting such use. He even suggested crackpot ideas like injecting disinfectants to treat COVID-19.
He rushed reopening.

Almost immediately after his own task force issued guidelines for a gradual, stepwise approach for reopening businesses and relaxing stay-at-home restrictions, he encouraged governors to reopen businesses and roll back restrictions well before their states met the minimal criteria outlined in the guidelines or had adequate programs for testing and contact tracing. In states that ignored his overtures, he encouraged people to engage in mass protests of stay-at-home orders and restrictions on businesses.

He discouraged the use of face masks. By refusing to wear a mask at public events, Trump has set a dangerous example for the rest of the country. The CDC recommends wearing a face mask in public where social distancing is difficult. Trump and other administration officials appear regularly without a mask, standing close to others.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here you go, again

He didn’t prepare. For the first three years of his administration, he failed to take steps to prepare for a long-expected pandemic by expanding the inventory of critical medical supplies in the Strategic National Stockpile, strengthening the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and bolstering other critical components of our national public health system.

He ignored warnings. For several weeks starting in early January, he ignored early warnings about the grave threat posed by the coronavirus outbreak, squandering precious time needed to implement proven measures that would have limited active community spread of the virus.

He falsely assured the public. After the first COVID-19 cases were confirmed in the U.S., he repeatedly provided false assurances to the public that the coronavirus was contained and soon would disappear.

He failed to mobilize manufacturers. Trump failed to broadly and rapidly invoke his authority under the Defense Production Act to ramp up the manufacturing of: Disposable masks, gowns, face shields and other personal protective equipment needed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus to health care workers, first responders, transportation workers and people employed in other essential occupations; Coronavirus test kits and supplies that are essential to detecting infected individuals and performing contact tracing; and
Mechanical ventilators and other medical supplies for treating COVID-19 patients.

He dragged his feet on curbing the spread of the virus. He delayed the development and implementation of federal social distancing and stay-at-home guidelines until widespread community transmission of COVID-19 was well underway.

He failed on testing. He failed to order the development and implementation of a federally funded and coordinated plan for massively scaled-up testing, community tracing and quarantining of all infected individuals and their potentially infected contacts.

He muzzled the experts. He sidelined and muzzled CDC staff who are public health experts in the management and containment of infectious disease outbreaks.

He blocked reopening guidance. For several weeks, Trump blocked the release of detailed CDC guidance for how to safely reopen businesses.

He spewed lies. At daily White House briefings for several weeks, he spewed false and misleading information as well as rosy projections about the spread of the pandemic that confused the public and undermined the efforts of state officials who have been forced to take the lead in responding to the pandemic without adequate federal support and resources.

He touted dangerous, unproven drugs and remedies. He repeatedly touted the use of the antimalarial drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as “game-changing” treatments for COVID-19 despite the risk of potentially fatal adverse effects and the lack of any sound scientific evidence supporting such use. He even suggested crackpot ideas like injecting disinfectants to treat COVID-19.
He rushed reopening.

Almost immediately after his own task force issued guidelines for a gradual, stepwise approach for reopening businesses and relaxing stay-at-home restrictions, he encouraged governors to reopen businesses and roll back restrictions well before their states met the minimal criteria outlined in the guidelines or had adequate programs for testing and contact tracing. In states that ignored his overtures, he encouraged people to engage in mass protests of stay-at-home orders and restrictions on businesses.

He discouraged the use of face masks. By refusing to wear a mask at public events, Trump has set a dangerous example for the rest of the country. The CDC recommends wearing a face mask in public where social distancing is difficult. Trump and other administration officials appear regularly without a mask, standing close to others.
this pandemic was long-expected, eh?

let me guess...it wasn’t so long expected that obama
should also have been preparing, but it was long enough that trump should have been preparing.

let me guess again, it was in trumps inauguration day that everyone in the world except trump, knew that this was coming.

liberal = good, conservative =bad, no exceptions, not ever.

i don’t give trump good grades on his handling of the virus, but my god that’s bonkers.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:

He ignored warnings. For several weeks starting in early January, he ignored early warnings about the grave threat posed by the virus

He failed to mobilize manufacturers. .
bullsh*t. he did one meaningful
thing in january, the travel
restrictions, and everyone in the left said it was an over reaction. which necessarily means they would have done less, not more.

if the threat was so well known in january, why were Pelosi and Diblasio on tv in late february, telling their constituents that it was perfectly safe to go out to crowded public places?

you’re trying to have it both ways.

failed to mobilize manufacturers is demonstrably false. nonsensical babble.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-30-2020 at 09:57 AM..
Old 11-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this pandemic was long-expected, eh?

let me guess...it wasn’t so long expected that obama
should also have been preparing, but it was long enough that trump should have been preparing.

let me guess again, it was in trumps inauguration day that everyone in the world except trump, knew that this was coming.

liberal = good, conservative =bad, no exceptions, not ever.

i don’t give trump good grades on his handling of the virus, but my god that’s bonkers.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
can’t pronounce “psalm”, he pronounced it “palm”.

let’s make him a bishop, he’s obviously an awesome example of a good catholic.

either he’s senile, or isnt any kind of catholic. which is it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hit...palmist/%3famp
OMFG!!!!
Old 11-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
bullsh*t. he did one meaningful
thing in january, the travel
restrictions, and everyone really, how many times are you going to repeat propaganda? in the left said it was an over reaction. which necessarily means they would have done less, not more. Sad excuse for logic

if the threat was so well known in january, why were Pelosi and Diblasio on tv in late february, telling their constituents that it was perfectly safe to go out to crowded public places?

you’re trying to have it both ways.

failed to mobilize manufacturers is demonstrably false. nonsensical babble. He still has yet to invoke the DPA and PPE supply is once again becoming critical
You do know he is on tape with Bob Woodward.............

