Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Lawyer, Fixer or Liar

Who's telling the truth?
One guy has been proven to lie and deny over and over
The other I don't know
They both have a lot to lose or gain
What I do know is, once you get lawyers involved, it is not this clean a cut.
"We are now at one of those points. With the revelation on CNN Thursday night that, according to the network’s sources, Michael Cohen is ready to testify that the president* knew in advance of the now-legendary meeting in June of 2016 at which individuals connected to the Russian government offered to ratfck Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign for him, we stand as a self-governing republic at a stark, unclouded moment—either you believe the president* of the United States is utterly illegitimate, having conspired with a hostile power to gain the office he now holds, and that every act he has taken in that office, up to and including swearing the oath of office, is equally illegitimate, or you do not. It is now a binary. If Cohen is willing to testify to that effect, then the president* conspired with the regime of Vladimir Putin in order to gain control over the executive branch of government in this country—which includes not only the military, but the law-enforcement and intelligence apparatus as well. We are now at yes-or-no."
BY CHARLES P. PIERCE
JUL 27, 2018

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
Nebe

But her emails !!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
But her emails !!!
But you get to go into the past to tout Obama's successes. If you can go back in time to make your point, how come the other side can't?
Old 07-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
Nebe

Because I think the current administration is a joke. That’s why.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Eben, You are OK with the WHATABOUTISM as long as it support your side.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
spence

All I know is the chickens are coming home to roost. Fraudulent payments to silence affairs, illegally profiting off of your office, collusion with the enemy...we've never seen anything like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Does not sound like much to me

One liar against another liar
Meanwhile Clinton actually did conspire and collide with Russians....... but Trump
Old 07-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Michael Cohen is ready to testify that the president* knew in advance of the now-legendary meeting in June of 2016 at which individuals connected to the Russian government

Were they actually officials of the Russian government? What does "connected to the Russian government" mean? Isn't every citizen of Russia connected to the Russian government?

offered to ratfck Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign for him,

Is opposition research ratfcking?

we stand as a self-governing republic

I wholeheartedly agree with this. A self governing republic, not a democracy.

at a stark, unclouded moment—either you believe the president* of the United States is utterly illegitimate, having conspired with a hostile power to gain the office he now holds,

Were the Russians at the meeting a hostile power?

and that every act he has taken in that office, up to and including swearing the oath of office, is equally illegitimate, or you do not. It is now a binary. If Cohen is willing to testify to that effect, then the president* conspired with the regime of Vladimir Putin

Was the regime of Vladimir Putin at the meeting?

in order to gain control over the executive branch of government in this country—which includes not only the military, but the law-enforcement and intelligence apparatus as well. We are now at yes-or-no."
BY CHARLES P. PIERCE
JUL 27, 2018
We are not at war with Russia. We, and the administration before this one, and before that previous administration, peaceably negotiated various agreements with the Russian government. Russian government officials were not at the meeting. Nothing was "conspired" at the meeting. The meeting did not ratfck Hillary's campaign. Nor was there an offer to do so made at the meeting.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Meanwhile Clinton actually did conspire and collide with Russians....... but Trump
Huh?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:

Cards are falling. At least Don Jr. is going down.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:26 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Can’t wait for it to end one way or the other. Personally I find it ironic and very disappointing, that it takes the heat of this investigation really cranking up, to push Trump to finally call a meeting to discuss Russian cyber meddling. He has repeatedly denied it ever happened and probably still doesn’t believe reports it’s still ongoing, yet only now does he even consider having a meeting to discuss cyber security. For him to also state the ongoing meddling is for the benefit of the Democrats would be laughable, if not so sad and obvious.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
We are not at war with Russia. We, and the administration before this one, and before that previous administration, peaceably negotiated various agreements with the Russian government. Russian government officials were not at the meeting. Nothing was "conspired" at the meeting. The meeting did not ratfck Hillary's campaign. Nor was there an offer to do so made at the meeting.
The meeting its most basic is already a proven conspiracy. That they covered it up just seals the deal.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Can’t wait for it to end one way or the other. Personally I find it ironic and very disappointing, that it takes the heat of this investigation really cranking up, to push Trump to finally call a meeting to discuss Russian cyber meddling. He has repeatedly denied it ever happened and probably still doesn’t believe reports it’s still ongoing, yet only now does he even consider having a meeting to discuss cyber security. For him to also state the ongoing meddling is for the benefit of the Democrats would be laughable, if not so sad and obvious.
I don’t think the White House has yet given any government agency directives to protect the election.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The meeting its most basic is already a proven conspiracy. That they covered it up just seals the deal.
What conspiracy was proved?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All I know is the chickens are coming home to roost. Fraudulent payments to silence affairs, illegally profiting off of your office, collusion with the enemy...we've never seen anything like this.

I am on the fence WRT Trump on whether he "colluded" or not (or more accurately illegally conspired). I would not be surprised if he and his minions get busted, a position I held before he was elected.

But immagonna laugh at this part "Fraudulent payments to silence affairs, illegally profiting off of your office, collusion with the enemy...we've never seen anything like this." We will not have seen anything like this until we find the bathroom Trump hid HIS server in

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Sadly one of those big liars is our president. Even fox aired a video recently coming down on Trump, with just the short list of his lies and surprisingly saying his own stink (constant lies) was contributing to the swamp he was going to drain.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #17
detbuch

Two more SCOTUS judges. Then they can put Trump in jail.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

I am on the fence WRT Trump on whether he "colluded" or not (or more accurately illegally conspired). I would not be surprised if he and his minions get busted, a position I held before he was elected.

But immagonna laugh at this part "Fraudulent payments to silence affairs, illegally profiting off of your office, collusion with the enemy...we've never seen anything like this." We will not have seen anything like this until we find the bathroom Trump hid HIS server in
Yeah power corrupts absolutely, isn’t the first time we’ve seen it and it probably won’t be the last.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #19
PaulS

I find the whole thing sort of sad. He is our president and we don't deserve this. Also it's funny Giuliani calls Cohen a long-time liar yet he was Trump's personal lawyer for a long time.