And being well known in the White House in this administration does not mean the information goes any further, because you wouldn't want to cause panic....................

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Watching Jim on this political board is like watching the classic ground hog day with Bill Murray, it’s the same discussion over and over.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
OMFG!!!!
spence, i have long held the belief that anyone who has a camera in their face 24 hours a day, will occasionally say silly things. when obama said 57 states, i never ever cared about that, anyone can make that kind of mistake. that kind of
mistake can be absolutely meaningless.

but you can’t be a devout catholic, and pronounce psalm as “palm”. that’s a slip up that’s revealing. and it reveals one of two things, either he knows almost nothing about catholicism, or he’s senile.

he said “palm” multiple times in that clip. i guess once can be a slip.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Watching Jim on this political board is like watching the classic ground hog day with Bill Murray, it’s the same discussion over and over.
it is? when before have a gone after biden for saying “palm”?

what’s repetitive, is your inabaility to answer questions, like “how can someone be a libertarian and a dictator at the same time?”

or “what specifically, should
trump have done back in january, given that the entire left said his travel restriction was an over reaction?”.

you make these criticisms, but can’t back them up. that’s the reputation.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He very well might say palm on purpose so he doesn't shudder.

Oh great, now I'm doing it.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He very well might say palm on purpose so he doesn't shudder.

Oh great, now I'm doing it.
or he might very well not be any kind of catholic (there’s a lot of actual evidence of that, as opposed
to your pure speculation ), or it might be his declining mental abilities ( for which there’s also a lot of actual evidence, as opposed to your pure speculation.)

stuttering and not knowing how to pronounce something, aren’t the same thing.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
it is? when before have a gone after biden for saying “palm”?

what’s repetitive, is your inabaility to answer questions, like “how can someone be a libertarian and a dictator at the same time?”

or “what specifically, should
trump have done back in january, given that the entire left said his travel restriction was an over reaction?”.

you make these criticisms, but can’t back them up. that’s the reputation.
Religion is BS IMHO and thereby so is this stupid arse thread, OMG(pun intended) is this really worth debating how we are going to pronounce words.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Religion is BS IMHO and thereby so is this stupid arse thread, OMG(pun intended) is this really worth debating how we are going to pronounce words.
you have the right to say it’s BS, and i’d imagine most of the lefties agree with you, as it’s kind off prerequisite to being a liberal.

but as always, that’s not the topic. Biden says he’s a serious catholic. no casual catholic would say “palm”, nor does a stutter come close
to explaining what he said. but as always, you turn a legitimate criticism ( my opinion) and turn it into an indictment of all conservatives.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:58 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I don't indict conservatives, I'm indicting you for this stupid arse thread, which is absurd; but I know you are like Trump and desperate for that win.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't indict conservatives, I'm indicting you for this stupid arse thread, which is absurd; but I know you are like Trump and desperate for that win.
you said religion is bs, in a thread about biden. the validity of religion had nothing to do with it, but whenever there’s criticism of a democrat, you guys frequently turn the attention to flaws of trump and trumplicans.

you said religion is BS. you’re saying that what many people
consider to be their most cherished. eludes, is BS. but that wasn’t an indictment of them. whatever.

the way you guys say something, then deny it, is something to behold.

no democrat has ever done anything that wasn’t perfect. we get it.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Religion is BS IMHO
go to a catholic school, tell
the teachers working for a liberty wage that whet they’re doing is all BS.

go to a catholic hospital where everyone ( including non religious) can get free healthcare if they need it, tell them that mission is all BS.

go to a catholic homeless shelter or food bank or adoption agency, tell all the staff that their
mission is BS.

but i’m stupid. gotcha.

if religion is BS, and Biden says he’s devoutly catholic, what does that tell you about him? must be a sucker or a simpleton right?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Good work for those willing to do it and FYI Jim it never has to be done in the name of religion, lots of agnostics are charitable including myself. I think you calling out Biden for a mispronounced religious word is BS and IMHO absurd, stupid and childish. And as with you I’m entitled to my opinion of this lame thread and I’m sticking to it.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Good work for those willing to do it and FYI Jim it never has to be done in the name of religion, lots of agnostics are charitable including myself. I think you calling out Biden for a mispronounced religious word is BS and IMHO absurd, stupid and childish. And as with you I’m entitled to my opinion of this lame thread and I’m sticking to it.
FYI, i never said it has to be done in the name of religion, but for many, religion is a motivator to do more..but that’s just BS to the volunteers and to the people who benefit.